InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reality and Truth ❯ Caught ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone!! Sorry it took so long!! My internet's been down lately and I wasn't able to update any sooner.
 
I'm glad you guys really likethis!! It's different for me and kind of difficult trying to figure everything out, and also trying to find out a way to get Tony and Kagome together lol, but I'm managing.
 
Oh! And thanks for all the reviews, alerts, and favorites!! They mean a lot to me and keep my inspiration running. I wouldn't be able to do this without you guys!!
 
Read, Review, ENJOY!!
 
Edit- Credit for grammar and spelling check neverforget-3-1-07. Yep, she's meh beta, and I love her for it!! ^^ Thank you so much for helping out!!!!
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC's that happen to pop up! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Reality and Truth—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
Gibbs smirked at her, his ice blue eyes glinting slyly. “She said she's the best at tracking…” he turned back to the elevator, and he shrugged carelessly. “…let's see what she can do…”
At that, the other three shared an uncertain glance.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Caught—
This Time;
--With Kagome—
As soon as the doors closed, Kagome relaxed and sighed. She rubbed her temples; this was not good.
What the hell was a demon doing in the States murdering marines? And how in the hell did she not find out about it sooner?!
She muttered incoherently about stupid, unreliable informants… they were supposed to mention this kind of `little' detail whenever it happened!
After the feudal era, the low level demons started to die off; only the strongest survived and decided to blend in with the humans; survival of the fittest and all.
After that they had all laid low, not daring to risk exposure when the consequences were being on the receiving end of the advanced technology human's were in possession nowadays. Guns, bombs, nuclear weapons… the list goes on…
With that known, it was common knowledge that demons stuck to the deep country areas if they do happen to go on a killer spree.
And that's where she came in…
She was telling the truth when she said she didn't work for any official agency… she worked for an underground one.
… But they didn't need to know that…
The thought of her agency made her hand reach up and touch the crescent moon on the base of her neck unconsciously.
To naïve and uninformed eyes the little tattoo was just that… a little tattoo; nothing very significant.
But to others who were more acquainted, it meant much, much more, and revealed a high amount of Intel…
… Her agency, her rank, her job, who and what she was….
The crescent mark itself represented her agency.
No one outside the agency knew what the name was so they called its members the `watchers' or just `them' because that's just what they did.
They monitored the actions of demons, looking out for mass killings, rebellion groups, or anything that could either endanger the secret of demons or cause an overthrow of power.
There were two reasons why the agency's real name was low key…
Its existence was high lined top secret and if word leaked out to humans there would obviously be chaos
And truth be told, just for that reason there was no official name for the agency… what better way could an agency stay so secret if there wasn't an actual name to it?
Word couldn't get out if no one knew what they were called.
So the tattoo was the only indication a demon could tell if a person was from the agency.
Now, the location of the tattoo was very significant as well; just a glance at Kagome's tattoo would most demons shake in fear.
Once they actually take notice of the location they would flee with their tail tucked in between their legs, pissing their pants all the way.
It meant her ranking in the agency which was second in command or in other words of pack definition. The temporary Alpha female until the Alpha male chose a mate.
And said Alpha male was Lord Sesshomaru of the Western lands.
The reason for her position? Simple, it was because they were very close allies.
Of course, Kagome liked to call Sesshomaru a close friend but he would always declare that the Lord of the West had no friends, neither human nor demon.
And Kagome would always respond by saying he was in denial and grinned when he didn't retort back.
Anyways, the tattoo was specially made with a mixture of Sesshomaru's poison to ensure it was genuine.
And only she had the tattoo on the base of her neck, while others had it on their arms, wrists, handles, ankles, and other body locations.
And seeing as she was the only one that had the tattoo one her neck it was also known by anyone who knew of the agency that she was a miko…
… The `Shikon Miko' from the defeat of the sadistic hanyou Naraku from 500 hundreds years ago…
And that really, really made demons cower and plead for mercy, thinking she was immortal since she looked like she had aged only nine years when it's been at least 509 since the half-demon's defeat.
But back to the situation at hand
During these times it was considered retarded to kill multiple people in big cities like D.C; it would be all over the news and demons could be exposed… it would be like a witch hunt.
So who would be stupid enough to actually do something like that?
There weren't many really…
Kagome narrowed her eyes in thought. So it was either a demon that was lost in rage, or there was an ulterior motive to all of this…
She sincerely hoped it wasn't the latter…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
“So we're just going to wait?”
The hesitant question came from none other than McGee.
His answer was a standard `Gibbs' stare and a head slap. “'Course not McGee… we're not the FBI here, we don't just sit on our asses.”
Ziva stared at Gibbs long and hard, her chocolate eyes sharp. “We are going to stalk her then.” It wasn't a question.
“Tail, not stalk.” Tony just couldn't resist, and he only grinned at his partner's glare.
“It is the same thing.” She snapped. She wasn't in the mood for his teases.
Gibbs turned slowly to face her, eyebrow raised. “Do you have a problem with that, Officer David?”
Ziva only shook her head, mumbling sardonically. “It is not as if I have a choice…”
Gibbs heard her though. “Damn straight you don't.”
Blue-green eyes widened suddenly as Tony realized something. “So we're just going to let her confront the killer?! By herself?!?” he exclaimed in alarmed disbelief.
Gibbs only shrugged. “I don't see the problem in that…”
Tony stare became incredulous. “You're not serious are you?! You're letting her, and only her, go confront a dangerous serial killer?! You're sending her to be the sixth victim!” His forehead was creased in worry, sure he didn't get off to a great start with the woman, but it didn't mean he wanted her to go off and possibly get killed!
McGee agreed. “Boss, Tony's right. She's just one person, and she's so tiny. How can she actually hold up against the killer?” His innocent eyes held confusion in them.
Gibbs narrowed his eyes at his agents, not liking how they were teaming up against him. “She can handle herself… she said she was trained and she even saved Ziva. Don't underestimate her.”
McGee stuck his neck out to comment. “But you shouldn't overestimate her either…” He mentally grimaced as he waited for it…
…he flinched as his boss gave him a sharp stare.
Tony shook his head, giving Gibbs a skeptical look. “You don't even know her, how can you be so sure?”
It was then that Gibbs gave his famous smirk. “Well, then I guess it's a good thing you and David will be following her and bringing her in when she does something suspicious that could indicate that she's lying.”
Ziva's jaw clenched, but the action went unnoticed by her team. “Right…” her voice was tight.
Tony just looked shocked, standing speechless as he gaped at his boss.
They just knew this was not going to go pretty…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Twisting the key and turning the handle, Kagome pushed open the door to her temporary home; a hotel room.
Tossing her bag onto the couch Kagome plopped down and just sat there, relaxing for a moment.
She needed to track down this demon before Ziva and her team dug any further and discover the truth…
Or worse…
… Get killed…
It was obvious that they didn't know what they were dealing with and they wouldn't be able to handle the demon if by some chance they did manage to run in whoever the killer was.
They weren't trained for this, sure they were more skilled that the average human, but demons were faster, stronger, and this one obviously had no conscious.
She needed this to go off without a hitch and fast.
“… I'm gonna have to call in some back up…” she muttered to no one.
Slipping her hand into her pocket she pulled out her cell and dialed a number.
Humming as it ranged, a smile broke out when she heard a cheery voice answer. “Konnichiwa!” she chirped happily, blue eyes sparkling cheerfully.
The other person on the other line murmured something inaudibly.
Kagome then got serious. “Well, you know how I flew over to the States?” she paused, listening to the person reply.
“That's the thing… something unexpected came up and I want you to fly over to D.C.. I'm going to need your kind of help…”
More murmuring escaped from the cell and Kagome returned to her earlier pleasant mood. “Okay… I'll see you soon! I'll get things ready in the meantime! Ja ne!” she grinned elatedly.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Ziva and Tony walked out of NCIS HQ with their gear ready.
As they made their way to their car, Tony looked over at his partner. “So do you know where we're going? Did Kagome tell you where she's staying?”
Ziva shook her head in a negative, her mouth in a tight grimace. “No, McGee had to trace Kagome's cellular phone and he gave me the hotel she is staying at.” It was obvious that tracing her friend's phone didn't sit well with her.
Tony noticed. He placed a comforting arm around her shoulders, and Ziva tensed slightly at the unfamiliar physical contact. “Don't worry `bout it Ziva… your friend probably doesn't know anything and she won't ever find out about this…”
Ziva relaxed as she knew he was just comforting her, but she still looked unsure. “But Gibbs' gut is almost always right... what if he is right this time as well?”
Tony gave a slight squeeze and grinned playfully. “Ah ha! You see! You said almost! Gibbs isn't always right you know!” He laughed. “That would make Abby right about him having `super powers', and that's just ridiculous… There's no such thing as abnormal abilities…” He snorted. “Supernaturalism… what a joke…”
Ziva smirked. “True… those types of things only happen in those silly movies of yours.”
Tony smirked back, letting the `silly movies of yours' comment slide, until it was replaced by a grimace at Ziva's next comment.
“I am driving.” And her hand whipped to his pockets and snatched out the keys.
She giggled lightly at his expression, eyes glittering with mirth.
“Do not worry Tony…” Ziva cooed. “It will not be too bad…”
Tony shut his eyes. He could already feel his stomach lurching.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Everything was set when it came to be midnight that same day.
Kagome, clad in dark wash jeans, a dark green tank, a black sweatshirt and dark navy sneakers, walked out of her bedroom in her hotel room. Going over to her newly packed bag she grabbed it.
Looking in her backpack, she checked for everything she needed. Once satisfied, she slung it on and walked out of the door, the lock clicking on it as she made her exit.
--
Tony and Ziva were bored… scratch that… make it tired and bored…
They hated stakeouts, especially since most of them were unproductive and this one was one of many.
Ziva shot up suddenly, and her eyes flashed in confusion and hurt, before they became emotionless.
Kagome, dressed in all dark clothing, was striding into the parking lot… in the middle of the night.
If that wasn't suspicious, she didn't know what was…
`Gibbs might be right…' she thought glumly.
Nudging Tony, she caught his attention and she pointed over to Kagome. “Look…” she hissed quietly.
His eyes scanned over the area she was pointing over, and he straightened up almost immediately.
He looked over to Ziva with a sympathetic gaze. “Hey…” he whispered.
She looked at Tony.
“Gibbs still might not be right… she might be doing something completely different then we think…”
Ziva nodded. “I guess we will just have to follow and wait to find out, yes?”
“Yea…” he murmured.
Ziva slid the car keys into the ignition, but paused to turn it.
They watched as Kagome made a beeline to the end of the parking lot, where a sleek, all black motorcycle laid in wait.
Tony's eyes were wide as he watched the small woman grab glasses and black leather gloves and put them on before swinging a leg over the motorcycle and straddle it.
She backed it up and started it, and even from their place in their car, he could hear the soft purr of the engine as it was started.
To be truthful, he wasn't overly fond of motorcycles, instead favoring cars, specifically fast ones, but he appreciated the sounds of a good motorcycle like any other guy would.
As Kagome pulled out, Tony was knocked back to reality as Ziva turned off the car and followed the mysterious Asian woman to her destination.
--
Kagome rode along the streets of DC, the tendrils of her hair whipping in the wind as it blew against her face; it reminded her of riding on Inuyasha's back in the feudal era, the main reason why she got it.
She loved the feel of wind blowing against her, the tendrils of her hair whipping wildly against it.
It was a poor substitute, but it was the best thing she can get… the modern age isn't exactly the best place to go around on a demon's back as they leap through the air like some alien.
She spread out her miko ki, searching for any evil demonic presence.
There wasn't many, some had lower evil intent than others, but the one she was looking for had to have much more.
As she reached an intersection, she felt it. A demonic aura with a huge amount of ill intent.
She curved sharply to the left, and drove on until she reached her destination.
An alley.
--
Ziva followed Kagome stealthily as she weaved through the roads, making sure not to keep too close or stray too far.
When they reached the intersection, Ziva's eyes widened as Kagome made a sharp right turn.
She had to slow down considerably to make the turn, she didn't want the car to make a squealing sound and alert Kagome she had company.
She followed her friend to the alley, slowing to a stop as she observed as Kagome turned into the alley.
It was close to the one where the first two victims were discovered, the other ones were nearby here, not necessarily in the allies but pretty close to them.
Ziva twisted the ignition to off and waited, before she took out the keys and reached for the door handle.
“Wait, I'll go.” Tony's voice made her pause and her head swung to him to stare as if he was crazy.
“Repeat that… I think I misheard you…” Ziva's eyes were narrowed.
Tony rolled his own eyes. “Relax, and just stay here. I'll go see if something's up… if not then she doesn't need to know you're here… if so then we'll take her in. It'll go down smoothly.” He grinned. “Don't you trust me?”
Ziva feigned a skeptical look. “You are kidding me, yes?” She hid a smirk.
Tony in return gave her a mock hurt face. “Gee Ziva, we've been partners for two years… I thought you would trust me even the littlest bit by now…” He wiped a fake tear off his cheek.
Ziva snickered and slapped his arm in a friendly manner. “Oh just go you buffoon…”
Tony only grinned as he got out of the car and strode over to the alley; his hand was inching to his gun in precaution as he inched over to the corner.
Peeking around, he saw Kagome crouched down, her bag on the ground to her right, opened. Her head was faced down as she fiddled with something.
His eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, and he wondered what she was doing.
--
As soon as Kagome made it into the alley she paused and looked around for the perfect place.
A smile spread across her face as she spotted a dumpster against the wall. By the ground there was a small crevice in the wall, big enough for what she had planned.
She walked over to it and dropped her bag to the ground next to her, letting it down carefully so it made no sound. She opened it and pulled out a small, metal boxy object; a camera.
It was compact and black, and she flipped it over to flick the on switch before slipping it into the crevice.
Going back to her bag she took out a pre-made sutra and laid it on the ground, in front of the camera.
It was to hide the energy from the barrier, she was going to make, to hide the camera, so that neither demon nor human will see or sense it. It also kept the barrier up even when she is unconscious. Focusing her miko ki, she formed a small invisibility barrier around the camera.
She brought six compact cameras with her, and she was going to set them around the alleys to monitor the activity and patterns the demon made.
She nodded, admiring her handy work and making sure everything was right.
Closing up her bag, she rose and slung it across her shoulders, continuing on her way and focusing on the close demonic aura, oblivious to the follower she had.
--
As Tony watched Kagome walk away he stepped closer and closer. Once he reached the spot where Kagome was previously crouching, he spared a glance over to the woman, before deciding to check it out.
He stepped closer to the wall and crouched a little, looking into the crevice in the wall.
But there was nothing there.
His eyes narrowed in suspicion, but he didn't dwell on it long as he remembered the task on hand; following Kagome.
He got back up and continued to follow silently.
--
Kagome came to the corner and peered around, making sure to cover her aura and scent. Her eyes studied the creature in front of her critically.
It was slinking through the alley, probably looking out for his next victim.
She studied it carefully, mentally noting any details she could pick up.
It was wearing modern, every day clothes, but they looked a little scuffed. He was carrying nothing else on him.
She could see its sharp claws as clear as day, and she had little doubt that this demon had some fangs set in its mouth.
She closed her eyes and focused on its aura, her eyebrows furrowing as she detected something off with it.
She felt the aura slip away before she could determine exactly what as it moved farther from her, turning a corner.
She opened her eyes and went to follow it so she could determine what kind of demon it was, but a faint sound stopped her in her tracks.
Crrrrunch
--
Tony slowly made his way over to her in silence, being careful with each step he took.
Seeing Kagome stop at the corner of an alley intersection, he paused and waited.
He waited for a while, and upon seeing that she was about to move he took a step forward.
Big mistake.
His foot stepped down on a chunk of glass from a broken bottle, making a big crunching sound.
Crunchhh
He froze and Tony clenched his eyes and mentally cursed himself for his carelessness.
It wasn't very loud but he wasn't sure if Kagome heard it. Deciding to reveal himself he stepped closer and crossed his arms. “Well, well… what do we have here?”
Kagome jumped up and whipped around to stare at the intruder. Her eyes widened as she recognized the person to be one of the men she met earlier today, Ziva's partner. “DiNozzo?!? What the hell are you doing here?!”
She cursed heavily in her mind at his sudden appearance… he messed up her chance to gather more information on the demon! She didn't even get to figure out what kind it was yet or finish setting up the cameras!!
Tony smirked and shoved his fists in his pockets. He walked over, closer to her, his form relaxed. “Funny, I could ask you the same thing…”
Kagome narrowed her eyes at him. “What do you want?” She demanded hotly.
He grinned at her playfully. “What? I can't say hi? See how you are and what's happening?”
Kagome looked at him flatly. “I just met you today… we aren't the best of buddies.”
Tons eyes sparkled mischievously “So? That makes it all the better! We can get to know each other…” His tone was suggestive.
Kagome rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Let me add the fact that it's past midnight…”
Tony raised an eyebrow at her. “Well what about you…? I should be asking what you're doing around here… in an alley… past midnight… need I say more?”
Kagome pursed her lips, and smiled wryly. “You do make a valid point… but it doesn't mean I'll tell you.” Her tone sound half teasing, but half serious.
She continued on. “So what do you want, seriously?”
Tony's joking air faded and he became serious, and had the decency to at least look apologetic. “I'm here to take you in for questioning…”
Kagome tensed. “For what?” she asked crossly.
Tony lied. “Boss' orders… he just told me to grab you and take you in…” He looked away from her and studied their surroundings.
Kagome frowned. “And if I don't…?”
The grimace on his face told her all she needed to know… he was going to take her in whether she wanted to or not.
Tony looked up at Kagome. “Well, let's get going Higurashi, Gibbs is waiting.”
Kagome suddenly narrowed her eyes. She didn't like being told what to do. “Who does he think he is to demand me to go for questioning at this time? What exactly did I do?”
Tony only shrugged, again lying effortlessly. “As if I know… I only work for the man, I'm not a mind reader ya know. Hell, from my experience, I don't think he's all there in the head if you catch my drift…” he gave her a charming smile.
The ends of Kagome's lips quirked downwards and her eyes flashed. She wasn't fooled that easily. “You're lying.” She told him bluntly.
Tony attempted to protest but she cut him off.
“You know what? Whatever... let's just get this over with… I'll meet you there; I'm not leaving my motorcycle around here.” She stomped past him, her temper flaring.
Tony blinked and slowly shrugged, following her. “Whatever you want…” he muttered to himself.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--NCIS HQ; Behind the Interrogation Room Glass--
Gibbs, Ziva, and Tony were all gathered in the observation room watching Kagome as she just sat on the other side of the glass.
It was standard routine to make those to be questioned wait a little.
And it was obvious by the miffed look on Kagome's face that she wasn't too happy about it.
Gibbs looked thoughtful for a moment as he studied Kagome perceptively through the glass and a tiny sly smirk made its way on his face. Mentally chuckling, he turned and gave Tony a look. “DiNozzo.”
Tony stood straight and his head snapped to Gibbs. “Yes Boss?” He answered quickly.
His smirk grew, and he jerked his head to the interrogation room. “You're it. Go find out some answers.”
Tony blinked in shock, and Ziva narrowed her eyes. What exactly was Gibbs planning?
Gibbs' smirk faded a little he raised an eyebrow at DiNozzo. “What are ya waitin' for DiNozzo? A written invitation? Get your ass in there, or I'll get McGee it do it for ya.”
That shook Tony out of his shock and he practically ran out of there, nodding his head jerkily. “Going boss.”
A chuckle slipped out of the older man's mouth and Ziva shot him a strange look. “What exactly are you planning Gibbs?”
His smirk came back full force but he shook his head innocently. Staring back into the interrogation room he watched as Tony entered, his posture relaxed and laid back. “Nothing Ziva, just enjoying the show…” with that he took a nice sip of his hot coffee.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
As soon as she heard the doors open her gaze whipped to the person entering the room. She snapped. “I really should kick you're ass right here and now! I was doing something before you so rudely interrupted and you people have the gall to make me wait here doing nothing for half an hour!”
DiNozzo smirked at her and clicked his tongue. “Tsk tsk honey, I'm a federal agent and you are a non-citizen visiting the country; you kick my ass, I can put some pretty little handcuffs on those wrists of yours.”
Kagome sent him a disgusted look. “You would like that wouldn't you?”
Tony blinked at the comment before he gaped at her… apparently he didn't even mean it like that.
He almost slapped his forehead… why didn't he mean it like that?!?
Kagome snickered mentally but rolled her eyes instead. “You're so childish…” she muttered incoherently.
Tony's eyes shot up to look at her. “What was that?”
Kagome glanced at him, and smiled sweetly. “Nothing…”
Tony studied her, and gave a sarcastic. “Sure…”
Kagome narrowed her eyes. “What were you doing there?” She leaned closer. “Stalking me?” she bit out dangerously. “Isn't that against the law or something…? Should I file for harassment and a restraining order…?”
The dark look in her eyes intimidated him, but he wasn't going to let her know that. He leaned closer as well. “Aren't you the one being interrogated? Shouldn't I be asking the questions?”
Kagome stared at her silently, before she leaned back suddenly and snorted. “Deal with it.” She spat at him.
Tony narrowed his eyes at her. “No need to get nasty.” He shot back.
Kagome scoffed. “Oh yea? Well I don't take kind to people stalking me… isn't one of my favorite things you know.” She retorted hotly.
Tony rolled his eyes. “Oh get over it.”
Kagome twitched and she gripped the table roughly… he didn't know how much she just wanted to stick him.
Tony smirked… he was getting on her nerves. “You know… you're not nearly as nice as Ziva put you out to be.”
Kagome raised an eyebrow at him. “Ha! Ever wonder that maybe it's not because me but `cause of present company?”
Kagome's eyes narrowed suddenly. “Speaking of Ziva, where is she exactly?”
Tony tensed a little and didn't answer.
At his sudden silence, Kagome leaned closer, a frown on her face. “Is she behind there?” she gestured towards to the glass behind Tony.
When Tony didn't answer Kagome knew the answer. Her frown deepened. “She is, isn't she.” It wasn't a question. She looked at the glass with an intense stare. “And she helped you trail me as well, right?”
Behind the glass, Ziva looked away in guilt.
Tony defended Ziva. “She didn't want this to happen, she tried to stop it.”
Kagome's blue eyes glided over to face his, curious. She mentally smiled at his defense of his partner. “I believe you, she is a loyal friend. But it explains how you even found me in the first place… I didn't say where I was staying so you guys traced my cell… and Ziva's the only one here that knows my number.”
She smiled at him, a true one. “With Gibbs, from what I can tell, she probably had no choice… and I'm not angry at her… it's you I'm mad at for showing up at the worst time.” Her smile then turned to a scowl.
Tony glared at her. “So what were you doing?” he asked loftily. “Tracking the killer perhaps?”
She ignored him and crossed her arms as she sat back, looking away to stare at another part of the room. “I know what you're here for… interrogating me and trying to break me… but news flash! It's not going to work.”
Tony cocked his head curiously “And why not?” he ventured.
Kagome's gaze slid over to him, a lifelessness to them that surprised him greatly. “Because,” she muttered lowly, darkly. “I've been through hell and back and you're nothing compared to that…” And she looked away.
Tony leaned back and studied her, curiosity and realization coursing through him. He had an idea of what she meant… torture… he just wondered why anyone would do such a thing to her… what she'd known or did to receive such a thing.
He felt sorry for her though… her experience obviously affected her a great deal…
Even though he was far from the truth…
A voice cut him off from his thoughts.
“You know… staring at someone like that is kinda creepy… so can you, oh I don't know… stop?” sarcasm was laced in her tone.
But it was hard to feel sorry for her when she acted like that.
Tony narrowed his eyes. “I was thinking.” He retorted.
Kagome snorted. “Wow, well then you think pretty creepily… you should change habits… your girlfriend might not like it.”
Tony twitched slightly. And it was really hard not to jump over the table and just choke her… “I don't have a girlfriend.”
Kagome raised an eyebrow. “Really? I'm surprised...”
Tony puffed his chest in pride.
“You seem like the kind of guy who was a player and always had at least one girl with you.”
Until she said that.
Tony growled. “We're not here to discuss my personal life.”
Kagome just grinned. “Why not? It's more interesting that all these questions.” She laughed.
Tony frowned and he slammed the folder onto the table. “You think this is funny?!” he ripped the folder open and the pictures of the dead marines splayed across the table from the force.
Photos of them on the slabs, their cuts and mangled body parts, the blood and gore, the lifeless eyes…
Kagome's good mood disappeared in a flash and her eyes narrowed as they roved across all the pictures. She turned on Tony. “What?” she bit out coldly. “You think I have something to do with that?”
Tony just shrugged. “Do you?”
Kagome banged a fist on the table, the ringing sound echoing in the quaint room. They stared each other down before a dark, dangerous whisper escaped Kagome's mouth. “You better watch yourself DiNozzo. You're treading on thin ice.”
Tony smirked at her. He was getting her riled up… maybe some answers will slip out. “Am I really?” he asked offhandedly. “Or am I just getting closer to the truth?”
Kagome glared at the male across from her with such a cold intensity that almost made him shiver. Almost. “No, you're a million miles away from the truth… you don't know anything about what you're dealing with so stop thinking you actually do! I would never touch an innocent person… let alone kill them!” she gritted out.
She sneered at him. “Besides, I wasn't even here when the murders happened. It's kinda hard to kill someone when you're on a different continent with a whole ocean in between.”
Tony shrugged, raising his eyebrow in a cocky manner. “So? That just tells me you could have hired someone. Either way you know something… more then you're letting on.”
Kagome snorted and snapped. “Oh yes I planned this whole thing out. Even to the point where I knew Ziva would call me. I'm that much of a mastermind. Satan would be so proud…” You couldn't miss the sarcasm even a mile away.
Tony just stared at her, a little surprised at the outburst… but not really. He kind of expected that kind of reaction from a fiery tempered woman like the one in front of him.
Kagome breathed in deeply, and let out a claming breath, and turned now simmering eyes to the other person in the room. “I'm done answering your questions. It's obvious to me that you're not taking me in so I don't see the point in staying if you're just going to wrongly accuse me.” She pushed back her chair and stood.
Tony's eyes widened and he jumped up. He wasn't done yet! “You can't leave yet!” he exclaimed.
Kagome looked at him with raised eyebrows. “And why not? Are you arresting me?”
Trying to buy some time Tony fibbed. “What if I am?”
Kagome's eyes quickly narrowed. “On what charges?” she demanded shortly.
Tony didn't say anything.
Kagome snorted. “That's right, you aren't… and so, Sayonara.”
Behind the glass Gibbs narrowed his eyes and his grip on his coffee tightened considerably.
Ziva eyed him warily.
She turned to leave, and she opened the door. She looked back at the shocked DiNozzo. “Oh, and DiNozzo? I'd watch your step if I were you… if you get too deep into this someone could get hurt, so let the professionals take care of this.” Kagome's eyes flashed in concern at the mere thought… she didn't want anyone else to get hurt.
Tony was about to say something when he heard door slam. Kagome froze at the sound.
When she turned back forward she saw Gibbs directly in front of her. She raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?”
Gibbs stared down at her coldly. Kagome tensed. “Sit down.” He ordered her.
Kagome's eyes narrowed. “I'm sorry, repeat that? I just thought, that after I announced I was leaving, you told me to sit back down… but like I said I'm done here. You can't hold me here against my will.”
Gibbs just continued to stare down at her with an unwavering gaze. “Sit down” he said harshly.
Kagome stared back at him, her chin stuck out stubbornly. Appraising him, she smirked and shrugged. It couldn't hurt to stay a little while and entertain them.
She turned on her heels and walked back to her previous seat. Pulling out the chair, she plopped down in it and sent a look to Gibbs. “Happy now? I'm sitting.” She commented mockingly.
Gibbs didn't say anything, ignoring her as he also took a seat. “DiNozzo.” He called out sharply as he noticed his agent trying to sneak out.
Tony winced and turned slowly to look at him. “Yes boss?”
Gibbs didn't bother to spare a glance at him. “Stay.”
Tony let his shoulders sag. “Staying boss…” this was going to suck…
Gibbs stared down at Kagome who stubbornly stared right back at him. The tension in the air cackled around them, making Tony uneasy.
Gaze unwavering, Kagome spoke curtly. “Are we really going to do this? Stare at each other until one of us cracks? I'm not talking and you can't make me.”
Gibbs didn't say anything, just stayed staring at her.
Kagome gave him a blank look. “Oh Kami you're one of those kinds of interrogators. I'm not going to tell you anything if you just sit there… actually I'm not going to tell you anything either way; I have nothing to tell you.”
The silence still ensued.
Kagome got annoyed, but she smirked. Crossing her arms she leaned back and closed her eyes. “You know, once my friend comes by I'm leaving, right? So you better pick a better method of interrogating me if you want a chance to get answers. Interrogation doesn't bother me, I already told your agent I've been through hell and back...” She slid deeper into her seat to get as comfortable as she could in her chair, and tilted it back so it balanced on the two back legs.
Gibbs' jaw clenched tightly and he swept his leg under the table to kick back the chair she was lazing in. This woman was getting a little too cocky for his liking.
Kagome's eyes didn't open when she swiftly planted her feet on the floor, letting the chair fall to the ground under her.
Gibbs slid his chair back nosily and shot over to Kagome, gripping at her shoulders. He pinned her to the wall behind a tad roughly, but not enough to harm her.
Kagome only sighed.
Gibbs growled. “Talk damn it!”
Tony jumped up from his seat and watched amazed, but ready to interfere if needed. But he couldn't believe… Gibbs was losing his cool.
Or so he thought…
A cold low voice echoed into the room. “Detach yourself from my person, or you will regret it.”
Gibbs didn't budge. “Don't you even care?” he asked in a low voice. “All you have to do is tell us what you know… Are you really going to let that murdering bastard stay out there and kill some more? Destroy more families? Kill more mothers and fathers? More sisters and brothers, wives and husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends? How can you be so cold?” Gibbs shot at her, trying to make her see reason.
Kagome opened her eyes, and Gibbs had to struggle to keep himself composed himself. They were narrowed into pissed off, fury raging dark blue, almost black slits. “Don't presume I'm so heartless…” her soft voice entered his ears. Kagome looked away. His comments hit her hard but no one noticed.
Gibbs grip on her shoulders tightened considerably, so much that it started to hurt slightly, but Gibbs didn't notice since Kagome made no move to point it out. “Then why won't you help us? You know what we're dealing with… you lied when you said you didn't!”
Kagome's eyes slid over to meet his, and she gave him a serious stare. “I am helping you.” She ignored the latter or his remarks.
Gibbs furrowed his eyebrows. “How do ya figure that?” he demanded.
Kagome was unfazed by his demand. “By not letting you get involved. I'm dealing with this myself. “
Gibbs growled in frustration. “This isn't Japan! You have no authority here! And what makes you think we can't handle it ourselves?”
Kagome glared at him and sneered. “There are many things I know that you would never dream of…”
Gibbs unconsciously pushed Kagome into the wall a bit painfully. “Then work with us! Ziva said you could help and there's no way you can get the perp just by yourself.”
Kagome, Tony, and Ziva were all shocked by the invitation.
Kagome shook herself from the shock quickly though. “No! If he,” Kagome pointed accusingly at Tony, whose eyes widened in response, “didn't would have already got an actual look at the killer! And anyways! You'll only get in the way and get hurt!”
Gibbs blinked in shock. “You tracked the killer already?” he muttered unbelievingly.
Tony balked at that. They were that close?!? She was that close!!
Kagome tensed. She didn't mean to say that.
“Are you kidding?! You could have died!” Tony blurted out. He wasn't afraid for himself… he at least had a gun.
Kagome's head snapped in his direction. “You don't know me.” She said quietly.
“Just like you don't even know us!” Gibbs yelled at her, getting back to the point in hand. They could discuss that other little discovery later.
Kagome's eyes flashed. “I know enough!” she snapped at him.
Gibbs only growled lightly, and Kagome was soon lightly tossed to the side by the door, and she stumbled slightly. She stared at him in open astonishment at what he said next.
“Fine… Get. Out. Now.” He roared. It was obvious she wasn't going to be any use for them.
Kagome blinked at him, and stared at him warily, but complied. She walked over to the door and opened it. She stopped short when Gibbs spoke to her again.
“But remember this…”
Kagome turned to look at him, and she almost gasped at the deep, intense stare he was giving her, like he was looking into her.
“The sooner the killer is caught the less people killed. The time wasted by chasing the killer alone is just more time the killer has to murder more marines…” He watched her critically.
Kagome stared back at him, as indecision ate her. He was right, the more people working on it the sooner the killer can be caught and the less people killed. But was the risk it worth it to her? To him and his team?
Kagome asked him. “And if one of you gets hurt in the process?”
Gibbs smirked triumphantly. “We can handle pain.”
Kagome wasn't impressed. She asked the one question that would decide everything. “And if one you die?” the tone of her voice told them that she was completely serious, that there was a great chance that they could die, a chance higher than usual.
The smirk was wiped off of Gibbs' face, it wasn't his place to speak for his team, but he would speak for himself. “It's a risk I'm willing to take… it's in my job description.”
Kagome tilted her head curiously. “And your team?” her gaze swept over to Tony, before looking at the window where she knew Ziva was standing.
Or was.
The sound of a door opening in closing reached their ears. “I am not afraid of death… in Mossad we are trained to expect death... believe that we just might not make it home from the mission.”
Kagome turned, only to find her-self staring into the depths of serious cocoa eyes; she frowned. She didn't her friend to get hurt, or the rest of her team… they seem like genuinely great people… that's the whole reason why she was fighting so much to get them to back off and let her handle this.
Tony just scoffed, waving off the seriousness. “We almost die everyday… what makes this case so different than any other?”
Kagome looked at him sadly. “Everything…”
Tony stared at her, confused.
Shaking her head, Kagome looked over at Gibbs. “If you are so determined to get yourselves killed, then so be it. You will probably just continue to chase after the killer anyways, so it's much safer to work together on this then separately. I'll see what I can do.”
Gibbs nodded, pleased that he got Kagome agree. This way, they could have each other's back and no one would be on their own. He smirked. “You got yourself a deal.”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
7,055 words
 
So how was it?! Good I hope!! It's longer!! XD I was going to have Kagome meet Abby in this chappy, but it went to long, so they should meet in the next chapter… maybe Ducky too if I can fit it in…
 
Hmm, for the most part, this chappy was just to give some input on Kag's background, I had more typed out but I thought it was a little much lol.
 
For some reason this chapter was… weird for me… I had some trouble writing in the scenes cause sometimes it just seemed to stupid or unnecessary. Like over the top, and way too dramatized. Unrealistic maybe? And ooc?
 
Ughh I don't know, it was just kinda confusing. Gibbs, I think was definitely occ, getting a little too physical with Kags, but I think it would be something he would do since he knowsshe could get out of the chair before it fell and that she could handle being pinned to the wall. He just that all knowing ;)
 
Kagome herself seems ooc in my book, maybe too cold, indifferent, or bitchy.
 
But I kinda have a reason for that, but I wasn't sure on including it. It isn't torture though, Tony just assumed that. It's something else, and you'll probably be able to figure it out.
 
Tony's more teasing in this chapter, but Ziva was okay I think.
 
Eh, oh well, I'm ranting though so I should probably stop lol.
 
But tell me if they get too OOC, so then I can fix it.
 
And review!! Constructive criticism is desired, compliments are loved, actual flames will be fought back, fire with fire `evil grin'
 
Till next time,
RainLiily
 
 
--Review time!!--
 
 
A big whopping special thanks to…: Kai3anime, Eluwei,
 
Ceri Dragonelle: Actually, I had something else planned. There is a connection between Sesshomaru and Kagome as you can see, and you can also see why. Sessho might make an appearance here, but I'm still deciding. I'd have to work him in but I have to think of how to do that first lol.
 
Princess of dobermans: Hahahh it is original, I've never heard of that before lol. Oh wow thank you SO much!! I probably will need some help with diff. sites. round DC. I have no idea about the area, and to tell you the truth I wasn't going to go into great detail about the sites b/c of that lol. So maybe if you can tell me the major sites around DC for starters it would be a major help… and if I need anything else I'll be sure to give you an email. My email is CreamyGirl21@aol.com. Thank you SO much!! Hmm, I just think Tony has that kind of attitude b/c Kagome intimidates him… he'll soften up to her later on, I'll make sure of it lol XD
Thank you again!!!