House Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Walls ❯ Crashing Into the Side of a House ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Come on! We all know who owns House, M.D.! That's right, some lucky bastard. XD

Rating: Still PG13! Fuck! o.O Oh, does that bring it up to R?

Warning: Essentially, there is none. Except to say this fic will be a femslash. Don't like? Bug off. Look for more warnings as the fic goes on.
*****

Invisible Walls

Chapter 3 - Crashing Into the Side of a House


Tension. It was there like a unsightly canker sore. Every time they passed each other in the corridors, or anywhere for that matter, tension was there, thick and heavy. Thirteen's desire for her boss's boss had become almost blinding, but she didn't know if Cuddy felt the same. As she had thought, Cuddy seemed to feign any interest in her, to the point of practically looking through her at times. Then it happened, unexpected and perhaps not as heavy as the tension that long had drowned her, but close enough.

As it went, things were normal, chaotic, but that was the norm. Working in a hospital, chaos was expected on a minutely basis. The team was actually treating a whole family, two adults and three kids, all suffering from flu-like symptoms. Of course, those weren't their only symptoms, else the team wouldn't even be bothered by them. Two of the children were vomiting blood, needing operations to check for ulcers in their stomachs. The parents and the other child had dangerously high fevers and seemed to be sensitive to light.

It was a very confusing case, but eventually they managed to get the patients stable and since some medication for heavy metals poisoning seemed to be working, the team was finally relaxing. Thirteen wandered away to the vending machines, feeling the urge to eat something crunchy and seriously craving a bag of chips. She was so focused on getting a bag of chips that Thirteen didn't notice Cuddy stepping into the corridor and subsequentially, into her path. Promptly, she walked right into the older woman, losing her footing in surprise and tumbling with Cuddy down to the floor. Losing her barings for a moment, Thirteen realized her face was pressed against something soft. It took another moment for her to realize she had landed face-first onto Cuddy's breasts. Snapping her head up, she stared in wide-eyed horror at Cuddy's face. There she found not anger, but a light blush and two deep eyes staring back at her. Hungry. Scared.

"I'm so sorry, Dr. Cuddy!" She exclaimed, panicking at what she glimpsed.

"No, it's okay. It was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." Cuddy said, not moving from her position under Thirteen.

"No, it was my fault! I should have been paying more attention to my surroundings!" Thirteen said, still panicked. Trying to get up, she felt a soft, yet firm grip on her left forearm. Cuddy was holding her from moving away.

"I said it was my fault and that's that." Cuddy said, her voice low and Thirteen realized she wasn't apologizing for their collision anymore.

"No, it wasn't." Again, Thirteen tried to pull away and get up, but Cuddy held her harder.

"Remy, I want to ask you something. If only you'll forgive me for ignoring you." So soft was her voice that Thirteen leaned forward to catch every word.

Before either could say another word, the familiar thump of a cane and it's limping owner echoed down the corridor. Scrambling up, the two women stood, dusting off their clothing and mumbling apologies before House arrived to undoubtably heckle them.

"Well, either you two heard the news about Clay Aiken and were so overwrought with grief that fell atop of each other. Or you two are finally showing your claws and I should probably get something to hose you down with?" House remarked, eyeing the two women carefully and possibly, pervertedly.

"We just walked into each other, House, that's all." Folding her arms below her breasts, Cuddy tried to make it clear that he should shut up.

"Or was it that you two were gazing so lovingly at each other that you lost all sense of equilibrum and crashed into each other?"

Rolling her eyes, Thirteen spoke up. "We fell, that's all!"

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Cuddy's bosom, that's so graciously spilling out of her lowcut top."

Flushing in anger more then embarrassment, Cuddy quickly pulled the front of her top upward. Turning quickly, she walked away in a huff. Watching her go, Thirteen could have cried in pure and utter frustration at another missed chance. Shaking his cane, House smirked.

"I can see what you see her. With all that cleavage on display, anyone could get lost staring at it."

"You know... Urgh!" Thirteen stomped off in the opposite direction, forgetting her cravings and focusing on her anger. Behind her, she heard House call, "Was it something I said?"

Another missed chance. Another wall she had walked into. Crashed into rather.


*To be Continued.*


A/N: Let's see, oh, I wanted to point out the diagnosis of heavy metals poisoning and the symptoms of the family are just things I made up. Yeah, heavy metals poisoning is real but I made up the symptoms, so don't hold them up as real symptoms!

Oh, and Clay Aiken's gay, if you didn't already know. You know, because it was never blatantly obvious at any time beforehand... ::rolls eyes and coughs::