Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ What He Wants ❯ First Meetings and Roommates ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: What He Wants
Disclaimer: I don't own HnG because if I do Akira would get Hikaru and Akari would get someone else.
------------------------------------------------------
-Knock Knock Knock-
Grinding his teeth in irritation, Akira forced an ever practiced greeting smile and answered, "Come in."
The left door came ajar as two servants stepped through carrying a futon, pillows, and blankets. Curious, Akira stood up and followed their movements. Several inches away from one servant, one long finger poked at his back, causing him to turn toward the ever curious prince. "Excuse me, may I ask what it is you are doing?"
"Oh, Prince Akira, did not your Father tell you of your new roommate?"
"Roommate?" Now, he was getting really curious.
"Yes, it seems the prospect of the tournament was quite popular and space became limited to two people to a room."
"I see....may you excuse me," Hurrying out of the room and into the balcony, he closed the two doors separating the two. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
-----------------------------------------------------< /div>
"What the hell was that?" Hikaru shivered at the sound of the deep wrenching scream.
"Must be some lunatic, maybe you can be friends with it, you'll have many in common." His grandpa smirked at his remark.
"Was that suppose to be a joke?" A scowl marred his boyish face, causing any girl to feint at the cute expression. "I don't think it was all that funny."
"I thought it was."
"Then your definition of funny is just sick."
"I don't seem to care, grandson. I'm just here to show you your room for our stay."
"Should I be grateful or something?"
"You should."
"I'm not."
"Ungrateful brat."
"Thank you."
"Oh, come on." Trudging toward the castle, Hikaru placed his hands behind his head and started to hum a song that Sai had taught him one particularly beautiful day.
Flashback
Sai's transparent back seemed to lean into the stout trunk of a tree. Its droopy leaves passing gently through him as the wind caressed it as would a mother to a baby. Hikaru sat nearby, the corner of his mouth cast in a frown.
Sensing his mood, Sai asked, "What's wrong Hikaru?"
"Huh?" Hikaru spun his head toward his friend and smiled softly for him. "It's nothing. I was just thinking."
"Of what?" Sai kneeled before Hikaru, his hands placed on his lap, keeping his fan in place. "It seems to be troubling you."
"Um...I shouldn't say it. I don't what to trouble you with my problems."
"But Hikaru, aren't we friends?"
"Of course we are! The best of friends!"
"Then as a friend's job, it's my duty for me to help you with your troubles."
"It's stupid, but I guess if you want to know....I'll tell you." Hikaru played with his fingers and looked down at his feet. "Well, you see, I'm already 15 years old and its the perfect time for me to find a wife."
"Oh, I see. Marriage is a complicated thing and you are still a child." Sai covered his mouth with his fan, covering his smile. "But I think it would be great to be married. I was married when I was around your age."
"Really?" His voice was lace with an abundance of curiosity and he looked up to meet his face. "Could you tell me about."
"Very well. Where to start. I guess we can start when I first met her." Sai's smile never faltered as he thought of his past life. "Her name was Ariya. She was a beautiful vixen; her hair was a dark blue, the same as her eyes."
"That's strange."
"Yes, I guess it is, but it was beautiful." Sai seemed to be lost in thought and cease from talking as his eyes seem to wander away from Hikaru.
"Sai?"
His voice reached through him and he shook his dazed head. "Oh, sorry Hikaru. My head just seem to wander somewhere else. As I was saying, her hair and eyes look very much like the sky today." Hikaru raised his head and found himself staring at the clearest sky he had ever seen. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Sai laughed as Hikaru seemed to have lose himself such as he had. "When I met her, she too was looking up toward the sky."
Hikaru strayed one last look at the sky and then turned back his attention to his friend. "She was singing a song and I was entranced with it."
"Could you remember the song she had sung?"
"Of course."
"It goes something like this." Sai closed his eyes and sung the words.
I do not recognize
those eyes
The smile is brighter
than my own.
This hair is not the same
thin hair
that flattens
in the morning air.
Whose face is this
I see tonight?
Is this the face I wear
inside
my skin,
behind the mask
you see?
Whose face is this?
Could it be me?
Hikaru smiled as transparent tears crawled down the face of his friend. "You miss her, don't you?"
"Greatly, but Hikaru do not marry for the wrong reason. One should always marry the one they love. One who understands you and one who will let you see the real you."
"Tell me more about her."
"It is getting late and I suspect that the air is getting cold. We must head back, but I'll tell you more about our life and how we ended. Right now, you shouldn't worry about marriage. First, you must find the one you are destined to be with."
Hikaru laughed as he jumped from his seating position. "I never thought you can be serious, Sai."
"What is that suppose to mean?!" He pouted as Hikaru bounced toward the place he now calls home. "Hikaru!!"
End of Flashback
"What are you humming, Hikaru?" asked his grandfather.
He smiled and answered, "A song. A friend of mine taught it to me and I can't seem to forget it, even if I wanted to."
"Is that so."
"Yup! It's worth a lot to me because it was worth a lot to him."
------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
"Prince, what is wrong?" Akira's face was the color of cherry from anger as he sat down on his bed, hands on his lap. Akira forced a smile and shook his head. It wasn't his place to question his father's orders, even though the thought of sharing a room with someone was such an awful idea.
"Tell me, who I'm I to share my room with." He hoped it not to be a girl since he was never good with them; they always seem to feint when they see him. He had no clue to the reason, but he hoped he'll find a cure soon; his mother seems to be the only one not effected with his disease.
"I do not know, prince."
Knock, Knock
"Ah, but maybe we will know soon." The servant clambered toward the door and slowly opens it. "Welcome." He gave a bow and move to make way. "Prince we will be taking our leave now."
"Alright, thank you for your help."
"I hope you will enjoy having your new roommate." With those words Akira craned his head to look and found himself sighing. It was not a girl, but a boy. He stood up and went toward him. Smiling, he welcomed his new roommate.
"Touya," His voice was laced with loathing and Akira found himself taking a step back. It seems that his roommate would not be liking him, how unfortunate. "Nice to meet you." Akira would have to be an idiot not to notice the hate spilling forth from his mouth. Who was this young man that would hate him so much? He was sure he never did anything wrong to the guy since he never met the guy before.
"Um....nice to meet you too."
"I'm sure. My name is Waya Yoshitaka ."
"My name is Akira Touya."
"I know." Waya went toward his made bed and dumped his belongings. "Look, I don't like you, unlike your many fans."
Touya grimaced. "Is that right?"
"Yes, you must be shock." Waya stood mere inches from him. "It is my untimely luck that I am to room with you, but to make it easier for the both of us, I will not talk to you and you will not try to talk to you. Agreed?"
"Agreed."
"Good," Waya smirked as he went toward the door. "I will be looking forward to beating you, prince." Then with a thump the door closed.
"Conceited jerk." Akira fell toward his bed and closed his eyes. "This is going to be a long tournament." He hoped at least he'll have fun, but his luck seems to be waning lately.
Knock, Knock
"What now!" Angrily standing up, he walked toward his door, then stopped midway. What in seven hells is wrong with him today? He can't seem to get control of his emotions. Taking a deep breath, he told himself to be calm. Smiling, he opened the door. "Hello, may I help you?"
"Um......" The old man stood in shock. There, in front of his eyes was the prince of Aries. One of the greatest Go player alive. His mouth gawked in awe causing the prince to squirm. He knew that look; that look was the look of a fan, the worse people there is. Just as he was to try and run away, a voice came from the man's back.
"What is taking you so long, grandpa?! Just ask for the damn directions already!"
A young boy? A fairly loud young boy. Craning his head to look, he found himself staring at fiery amber eyes. His hair was an inky black with golden bangs; a great contrast. He seem to be scowling right now. He watched, amused as the old man turned toward the boy.
"Quite boy, do you not know who I am speaking to."
"Why should I care who you're talking to?!" Hikaru crossed his arms and turned his head. "Why the hell I'm I even here?"
"You are here to play Go because you wish to."
"I do not care to play Go. Why is it that you are always trying to force me to start playing it? You know how I despise the game."
Akira tried to stop the gasp from spilling, but he couldn't it. The thought that anyone can actually despise Go was a great shock to him. Was it even possible? Before he knew it, his gasps caused the two to turned toward him and he blushed a deep scarlet. "Um....just um....shock."
"Oh, I'm sorry that you have to hear just blasphemy from my grandson. He doesn't know what he is saying."
"I know what I'm saying grandpa." Hikaru took a turn to speculate the prince his grandfather had praised so often and scoffed. He didn't look at all that special. Taking a step forth, he stop mere inches away from him. "What's so special about you?!" He poked a protruding finger at Akira's shoulder causing him to stumble. "And he's weak too."
"Don't you dare treat the prince that way!" His grandfather twapped him in the head, causing Hikaru to curse. "He is THE Akira Touya."
"Whatever. Hey, prince tell me where this room is." He handed him a paper and Akira controlled a scowl from forming.
"Right there," Akira pointed across from him and then slammed the door. "Just great I have a roommate who hates me and a guy across my room hates Go. The tournament hasn't even started and I'm already hating this. I need a good nap, maybe I'll be in a better mood after it."
Trudging toward his bed, he slumped on it and feel into an exhausting sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
A/N: Thanks to all that review and I hope you like this fic. This took quite a long time, but I'm finally done with this. YAY!!! Poor Touya, he has Waya as a roommate and had just meet the only person who actually hate Go. Well, he'll life might go to the better, but then it could go worse. And who will be Hikaru's roomie, find out on the next chapters. Also I want to know if you all would like to know more about Sai's love life with Ariya.
Anyway, review everyone and tell me what you think!