InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Gale Force Winds ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Gale Force Winds

Kagome woke from her unconscious state with a start. She sat up and panted breathlessly for a minute before her senses came back to her. InuYasha was by her side in an instant. He looked at her with worry evident in his golden gaze. Her sapphire orbs looked back at him in question of his rare concern. Her attention was drawn to the other occupant of the room when she heard his small cough.
Xavier remained in the room with InuYasha after he had been told all about Kagome and her trips to the past, where she met InuYasha. To say he was shocked was putting it mildly. He now regarded Kagome, calmly.
"Kagome, he knows. About everything," InuYasha said.
Kagome gasped and looked again to the professor. He nodded in acknowledgment and she sighed.
"So now what happens?" she asks.
"Nothing. I've decided that there is no need to tell the students about InuYasha or your trips to the past. But it will be necessary to tell Logan and Ororo."
"Let me tell Logan," InuYasha volunteered, "It'll be better if he hears it from me."
"Agreed," Xavier nods, "Kagome, someone far away was trying to communicate with you in a form of telepathy I've yet to encounter. It came to you in the form of a vision, one that I would like to talk to you more about. I may be able to help you to decipher it."
"Sure," she replies with a small smile, "I'm sorry we kept this from you."
"It's all right. I understand, Kagome."
InuYasha left Kagome with the Professor and walked out of the medical bay. Taking the elevator upstairs, he followed his nose soon found himself at the danger room. He pressed a clawed finger to the keypad and the doors slid open. He walked in to see Logan in the middle of a training exercise. Thinking nothing of it, he further entered the room, only to be considered another target for the simulation. He soon found himself dodging lasers and projectiles.
"What the hell?!" he snarled as he was knocked down by a large robotic arm, "That's it! Iron Reamer Soul Stealer!!"
InuYasha let loose his attack that destroyed a good portion of the laser guns and robotic arms on his side of the danger room. Logan, who had been paying attention only to his own exercises, found himself being impressed by the kid's ability and attack. He smirked and voiced a command to shut down the simulation. InuYasha's angry gold eyes burned into him. Logan shook his head and walked over to him.
"What are ya doin' here, kid? You haven't received the proper training to be in this room yet."
"Feh! Look, I just came to talk to you. Xavier agreed I should tell you before you found out on your own."
"Oh? Tell me what?"
"Not here. Somewhere where no one else can hear. I'll meet you in the forest in 20 minutes. It'll give you time to take a shower. You reek!"
Logan growled low as InuYasha left the danger room. That boy knew just how to get under his skin. But, then, it was only fair considering he could do the same to him. He found himself pondering their relationship. He shook his head. InuYasha was like the nephew he never had, nor wanted to have. He chuckled and headed to the showers, he really did stink.
Kagome had her eyes closed and was laying back on the bed. Xavier stood at her head with his eyes shut closed in concentration. In the space of Kagome's mind, both were replaying the vision that had been sent to Kagome. When the face of the adversary was shown, Xavier gasped.
"Apocalypse," he whispered, "This is very serious."
"You recognize him?"
"Only from drawings I've seen of the legend. One of our adversaries, Mesmero, is on a quest to release him from his imprisonment. He has already managed to unlocked the first two doors. We were unable to stop him."
"Doors?"
"Yes. There are certain artifacts that act as keys to the doors that keep him imprisoned. The first was a set of three rings on a rod that acted as a physical key. The next was a large spider guardian, that once defeated, allowed the second door to open. We have yet to find the third."
"Wow," Kagome whispered, "So how can you stop him?"
"As long as we remain united and try our hardest, I am certain that we can stop him from escaping. However, should the final keys be uncovered, I fear all will be doomed. And from what we have seen of your vision, it is only a matter of time before Apocalypse is released."
Kagome's eyes opened in unison with his and they resumed their conversation in the physical world.
"How old are the artifacts?" she asks.
"Certainly you aren't thinking...."
"Yes. I can help! You know I can travel through time to Feudal Japan. There has to be a way for me to find one of the ring artifacts in that time and destroy it."
"While that is a noble thought, you would be interfering with the flow of time. There's no telling what the consequences could be."
"In case you didn't notice, I'm already messing with the flow of time," she replied with a small smile.
InuYasha sat in a tree, waiting for Logan. He smelled him before he saw him and leapt out of the tree to land in front of Logan. Logan reacted as expected, his claws extended and he stood ready. InuYasha smirked and flexed his own claws at the older man. Logan relaxed and retracted his claws.
"It's just you," he said with a hint of relief.
Logan still couldn't get over how easily InuYasha eluded his senses.
"Feh! Look what I'm going to tell you may sound strange, but it's the truth. So don't interrupt and don't question! Got it?!"
"You tryin' to tell me what to do, bub?"
InuYasha raised a brow and scoffed at him.
"I'm a demon," he said.
"Wha-?"
"I'm a demon. I come from Feudal Japan. Kagome brought me here through an enchanted well that's on her shrine."
"You've got to be kidding me," Logan sighed, thinking InuYasha was trying to pull his leg.
"I'm serious. Have you ever heard of the Shikkon jewel?"
"The Jewel of Four Souls? Don't tell me you think you're that InuYasha?!"
"Is your brain broken or something?! Can't you sense that I'm different from everyone else here?! Look, humans have their own scent, mutants have their own sub scent, and demons have a unique scent. Think about it!"
"Grr... Always thought you smelt funny," Logan smirked.
"What?! You..."
"Prove it. According to the legend InuYasha had a sword called the Tetsusaiga. Show me the sword and how it transforms and I'll believe you."
InuYasha growled, but relented. He beckoned Logan with a finger, and the two walked back to the mansion to InuYasha's room.
Kagome was in her room after her talk with the Professor. He was reluctant to allow Kagome to change the timeline so radically. However, he agreed to keep it in thought as a last measure. Kagome took off her shoes and lay on the bed. She heard InuYasha's door open and close. She walked to the joining door and stepped in.
"Hey, InuYasha. Hi, Logan-san!" she greeted in Japanese.
"Kagome, what did I say about speaking in Japanese?"
"I can't speak it until I go back home," she sighed in English.
"Feh! Stupid wench," InuYasha muttered in Japanese.
"Same goes for you, InuYasha," Logan said, gruffly.
"Feh! Look do you wanna see this or not?"
"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead," Logan smirked, "Hey, Kagome, your boyfriend thinks he's the InuYasha from the legend of the Shikkon jewel!"
Kagome sweat dropped and laughed nervously.
"She's NOT my girlfriend!" InuYasha said hotly with a blush on his face as he pulled out the Tetsusaiga from beneath his bed.
Logan raised a brow at the rusty katana and scoffed.
"That thing is the...," he never got to finish.
InuYasha raised the sword and it transformed into the large fang, startling Logan. InuYasha smirked as he realized that somehow Logan had ended up sitting on the floor. Kagome stifled a giggle at their teacher's awestruck look. Logan managed to snap himself out of it and stood up.
"Alright, I believe you. So what are you doing here?" he asked.
"That's a long story," Kagome replied.
It was only 3 more months later and Kagome was already mastering her control over weather under Storm's tutelage. Her seismic control still had a few kinks to work out, but she had befriended Lance at Bayville High and he was helping her, much to InuYasha's disgruntlement. InuYasha shuddered as he looked upon her visage while she used her powers. In order to control them, Kagome had to shut off almost all emotion. And with her being Kikyo's reincarnation, it was like looking right at Kikyo. That dead look didn't belong on Kagome's face, but he knew it was necessary for her to remain in control. InuYasha had also managed to get in valuable training with Logan. He was becoming fond of the danger room and was found there on most days. But for today, he was watching Kagome's training.
More and more, InuYasha found himself mesmerized by her surreal beauty as she used her powers to lift herself in the air within a cyclone. Her eyes glowed a brilliant silver and her hair floated behind her, embraced in electricity. He was brought out of his musings when he smelled Scott's approach. He growled low. He didn't have a particular liking for that pansy.
"Hey, InuYasha! Kagome's getting pretty good huh? She's almost as powerful as Storm now," Scott said, conversationally.
"Feh! Kagome will be even more powerful once she's done. I have no doubt."
"Oh? Well, hey, listen! Jean and I are going to a club down town. Would you and Kagome like to come with us?"
"We'd love to!" Kagome said from beside them, having finished her training for the day and snuck up on the two.
Scott jumped and InuYasha smirked at him. He'd actually not been surprised, considering his sense of smell. But he was a bit on the irate side when he heard Kagome's answer.
"What?! But, Kagome..."
"Come on, InuYasha! We haven't had a chance to taste America fully yet! I mean sure we've gone to school..."
"Which I think is a waste of time," InuYasha interrupted.
"And we've been here at the mansion," she continued, "But we haven't really gone out!"
"It's settled then," Scott stepped in, "We'll be leaving tonight at 7 sharp. See you two later!"
InuYasha growled as Scott left.
"Kagome! Don't you remember what tonight is?!" he asked.
"Oh! But I already told Scott yes. Well, maybe we can just go for a couple hours and then come back? Night fall isn't until 9!"
"No way! No one here has seen me as a human yet. It'll raise too many questions, and already more people than I would like know about us."
"Come on, please?! I promise! We'll leave before nightfall!"
Kagome looked up at him giving him the full puppy dog eye effect. InuYasha's eyes softened, but he steeled himself to resist. Finally, Kagome pulled out the big guns as taught to her by Kitty. She pouted her lip out and widened her eyes and changed her voice to a chibi impression.
"Pwetty pwease, Inu-kun?"
InuYasha practically melted inside, however, his outward appearance showed only annoyance as he gave in. Kagome jumped up in joy and grabbed his hand, tugging him inside. InuYasha followed with a light blush on his cheeks.
At exactly 7pm, Kagome and InuYasha were at the lobby of the mansion. Scott and Jean arrived shortly after them an all four got into Scott's red and white convertible. Kagome and InuYasha sat in the back together and InuYasha found himself looking at Kagome from the corner of his eye. She was radiant and looked absolutely breathtaking. She had decided to wear a red halter dress that she had bought while shopping with Kitty and Jean. InuYasha was wearing a pair of regular, but new, black jeans a red shirt and showed off his muscles with matching bandanna. This also had Kagome checking him out.
Kagome blushed prettily as she and InuYasha locked gazes when both decided to look at each other at the same time. InuYasha also blushed a bit. In the front of the convertible, Jean smiled and spoke to Scott telepathically.
"They're too cute together!"
They arrived at the club within a few minutes and Scott left the car with a valet. They all entered the club and went their separate ways. Scott and Jean to the dance floor and InuYasha and Kagome to a table.
"Come on, InuYasha, dance with me?"
"No way. I don't dance."
"Afraid?" she challenged.
"Keh! I'm not afraid of anything!"
"Then dance with me!"
"Fine! But don't blame me if we get laughed off the floor!"
Kagome led him to the dance floor by the hand as a fast song came on. The couple around them started to dance in suggestive ways and InuYasha found himself blushing and wondering what the hell those people were doing in public.
"Kagome, what the hell is going on here?! It looks like a mating frenzy!!" he said shocked.
"It's just the kind of dancing they do here, InuYasha. Just go with the flow!" Kagome urged, as she started to dance.
InuYasha caught a glimpse of Scott dancing with Jean. Scott turned to InuYasha and smirked in a challenge. InuYasha growled and started to dance with Kagome, picking up moves by copying others around him.
Eventually, he grabbed a hold of Kagome's hips like he saw another guy doing to his girl. Kagome was a little shocked but continued dancing with InuYasha. As the dance progressed, InuYasha realized the folly of his decision. Kagome was constantly rubbing up against a certain part of his anatomy and it was driving him insane. Kagome, meanwhile, was finding herself in a similar situation. She could very much feel her effect on InuYasha each time she brushed up against him, but his hold on her hips wouldn't let her get the much needed space and she didn't want to cause a scene. She shivered as she felt InuYasha lay his forehead on her shoulder. His breath caressed her back and she gasped lightly.
"What's happening?" she thought in alarm, "Is...is this really happening? Out here, on a dance floor?"
"I should stop, but I can't. Oh kami, Kagome is making me feel so incredibly good right now," InuYasha thought to himself as he hands continued to hold Kagome's hips close.
The song ended soon and Kagome and InuYasha quickly walked to their table to catch their breath. Both of their faces were flushed and neither could look at the other without their blushes increasing. InuYasha was the first to look up. Kagome met his gaze and they stayed that way for a while. Neither was willing to turn away their eyes. Almost as if there was a magnetic pull, the space between them lessened until they were but a breath away from each other.
Kagome's breath caressed InuYasha's lips softly; and suddenly, he could take no more. The overwhelming urge to taste her and hold her in his arms won. His lips descended on hers and Kagome's eyes shut closed in bliss. InuYasha's eyes remained opened, reveling in both the feel of her lips and the looks of pleasure on her face. His arms wrapped around her waist as hers wrapped around his neck. He gently traced the inner rim of her lips with the tip of his tongue and Kagome allowed him to taste her fully.
The pair was interrupted as they heard a light cough from beside them. Scott and Jean had found them and sat next to them.
"So. You two looked like you were having a little fun," Scott joked, "Might have to tell the Professor to move you into different rooms."
"Scott! Stop teasing!" Jean laughed.
InuYasha's face reddened in a mixture of anger and embarrassment.
"Just try it, one eye!" he snarled.
"Whoa! Calm down! I was just joking," Scott said with his hands up.
"Boys," Jean sighed, "Hey, Kagome, come with me to the bathroom?"
"Sure."
When the girls where gone, Scott turned back to InuYasha and tried to make peace with some light conversation.
"What is it with girls going to the bathroom in pairs, huh?"
"Feh!"
"Uh...yeah," Scott said, uncomfortably.
The night wore on and the couples lost track of time. It wasn't until InuYasha's eyes snapped open wide and he dragged Kagome outside that the two realized how late it was. InuYasha dragged Kagome into an alley as his silver hair became black, his ears drifted down and became human, and his eyes darkened from gold to a deep, almost purple, black.
"I'm sorry, InuYasha! I completely lost track of the time," Kagome apologized.
"Feh! I told you this might happen, wench!" he snapped.
Kagome looked down, sadly. InuYasha sighed and placed a finger beneath her chin to force her to look at him.
"I'm sorry. I should have been paying attention to the time as well. It's just as much my fault as it is yours, okay?"
"Thanks, InuYasha," she whispered.
"There you are!" Jean said, from the mouth the alley, "We've been looking all over for you two. Scott said you..."
Jean stopped as she beheld the transformed InuYasha. He looked very different, but still, you could tell it was him.
"What happened?!" she asked, shocked.
"Hey, Jean! I...whoa! InuYasha?!"
"Shit!" InuYasha cursed.