InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Sandstorm ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A.N.: Sorry about the long delay with this chapter. I have been dealing with the assignments that have been thrust upon me by my professors this semester. I really should be doing some homework now, but I feel guilty about it. So I'm going to go ahead and write this chapter. I would like to thank all of my reviewrs! Keep those reviews coming!

Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Sandstorm

Mesmero left Chronos unconscious in the desert, no longer needing him. He made his way toward the hidden shrine that kept his master prisoner. The sand of the desert pelted his cloak as harsh, hot winds assaulted him. The fully formed Shikkon jewel swirled black with malice in his tattooed hands. He felt its power call to him, call for him to possess the jewel himself, master be damned. However, his servitude to his master was far greater than his baser desires for power. He continued on until he reached the doorway to the shrine. He breathed a sigh of relief. It had taken him great pains and time to gather the full jewel and come back to his master. Now his work was culminating in the wondrous fulfillment he felt toward his master's impending release.

His footsteps echoed in the room as he walked toward a pedestal. He picked up a golden scepter that was laying there and placed the jewel upon the tip of the scepter. The Shikkon fused with it, it's lavender and black glory, glowing a gorgeous crimson. Mesmero felt himself being lulled by its pull once again, but a sharp jab in his mind from his master released him from the tug of the jewel. He had a duty to perform, an incantation to recite that would utilize the jewel's power to open the last door.

Thousands of miles away and closing, a sphere of brilliant light was streaking through the skies at an incredible rate. Within the orb was the lord of the western lands, Sesshomaru, and his chosen mate, Storm. Storm felt strange. The second she had finished telling Sesshomaru where they would be going, the youkai lord had used his magic to transform them into a glowing orb of light. She felt warm and protected. And even though she was essentially light, she could see and hear everything. It was as if she was sharing Sesshomaru's very being while she was in the orb with him. You would think that her phobia of closed in spaces would be causing her fear, however, the orb did not seem like an enclosure. It was incredible. They were currently headed toward Egypt. The professor had contacted her a few minutes after they had appeared back in her time. He had told her of Mesmero's appearance in Egypt. They would have to find him and quickly.
"I sense my half brother is nearby," Sesshomaru's voice echoed in her mind.
"Where?" she asked.
"We shall be catching up to him soon," was the reply.

Several miles ahead of them, the Blackbird was heading in the same direction. Logan had changed course after receiving instructions from Charles. They were expecting the rest of the team to met up with them at preset coordinates in Egypt. Cyclops would be taking the rest of the team in the Velocity. Logan's shoulders were tense. InuYasha sat beside him, mirroring his stiffness and state of alert. Kagome and Rogue sat in the back. Kagome had urged Rogue to try to use her powers by thinking about it. The young goth had complied and they had, thus, learned that Kagome's purification had simply allowed Rogue control over her power. It was still a wonderful discovery.

However, the girls would celebrate later. Now was not the time for such carefree banter. They had a mission to accomplish. They were no where near rested from the last battle with Naraku, however, if they allowed Mesmero to free Apocalypse, who knew what would occur. InuYasha stood up and walked back to the main cabin. He signaled to Rogue, who took his place next to Logan while he sat next to Kagome.
"Kagome...," he began, "This fight...Logan says it's going to be harder than the battle with Naraku. I don't want you to get hurt, so I think you should stay out of it."
"What? But Kaede said it would be me to defeat this Apocalypse," she protested.
"She also said you would die!" InuYasha replied, angrily, "I don't want you fighting, wench! I won't allow you!"
"You won't allow me?!" she argued, "Who are you to tell me what to do?!"
"Someone who cares! Damnit, Kagome, I don't want you to get yourself killed!"
Kagome looked at him in shock. He just said he cared for her right there.

InuYasha ran a hand through his silver mane and sighed. He had to tell her, before he lost the chance. In all the time he and Kagome had been on their quest together, he had grown to care about the girl. And that caring became something that shocked him. He admitted to himself that those feelings of coldness that seeped into his spine whenever she got hurt and that warmth that flooded his soul when she smiled was only thing. It could be only one thing, love. He sighed in frustration at his inability to eloquently say this to her. But he was never good with flowery words. And Kagome did say she liked him as he was, so he plunged in like he would in any battle.
"Kagome, I love you," he said, boldly.

His golden orbs looked courageously into her own, now misting, sapphire spheres. Instead of any answer he could have predicted, Kagome simply hugged him and cried. He started to panic. Why was she crying?!
"Kagome? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry..."
"Shh. It's okay, InuYasha. It's just that...," she trailed off and started again, "I love you too, InuYasha."
At her confession, her cheeks turned a delicious rosy hue and her dark lashes shyly dusted her cheeks. InuYasha smiled at her soft beauty and tilted her head up to look at him. Gold met Sapphire in a sparking of something that had been repressed for so long. Their lips met softly at first, then as hungrily as they had that night at the club that seemed ages ago.

The moment was cut short, however, when a sphere of light broke through a window causing the cabin pressure to drop dramatically. Logan pounded a button in the cockpit that sealed a metal shutter over the window and the cabin pressure normalized. Meanwhile, the orb of light transformed into Sesshomaru and Storm. Logan got up and growled at Sesshomaru menacingly.
"What were you trying to do, idiot?! You could have caused us to lose altitude and crash with a stunt like that!!"
"You corrected the problem did you not?" Sesshomaru asked, stoically.
Logan growled, but Ororo calmed him. She took her place in the cockpit by Logan while Rogue came back to the main cabin.

With the moment ruined, Kagome sighed and urged Rogue to talk to Sesshomaru so she could stay with InuYasha. Sesshomaru was tense, watching Logan's every move. He caught the same look coming from Logan every once in a while and realized the wolf like mutant had an interest in the power absorber near him. He relaxed knowing that the mutant would try nothing with his intended mate since he had one of his own.

Coming from a different direction all together, but still headed toward the same coordinates, was the Velocity. Scott, Jean, Kitty, Kurt, Evan, and Professor Xavier were the occupants of the craft. The Professor and Scott served as the pilots while the others sat in the back. Tension filled the Velocity as they neared the preset coordinates. Xavier broke the silence.
"Storm and InuYasha's brother have met up with the Blackbird. We should all be arriving in a few hours. Let us hope it is in time."
Kitty held Kurt's hand for reassurance. She felt a little nervous about this, as did he. Jean looked out the window, trying to keep a calm outlook. It wouldn't do to lose her composure when such an important battle was looming before them.

Mesmero stood before the final door, scepter in hand. He chanted an ancient spell over and over as the jewel began to glow even more brightly. Both the jewel and door began to glow crimson as he continued to chant.
"Oomo guey wai fai shui sao...oomo guey wai fai shui sao..."