Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ What He Wants ❯ Emotions and Flashbacks ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know what?! Just ruin my dream will you?! HNG will never be mine! breaks down cryingNow I'll never get to see Hikaru and Akira together! So unfair. Thank goodness for fanfiction.

----------[Author's POV]-------------

An 18 year old, Akira Touya stood before the balcony of his room, unseen by the people below him. Piercing green eyes stared bitterly at the palace gates as another disgustingly flourished carriage entered his well established home . The cold wind callously stung his well tone cheeks with its cold exterior, yet he paid no heed of the pain, his attention mainly on the tiny specks moving below while his long purple robe were caressed willingly by the same stinging wind. His emerald hair flung angrily at his blazing eyes, its silky texture undeterred. From below he looked nothing short, but an angry god.

Growing undeniably bored at his one-man staring contest with the unwanted test, he swung his body around and entered his heated room. Murmuring undistinguishable curses, he walked elegantly toward his goban he received for his 17th birthday.

/Damn it, what will this solve! What is Father thinking inviting unwanted company! Doesn't he know I prided on being HIS rival not anyone else?!/

Feeling an encouraging feeling to throw something, he settled himself by his goban. He stared down at the bowl of go-ke, looking oh so very tempting to strew around the round, but discouraged the thought as he clenched his hands, nails cutting through his flesh. He was a man who like to keep everything in control, his anger was one of them. As an exasperated sigh came forth from his lips, he place a go-ke between his fingers, examining the texture of the stone.

/Maybe studying some of my kifu will calm my infernal disagreement with all this stupid tournament./

He was about to start when a resounding knock came from his door. /Great! Can't I even have time to calm myself down./ Narrowed eyes bore through the door willing it to blow and taking the person who dared disturb him with it. Without great success, he grinded his teeth. "Come in." A strained smile spread on his lips as his Father entered. "Father, I'm surprised you have enough time to visit your own son with all the guest that you have."

"Akira, enough with your disagreeable attitude," He stared at his son, who had seated himself within the traditional kneeling stance when before a goban. "As much as you oppose this competition, they are your guest, not mine nor your mother's."

"I neither invited them nor know them, Father, so I doubt they are MY guest," Akira grimaced at his edgy voice. He wasn't used disobeying commands either by his mother and especially by his Father.

/Well, he brought this on himself!/

"Akira, this is enough!" The king's voice boomed throughout the large room. "I am tired of your childish behavior! You will go down with me during our feast to welcome each of our guest competing on your tournament."

"Father!" He bit down the next words to come through his mouth as he received a freezing stare from him. "Yes Father, I'll be down for the feast." He drawled his last words and brokenly stared at his kifu. He could never win a battle with his Father, whether it was Go or another matter.

Sighing, the king turned toward the bent form of his only son. "Akira, someday you'll thank me for this." Ignoring his words, Akira turned toward his kifu with the attention one would focus on a game, only staring up as he heard the door close.

/Father, you're wrong. Nothing good will come out of this./

------------[Author's POV]------------------

Hikaru blew at the offending bleach bangs out of his eyes as he lazily laid down on the carriage seat. He had one all by himself, so spreading his long legs was not a problem. Hands supporting the back of his head, he gave a tired sigh and closed his amber eyes. Bitterness against the memories didn't stop them from coming because as soon as light disappeared there they were, the memories he wished to erase from his mind, but etched so hard that it was quite useless to do so.

Memories...

He hated them, but couldn't live without them...

[Flashback]

Long amethyst hair billowed at the background as the owner smiled a knowing smile at his student, no, his friend. His eyes traced at the beautiful game performed by him and the innocent boy, who was now scowling.

"It's not fair that you always win." Angrily acknowledging his defeat, his face disappeared as his body fell smoothly down the grassy plain, his hair entangled with the fallen sakura petals. "Sai, will I ever beat you some day?"

"Now, don't fret Hikaru," The beautiful man stood up and walked toward his fallen friend. "You've come a long way from when you started three years ago. It amazes me how strong a player you've become for such a short while."

"Who are trying to fool, Sai," The youthful boy position himself into a sitting position, leg crossed and arms before him as he stared admirably at his transparent friend. "I have not once won a game with you."

"But you seem to forget that you no longer need a handicap when playing me," he answered, his fan covering his smiling face. His white robe swayed in a dance as he walked out from Hikaru. "It's harder everyday to beat you, my friend. And then their will be a time when I myself can not suffice your spirit to grow stronger at the game. That is my fear, that someday I will not be enough for you, that someday you will not need me."

"Your talking crazy again Sai." He stood up and followed the retreating figure of his companion. "I'll always need you. Your my friend, stupid." Smiling childishly he raced toward the lake and dove toward it's clear depth. Laughing, he swam in circles, trying to catch a retreating fish.

"Hikaru, what in heaven's sake are you doing," Sai laughed at his childish antics. "You're going to get a cold that way. Now, don't start pouting, get out of there, the wind is starting up."

"Hey, you're not my mother, Sai!"

"I'm your friend and I'm not going to be guilty if you get a cold," Stomping his feet impatiently, he watched in satisfaction as Hikaru clambered out of the lake, his sun colored robes dragging down on the dirt floor at the added weight and shook his head irately.

"Hikaru, your nothing but a pup! And now let's go play Go!" Jumping in heart whelming joy, he clamped his hand together and looked longingly at the dripping boy.

"Look who's talking!" HIkaru chided. "And I have to change Sai, isn`t that what you wanted?"

"You can do that later."

"Sai, it's getting cold and the longer I stay outside, the better the chance I might catch a cold, so we can't play." Walking toward his home, he felt his friend's sorrow. "Aw, Sai, don't be sad. How about after I change, we could play inside my room?"

"Really?! Really?! Really?!"

Hikaru laughed. "Give a puppy a bone and he'll be happy."

"What?"

The smile never leaving the youthful boy, he dashed across the full blooming garden, his loud, cheerful laughter ringing throughout the entire place.

/I wonder how long Sai will take to figure it out?/

"HIKARU!"

/I guess not that long!/

[End of Flashback]

He laughed at the memory and found his hands animatedly wiping at the narrow path of tears form during his daydream. Heaving his feet down the carriage floor, he seated himself properly. Turning his side, he looked at the passing scenery before him.

/It seems like I've been dreaming for quite a long while, but I wonder if my life will be better if all I do is dream my past life./

He felt the carriage halt, placing his head out of the carriage he found himself looking toward a towering tower and one word escaped from his mouth, "Wow."

"Hikaru, don't stick your head out like that!" screamed the familiar voice of his grandpa.

"How did you get over there?!" He asked as he watched him waved furiously at him.

"I've been here for a half an hour, waiting for you!" "Oh..."

"Guard, please let my ungrateful grandson in."

"Hey! Who are you calling ungrateful, old man!" He raised his fisted hands toward the sneering face of the laughing man. "Stop laughing!"

"Oh, shut up! Were going to be late if you don't hurry!"

"Well, I'm not the one driving, am I?!" Growling he seated himself at his carriage, head bent, arms crossed, and supple lips pouting. He heard the carriage door open and in enters the wrinkled face of his grandpa.

"Don't you dare start moping now, young man," He chided, his foot tapping impatiently at the cement floor. "Now get out of that carriage and met out host."

"What if I don't want to."

"Hikaru." His stern voice left no room for disagreement and the teen reluctantly walked out the confinement of his carriage.

Arms still crossed, lips still pouting, he grumbled. "It doesn't mean I have to like it."

"You're not meeting Akira-senpai like that."

"Senpai? He's my age for crying out loud. I am not going to call him senpai!"

"Fine, just smile like a good little boy, how about that?"

"Hmpf! I'll smile, but I'm not going to like it."

"I wouldn't care."

"Some grandpa you turn out to be." Grinding his teeth, he forced a smiled as he entered the castle's wall.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: It's still too short for my taste, so in the next chapter, I'll try to write more. I am so SORRY that this took forever! N-e-wayz, thanx to all that reviewed, I really appreciate it! Akira and Shindou will be meeting in the next chapter!