InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Approaching Storm ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A.N.:
Vorsith: For the love of Pecan Pie!!! *cries... lightbulb!* Oh, Vorsith? I have someone who'd like to talk to you. *Grandpa Higurashi comes into the room* Mr. Higurashi! Vorsith here would love to hear about ancient legends! I'll leave you two to get acquainted. *snickers as she slips away to type the next chapter* Really, I'm just teasing. I love your reviews, Vorsith! Just gimme some time! Five days between chapters at the very least!

Elyndewen Startree: a) just the three, b) as close as I can get it, and c) definitely

depressed-girl001: I'm planning for 6 chapters after this one.

Umi Mikazuki: Looks like you get your cameo. But I'm making a few changes as is my right as author. You'll be surprised.

Jakotsu-aniki: They didn't really die....

Suzuko, Jupiter's Light and AssassinReiX: Thanx! ^-^


Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Approaching Storm

Scott turns on the television as he sits down for breakfast. He practically spits out his coffee at what was on the early morning news. This wasn't good, at all.
"....And in other news, a mysterious dome has appeared in Egypt seemingly overnight. The Egyptian government is baffled by it's appearance. Already, the military in Egypt have begun observing the dome for any sort of hostile intentions. It is believed that this may be the first true alien encounter...."
"Logan! Jean!" Scott calls.
"Scott? Scott, what is it?" Jean's telepathic response comes.
"It's Apocalypse," he replies, relaying all he heard to her.

It doesn't take long for the entire mansion to be alerted of the matter. Sesshomaru stands from his seat and regards the younger X-Men stoically.
"Your training with me begins now. If you are not ready, then do not bother to waste this Sesshomaru's time with your pathetic presence."
He glides gracefully toward the elevator, heading toward the Danger room. Scott raises a brow in surprise.
"Oh man! And I thought Wolverine was bad!" Kurt whines.
"Well, what are you kids waitin' for? And invitation?" Logan asks, "You better get down to the Danger room and quick. Sesshomaru's temper is not somethin' you wanna mess with, right InuYasha?"
"Keh! I'd run if I were you," InuYasha replies.
The X-Men's eyes widen and they quickly run, knowing each of them is expected to learn from the demon lord.
"You two are horrible," Kagome speaks up.
"Did you think that excludes you, Kagome?" InuYasha smirks.
"Huh?! You're kidding right?"
"Nope. You'd better hurry, kid," Logan smirks as well.
Kagome's eyes widen.
"But...SESSHOMARU!!"
"That's why you should hurry," InuYasha responds.
Kagome gasps and takes off in a burst of speed that leaves InuYasha and Wolverine with raised eyebrows.

Elsewhere and several days later, a man in a crimson suit and striking platinum hair sits before a large monitor. His hands form an inverted V before his lips. Deep lines of worry mar the space between his brows at what he's witnessing. Already the military of Egypt had tried to bomb the dome, only to be defeated by the power of Apocalypse.
"Something must be done," he thinks.
Magneto knows this was to be a battle between the higher evolutionaries, as he likes to term himself. He prepares himself to face Apocalypse, creating an orb of metal as his form of transport.

The Blackbird lands softly by the dome. Beast had suggested they at least try to get some information about it. The military there seemed hesitant to allow them access since they were mutants. However, they were allowed some time to take their readings. Yet, even in that time, they could find nothing because their efforts were thwarted by the power of the dome. Beast had to remind everyone to make sure they were not making any hostile moves. But his efforts were in vain as the metallic orb of Magneto came into view.
"Oh no, just what we need," Beast mutters.
"Magneto," Wolverine hisses.
"Who is this Magneto?" Sesshomaru asks.
"Long story, Sesshomaru," Wolverine replies.
"Then perhaps it is best you inform me when we return to the mansion."
"Here's a quick version for ya, Sesshomaru," InuYasha butted in, "Magneto is Xavier's ex-best friend and now enemy. He's one powerful mutant and very aggressive. Which means him being here is not a good thing."
"It figures it would take someone simple to say it simply," Sesshomaru smirks.
InuYasha growls at his elder brother.
"Not now, you two!" Kagome scolds, "Magneto is attacking!"

Sure enough, they turned to witness Magneto hurling huge chunks of metal at the dome. They also saw incoming satellites that exploded greatly upon impact with the dome. This, however, only served to irritate Apocalypse into coming out of the dome. The great mutant calmly raised a hand and soon Magneto had disappeared in the same burst of light as the other before him. His surprised scream echoed even as Apocalypse sank back into the protection of the dome. The X-Men and others were left astonished at the display of pure power.

In another corner of the globe, the unthinkable is happening. A shaky hand signs a paper, regretfully. Did they really have no other choice but this? A triumphant smirk awaits the man as he looks up. There should have been more choices! An eye narrows from the corner of the room. The owner of the single eye leaves, knowing whom he must visit and why. Perhaps they could be of better assistance than his own superiors.

By this time, the X-Men and InuYasha group are back at the mansion, trying to formulate the plan to stop the evil mutant. This time it's Kurt who turns on the television.
"Yet another dome has appeared, this time in China. Scientists are baffled by the domes and cannot come to agreement on their origin or source of power. World governments are reacting by the immediate build up of military power. The United States' army has gone over seas to aid China in their efforts to eradicate the dome..."
"Another one?" Kurt asks.
"This is, like, getting really overwhelming," Kitty responds.
"We can't lose hope," Kagome speaks up, "No matter what. We need to get stronger and I'm sure we'll defeat him. Everyone has a weakness!"
"Yes, and all we have to do is expose it and use it to our advantage," Scott adds.

~*/|\*~

Feudal Japan....

"Miroku! Watch out!" Sango warns as a tentacle slices through the air toward the monk.
Miroku leaps out of the way, already breathing hard from the battle. His robes are torn and his face is smudged with dirt and blood. He spares a quick glance at Sango who is only marginally better off. It didn't take long for Naraku to realize that InuYasha and Kagome were gone. And to top Naraku's cake, Sesshomaru was also gone. The evil half demon only had to contend with two puny humans. He was ecstatically happy, which was a very bad thing when coupled with his demonic insanity.

Naraku continued to toy with the silly humans. Certainly, he was weakened from his loss of the jewel. But he was still far superior in power to the monk and slayer. His sharp eyes pick out a tuff of orange fur, hiding in the bushes. His evil smirk turns into an all out insane grin. His eyes flash crimson as a particularly sharp tentacle buries itself in the bushes, flushing out the small fox demon.

Shippo jumps out of the bushes to avoid the tentacle with a pronounced 'eep!' spewing from his mouth. His eyes widen in fear and shock as they see Naraku's attention on him. He begins to quiver in fear, where was Kagome?! Where was InuYasha?! He wanted more than anything for that annoying dog demon to be back there, barking at him and protecting him. But he was practically alone. Sango and Miroku were otherwise occupied. Kirara was helping Sango. And he? He was alone and very vulnerable to Naraku's attack. He barely had time to register the sharp tentacle as it flew at him. He dimly heard a feminine scream before he felt the collision of a body on top of him. His little green eyes popped open as he realized that Sango had saved him. She had made it in time to take the blow meant for him.

The demon exterminator struggled to catch her breath as her life blood poured from her abdominal wound. She could never forgive herself if anything happened to Shippo while Kagome was away. She knew how much like a son he was to the young priestess. She coughs, tasting the bitter, metallic tang of her blood. Her once ivory teeth are adorned with ruby liquid that drips out of the corner of her lips. Blackness and icy cold want to claim her. She is too tired. Her lids are so heavy. Surely a little rest isn't bad, is it? Yes, she would sleep. She needed sleep. She embraced it.

Miroku screams out her name in shock. She couldn't be dead! He wouldn't allow it! He..she...they were supposed to get married and have children. That was his dream. No, Naraku wouldn't not take that from him as well. He charges at the half demon alone, uncovering his air void in his desperation. The void begins to pull in everything it is directed at, including Naraku's poisonous insects. But Miroku doesn't care, he cares only to protect Sango. Even through the biting pain, he persists. Naraku could see the desperation in the monk's eyes. He knew the monk would not stop until he, Naraku, was sucked into the void. He opted to allow them reprieve. He knew he could kill them at any time now. With a final smirk, Naraku disappears in a veil of charcoal miasma.

Miroku collapses and painfully drags himself next to Sango.
"Sango? Sango, please, can you hear me?" he rasps.
Sango does not stir from her deep slumber. Miroku struggles to push the slayer off of Shippo who is struggling to breath. The little kit immediately stands up, a worried look on his face.
"It's my fault," Shippo whispers.
"No, Shippo," Miroku replies, hoarsely, "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for what Naraku has done."
Soon, Miroku's energy depletes. Shippo panics momentarily and then makes a run for the village. He would get help. He wouldn't let any of his new family die!

Shippo runs, the wind whipping through his hair and ripping it out of his ponytail. His orange locks flutter in the wind as he picks up speed, driven by his own desperation to save them. As he runs by, leaves and other small materials are blown away as if by a cyclone. Demonic powers long hidden by his childish demeanor begin to surge through his veins, bidding him faster. His eyes flash a dangerous crimson. He feels himself at the precipice of his first transformation to his true demon state. His face elongates and his hands and feet move together on the ground as his body becomes more toned and muscular. Fur covers the length of him, a glorious orange carpet that glistens in the sunlight. Shippo the fox demon, in his full demon glory, bounds through the forest with only one goal in mind; save Sango and Miroku. He must bring Kaede and some villagers to them and save them at all costs.