Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ What He Wants ❯ Two Princes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: What He Wants

Summary: Akira always gets what he wants and right now he wants Shindo Hikaru all by himself. Of course our famous Go player has to endure hell first to get it.

Category: Shonen Ai meaning boyxboy. If you don't like, then don't read, but how can you deny Shindou from Akira, they just make such a kawaii couple!!!- Hikaru and Akari are only made to be best friends and someone that can make Akira sooo jealous even though that's fun to see.

Rating: PG-13 for mild language and situations

Disclaimer: I do not own Hikaru No Go, but I do own this fanfic so I get to do anything I want with the characters, so Haha to all of you lawyers out there!!!

Prolouge: The Beginning

Akira's POV

I always get what I want from the day I was born. Father and Mother made sure I get the best in everything and it wasn't hard since I am the only heir to the throne of Aries. I'm grateful for that, but there isn't anything I want except to play Go. I love the game. It's like creating this whole new universe by your own hands. When I play Go I become God and someday I plan to reach the Hand of God. Father is trying to do the same thing, but is still not having great success in it. Mother and I worry for him. He's so bent on reaching it that somehow he had forgotten to enjoy the game. Father is too strong to let that fully happen, but as his son I worry that maybe in a long while he might.

"Akira?" asked a deep voice. Oh, that's Father right now.

"Yes, Father?" I asked as I turned to face him. It's considered rude to speak to him from behind.

"I give up," He voice was empty and tired.

"What are you talking about Father?" I was worried now. Father never looked this sick before. "Do you want me to call a healer?"

"No, Akira," he shook his head solemnly, "No healer can fix me."

"Then Father tell what's wrong?"

"The Hand of God, I have given up on it," he answered.

"But Father!! You're so close!" I was surprised that he had given up to something that means so much to him. Father laughs at my outburst.

"Akira, you know that my skill is good, but..." he replied.

"Father, your moves are amazing!" I retorted. He wasn't good, Father was great, the greatest Go player in his time.

"Akira, my skills might be amazing, but the passion I once held for the game has burn," He was so strickenly sad. "Without any passion for the game I will never achieve the hand of God."

"But..." I was at lost of words.

"You, Akira, love the game so much and play it with the same fierce passion I once held, but I fear that flame might also burn," I was about to intervene, but Father continued, "The reason why I failed to achieve the Hand of God was because I had nobody pushing me to reach a higher level than what I already have. Akira, I want you to have this someone, I want you to have an eternal rival."

I was speechless.

Hikaru's POV

The Kingdom is in outbursts. Father is ordering countless of servants to carry out plans for us to go to this Kingdom called Aries. It's supposed to be the greatest kingdom in all the land. I don't really care, but the worst part about this kingdom is they absolutely love playing GO. The better you are at it, the higher you rank. That reminds me so much of...Oh, I shouldn't think of that.

Go, I hate that word and I hate the game more. Father absolutely loves the stupid game. Grandpa loves it more than him if that's actually possible. That's the reason why the kingdom is in disarray. Father and Grandpa are invited to come and join this tournament for Go players and I'm actually forced to come with them. Mother is lucky enough to stay at home because someone has to keep the kingdom in order.

"Hikaru, come on boy! It's time for your lesson on Go!" yelled Grandpa. I guess they still haven't grasp what I keep telling them since the last three months when....

"I keep telling you I don't want to play Go!! Who would want to play such a boring game anyways!?" I yelled toward him. Grandpa and Father didn't really like the fact that I hated Go with a passion. Father wants me to put the same passion towards the game, but how can I if I keep hurting just by the mention of the game.

"You fool, you don't know what your missing!" yelled Grandpa.

"Yes, I do!!! I'm missing a game that will only waste my time!!" I yelled to him, "I'm leaving!! If your ready to leave for that stupid tournament find me in the garden!! I'll be by the river!!!"

"Boy! What do you do there all day!!" he asked, actually curious.

"I stay away far from you and that goban of yours!" I answered, my voice never wavering at the lie coming out from my mouth. They don't need to know and hell will have to freeze before they know.

"Very well, but are you sure you don't want to learn how to play?!" he remarked.

"I don't need to learn!" I shouted back because I already knew how, but that's another one they shouldn't know. I walked slowly toward the garden The garden is so beautiful especially at this time when they are the top of their beauty, but of course they'll die. They'll die to come back more beautiful than ever. Maybe that will happen with...I should stop this wishful thinking of mine because that's all they are, wishful thinkings.

I placed both my arms on the railings of the bridge and gave a tired sigh as I placed my head on top of my hands as I looked at the depths of the river. So beautiful, but I wonder why I keep going here. It brings memories...memories that I wish I could forget. I laugh...forget...do I really want that? I'm not sure anymore...my mind is so confused right now.

"Hikaru!!! Were ready!!!" I smiled. Maybe leaving this place will help me clear my head for a while. I walked away from it. The garden that held bittersweet memories.

A/N: Yea!! I am done!! If you guys haven't notice this is an AU so if you don't like this kind of fic then beware. Plz review because I won't be updating this unless I have ten reviewers at the least even if it take years and years because what's the point of writing it if nobody is reading it. - Sayonara and see you at the next chapter, I hope. >_< Oh… and I am so sorry that it's so shot and all.