Howl's Moving Castle Fan Fiction ❯ Obstacles ❯ In Which A problem is Cleared up.\ ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In Which a Problem Is Cleared Up
Howl looked at Markl in horror.
"She-she's gone?” Howl stammered,” How can that be? She does hate me! Oh God, oh God. I have to find her.” Howl sank to his knees, and put his hands in his head.He sat there for several moments, unaware of Markl trying not to laugh.
“ Howl? What in the world are you doing on the floor?” How looked up to meet Sophie's confused look.
“ Sophie!” He jumped up and took her into his arms, “ Are you okay? When did you come back? I was so worried! Sophie I-” He was interrupted by a burst of giggles and a cough/bark. Howl stared at the doorway where the sound of Markl's footsteps were heard disappearing. There was the faint sound of--
“ Told you I could get them to stop fighting.” Howl glared at the doorway. A grunt was heard behind them.
“ Honestly, I don't mean to interrupt your little `Love Scene' but we still have arrangements,” The Prince said grinning. Sophie shifting in his arms forced Howl to look at her, she was turning a deeper shade of red every moment.
“ Ah ha ha ha…so um, Sophie, where were you?” Howl said while simultaneously backing away from her, very far away.
“ I was,” Sophie said, looking at the floor, “ I was…grocery shopping, didn't Markl tell you? We were short on snacks so I made a quick run to the store. He was to watch the guests.” It took all that Howl had not to dash out of the room and strangle the boy. ` I swear when I get my hands on that boy I'll…' A stream of curse words followed the rest of his thought. Howl turned back to the Prince.
“As you were saying?” he questioned.
“ Ah yes, since you have agreed to come and play hero, or failure, your choice, all of you are to come and stay at my palace.”
“ No way!” Markl said as he came bursting in, being a smart boy, he hid behind Sophie after his entrance. After situating himself he continued, “ We like get the fancy rooms, servants, and--and stuff?” The Prince nodded, fairly amused by he young boys enthusiasm.
“ Yes, and I advise you all to start packing very soon for we leave tonight."
" What?” They all asked in unison.
“ Wait, tonight? We just find out and now we have to leave right after?” Howl asked.
“ Yes, I'm afraid that's what must happen.”
“ Oh! Then I must start packing. Howl bring all that you must, Calcifer…Bring what you have… and Markl, just, sit there okay?” Sophie, after saying this, rushed off, pushing Howl and yelling at him to get his butt in gear.
Markl sat down and looked at Heen.
“What do you have to do?” He asked him.
A/N: Im sorry about the shortness of my chapter!
HA HA! Sophie didn't leave! She was kidnapped by the grocery store! Mu ha ha ha ha! I wasn't going to have that much drama since the characters haven't even left the house yet, lol.
It was my birthday...a couple weeks ago...;_;, but my comp was broken. But now I got a new one! And Im fourteen!! XD, Be happy for me!!! I still look ten!! wait...thats not good....