House Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Walls ❯ Intro to a Brick Wall ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN: This is essentially a drabble because I wasn't sure where to start. Chapter 2 will be an actual story so fear not!

Disclaimer: Come on! We all know who owns House, M.D.! ^_^ But the dirty thoughts are all mind!

Rating: PG13

Warning: Essentially, there is none. Except to say this fic will be a femslash. Don't like? Bug off. Look for more warnings as the fic goes on.

***
Invisible Walls

Chapter 1: Intro to a Brick a Wall


The bitter lie that Thirteen continued to to tell herself was this: She was not attracted to any of the women that she had or occasionally worked with. Except the truth was that she was. When she had first gazed upon Amber at Orientation her heart pounded and when she first met Cameron, her heart skipped a beat. Ah, but the creme de la creme was of course her boss's boss: Cuddy. Not only had the first sight of the older woman make her heart stop for a moment but it had also knocked the wind clean out of her, even if it all only happened in her mind. Something about the dark haired cougar had seemed perfect. What, was unclear to Thirteen, but it didn't matter because each sighting, each conversation, each presence, each passing glance was at anticpated as getting a hot shower every night after work. Obviously, it would be simple lunacy to even think that there would even be a possibility between the two, though this did not disuade Thirteen's mind from wandering there.

When House had issued the challenged to get Cuddy's panties, Thirteen's mind went into overdrive with images so pornagraphic that she had no idea that she even knew things like them. In the end, panic drove her into a bathroom stall for some time as she relieved herself of the dirty thoughts that were overwhelming her. Later, when she saw Cuddy after discovering she had been pants, Thirteen swore she had dove to the ground and peeked up Cuddy's skirt. Again, it only happened in her mind, but she did twitch for the rest of the day whenever she saw Cuddy. The worst moment for her had to be when House fired her, picking Tau and that idiot over her. While she could deal with not getting the job, the thought that she would no longer see Cuddy tore a large hole in her heart. When her phone rang later that evening, she could not summon the strength to even look at it as it sat on her coffee table. Yes, she had gone straight home, unwilling to linger and futher torment herself with 'what ifs'.

Did she almost scream when a knock came at her door three hours later? Again, yes, but she bit her tongue and looked through the peek hole to examine her visitor. At the sight of Cuddy, she flung open her door, banging a hole into the wall behind the door. Cuddy's surprised expression would have been comical if Thirteen had not been so wrapped up in her own surprise. Hell, the hole in her wall barely registered!

"Did I come at a bad time?" Cuddy asked, looking behind the door at the hole.

"No! You just surprised me, is all." The words tumbled out in a blur.

Cuddy smiled and Thirteen could only stare with surprise still evident on her face. "I have good news for you. I've been trying to call you but you didn't answer, so I stopped by on my way home. You see, after talking with House, I decided that he could hire you as well. That is, if you still want the position?"

"I definitely want the position," was the reply from Thirteen, too quick for her to fully digest the question. See, she hadn't meant the one where she worked as House's lap dog and the fact that she had let it slip forced a deep blush on her face. Thankfully, Cuddy correctly misinterperted the reply as an innocent one born of surprise, though she reached out her hand to Thirteen's forehead at the sight of her blush.

"You feel a little warm," Cuddy commented. "You should rest and I'll perhaps see you tomorrow if you're feeling better, Dr. Hadley?"

A dumb nod recieved another smile from Cuddy and she was off down the hall of Thirteen's building. When she heard the distant bang of her building's front door, Thirteen closed her door and leaned against it. Placing her hand on her own forehead as Cuddy had did, she chewed over the encounter. Giddy all of a sudden, she brought her hand down and laughed out loud to herself. As if there would ever have been a better chance to throw herself at Cuddy! And she blew it! Closing her eyes, she shook her head to clear things. With some effort she came down from her high and glanced around her quiet apartment, it was then she noticed the hole in her wall.

"Shit."

*To be Continued*