InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Sandstorm Part 2 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A.N.: Sorry for the late update. Life happens and it's not exactly pleasant and keeps you from doing what you really want to do; especially school! So...sorry. And you may all thank Vorsith for leaving that review that kinda kicked me into this latest chapter. See? I listen to you all...

Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

last time on FWW...

Mesmero stood before the final door, scepter in hand. He chanted an ancient spell over and over as the jewel began to glow even more brightly. Both the jewel and door began to glow crimson as he continued to chant.
"Oomo guey wai fai shui sao...oomo guey wai fai shui sao..."

Sandstorm Part 2

Mesmero felt the power of the jewel drawing from his very life force. He began to perspire heavily as he continued to chant. The final door began to shake tremendously, debris fell from the top of the door; but nothing happened. Mesmero could feel Apocalypse ordering him to try harder. It seemed the jewel was resisting his desires. But why was that? It's not like he was making a ridiculous wish, he just wanted to use the jewel's power.

The Blackbird landed at the foot of a rocky structure, the Velocity soon joined it. The X-Men and Feudal group exited the aircraft and prepared to go in. It was decided that all would go in, to increase their chances in case Apocalypse were to be released. They levitated, flew, or teleported up to the mouth of the cave and went in. Before them stood Mesmero, he was outlined in a deep lavender aura. The Shikkon jewel was slowly turning blacker and blacker. The door was shaking and more debris was being dislodged from around the door.

They quickly took action. Cyclops blasted the scepter from Mesmero's hand and Jean held him up in the air with her power. Mesmero struggled and the scepter on the floor shook and rattled, then flew back into his waiting hand. Mesmero laughed evilly and pointed the scepter at them all. Cyclops and Jean held their heads in pain, as did Sesshomaru and Shadowcat. InuYasha, Kagome, Professor Xavier, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Storm wondered what was going on. It became all too clear as Jean used her power upon Storm. The wind rider was thrown back to the wall of the cave. Sesshomaru lunged at InuYasha with his poisonous claws steaming green liquid. Shadowcat body slammed Rogue, and Cyclops blasted Wolverine and then Nightcrawler. Kagome and Professor Xavier saw this in shock. The Professor immediately began to try to battle Mesmero's control, but the jewel was giving the mutant amplified power.

It seemed as though Mesmero was using the power of the jewel to both control his puppets and still force the door open, for it was shaking even harder than before and it slowly descended an inch. Kagome saw this and realized she was the only one not occupied at the moment. She threw a bolt of purifying energy at Mesmero and he dodged it, pointing the scepter at her. Kagome gasped in pain and fell to her knees. He was trying to gain control over her. She wouldn't let him! She wasn't some weak girl anymore! She was an X-Men and the protector of the Shikkon jewel! She wouldn't let him.

Kagome slowly stood up, fighting the intensifying pain in her head. She held her hand out toward the scepter and concentrated. That jewel was once a part of her, perhaps it would heed her call. Her body gained a faint pink aura of pure energy. The jewel's blackness began to lighten. Mesmero roared in outrage. The evil within the jewel had completely taken over his mind and he knew only the rage of the demons within the Shikkon. Kagome's aura brightened and the jewel began to melt the gold around it. Mesmero turned his attention to Rogue.

The young goth took a hit to her midsection from Shadowcat, when suddenly she realized Kitty wasn't attacking her anymore. In that one instant of realization, she looked up to see Mesmero staring straight at her. She fell to her knees in pain as her mind was taken over once again. Why can't a girl have a break?! That was her last thought before her mind was locked away as her body fell to the commands of Mesmero. She ran at Kagome and tried to absorb her power. Kagome realized what Mesmero had done and dodged the attack. The two girls fought hand to hand as Mesmero concentrated upon the door once again.

The Professor had realized he could not attack Mesmero's mind directly, so he was working on freeing his students one at a time. His brow glistened with perspiration. Mesmero's hold was stronger than ever before, and he knew it was because of the jewel. With a gasp, he retreated from Jean's mind. Jean fell to her knees and held her aching head. She gave the Professor a small smile of gratitude as did Storm. With one student freed, Xavier then took on the arduous task to free another. He just hoped his current exhaustion wouldn't impede his work. It had taken so much just to free Jean.
"I'll help, Professor," Jean offered.
"No, Jean. It's too much for you," Xavier replied.
"But you can't do this alone, Professor," Jean reasoned.
"I must."

Kagome threw Rogue back with a large bolt of lightening. Rogue's head hit the rocky wall and she fell, unconscious. Kagome immediately went to her side to make sure she was all right. No matter what, Rogue was still a friend. Xavier retreated from Rogue's mind just in time. He hoped the teen would be fine when she awoke.

Meanwhile, InuYasha and Sesshomaru had taken their fight outside. The two demons were battling like never before. InuYasha was forced to draw Tetsusaiga on his brother. He grimaced when he saw the red bleed into Sesshomaru's vacant eyes. This battle would prove to be unlike any he had ever faced. Sesshomaru practically flew at his brother with his speed, his sharp claws dripping with green poison. His demon blood was flowing hotly through his veins, calling for him to transform and kill the insolent whelp that dared to think he could fight against the demon lord of the west. Yet, he could feel something wasn't right. Why was he fighting InuYasha? There was something out of place, yet he could not stop his own actions. He could not stop the sudden surge of rage in his blood. It was such an exhilarating feeling really. The feel of the demon blood pumping through his heart at an accelerated rate, the tight coiling of his muscles, the winds of his power caressing him, it was a sublime seduction for the demon lord. And he simply did not want to stop the sensation.

Wolverine and Cyclops were fighting hand to hand. The veteran was trying his hardest not to hurt his student too bad, but he knew he couldn't really hold back. Hitting the teen in the gut with enough power to render him breathless, he gave the signal to Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler teleported behind Cyclops and managed to finally get a hold of the boy. He struggled to hand on tight as Cyclops tried to shake him off. He quickly teleported outside, about 12 feet off the ground and let Cyclops go. He then quickly teleported back into the cave so he too wouldn't fall. Cyclops fell to the hard ground, the wind being knocked out of him. He groaned and struggled to stand. His head ached, but he knew what had happened. He rushed to make it back to the cave, but his sudden clarity only lasted so long. His eyes were once again vacant as he headed back to do Mesmero's bidding.

Kagome once again turned her attention to Mesmero and retrieving the jewel. The door had descended two more feet in the time it had taken her to disable Rogue. A blinding light was spilling from from the increasing gap in the door. Kagome flew at Mesmero top speed. The mutant stared at her hard and Kagome collapsed in great mental pain. She cried out and held her head. Xavier used his abilities to shield Kagome, taking the brunt of the pain himself. He panted in pain as Mesmero stopped the assault. Wolverine lunged at Mesmero with claws outstretched. The mutant simply gave Wolverine the same treatment as Kagome. Wolverine stood in place, grunting as he held his head. He took painful steps toward Mesmero, trying desperately to stop him despite the pain.

Cyclops entered the cave once gain, and Mesmero turned his full attention to the door and as it swiftly and smoothly slid all the way down, receding into the floor inch by inch. With his attention fully on this task, those under his control were freed. They all watched in silent horror, knowing they could not stop it. Sesshomaru and InuYasha burst into the cave at once, sporting cuts and blood. InuYasha cursed as he saw the door only lacked a few inches to be completely opened. Sesshomaru growled. This couldn't be it. They couldn't have failed. Apocalypse could not be free.
"It seems as though we are too late," Sesshomaru growled, "Prepare yourself, little brother, this promises to be a hard battle."
"No shit," InuYasha muttered.
"This can't be happening," Kagome whispered, having given up on gaining the jewel at this point, "How could we lose?"
"We haven't lost yet, kid," Wolverine spoke, "We just have another battle now."