InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Deluge ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Last time on Feudal Weather Witch...

"There you are!" Jean said, from the mouth the alley, "We've been looking all over for you two. Scott said you..."
Jean stopped as she beheld the transformed InuYasha. He looked very different, but still, you could tell it was him.
"What happened?!" she asked, shocked.
"Hey, Jean! I...whoa! InuYasha?!"
"Shit!" InuYasha cursed.

Deluge

"What's going on?" Scott asked, eyes narrowed.
"It's a long story," Kagome began.
"We'll tell you, but not here," InuYasha said, "Back at the mansion."
"All right," Jean replied, "Scott go get the car."
Scott left the group to get his convertible from the valet as Jean waited with InuYasha and Kagome. Kagome felt extremely guilty that InuYasha's secret was out. Not only that, but now they would also know he was a demon and she would have to explain herself as well. InuYasha sensed her uneasiness and laid a hand on her shoulder, offering her a small smile. She smiled back at him in gratitude and hugged him suddenly. His eyes widened a fraction, but he merely held her in his arms. Scott signaled for them when the valet brought the car up and they all settled into their seats for the drive back to the mansion.
Kagome sat down on InuYasha's bed, where the small group was convened. They had managed to get to the room undetected by anyone, which InuYasha was thankful for. He hated his time of vulnerability more than anything and to have even more people know about it was grating on the poor half demon's nerves. He found himself rubbing the bridge of his nose where a small headache was already starting. Running a hand through his thick black locks, he sighed and started the explanation.
"I'm not a mutant," he said, "I'm a demon."
"What?" Jean asked, "Look, I know some people might see you as a demon because of your mutant abilities, but.."
"No. I'm a real demon, Jean. I come from 500 years in the past."
"What?" Scott asked in disbelief, "I can't believe you'd try to get us to believe such a lie. Demons don't exist."
"Yes, they do," Kagome stepped in, "See, there's a magical well on my shrine that allows me to travel 500 years in the past. That's how I met InuYasha..."
Kagome and InuYasha continued to tell their tale, taking turns to fill in gaps the other didn't know of. By the time they were done, Scott and Jean felt overwhelmed. Jean could tell what they had said was the truth and she was astounded. Scott was more than a bit skeptical, so he turned to Jean for confirmation. She nodded and his eyes widened beneath his shades in surprise that it was true.
"So then, on nights of the new moon, your demon blood thins out and you become human?" Scott asks.
"Yes. And you'd better not tell anyone, Cyclops!" InuYasha threatens.
"Hey, I can keep a secret," he counters, "But I think the Professor should at least know."
"I already do," Xavier voiced from the doorway, "Although I had no idea about this development."
"Ugh," InuYasha ran a hand down his face, another one knew.
Kagome laid a hand on his shoulder, comfortingly.
"Scott, Jean, it would be prudent if you kept this from the other students. There's no need for them to know this. It's already a risk that he's in our timeline."
"Understood, Professor," Scott replied.
Jean nodded and smiled at Kagome.
"Well, I'll see you two tomorrow," she said and left the room, followed by Scott.
Xavier stayed and regarded both InuYasha and Kagome seriously.
"I have a matter to discuss with you both. Meet me in the conference room downstairs in one hour."
Kagome and InuYasha looked at each other in confusion before shrugging.
Three hours earlier, in a distant part of the earth, a cloaked figure stood before an ornate door that glowed with unearthly power. His face was riddled with tattoos and his eyes were absolutely eerie. He bowed low before the glowing door. How strange that this figure would worship a door, however, not all was what it seemed. A booming voice was heard above the quiet of the night.
"Mesmero, my loyal servant, I have a task for you. I have recently acquired knowledge of a certain jewel that has the power to release me of all my bonds without the other keys. You can call this a sort of master key, if you will. It has been gone from the earth for hundreds of years, but has recently shown up again. It is called the Shikkon jewel. I need you to find a mutant with the power of time, called Chronos, and have him take you 500 years to the past and to Japan to retrieve the pieces of this jewel. There is one that would stop you. You must be vigilant and ruthless."
"Yes, Master Apocalypse," Mesmero whispered in the dark.
"You will find Chronos in Phoenix, Arizona. Persuade him to join our cause," Apocalypse said with a laughing tone.
Mesmero bowed low and left the cave with a mission. He took his helicopter and went directly toward the target mutant. It wouldn't be long before his master was freed. And he knew he would be greatly rewarded, or so he thought. He would arrive
Xavier waited in the conference room with Wolverine and Storm. InuYasha and Kagome walked in and sat opposite of the other two adults. Xavier looked at them hard and then began to speak.
"About two hours ago, Cerebro sensed a large mutant signature in Phoenix, Arizona. A mutant with the power to cross through time. While this is already worrying me, what worries me more is the amount of power he used," Xavier started.
"It was enough to send him back pretty far," Logan stated.
"I also sensed another mutant next to him. His name is Mesmero and he works for Apocalypse, whom we have spoken of before, Kagome."
"What are you saying?" InuYasha asked seriously.
"Mesmero has gone to the past for some reason," Storm replied.
"Whatever his reasons, we must stop him. And we know of only one way to go back to the past. We would like to go back to Feudal Japan and check to see if that is where he may be. The amount of power the mutant used was enough to send him back that far."
"You're asking my permission to use the well?" Kagome asked.
"Yes."
"How do we even know you'll be able to get through?" InuYasha asked.
"We can just give them shards of the Shikkon," Kagome said, fingering her necklace.
"Shikkon?" Logan asked, "The jewel of Four souls. That's it, Charles! Mesmero must be after the jewel! It would be the only thing powerful enough to release Apocalypse!"
Xavier's eyes widened as did Storm's.
"You're saying that piece of jewel that Kagome wears is the mystical Shikkon? Even my people have heard of its legendary power," Ororo stated.
"This settles it then," Xavier stated, "With Kagome's permission I would like to send you two with them."
"Back to the past, huh?" Logan asked, "Sounds like a challenge."
"Whatever we do to stop him, we must also be conscious not to alter history," Ororo said.
Xavier looked straight at Kagome.
"Kagome, I'd like to see how you do in the danger room tomorrow morning before we head to your home," he said.
Logan and Storm nod in approval. Kagome looked at him nervously and then turned toward InuYasha's piercing gaze. InuYasha looked at Kagome, knowing that she must now prove herself to them. It had only been half a year, but she had come very far in controlling her power. Kagome nodded her head in acceptance and walked quietly out of the room.
InuYasha regarded the group of adults with a hard gaze.
"Kagome had better not get hurt in the danger room. I've been in there before and it's not easy," he warned.
"She'll do fine, kid," Logan assured, "We both know she's come a long way, and Charles wouldn't suggest it if he didn't know she could do it."
"This is merely a formality in Kagome's case," Xavier spoke up, "She needs to know she's good enough and so this is the perfect way for her to find out."
InuYasha noded and they all leaft as a group.
The next morning, Kagome awoke and quickly dressed in her training uniform and pulled her hair up in a ponytail. She nervously wrung her hands and looked to her door when she heard a knock. She opened it to find Kitty, Jean, and Rogue waiting for her.
"We heard you're taking your 'graduation test'," Kitty said, with a smile.
"Do you mind if we come cheer you on?" Jean asked.
"Yeah. Good luck, Kagome," Rogue smiled.
"Thanks, guys!" Kagome said, hugging them.
She walked with the girls to the danger room and the girls gave her thumbs up and encouraging words before they left and the doors slid open to admit her. She stepped into the room and tightened her fists, ready for anything.
InuYasha was in the control room, next to Xavier, Storm, and Logan. Jean, Rogue, and Kitty soon joined them. They all watched as the battle simulation began. Kagome seemed to have a little bit of trouble at first and InuYasha was ready to have Xavier pull the plug, but a sudden determination crossed her face. She had been pinned by a claw and a saw was heading toward her. Kagome screamed out in frustration and thrust forward her hand and let loose a vicious bolt of lightening. Winds picked up in the room and her hair ripped from its rubber band.
The saw exploded and the blade landed near her, but far enough away to not cause harm. She used a cyclone to free herself of the claw and floated mid air, effectively attacking and defending using both her powers over weather and earth. Her eyes glowed silver and her face held a calm, collected look of confidence. Soon the simulation ended and Kagome let herself relax. She laughed in relief and delight that she had actually been good enough to take on the danger room.
Jean, Kitty, Rogue, Ororo, Logan, Xavier, and even InuYasha were clapping and or cheering for her. She smiled up at them and caught InuYasha's eye. There she found something she had never seen from him before, pride. He was proud of her and it warmed her heart. For InuYasha the second he had eye contact with Kagome it was as if no one else was there. He placed a clawed hand on the glass and Kagome floated up to place her hand against his on the glass.
Minutes later, Kagome was inside the control room and Xavier congratulated her, handing her a box.
"Consider it a graduation present," he said with a smile.
Kagome nodded and opened the box. Within it was her own X-Men uniform. It was a full body black suit with a red portion in diagonal from her right hip to her left underarm. Opposing, also diagonally, was a silver cherry blossom pattern. There was an X on each shoulder. Kagome gasped at the beauty of it. She smiled and hugged Xavier tightly before showing it to InuYasha, who blushed at the thought of Kagome wearing something so tight and sexy. Along with the outfit came red gloves and red boots.
"I hope you'll consider joining the X-Men, Kagome. I took the liberty of having this made for you in the hopes that you would."
"I'd love to," she replied, "But what about InuYasha?"
"Feh. Like I'd wear something that tight!"
"Heh. Well, kid, don't worry. I read about your legendary fire rat haori and hakama. They're better than an X-suit any day. I had Charles forgo your outfit."
"Thanks, Logan," he replied.
"Well, we should all get ready to leave. We're headed toward Kagome's shrine and then to Feudal Japan. Rogue, I want you to go with them. Your powers may be needed," Xavier said.
"Well, I guess I'm gonna get up close and personal with history," Rogue said.
"And what about us?" Kitty asked.
"I need you and Jean to stay here with me and the others, in case we should need to fight off the enemy in this timeline. Besides, I don't feel it's wise to send too many of us to the past. It would have untold effects on the timeline."
"Alright, Professor," Jean replied with a nod.
"Okay, I guess. So what's Kagome's code name?" Kitty asked.
"Deluge," Storm provided, "She is my progeny and I feel it suits her." [pronounced del-uge]
"Deluge...," Kagome repeated, feeling it roll of her tongue, "I like it."
"It does suit her," InuYasha agreed.
The group, consisting of InuYasha, Kagome aka Deluge, Storm, Wolverine, and Rogue, headed toward the X-Jet. Within the hour, they were on their way to Japan and the Higurashi shrine. Kagome exhaled deeply and looked at InuYasha beside her in the jet. He smiled and placed a hand on hers, his golden eyes gazed into hers.
"You did well, Kagome. Or should I call you Deluge?"
Kagome smiled and squeezed his hand.
"Thank you, InuYasha. That means a lot coming from you," she said, "And Kagome is fine."
InuYasha nodded and kept her hand in his throughout the whole flight. Something within him had already decided that he never wanted to let her go. Kagome was his, she just didn't know it yet. His smile widened when she rested her head on his shoulder.
Meanwhile, in Feudal Japan, Mesmero and Chronos arrived and were already gathering shards of the sacred jewel. Mesmero used his powers on lesser demons so that they would willingly give him their shards. He had already acquired 3 pieces. Naraku was observing both newcomers from Kanna's mirror. He was intrigued by their power. If he could persuade this human to join him, it would be to his benefit.
Slowly, but surely the pieces of the puzzle were falling together to Apocalypse's delight. Mesmero would soon have the Shikkon jewel, and he would be free. Naraku's knowledge of powerful humans ahead of time would prove to corrupt the timeline, and the heroes would be days behind his minion, enough time for them to fail. His cold laughter could be heard echoing in the confines of his dark void of a prison.