InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl ❯ Kagome/Hiei ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating: T (Ratings will vary between chapters)
Genre: Romance/Humor
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Yu Yu Hakusho is owned by Yoshihiro Togashi. I just use their characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.

====================================================== ====================================================================
#0 9:
Mental Turmoil
Pairing: Kagome/Hiei
Word Count: 786
=================================================================== ========================================================

It didn't matter how many times he tried to turn her away. She wouldn't go away.

He could call her every name in the book. He could threaten to kill her. But she still refused to go away.

She was stubborn and far too trusting for his liking. It nearly got her killed many times.

Why then was he always there to save her? How he hated that thought. It provoked far to many questions and emotions.

Why was she even going on missions with them in the first place? She was just a below average priestess. Koenma was an idiot.

So why was she here again? Why was she speaking about that night? He hated hearing about that night. That night she nearly died.

Of course, they couldn't have helped her any back then. They hadn't even known her. It wasn't until she returned that they learned of her.

They had been ordered to kill the half-demon following her and bring her to the Reikai for healing.

Oh yeah. He remembered that night clearly. How disgusted he had felt to feel her blood flow over his hands. How disgusted he felt at being forced to carry her.

How pained he had felt at hearing her whimper.

Even then she had stirred up emotions he very rarely showed towards anyone and it had only gotten worse from there.

She befriended the others. Spent time with them, learned about them, laughed with them and became their new teammate.

She was most often sweet and caring, willing to help with anything she could. With him though, she was different.

It was likely his own cold demeanor brought out her temper. Especially when he called her something that wasn't her name.

But she was willing to remind him what it was every time.

Her name was Kagome. Not woman, wench or bitch. It was Kagome. She'd proceed to spell it out for him, which he usually replied to it by calling her stupid.

She wasn't stupid. Far from it actually, but he wouldn't tell her that. He liked seeing her angry. To him, it made her sexy.

Which only caused him more headaches.

He wouldn't deny that she was very beautiful for a human and try as he might, he couldn't help but to be attracted to her.

She was one of the few that knew about his whole past, and still accepted him as he was.

She had said she liked him just the way he was, that she would stand by him no matter what.

One of the purest creatures he had ever met, didn't care about how dark his past was or how evil he had been. She had said everyone has dark secrets, even her.

He doubted that. She hadn't done anything he could deem evil since he met her. He wondered just what it was she could be hiding.

No. He couldn't think like that. Wondering about her dark secrets meant getting closer to her and getting closer to her was something that couldn't happen.

She was too pure for a filthy hybrid such as himself. He wouldn't taint her. He refused to.

But then why was she looking at him like that for? That look that was a mixture of concern and something else. Something he wasn't sure he understood.

Did he want to understand it? Was he even ready to? Almost every fiber in his being screamed no, but that dull ache in his chest cried yes.

He assumed it was his heart that was betraying him.

It was far too late. He couldn't stop it. That silly emotion he loathed so much had wormed its way into his very being and threw him into mental turmoil.

He had fallen in love and with that below average priestess that had been assigned to their team.

He could change that. He wouldn't let her continue to fight unless it was an absolute must.

Yes. He'd do that.

"Woman, let's go."

"Excuse me?" She looked angry again. Yes, he loved that. He'd never deny it now.

"You heard me."

"Where are we going? And my name is Kagome, little firefly." She retorted with that ridiculous nickname again, which fueled the chuckles of their team mates and made him scowl.

"To see Koenma. Now let's go."

She tried to protest, but he hefted her light form over his shoulder.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing! Put me down this instant, Hiei!"

He let her down briefly, giving her a few moments to gather her wits. But as she opened her mouth to speak he kissed her.

That worked effectively. She was quiet when he pulled back and clearly stunned. He'd have to take that approach again if she tried to talk back to him.

But for now, they needed to pay Koenma a visit and this time it was much easier to get her to come along.