InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Enemies Team Up ❯ The Cries of the Trees ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: So here's the next chapter, and it's a little longer than the first two. I really wanted the InuYahsa gang to meet up with the Dragon Knights (and Cesia) this time. But I turned out writing more about their arrival than planned, and then I got caught up on all the Wind Staff and Varawoo powers creating a vortex thing, and well, you'll see. Hope you like it!
 
Disclaimer: You guessed it.
 
Cesia, having been the first to jump into, what she now believed to be a portal into some kind of new world, was the first to appear on the other side. At first glance she noted that the portal had landed her outside, no buildings around, and in the middle of a thick forest. So far everything around looked normal, that was, of course, was excluding the black, glowing portal that was still centered directly above her head. There was one more thing that she had noticed the moment she had dropped into this strange place, what she felt and , somehow saw in the trees themselves, that there was a mystical, almost evil, and surely sad feel echoing through this forest, the forest, that was known by the native people as, The Forest Of InuYasha.
Cesia didn't have time to make any closer observations, for a young boy she knew well had dropped out of the portal nearly on top of her. Rath found himself checking on Cesia before trying to figuring what it was that had just happened to him. Wanting to ask his yoaki companion if she had been hurt in the fall, he had to much discipline to give away even the slightest hint of affection. He took his attention away from her before she even realized he had been checking on her health rather than just giving her a cold stare for being in the way. Rath had become an expert at suppressing his emotions, denying even those he loved to care anything about him. For Rath felt that evil such as him did not deserve to be cared for, didn't deserve to love.
“Why are you here?!” Cesia found herself yelling at him, “You didn't jump in did you! What kind of idiot are you!?” Why would he have followed her here? Now both of them were in the same predicament and Cesia wasn't sure how she was to get out back rather than through the portal once again, but then what would become of the wind staff?
“Me! You were the one that randomly jumped into a vortex that had just appeared in the middle of the freakin' room! What is your problem?!”
“Well you didn't have to follow me you know!”
The two of them were so busy yelling at each other neither had noticed the newest arrival, and he, being so used to the fights his companions constantly shared and knowing it wasn't the wisest idea to try and intrude on their “conversation”, had resorted his time to examining the trees around them. Being an elf, Rune could feel the trees misery and pain, he could feel the anger of the forest, and like Cesia, felt the mystical glow that surrounded it. Seeing both Cesia and Rath were still fighting each other mercilessly Rune chose not to bring this up, besides, it looked like he was going to have to explain what he knew about their arrival to… wherever they were now… to yet another dragon knight who had made his way through the portal.
Thatz had made it safely to the other side just as his companions, but he, unlike the three before him, he was panicking after his ride through the portal and arrival in a different world. “Where are we?! What's going on?! …Did we just travel through time? What the hell just happened?!”
Rath and Cesia had finally stopped fighting and had their backs to each other, but it was Rune who responded, “As far as I know the combination of the wind staff and the powers of Varawoo created a… vortex, maybe you've heard of tears in the space time continuum.” Everyone was shocked out of their minds, but remained silent, listening to the one explanation they had. After all, everyone one of them lived in a world surrounded by demons, where a headless man could be revived, and dragons made their homes inside of a sword, how much weirder could this world be than the one they already lived in? “Well I think this is a form of that, despite the fact that it looks like some parts of Dragoon, I'm getting a very, very different feeling about the atmosphere here. It may take us a while to figure this place out, all I can really tell you is that the land here is sad, as well as violent. Something happened here long ago but all we need to worry about now is getting back.” Everyone looked to the vortex just above their heads, “I know we could just try to go back through there,” he pointed as he continued his sentence, “but it's our responsibility to reclaim the powers of Varawoo and the Wind Staff before we leave. I really don't think heading back to Nadil's castle is going to help us much with that.”
Everyone was silent for a while after that. Some points of Rune's explanation seemed impossible, but it was all they had to go by. Each of the Dragon Knights, including Cesia, where coming up with their own way to get back to their world and bring the Wind Staff as well as Varawoo's powers with them. None of them came up with a solution. Though they didn't have that much time to think before one last person made his way through the portal.
 
 
As soon as Nadil had made it into the portal he collected all his energy and focus, he needed to locate Varawoo and the Wind Staff, he needed to find a way to take them with him to wherever this thing had sent the other Dragon Knights. Releasing all his power he held himself in nothingness, there were no signs of life around him, he was stuck in the middle of a swirling nothingness. He remained clam as he used his senses to find what it was he was looking for instead of his eyes. It didn't take him long to locate an immense sensation of power, but instead of the force flooding all from one spot, as Nadil had suspected, it was spread through the vortex. He was unable to locate the exact location to where the Wind Staff and Varawoo's powers. In a desperate attempt to tear the two apart and take them with him, Nadil called the mixture of powers to his own body. What he felt was what he never would have expected, the power was not only strong, it was pure evil, it was as if the godlike and pure powers of the Wind Staff had declared a battle with devilish, evil powers of Varawoo and neither was destined to win as long as the two clung so tightly together. Both powers were determined to vanquish the other from the face of the earth, both powers fought just as hard, and what they had created, was itself, pure evil.
Nadil used all his power to tear the two apart, to try and take hold of them, but he only succeeded in one of these goals. The two evil powers were torn apart, giving a silent truce as the vortex faded. But they did not fall into Nadil's hands, nor did they return to the Dragon Knights. The power of Varawoo had retreated to a fairly large body of water inside the castle were it reformed into the same demon fish Rune had trapped within his own body long ago. The room it had made its temporary home in was strange, for though it looked like a swimming pool, the place was thick with the sent of blood. In the mean time the Wind Staff, recovering from its endless battle, had fallen to the ground and lost a large portion of its glow. But this didn't stop Kitchel from lifting it off the ground, ready to use it and any other weapons she could find within the room. For a dozen or so demon-like guards were approaching her and Zoma, slowly but surely, in search of their recently vanished leader.
 
A/N: So did you like it! Please review, I can't tell if you're reading if you don't review and then I'm not inspired… Thanks so much for the review regretfully_ I love getting suggestions and knowing about my mistakes, cause I know I make a lot of them. Anyways really hope you liked it and again, Please Please review! It really helps! Thanks!