InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl ❯ Kagome/Chad ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Drabbles From A Crossover Fangirl
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating:  T
Genre:
Action/Romance?
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Bleach. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Bleach is owned by Tite Kubo. I only borrow their characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.
============================================================== =============================================================
#8: You Need Me
Pairing: Kagome/Sado (Chad)
Word Count: 728
=================================================================== ========================================================

She had seen it and he had to make sure she was safe. She could see the others and he knew she was special. She knew it was after her and he had to stop it. But why, when it came down to it, was she still trying to protect him? She shoved him out of the way of the attack and she was flung backwards, into the body of Orihime. Both girls stumbled, but she got up first; determined to stop it from hurting everyone else around her. She called it her problem and she wanted to handle that problem alone.

He had refused. He lifted her tiny form into his arms and pulled her away from the chaos, allowing those who were there to skilled in disposing of this particular problem to do their duty. She had kicked him, smacked him, clawed him and had even tried to bite his arm, but there was no way he was letting go of her until the danger had passed.

How was he to know that there would be more than one? How was he to know that what they wanted was the power within the girl in his arms? How was he to know that such a strong power was even within her?

She didn't look like a fighter and she wasn't all too strong physically, so then why would they want her.

"You need me." She whined, her body slumped against his own. "Please, you have to put me down. You have to, or you'll get hurt."

"I won't. I will protect you." He replied calmly, his eyes carefully observing their surroundings. A few more of them appeared, calling for the prey within his arms.

"I appreciate the gesture. Really, I do, but you need to put me down now so I can fight."

"Too dangerous." He stepped back one step as he watched Ichigo and Renji smacked away with little effort. Both shinigami were back to their feet in no time, but there was already one upon them. The girl in his arms showed no fear. She simply closed her eyes.

"Why won't you listen to me? Dammit! I'm not some weak little girl!" She had yelled loud enough to draw the attention of everyone around her. The hollows laughed at her, making her growl out angrily and beat against the man's arm. "Put me down now!"

"No." He answered again and Kagome huffed, but stilled her movements.

"You leave me no choice." Kagome maneuvered herself so her face was close to his and smirked a little when his eyes widened greatly. She had been right. He had been caught off guard when she kissed him and his hold loosened just enough for her to slip away. He came out of his daze quickly and reached for her, but she dodged with a careful leap backwards and grinned, "You just stand there and watch, okay?"

She took care of the first hollow that came at her, her bow of pink, holy energy quickly forming in her small left hand. She pulled back on the string and seconds after the arrow appeared she released it and a huge wave of energy behind it. It cracked through the hollow's mask like it was made of butter and purified the thing from existence. She was already releasing a second arrow before the first one had finished it's purification. One by one the hollows were either purified by the small woman, or defeated by Ichigo and Renji. When all was clear and quiet she refocused her attention on the guy behind her.

"Quincy?" He asked and she shook her head.

"A priestess, far stronger than a Quincy, but one of my skill is just as rare." She stepped closer to him and realized just how tall he was. "How about if I explain it more over an ice cream? I'm hungry from fighting. Your friends can come too, but I'm more interested in you."

"Okay." He nodded once. He wasn't going to protest.

"Oh! A man of few words! I like that!" She laughed, latching onto his arm and leading him away. His friends opted to stay behind, watching with a mixture of confused and amused looks. Orihime giggled at the sight while Ichigo and Renji both shrugged. They'd ask their questions later, for now they deemed it best to give the pair some privacy. It was obvious they were interested in one another.
============================================================== =============================================================
A/N: Ohhoho!! I don't think I've seen this pairing yet! It's not my best work, and I'm likely to try this pairing again later on. For now, just feed me some feedback! That's all I ask.