InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Laundry ❯ Almost Lover ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Time for some pimping: I'm doing some beta-reading for Sable Scribe. She's got some really good and interesting stories started, so go check her out! ^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own, please don't sue!

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Chapter 8: Almost Lover (Yes, like the song.)
Pairing: Kagome/Gin
Rating: M (my first attempt at a lemon ever x3 yep…full-blown lemony goodness ahead!)
For: Shiori Yume, Slypy, and kamichama12

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Kagome walked silently down the Third Division corridor, all the while glancing over her shoulder to make sure that anyone on patrol duty didn't spot her. This was something that she'd grown accustomed to over the past couple of years.

After being sent to Soul Society upon her death, Kagome had learned of the Shinigami Academy and promptly decided to give her afterlife meaning. She had learned quickly and passed all of her classes with flying colors. Then the Fourth Division had welcomed her with open arms and it was there that she had met him.

From the very moment that she laid eyes on him she had been drawn in. It was like a spell had been cast over her entire being. She had been carrying some old medical charts to be filed away when a flash of white had caught her eye from down the hall. His gait was relaxed but confident as a sleeveless white Captain's haori fluttered behind him. White hair framed a pale, smiling face. That smile…

Kagome was pulled from her thoughts as she arrived at her destination; the door to the Third Division's Captain's Quarters. She didn't want to bother him this late at night, especially with everything that had happened in the last couple of days, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was coming. She'd been having dreams for a while now where she was left completely alone, and she wanted his company for at least the night.

Her knuckles were inches away from gently rapping on his door when a hand reached over her shoulder and grabbed her wrist while another slender finger pressed to her lips. She was startled at first, but instantly melted back into a lean chest when his presence began to wrap around her. Lidded and slightly glazed eyes drifted to the hand still holding her wrist. The hand was much larger than hers, but the fingers were long and thin while the pale skin covering them seemed to glow in the moonlight streaming in through the hallway windows.

“Why're you here, Kagome?” A smooth voice asked. “You should know that these are dangerous times t'be sneaking around alone at night.”

As Kagome turned around to face her captor, she saw that fake smile that he gave everyone else fade into something softer. As the tall Captain's red eyes opened a little more, his smile faded into a small grin, but it was real. These were the only times that she ever saw him allow his real emotions to play on his face—the times that they were together.

“Gin,” she breathed softly as she moved to embrace him. She knew what some of the others said about him. She knew what they thought. “He can't be trusted,” She would hear them whisper. But she knew better. None of them knew him like she did.

But it was because of what the others said that he had insisted that they keep their relationship a secret. He said that he never wanted her to become a victim of gossip or suspect.

It was hard to say what had drawn the two to each other, but it had taken both by surprise. They couldn't be seen in public together and their moments in private were often short-lived, but their souls quieted in the other's presence and both felt loved. It would have been hard to explain, but luckily neither ever had cause to.

Gin stroked the small woman's hair tenderly before sliding the door to his room open and ushering her inside. He placed his sword on a nearby table and turned to his secret lover. “You shouldn't be alone when we have dangerous intruders,” he reprimanded softly. He had never planned on being in a relationship like this when Aizen's plans started coming to their first head. But Kagome was part of his life now and he wouldn't allow her to be harmed.

“Gin…something bad is coming. I can feel it,” she said as she placed a hand over her heart for emphasis.

“And you will rise t'meet it as always,” he reassured. He wasn't going to tell her that when that time came it was likely that she would have to raise her sword to him.

“But—” she started only to be cut off.

“You can't change whatever's gonna happen,” he told her.

Kagome was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. “But my dreams,” she spoke softly. “What if what's happening takes you away?”

Her words caught him off guard. He didn't want to lie to her, but he couldn't tell her the truth either. Releasing a sigh he told her, “Then we'll have to make what we have now count.”

When he didn't immediately reassure her that everything was going to be okay, tears began to gather in the corners of Kagome's eyes. Her stomach twisted and her heart ached at the thought of losing him. But she was brought back to the moment when calloused fingers brushed the moisture away from her eyes and warm lips met hers.

She automatically wrapped her arms around his neck and poured everything that she was feeling into their kiss; fear, longing, desperation, and love.

Gin led them back to his bed and sat down, pulling Kagome into his lap. With his left hand on her back, he brought his right up to rake through her thick hair that was such a contrast to his own white locks. When he felt his and graze the neck of her shinigami uniform he pulled his fingers from the dark mass and ghosted his fingertips across the skin of her throat. He smirked against her mouth when he felt her shudder lightly.

Prompting her to tilt her head back, he allowed his lips to follow the trails that his fingers had previously laid out and was rewarded with hearing her moan his name softly.

In a bolder move, he lifted his left hand to join the right and pushed the regulation haori from her shoulders as his lips moved on to nibble at her collarbone. Small hands came up to tangle in his hair and he felt her kiss his forehead. The act caused him to raise his head and catch her gaze. Hazy blue eyes looked at him with such love and faith that it made his throat tighten with a sick feeling settling in his stomach.

Could he really leave her now?

Or the more important question: could he really betray Aizen?

Gin sighed as he buried his face against the soft skin between her neck and shoulder.

Kagome felt her lover's hands trail down from her shoulders to rest around her waist. “Gin?” She questioned softly.

“I can't…” He mumbled to himself leaving Kagome thoroughly confused.

“What are you talking about? Are you feeling alright?” Concern laced her voice making him feel all the worse.

“You should go back to your room for the night,” he answered lifting his face and bringing a hand to stroke her cheek.

Kagome's eyes hardened momentarily. “No. I don't want to be alone tonight,” she told him as she wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders. “I'm afraid that if I'm not with you, you won't be there anymore once I wake up.” She knew it was a little selfish, but she'd been left too many times when she was alive.

Gin could feel Kagome's fears and insecurities in the way she clung to him, her fingers twisting in his clothes and her arms anchoring themselves around his neck. Sighing once more, he pulled her away from him and began kissing her once more as he pushed her to her back. His hair grazed her forehead when he broke their kiss. “Okay,” he said with a small, sad grin. He never could tell her `no.'

His attentions returned to her neck as his hands roamed the flesh left bare from his earlier actions. Smooth skin covered lean muscle on most of her body, but he adored the softness of her curves. Long fingers brushed against the soft fabric covering her breasts and deftly unlatched the small hooks keeping the bra in place. Urging her to pull her arms free, the small article of clothing was tossed to another part of the room.

He sat back to admire his work so far; her skin had been tinted pink as her body became hot also causing her chest to heave slightly with small pants. Glossy eyes stared back at him pleadingly to continue and he could feel the predator in him start to emerge.

Gin quickly shrugged out of his Captain's haori and it was quickly discarded in the floor followed by the top half of his uniform. He smirked as his ego soared when delicate hands reached out to touch him. He watched as Kagome sat up with him still straddling her legs so that she could trace and run her hands along the planes of his chest and arms. While he was thin compared to many other shinigami, his body was well defined. And it drove him mad watching the lust swim in Kagome's eyes before her pink tongue came out to play with his nipple causing him to groan.

When he felt impatient hands begin tugging at the ties to his hakamas, he remembered that this could very well be their last time together. That just meant that he would have to make it count.

Pushing the small woman back to the bed, Gin returned Kagome's gesture in kind. He drew one rosy bud into his mouth as a hand began to knead the neglected breast. Kagome began to writhe beneath him as his ministrations continued and her hands once more tangled in his hair. He chuckled deeply as her back arched her up into him with some well placed pressure against her core using his thigh.

He left his leg there and let her continue to both relieve and build her tortured pleasure by grinding against him. He was content to continue lavishing her chest until he felt her hands draw away from his hair and start on a path further south. She had trouble with his pants but eventually gave up and settled for teasing him through the fabric instead.

A deep moan escaped his throat at the feel of her hands stroking him but not touching him. He gave her nipple a quick nip and her actions quickly ended as she released a startled gasp. He was beside her face in an instant pressing his fingers against her lips as she gave a small whimper. “Shh,” he reminded. “There are ears patrolling the halls.” With her nod his fingers left her lips and trailed down her throat to her chest, into the dip of her small waist, and landed on the ties keeping her hakamas in place.

The material of the pants, and her panties as well, were shucked from her long legs before she knew what had happened causing her to shiver in both cold and anticipation. “Gin,” she whispered biting her lower lip gently.

Gin admired the body laid out before him. She was as beautiful as she had always been. Lightly tanned skin and ebony hair caught the attention of many men, but he knew that they would never be given access to the recesses of her heart. That was where he resided and he wasn't looking to share.

“Kagome,” he whispered into her ear as he leaned down to hover over her. They could both be a little rough at times, but if this would be their last time Gin wanted to show her how much she truly meant to him. Balancing his weight on one arm, he easily reached down to untie his hakamas and smoothly kicked them off. He almost hissed when her small hands found what they'd been looking for earlier.

He kissed her and received a muffled groan when he began reciprocating by pushing two of his long digits into her to make sure that she was ready for him. Kagome rose to meet his hand as he continued to pump in and out for a few moments, relishing in the warm and slick feeling.

As he positioned himself between her toned legs, Gin broke the kiss and watched Kagome's face. Propping one arm by her head and using the other arm to bring her left leg up to hook beside his hip, he slowly eased into his personal paradise. She was hot and her body always seemed to form to fit him perfectly.

He watched as Kagome's eyes closed and her head tilted back in bliss. He kissed her exposed throat and began a slow rhythm of long thrusts. His lips felt the vibrations in her throat as she let a few tiny mewls slip out. They never spoke the word `love' aloud to each other, but when they were together they were able to communicate the feeling clearly with their bodies.

He continued at the same pace for a while feeling the friction between their bodies lessen as each began to sweat. Then Kagome began thrusting her hips to meet his more forcefully and he instinctively sped up.

With her hair beginning to stick to her face and shoulders, Gin caught Kagome's gaze and red held blue as their breathing became heavy and labored. It wasn't long before he felt his climax swiftly approaching, but he knew that Kagome was close as well. Her hands squeezed his arms as her lean legs wrapped around his waist and pulled him deeper into her body.

“G-Gin,” she whimpered as she tried to remain quiet and not alert any who may have been near the room.

When her walls began tightening around his length, Gin crashed his mouth down to Kagome's to stifle her loud moan as they both lost themselves in oblivion.

As they slowly came down from the residual orgasmic high, Gin continued to hold her in his arms. Once he pulled out of her heat and settled beside her, Kagome snuggled deep into his embrace and released a tired yet contented sigh. It was quite late in the evening and they had just expended a great deal of energy. So, stroking her hair once more, Gin waited for her to fall asleep before he stood and began to dress again.

After gathering her clothes and tucking them under his arm, he wrapped her in the sheet from the bed so that she would be warm and lifted her into his arms. He looked into the hall and when he was sure that nobody was around, he flash-stepped to Kagome's division and quickly entered her room.

She'd once gone on and on about several large pillows that were used to sleep on that she'd seen in a store one day, but hadn't had the money to buy. He'd immediately bought them (anonymously, of course), and they now decorated her room in a splash of blue.

He settled her into their soft depths before making his way to her desk to borrow her ink set and some paper. It was with a heavy heart that he wrote out his words. But it was with a thoroughly shattered heart that he left her almost two hours later with nothing more than a letter, a rose from a nearby vase, a stroke to her cheek, and a gentle kiss.

It was in his letter that she would find his final goodbye and his only open confession of love.

When he saw Aizen within the offices of the Central Forty-six hours later, the brunette gave him a measuring look. “Are you still committed to the plan?”

Gin looked at him with his normal overly-friendly smile back in place. “Of course, Captain. I'm here, aren't I?”

Aizen leveled him with one last doubting look before dismissing him, “Then you should be going, shouldn't you? They'll be escorting Rukia Kuchiki from her cell to Sokyoku Hill soon.”

Gin left to play out his role in his Captain's plan all the while praying that Kagome slept long enough to be spared his betrayal for a few hours longer than the rest.

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

AN: Okay, that was the very first lemon I ever wrote and didn't wimp out on halfway through xD So please be gentle in your critiques ^_^ I wanted to explore a side of Gin that I think he hides from his comrades. Sorry if it seems like the tone changes here or there. I listen to music when I write and while I was mainly listening to a repeated track of Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy, some SR-71 got slipped in there >.> Oh! I also did a piece of fanart to accompany this story! It's posted on my deviantArt page which is linked as the “homepage” link on my profile.

Up next in out line-up we have: Kenpachi! Thank you for your reviews and I hope you enjoyed this installment! Until next time!!