InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Chilling Fog ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Chilling Fog

Mesmero stood at the forest's edge. He didn't want to take the chance of being discovered for foolishly leaving his cover. He stretched his mind to reach a new pawn to bring him the shards of the Shikkon. He found what he was looking for, a young fox demon. He bade the boy to bring him the jewels. In Kaede's hut, Shippo heard the call of Mesmero. His eyes glazed over as he rummaged through Kagome's bag to retrieve the little glass bottle containing their shards. Kagura noticed and grabbed hold of his shoulder.
"Shippo, what are you doing?"
Shippo said nothing, but turned to her and unleashed an uncharacteristically strong fox fire attack. Kagura was thrown back in shock and pain. Shippo continued on toward the forest to give Mesmero the shards.
Rogue was hovering in the air, amidst a formidable cyclone. She continued to attack her friends as Naraku watched in amusement. Wolverine tried to reach Rogue, using his claws on the ground to help pull himself forward. She noticed, however, and sent an optic blast his way. He was blown up and then back by the winds.
"Rogue! You've got to stop this, kid! Don't you remember me?! Fight it, Rogue! Don't let that maniac control you!!" he screamed.
Rogue's eyes lost their red fire for a split second as she fought to take control of herself. Naraku hindered her by using his bond to keep her conscious mind trapped in the dark abyss of her psyche.
In Rogue's mind, the real Rogue was in a metal cage as those she had absorbed surrounded her. Their memories plagued her, caused her pain. She needed to get out of this prison that Naraku had forced her into. She could see what she was doing to her friends and she became more desperate to gain control. She banged on the cage and screamed in frustration. Naraku appeared in her mind with a malicious smirk.
"You think you can get out of there with mere will?" he asked.
"When I get out of here, Naraku, I'll kill you!" she vowed vehemently.
Naraku's cold laugh echoes in the recesses of her mind.
"You told me to accept the powers and make them a part of me...," she began, "And that's what I've done!"
Optic blasts tore through the metal bars and Rogue flew out, banishing Naraku from her mind with a forceful mental shove. Naraku opened his ruby orbs and growled.
In the air, Rogue lost her concentration and started to scream as all those she had absorbed tried to come to the surface. Without Naraku's control, her mind was chaos. She began to shape shift through the different people she'd absorbed. Her screams made the others' spines tingle. She held her head in her hands as she fell to her knees. Wolverine approached her and held her clothed shoulders.
"Rogue," he spoke.
"L-Logan...," she said, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.
Suddenly, she convulsed and stifled a scream. Her hair turned black and wavy, she became taller, more masculine. Her kimono became a set of embroidered, navy and crimson haori and hakama. She turned ruby orbs up to him and laughed in a manner all too familiar to the InuYasha group. Rogue had become Naraku.
"Well, this is an interesting turn of events," Naraku whispered to himself.
Rogue, as Naraku, immediately thrust her hand through Wolverine's torso, even his adamantium skeleton, and out the other side. Wolverine was in shock, blood poured from his mouth. Her power was incredible, was his final thought as he lost consciousness.
"Logan!" Storm called out in anguish.
"No," Deluge whispered.
Rogue stood and laughed cruelly. Black miasma appeared around them all, causing them all to shield their noses quickly. Naraku was impressed with her display of his power. It gave him an insight as to how he looked to others. He grinned evilly.
"Rogue, stop this!" Miroku called out, "Don't let Naraku win!"
"It's no use, Miroku," InuYasha spoke, "She's absorbed Naraku's mind. She's the enemy now. We have no choice."
"There must be another way," Sango pleaded.
InuYasha grimly bared Tetsusaiga. He charged with a battle cry, only to meet Rogue's powerful miasma. Even through the debilitating fog, he managed to execute a Kaze no Kizu attack. Rogue clutched at her injuries that rapidly healed as she slowly stood up again. She narrowed her eyes at him and InuYasha collapsed in pain, holding his head from the powerful mental attack. She followed up by body slamming the defenseless half demon, sending him flying back and into Miroku. The two boys were temporarily out for the count.
Storm then took up the offensive, throwing everything she had at Rogue. Enormous cyclones, hail, lightning, and rains assaulted Rogue from all sides. She countered them all. Sango, astride Kirara, hurled Hiraikotsu at Rogue as a diversionary tactic. Rogue threw it back using telekinesis. Sango was thrown off Kirara, and groaned in pain. Kirara flew to her mistress in worry.
Deluge commanded the winds to carry the miasma away from the area. Rogue glared at her. Deluge wasted no time, however, using her seismic abilities to cause the ground beneath Rogue to break and catch her feet in the cracks. Rogue growled in outrage. Meanwhile, Deluge closed her eyes and concentrated her purification energy. She knew that it wasn't soon enough to try this, but Kaede had been training her for a purpose. She had to try it, it was the only way to save Rogue.
In an instant, Deluge's eyes snapped open and trained upon Rogue. Putting all her purifying powers in line with her mutant powers, Kagome splayed her hand in the air at Rogue. Her azure orbs turned a light silvery lavender as a bolt of pure lightning rushed at the trapped Rogue, who tried to block it with her own lightning. For a few tense seconds, the two bolts of lightning squared off and Rogue lost her transformation. However, in a burst of energy, Kagome pushed Rogue's lightning back. The pure energy from Kagome hit Rogue fully, sending the young goth back with the intensity of the impact.
The energy washed over Rogue and reached her tortured mind. Where there was chaos, it was now peace. Even as pain wracked her body, she felt relieved. A small smile graced her onyx lips as she drifted to unconsciousness. The mark from Naraku faded from her neck, signifying that the demon influence had been fully purged, and the Shikkon shard floated out of her body and to Deluge.
However, in that instant, an orange flash stole the jewel away from the surprised Deluge. Heads turned toward where the orange blob had landed. Shippo, they all realized. Why would he take the jewel shard? And then, they saw him, Mesmero. Before anyone could do or think, Shippo handed the final shard to the mind bending mutant. Naraku watched with wide eyes as the jewel was finally completed. It glowed a beautiful pink light that suddenly went violet in malice. He laughed to himself, beholding the beauty that was the tainted, full Shikkon jewel.
Mesmero was insanely happy with himself. He nodded to Chronos, who concentrated his powers and transported them back to the future in a flash of white light that blinded the onlookers. Shippo snapped out of his daze and looked around. Why was he here? And why was everyone starring at him?! Kagome fell to her knees in disbelief. Mesmero had completed the jewel and was gone back to the future! They had failed.
Naraku was enraged. He had thought Mesmero would keep his part of the bargain, but it seemed the man had used him. Used him, Naraku! How dare that insolent human! When he found him, he would rip him to shreds, piece by blood piece. InuYasha, Sango, and Miroku were in shock. Storm was by Wolverine's side, choosing to deal with his injuries first and this matter second.
Rogue came to not too long after and held a hand to her head. She looked around and saw Wolverine. In an instant, she knew she had done this to him. It was a good thing he was already healing. Although she didn't know if his adamantium would hinder the healing process. She hoped he would forgive her. Her emerald orbs drifted to Naraku, her brief husband as it were. He looked back at her with disgust. She returned the sentiment and stood up, taking out the hair sticks that held her hair up and using them as darts at Naraku. He caught them and merely laughed at her futile attempts to hurt him.
"We have to go back to the future and stop him!" Kagome suddenly said to InuYasha, and her friends from the future.
"I agree," Storm said, "But Wolverine needs to recover from his injuries."
"I'll be fine, Storm. Let's go, kid," he said.
"The future?" Naraku asked, intrigued.
All eyes snapped to the conniving half demon. Now they had to worry about him possibly going through the well, no doubt he would follow after Kagome's outburst. Sesshomaru, having arrived just before the Shikkon was completed, stepped out into the clearing. His golden eyes locked upon Storm's cerulean orbs. He unsheathed Tokijin and faced Naraku.
"I will hinder this dirty half demon," he spoke, "Go, now."
"You're actually going to help us?" InuYasha asked, in shock.
"Do not question my actions, brother," Sesshomaru said, disdain evident in his use of the familiar term.
"I will stay and help," Storm announced, "Kagome, take InuYasha, Rogue, and Wolverine with you. I'll be there as soon as I can."
"But what if you can't get back?" Kagome asked.
"We'll deal with that later. Just go! I'm counting on you, Kagome."
Kagome nodded and she held onto Rogue as she flew toward the well. InuYasha had Logan on his back as he ran to the well. Meanwhile, Miroku, Sango, Storm, and Sesshomaru faced off against Naraku. Shippo had gone into hiding somewhere. Naraku looked to his opponents with a growl. This was not going the way he planned at all.
Meanwhile, InuYasha, Kagome, Wolverine, and Rogue crossed the barrier between time and space. They quickly exited the well and found the professor had left the X-Jet at the shrine for them. They quickly started it up and left to America. Rogue sat in the seat near Logan and looked at him out of the corner of her eye every once in a while. Logan noticed and growled a bit.
"What it is, Rogue?" he asked, in annoyance.
"I'm sorry, Logan," she replied, "It's just...I'm sorry."
"No need to be sorry, kid. You were practically possessed back there."
Rogue smiled a little.
"Cheer up," Logan continued, laying a hand on her shoulder without thinking.
Surprisingly, nothing happened. Rogue's and Logan's eyes were huge at this revelation. Rogue shakily reached out a hand and touched Logan's cheek, nothing; absolutely nothing occurred. She screamed in joy and threw herself at Logan, who embraced her out of reflex. Kagome and InuYasha watched them from behind, although they soon had to break Rogue out it so that Logan could fly the plane better.
"It must have been your purification powers, Kagome," InuYasha voiced.
"Hai. I think it was. Although, I'm not sure if they really took away her power or if it just helped her to control it."
Rogue heard and walked back to Kagome.
"Thank you," she whispered with tears in her eyes.
"You're welcome," Kagome replied as the young woman hugged her.
InuYasha was becoming uncomfortable from all the touchy feely-ness of the situation and went up front to sit next to Logan, who greeted him with a sharp grunt.
Back in the Sengoku Jidai, Storm was using all of her powers against Naraku. She wouldn't normally be doing this well, however, it helped to have Sesshomaru at her side. Sango and Miroku provided momentary assistance to either of them were it needed. Sesshomaru used Tokijin and his poison claws to attack Naraku. He was fast and vicious. Storm was taking the role of his setter (as in volleyball), she would use her powers to manipulate Naraku's movements and attacks so that Sesshomaru would then step in. They made a great team.
Storm threw a bolt of lightning at Naraku and complimented it with large blocks of hail and ice. Naraku revealed his true form and thrust a pincer like appendage at her, cutting her side. Sesshomaru thrust the Tokijin through the offending appendage, cutting it off from Naraku's chimera body. He continued to defend the wounded Storm, taking the time to actually ask if she was far too injured to fight. Storm denied and took to the skies once again to provide the distraction Sesshomaru needed to widen his advantage. She had to admit to herself that even if he was a demon, he was an attractive one. And even if he held on a mask of indifference to the world, she could tell he was someone warm and caring inside. She'd seen it momentarily in his eyes and couldn't help but be drawn to the demon lord as he was so obviously drawn to her.
Soon enough, Naraku had enough and with a growl of rage and frustration from his dimming energy, disappeared in a cloud of miasma. Sesshomaru watched the cowardly half demon escape and a snarl issued from his throat. Storm landed near him and took a few steps closer.
"Thank you," she spoke regally.
"It was my pleasure to come to the aid of a strong female," he replied smoothly.
Storm raised a brow at the use of the word female as opposed to woman, but said nothing.
"I am Lord Sesshomaru, of the Western lands. And you are?" he continued.
"Ororo," she replied.
"Ororo...it suits you," he smiled, "Ororo, will you do me the honor of becoming my mate?"
"I am flattered, but I cannot. I have my duties in the future that I must attend to. And I cannot stay in the past, nor you stay in the future."
"Then I shall wait for you," he replied.
"Storm, you should go join Kagome in the future," Miroku spoke up, ending the conversation.
"I'm going with you," Sesshomaru stated.
"What?" Sango asked incredulous.
"I wish to help," Sesshomaru stated, "If my idiot half brother can go to the future of this world and be of some help, then I know my help would be appreciated even more so."
"Alright," Storm replied.
"What?!" Miroku said, astonished.
"He is powerful and a valuable ally, Miroku," she replied.
Not waiting to see if he would follow, Storm took to the air and back to the well. Sesshomaru rapidly followed her on his cloud.
"Do you even think the well will allow him through?" Sango asked.
"There's no way of telling. It may not even let Storm through, "Miroku replied.
Storm arrived at the well. She remembered how she and Rogue held onto Kagome to be sure they went through, even with the shards, and waited for Sesshomaru. She hoped that the well would allow her back home, since that is where she belonged. Sesshomaru arrived shortly, his cloud dissipating beneath him as he landed. He walked up to Storm, who offered him her hand.
"You must hold onto me to be sure the well will let you pass," she said.
Sesshomaru simply nodded, and ignored the offered hand in favor of holding onto her waist with his right arm. Storm felt herself blush lightly at the closeness where she would normally feel uncomfortable. She shook off the feelings he caused in her and she made a move to leap into the well. He read her motives and it seemed as if they had leapt in unison.
The blue magic of the well enveloped them both, granting them safe passage into the future. Sesshomaru felt his stomach knot in slight anticipation of the unknown. However, his emotions never once showed on his regal face. His arm did, however, tighten perceptively around Storm's waist. She reassured him with a light squeeze of his hand as the magic faded. It was replaced by horrendous noises and smells that made him feel defensive in this new world. Storm wondered if she had done the right thing to bring someone from the past here; but then again, she remembered InuYasha was also from the past. She wasted no time pondering the issue, however, because they had no time to waste.
"Can you fly us overseas?" she asked.
"I am a demon lord," was his reply.
"Alright. I'll show you the way," she said.



Theme for Rogue's battle: Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

How can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I've become so numb
without a soul
my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I've become

now that I know what I'm without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I've become
(Bring me to life)
I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside
(Bring me to life)
frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I've become

(Bring me to life)
I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside
(Bring me to life)