InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Turbulence ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Turbulence

The long flight back to America was spent in relative silence. InuYasha would speak to no one but Kagome and occasionally Logan. Meanwhile, it was very apparent that Kurt had a small crush on Kagome, and that did not improve InuYasha's current mood. He wanted to kill something, or at least strangle that annoying teleporter that kept flirting with Kagome.
"So what kind of powers do you have, Kurt?" Kagome asked.
"I can teleport almost anywhere," he replied.
"Yeah, but he's blue," Rogue smirked.
"Blue?" Kagome asked.
Kurt stiffened and turned to Rogue, upset she had mentioned it. Rogue just shrugged with a smirk and moved to sit next to Kagome, "accidentally" turning off Kurt's image inducer. Kagome gasped and jumped away from him. In an instant, InuYasha was in front of Kagome, having drawn the Tetsusaiga from where he had hidden it on his person. Kurt screamed and ducked behind the Professor, who gave Rogue a bit of a glare before trying to calm InuYasha down.
"Please! He means you no harm, Kagome please tell him."
"InuYasha! Stop it! That's just how he looks because of his mutation!" Kagome pleaded in Japanese, "Stop!"
"No way! He's a demon, Kagome! Just look at him! No normal human could look like that!" InuYasha protested, "I'm protecting you!"
"She's tellin' the truth, kid," Logan replied, having let Storm have the controls, "Just calm down."
InuYasha growled at Logan kept Kagome shoved behind him. His eyes darted from Logan to Kurt, finding them to be his only current threat. Kagome sighed and stepped back.
"Sorry, InuYasha," she whispered, "Sit, boy!"
"Gah!" InuYasha yelled, finding himself kissing metal floor.
"What the...?" Logan murmured, in surprise.
"Cool! What kind of power is that?!" Rogue asked, "I'd pay to be able to flatten a boy with just a word!"
Kagome blushed and was relieved not to have to explain it was a subduing spell. Xavier's eyes narrowed, having picked up her stray thought.
"So, Kagome is a priestess?" Xavier thought, "But why put a spell on a young boy? It doesn't make sense."
"Will everyone please settle down! It's difficult enough to pilot through this storm without all of you gallivanting about back there!" Ororo commands.
"Yes, Ms. Munroe," Kurt replied.
"Yeah, alright!" Rogue replied, sinking into a chair.
Kagome sat down, and InuYasha soon joined her after picking himself up from the floor. He refused to look at her, glaring angrily out the window. Logan sat down, keeping an eye on the two youths. There was something strange about the dog eared kid. He didn't smell mutant. He smelled like something else, but Logan couldn't quite put his finger on it. He'd find out though. He was the only other person on the jet that knew what Kagome had said. And it sounded and looked a lot like some kind of command you'd give a dog, a spell of sorts. And the kid's comment about Kurt being a demon didn't help his suspicions either.
Within a few hours, they arrived at the mansion. The jet landed and taxied into the underground bunker. Everyone disembarked and Logan was given the task to take Kagome and InuYasha to their rooms. Normally the boys slept in one wing, while the girls slept in another. However, in their case, Xavier decided to let them have joined rooms.
"Kagome, this is your room. InuYasha, your room is next door. You have a door in the middle that joins the two rooms. I'll let you two settle in. If you want to grab a snack, follow your nose," he directed the last comment to InuYasha who grunted in reply, "Oh and, kid? Tomorrow we start your lessons in english. By the time you and Kagome leave here, I expect you to be speaking like a native. Same goes for you, Kagome. You have to work on your accent."
"Hai, Logan-san," she replied.
"Just Logan, kid," he said with a smirk and then left.
"Feh," InuYasha said, picking up his bags and going into his room.
Kagome sighed and dragged her bags into her room as best as she could.
A few hours later, and a knock came at Kagome's door. She opened it to find a group of girls there. Rogue, Kitty, and Jean stood there and then practically poured into her room.
"Like, hi! I'm Kitty Pryde, nice to meet you!" Kitty said in a bubbly manner, "This is Jean Grey and you know Rogue!"
"Hi, nice to meet you," Jean said.
"Hey, Kagome," Rogue replied.
"Hello. I'm Kagome Higurashi. It's nice to meet all of you," Kagome smiled.
In his room, InuYasha could hear and smell the 3 mutant girls and huffed. He was sitting on his bed, cross-legged and his back on the headboard. His arms were crossed and he was barefoot, hair loose.
"So what are your powers?" Kitty asked.
"Well, according to the Professor I have weather control and seismic control."
"Oh! So, like, your powers are like Storm's and Avalanche's mixed together! How cool!"
"Avalanche? Storm?" Kagome asked.
"Storm is Ms. Munroe's code name," Jean smiled, "Avalanche is another mutant that we know. He has seismic control. I'm telepathic and telekinetic."
"Yeah. My power lets me phase through anything! Watch!" Kitty said, eager to show off, and phased right through the wall that connected Kagome and InuYasha's rooms.
She ended up in InuYasha's room, right before his bed, and practically drooled at the site of him.
"Oh wow," she thought.
InuYasha's eyes were wide and he jumped up, landing behind her and holding her throat. Kitty screamed.
"Kitty!" Rogue exclaimed, hearing her scream.
"Oh no, InuYasha!" Kagome responded.
All three girls burst into InuYasha's room to see him holding Kitty by the throat and glaring at her menacingly.
"Someone help me!" Kitty squeaked.
"InuYasha! Stop it!" Kagome screamed in Japanese, "She was just showing me her mutant power! Honestly, you need to stop trying to kill everyone around here! They're friends!"
"Feh!" InuYasha dropped Kitty.
She rubbed her sore neck and backed away from him with wide eyes.
"I-I'm sorry," she whispered in fear.
"Alright, that's it! I'm gonna regret this, but I can't stand your attitude anymore!" Rogue declared, taking off a glove and marching up to InuYasha.
"Stupid wench! I dunno what you're saying, but you don't threaten me!" InuYasha yelled in Japanese.
"Stop it! Both of you!" Jean shouted over the commotion.
"InuYasha, stop it or I'll say it again!" Kagome threatened.
"Rogue, stop!" Kitty joined in.
Rogue growled and stopped, looking back at them.
"Whatever. I'd probably regret absorbing that jerk anyway!"
"You absorb people?!" Kagome asked in shock.
"Well, not like you're thinking. See, my power allows me to absorb other mutant's powers and in the case of regular humans, it allows me absorb their life force. Either way, the victim is left unconscious for a while," Rogue replied, leaving the room.
"I'm starting to regret coming here, wench," InuYasha said to Kagome, "Tomorrow morning we're going back to Japan and then through the well and go hunting for jewel shards!"
"What?! No! We're already here! And Kaede said this was more important that jewel hunting anyway! You're not telling me what to do, InuYasha!" Kagome screamed.
"Keh! You'll regret not listening to me, Kagome!"
"Well, we'll just see!"
"Fine!"
"Fine!"
"Feh!"
"Ooohh! Men!" Kagome threw her hands up and stomped out of the room.
Kitty and Jean looked from one to the other and back again, meeting InuYasha's intense glare. They quickly left the half demon's room.
"What's up with him?" Kitty asked.
"I have no idea. But I sensed a lot of conflicting emotions," Jean replied, "He's definitely angry though, so we better steer clear of him for a while."
"No need to tell me twice! That guy gives me the creeps!"
"Hey, Jean! Me and the guys are heading over to say hi to the new guy!" Cyclops smiled.
"I don't think that's a good idea, Scott. He doesn't seem like he wants visitors right now," Jean replied.
"Hey, don't worry about it! He probably just needs some guys to hang out with!"
Scott, Kurt, Bobby, and Evan all walked toward InuYasha's room.
"Don't say she didn't warn you!" Kitty called out.
Scott knocked on InuYasha's door and the guys all wait. InuYasha opened the door and glared at them.
"What do you want?" he asked in Japanese.
Cyclops and the guys looked uneasy, none of them knew Japanese. Scott cleared his throat, and in a very bad Japanese accent, said the only phrase he knew.
"Konnichi wa, InuYasha."
InuYasha raised a brow.
"Feh! You sound drunk!" he scoffed.
"Uh, maybe we should have brought Logan to interpret," Kurt spoke up.
"Man, whatever. This is a waste of my time!" Evan said, leaving.
Bobby pulled out a book and scanned the pages.
"Good morning, InuYasha-chan. My street is Bobby-sama! I am very sad to meet you," he said in passable Japanese.
InuYasha's eye twitched.
"Kagome!" he called.
Kagome came out her room and saw the boys in front of a very irate InuYasha.
"Oh, no! What is it?"
"Tell these idiots to leave me alone! This one just insulted me! And they keep trying to speak in Japanese!"
"They're only trying to be friendly!" Kagome responded and switched to english, "Sorry. You inadvertently offended him with your bad Japanese."
"We're just trying to be friendly. You know? Welcome the new guy!" Scott replied.
"Yeah, I know. But InuYasha tends to be a little moody," Kagome said.
"Will you interpret for us, Kagome?" Kurt asked.
"Sure!"
"Great! InuYasha, my name is Bobby aka Iceman! It's great to meet you!"
"I'm Scott Summers, Cyclops. And the guy who already left was Evan, or Spike."
Kagome interpreted for them both.
"What do I care?" InuYasha asked.
"InuYasha! You could at least be nice!" Kagome retorted and then spoke in english, "He says he's happy to meet you."
"No need to lie for him, Kagome. I can tell from his body language he didn't say that," Scott narrowed his eyes at InuYasha and then turned back to Kagome, "Hey, dinner is soon. Would you like to come with us, Kagome?"
"Oh, sure! I'm starved!"
Scott smiled and offered Kagome his arm that she took with a blush. Kurt saw the dangerous narrowing of InuYasha's eyes and he laughed nervously, quickly shoving Scott, Kagome, and Bobby away. InuYasha growled and shut his door, following them. He found himself glaring an imaginary hole into Scott's back for daring to touch Kagome. Meanwhile, Scott was trying not to turn around, the hair on the back of his neck were standing and he knew that InuYasha was glaring at him.