InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Warm Front ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Additional Disclaimer: I do not own PlayStation®, Virtua Fighter®, or X-Box®.

Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Warm Front

The week went by rather quickly, and it seemed as if InuYasha's boasting proved correct. He indeed was learning most of all he would need to know. Kagome had decided that she would test him. It was night time and the night before the X-Men would come pick her up. She sat in the kitchen and tapped a finger on her lower lip. InuYasha stood there with his arms crossed over his form fitting, red shirt that was complimented by baggy, black cargo pants. He was barefoot and his hair was tied back in a low ponytail.
"Coffee," she said.
"This one. You put the water here, and the coffee inside one of these filter things in here," InuYasha responded, pointing out the items, "and push the button."
"Good. Ramen."
"In the microwave with water for 3 minutes, cool for 1 minute, and then eat. This is making me hungry, Kagome."
"I just want to be sure you're ready. Laundry?"
InuYasha sighed and walked to the laundry room, followed by Kagome.
"Separate the colored clothes from the white clothes. Put the load in this machine, add a capful of soap and set the control to wash. After it's done, put it in the other machine, set the control to regular and let it dry. Then take them out and fold them or hang them up on one of those hanger things. Satisfied?"
"Yes. Very good. Um...ah! Setting the VCR's clock!"
"Damnit wench! Even your grandfather can't do that! How do you expect me to?"
Kagome laughed.
"Okay. I admit you probably won't have to do that while we're there. Well, I think that's it. I've been asking you stuff for half an hour now. You really did learn everything in a week. I'm impressed."
"Feh! I told you I could! I'm not stupid!"
"I never said you were. So did you pack?"
InuYasha paled and smiled sheepishly.
"I forgot."
"What?! But they're going to be here early in the morning! How could you have forgotten!"
Kagome grabbed his hand and dragged him to the guest room to pack all the clothing her mother had bought him, along with other supplies. It took them only an hour to do so and Kagome sighed in relief. She looked at the clock and noticed it was 10 o'clock.
"Are you still hungry?"
InuYasha's stomach did the answering for him and Kagome shook her head.
"Some Ramen would really hit the spot," he replied.
"Well, go make yourself some. You already proved to me you know how, so no excuses anymore!"
"Feh! Stupid wench...," he mumbled as he made his way to the kitchen to prepare his own ramen.
Mrs. Higurashi was in the kitchen pouring herself a glass of cold water when InuYasha came in. She turned to him and smiled.
"So, InuYasha, are you excited about tomorrow? You get to fly in an airplane to another country!"
"Feh! Kagome told me about those airplanes. Sounds stupid to me! How can a huge contraption made of metal fly?!"
"Well, you see, the plane has wings that are designed sort of like a bird's wings. It helps the plane to stay in the air while its jets push it forward."
InuYasha sweat dropped. He could never remember to refrain from asking Mrs. Higurashi about modern things. The wench would go into a whole bout of scientific explanations that confounded the poor half demon. But, by now, he at least knew what she was talking about most of the time.
He just moved about the kitchen, retrieving a cup of ramen and some water. As Mrs. Higurashi continued her lecture on the science behind flight, InuYasha heated his ramen and sat down to eat. He would occasionally grunt to signal he was listening. However, his concentration was mostly on his favorite food's flavor. The only thing he hoped they had in America was plenty of ramen!
The following morning was hectic. InuYasha found himself awoken by the sounds of Kagome stomping past his room several times in a mad rush. He groaned. He had been having a wonderful dream too. Kagome had been in a hot spring and she'd just motioned for him to join her, and damn! What the hell kind of a dream was that?! InuYasha blushed and got up to get ready to leave. He might as well, considering Kagome was literally flying all over the house in a fit.
Kagome was completely excited. She couldn't wait for her trip. In a way, she was apprehensive, but also very eager. She was going to another country! She would be trained to become stronger and use her powers! And, for some reason, she was even happy that insufferable half demon was going with her. She dumped the last of her bags in the family room and waited for InuYasha to show up.
She wasn't disappointed as the he stepped into the room, dropped his two bags next to hers and started mumbling about loud wenches and weird dreams. The last comment earned him a raised brow from Kagome. He blushed and turned away.
"Feh," he said.
"Good morning to you too, Grumpy," Kagome replied.
"Well, I wouldn't be grumpy if someone would have been a little more quiet! Geez, woman! You could have woken everyone in the feudal era with all that noise!"
"Well, excuse me! I can't help it if I'm excited, okay?!"
"Hey, sis! Did you take the PlayStation?!"
"Hai, Sota. She would have taken the game only, but Professor Xavier said none of the students had a PlayStation there," Grandpa Higurashi replied.
"Awwww!!! But I wanted to play Virtua Fighter!"
"Sorry, Sota. You know how I like to play my game," Kagome responded, "Besides, you still have the X-Box."
On the X-Jet, on the way to the Higurashi shrine, Professor Xavier was having the time of his life. Apparently, some of the students had decided to stow aboard after hearing about the newest student. Currently, Professor Xavier, Storm, Logan, Kurt, and Rogue were in the jet. Somehow, Rogue had talked Kurt into teleporting them into the plane's back closet. They were soon found by Professor Xavier and scolded, of course.
"So, how much longer, Professor?" Kurt asked, eagerly.
"We'll arrive in a few minutes, Kurt," Xavier replied.
"Yeah. Keep your pants on, elf," Logan added.
"Well, Ah just wanna know why this girl is so special that Storm's gonna tutor her one-on-one," Rogue said.
"Settle down, Rogue. I am merely going to help Kagome realize her full powers over weather. I am the only one that can help her."
"Yeah, yeah," Rogue replied.
"I wonder if this Kagome is cute...," Kurt thought.
"Hang on. We're coming in for a landing," Logan said.
The jet landed in a forest and everyone left it. After a mile hike, they finally arrived at the shrine. Storm knocked on the door and waited as Xavier, Logan, Kurt, and Rogue stood behind her. Mrs. Higurashi opened the door and looked at the small crowd in surprise.
"My apologies, Mrs. Higurashi. Some of my students were eager to meet Kagome," Xavier supplied.
"Oh. Well, come in, please," Mrs. Higurashi drawled in accented english and then switching to Japanese, "Kagome! They're here!"
"Coming, mom! Come on, InuYasha!" Kagome smiled, taking his hand and dragging him down the stairs.
Kagome had decided it would be cute for them to match. She was wearing a pair of khaki jeans and a blue baby doll T-shirt. InuYasha wore khaki cargo pants and a blue shirt that hugged his muscles just right. It seemed he preferred the tight shirt, baggy pant combo. He wasn't too fond of the matching clothes, but he would deal with it.
As they descended the stairs, his nose was assaulted with 5 new scents, all of them human with that slight change he had noticed in Kagome. He now identified that unique sub scent as what identified normal humans from these so-called mutants. He was a bit uneasy as they entered the room, considering his ears were plainly visible. But Kagome had insisted the previous night that they wouldn't be shocked. They would just think he was a mutant like them. He sighed as Kagome pulled him into the room by the hand.
"And you must be InuYasha. Kagome called me a few days ago to say you would be joining her," Xavier smiled.
"Nani? Kagome, what's he saying?"
"Oh! He's just saying that you must be InuYasha because I told him about you and how you were coming with me," she replied.
Xavier shifted in his chair uncomfortably. He had been wrong to assume this boy knew english. Logan spoke up in japanese to ease the boy's apprehension.
"Sorry about that. My friend, Professor Xavier, thought you knew english like Kagome does. Don't worry, kid. I'll help you learn when we get to America," Logan said, placing a hand on InuYasha's shoulder.
InuYasha stiffened and growled a bit at the invasion of his personal space. There was something odd about this mutant. He smelled almost feral. InuYasha didn't for one second trust this one, not at all. Logan raised an eyebrow at the growl and that's when everyone noticed the cute little doggie ears on InuYasha's head.
"Hey! He's got dog ears!" Rogue exclaimed, walking toward him in fascination, "How cute..."
Rogue blushed and then backed up as she heard his growl. She realized he couldn't understand what she was saying and that he probably perceived her a threat. She put her hands up in a placating gesture and sat back on the couch.
"InuYasha!" Kagome scolded, "Behave! They're just trying to be friendly."
"Well, are we ready to go?" Xavier asked.
"Yes," Kagome nodded, "Bye, mom, Sota, jii-chan!"
Kagome hugged her mother, brother, and grandfather and then she and InuYasha left, following the X-Men to the X-Jet in the forest. InuYasha felt that this was going to be one big adventure. He, Logan, and Kurt got stuck carrying the bags all the way to the jet.
"Geez, kid, how many bags does your girlfriend need?" Logan asked.
"She's not my girlfriend, old man! And I haven't a clue! Women!" InuYasha muttered.
Logan smirked and keep walking.
"Forget this!" Kurt suddenly exclaimed and teleported to the jet with the bags.
He set them down and teleported back to InuYasha.
InuYasha snarled and slashed with his claws to the prescence that had just appeared behind him. Kurt squealed and barely had time to duck.
"Whoa there, kid! That's just the elf's power. He can teleport anywhere. It does get on one's nerves though," Logan explained.
"Yeah, well tell him not to teleport near me!" InuYasha huffed, stomping off to catch up to Kagome.
"Way to go, elf," Logan said.
"Uh, sorry," Kurt said sheepishly.