InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Fair Weather - Epilog ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Review Responses
Jupiter's Light: I posted, I posted!! I'm still deliberating the sequel though. I have no ideas for one so it's up the air for now.
Elyndewen Startree: No, Kagome's body was completely gone, so Sesshomaru couldn't revive her. I think I even put that in the last chapter...
Big Splash: Yes, he is! But that's why we all love him! Love to make fun of him, that is.
tansy: Wow! You're in the running for my longest review to date!! I'm glad that you enjoyed this fic and that you were willing to take the time out to 'catch up' in your review. I'm also glad that my writing had the desired effect. ^-^ Thank you so much for the review!
Dark lil Hiei: I thought about your review...and made some plan changes just for you.
Aj-sama: I updated! Hope you like the chapter!
Danta: Epilog is here!! If you thought that last chapter was emotional...check out this one!!


Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Fair Weather - Epilog

The wind blew harshly over the land making the grass bow to its very whim. Fluffy ivory clouds adorned the calming azure of the sky. While the temperature was chilly, it was rather pleasant to the silver haired woman as she tended to her garden. She worried for her student who was in the past. They had left only yesterday, but already she had a deep sense of foreboding. She jumped as a pair of warm hands touched her shoulders. She looked up, not expecting whom she saw. Her eyes widened in recognition of the man who's ageless beauty was the subject of the prior night's fantasy.
"Sesshomaru," she breathed.
"I have waited for you for 500 years, Ororo. I have come to reclaim you as my mate," he whispered.
Not giving her much time to think about anything, Sesshomaru tilted Storm's face up and placed a lingering kiss upon her lips. A low purr of contentment radiated from his very being. It had been too damn long since he had seen her, tasted her ambrosial lips and basked in her warmth. Storm melted into his embrace and he tangled the fingers of his left hand - regrown yet again - in her silver tresses.

A small cough from behind the couple roused them from their bliss. Sesshomaru pulls away from the kiss and, with an annoyed sigh, motions for the other to come forth. A young woman with waist length black hair and overly bright emerald colored eyes steps out from the shadows in the greenhouse. Upon closer inspection, the young woman was revealed to have fangs, claws, and actively twitching fox ears perched upon her head.
"Who's this?"
"Storm, I would like you to meet my...granddaughter, Umi. She is the descendant of Kagome's adopted son, Shippo, and my charge, Rin. It seems the mutant genes in her activated what would have otherwise been a dormant demon gene. I have brought her here for tutelage."
"Hello, Umi. Tell me, what is your gift?"
"Hello. Well, I control water and I can shape shift just a little bit."
"I'm sure you will get along just fine with everyone else."
Storm ushered Umi and Sesshomaru into the mansion.
"You must tell me how the battle with Naraku ended," Storm requested.
"Very well. If you would prefer we can gather everyone involved and I will tell the priestess' tale."

Several thousand miles away at approximately the same time, a young brown haired young man with bright violet eyes took a deep breath. He slowly began his ascent on the long stairway that will lead him to the Higurashi shrine. Being the first born son of the Taihou family it fell to him to carry out this instruction from his ancestors. In his hand was a precious bundle, an old leather bound book wrapped in wolf furs. He finally reached the top of the stairs and gulped loudly. Taking a deep breath, the young man straightened his back and took the final steps to the front door of the house on the shrine grounds. He knocked and waited. A woman with curly black hair cropped around her face opened the door.
"Mrs. Higurashi?"
"Yes, how may I help you?"
"My name is Ryou Taihou. I have come here to fulfill my family's mission that has passed down through the centuries. I have come on this prophesied day to hand you this."
Mrs. Higurashi's brow showed her confusion as she accepted the bundle of fur. She opened it and gasped upon seeing the worn title on the cover of the crudely made book.
"The Tale of Kagome and InuYasha...," she whispered, "by Miroku Taihou. Illustrated by Shippo Inutaisho."
The young man bowed and ran off.
"Wait! I didn't even thank him...," Mrs. Higurashi whispered.
She walked to the living room and sat on the couch. She was both afraid of what the book would hold and eager to read it.
"Sota! Grandpa!"
Said individuals made it to the living room to see Mrs. Higurashi holding back tears.
"It's about Kagome," she said, showing them the book.
"Would you like me to read it, sweetheart?" Grandpa asked.
"Yes, please...I just can't, dad..."
Grandpa Higurashi cleared his throat and with a withered hand, opened to the first page of the worn book.
"Her name was Higurashi Kagome. Hers is a story full of strength, love, and betrayal. But most of all, it is a story of courage and must be told for generations to come. It began on the eve of her 15th year…"
The family of three avidly listened to, or in grandpa's case read, the tale of Kagome's adventures in Feudal Japan.

Kagura stood in the middle of the field where Kagome had died so valiantly, tears leaking from her eyes. She took a shuddering breath. She was desperate and saddened. As her tear fell to the earth, a brilliant pink light flowed from the dirt. A round sphere of light melted through the earth and floated before Kagura.
"The jewel," she whispered, cupping her hands under it, "It's still pure?"
The jewel fell into her hands and she caressed it wonderingly.
"All of this heartache and death...just for you. Kagome did not deserve to die, but a woman of my sins...I wish I could take her place."
The jewel glowed brilliantly and Kagura found herself in an orb of opaque pink light. Silver lights began to form and converge upon each other before her. When the silver light died down, Kagome's spirit stood before her.
"Kagura...I forgive you for everything you did to me. You don't need to do this," Kagome whispered beseechingly.
"Kagome, they need you more than me. You deserve happiness for everything you've had to endure in this life."
Kagome cried silently and closed her eyes in acceptance.
"Thank you, Kagura," she whispered.
Kagura cried as well and smiled.
"Live, Kagome," she said, leaning forward.
Kagura's lips touched Kagome's igniting a brilliant spark of magic. As the kiss continued, Kagura looked more transparent and Kagome looked more solid until at last Kagura pulled back. Kagome looked down at herself in awe, she was alive. Kagura smiled softly at Kagome.
"Good bye, Lady Kagome."
"Good bye, Lady Kagura."
Kagura's spirit disappeared and the orb of light burst, leaving Kagome alone in the clearing. The breeze caressed her nude form and swept away silvery tears as they were shed.
"Kagome?" came a whisper from the forest.
She turned toward the voice and smiled.
"I came...the jewel...you're alive...I thought I'd lost your forever..."
Tears trailed down his cheeks and he rushed forward, hugging her nude form to him tightly.
"Don't ever leave me again, Kagome," he whispered harshly, "Never!!"
"I promise, InuYasha. I'll be with you always."
InuYasha sniffed and looked deep into her equally tear filled eyes and laughed. He hugged her once again and kissed her deeply, clothing her with his haori. The wind swept their hair toward the west, onyx and silver blending together harmoniously.

Madonna - "Die Another Day"

I'm gonna wake up, yes and no
I'm gonna kiss some part of
I'm gonna keep this secret
I'm gonna close my body now

I guess, die another day
I guess, die another day
I guess, die another day
I guess, die another day

I guess I'll die another day
[Another day]
I guess I'll die another day
[Another day]
I guess I'll die another day
[Another day]
I guess I'll die another day

Sigmund Freud
Analyze this
Analyze this
Analyze this

I'm gonna break the cycle
I'm gonna shake up the system
I'm gonna destroy my ego
I'm gonna close my body now

Uh, uh

I think I'll find another way
There's so much more to know
I guess I'll die another day
It's not my time to go

For every sin, I'll have to pay
I've come to work, I've come to play
I think I'll find another way
It's not my time to go

I'm gonna avoid the cliché
I'm gonna suspend my senses
I'm gonna delay my pleasure
I'm gonna close my body now

I guess, die another day
I guess I'll die another day
I guess, die another day
I guess I'll die another day

I think I'll find another way
There's so much more to know
I guess I'll die another day
It's not my time to go

Uh, uh

(Laugh)

I guess, die another day
I guess I'll die another day
I guess, die another day
I guess I'll die another day

Another day
(repeat six times)



Author's Note: Wow! *sniff* I actually cried when I wrote this chapter. Such fluffiness!! I honestly have no clue how I'm going to make a sequel for you guys!! I have no ideas at the moment at all! I'm upset about something though. I invited a good amount of people to the after fanfic party and only one of you RSVP-ed!!! >.< You know who you are! And I know you read the chapter because you reviewed!! But it seems like you didn't read my note!!! That's so frustrating...there's a purpose for notes ya know... Ah well...we'll just go on without you!

FWW After fanfic party!

Elysian: Hello, everyone and welcome to the after fanfic party! Unfortunately some of our party goers couldn't join us, but that's all right! Vorsith and I are having much fun! Right, Vorsith?

Vorsith2002: Yes we are, our goal tonight is break our previous record of having cops come out here to break it up! Our old record is 12 times before a single arrest!

Elysian: *laughs* Well, I dunno about that...

Kouga: Hey, Elysian, when are ya gonna write a fanfic about me?

Elysian: I don't really know. *shrug*

InuYasha: Hey, Kouga! Stop bothering the author will ya?!

Kouga: Keh! Stupid, dog turd, leave me alone! Hey, Vorsith I heard you cook a mean steak...

Vorsith2002: Actually, no.... Im very inept at cooking. My talents lie more along the lines of property damage and collecting stray youkai. See, I collected Jinenji! *Gestures to Huge youkai that has his head stuck through the roof due to his height.* I told him not to stand up straight...

Kouga: Well, then, let me introduce you to my sister, Sango. Yo, Sango! Get over here!

Sango: Yes, Kouga? Oh! Hello, Vorsith!

Vorsith2002: Hmmm this could make a great partnership! You exterminate the psycho ones Eyes Naraku..., Ill collect all the rest!! *Looks over at Inu holding hands with Kagome* Is he a stray, Sango?

Sango: *laughs, then stage whispers* Well, I guess you could say he used to be. But I'd say he's a leashed puppy right now...

InuYasha: I heard that!!

Kagome: InuYasha, calm down! Jinenji! It's so good to see you!

Vorsith2002: Well to be honest with you on my way over here, there were two stray youkai together, but I was only able to grab this one. *Unslings, wriggling cursing bag from shoulder.* See? I think he may be a frog or some kind of salamander...

Jaken: *gasps* Lord Sesshomaru! Save this lowly Jaken!!

Sesshomaru: Jaken.

Jaken: Yes, Lord Sesshomaru! *toddles over*

Rogue: Oh no...that green thang's alive?!

Vorsith2002: Wait!! I collected him already....Wait a minute....Your the one that got away!!

Kitty: Like, ew! Who'd want a toad like him around?

Vorsith2002: Im practicing...Youkai collecting is a delicate art! You have to study the different kind...feed them the right foods.

Sesshomaru: Again, I feel I must ask how it I was convinced to attend a mortal gathering...

Vorsith2002: Because you took some of my cds with you....

Sesshomaru: This Sesshomaru does not listen to human music. *glares down at Vorsith*

Vorsith2002: *Eyes Sesshoumaru* Then why are my 50 cent cds missing?

Rin: Sesshomaru-sama! Look at this flat circle thing! See the head dress? It makes pretty music!

Vorsith2002: and my Bob Denver

Sesshomaru: Rin. What have I told you about stealing?

Vorsith2002: and my Celine Dion...

Rin: Rin is sorry, Sesshomaru-sama. *puppy dog pout*

Vorsith2002: and my Barbara Streisand

Rin: *hands Vorsith back the cd player and all the cds* I'm sorry Vorsith-sama.

Vorsith2002: Don't hide behind a child! There was long white hair caught on my headphones!!

InuYasha: Quit your whining, woman! Sesshomaru may be a bastard but he don't lie! *ears twitch revealing a small bald spot on one furry ear*

Vorsith2002: Oooohhhh so its yours then?

InuYasha: Eh?! *sputters* No way I'd listen to such sappy music!

Vorsith2002: What? Since when is Metallica and Anthrax sappy? Never mind! We are here to celebrate!

Kurt: That's the spirit!

Sango: A demon! Hiraikotsu!

Kurt: Augh! *poof* That almost killed me!!

Cyclops: Whoa! Calm down, Sango! That's just Kurt's mutation.

Sango: *blushes* Forgive me, Kurt.

Vorsith2002: Is everyone here yet?

Kurt: *weak laugh* Right, no problem...

Jean: Some are still coming in. Scott and I just got here with the Professor.

*the house shakes*

Miroku: The world is ending!! *grope grope*

Jean: Ah! Pervert! *slams him to the wall with her telekenetic powers*

Elysian: What's going on?! Who said my yard was a parking spot for large jet planes?!

*door slams open and a brooding Wolverine enters*

Professor: Logan, what seems to be the matter?

Logan: Sabertooth...idiot wanted to crash the party. Took him for a little ride up to the artic. *grins*

Vorsith2002: Well, it looks like just about everyone is here... but now I'm confused as to which ones a youkai

Miroku: It is quite simple to tell. Youkai's will either have pointed ears or animal like ears. If that doesn't help, then feel their auras.

Sango: And just what auras are you talking about, monk?

Vorsith2002: Feel them? On a first date?

Miroku: Ah, Vorsith...you understand me well. *lecherous grin*

Sango: *twitch twitch, WHAM*

Miroku: @.@

Vorsith2002: oooohhh, that hadda hurt

Sango: *drags Miroku by the foot while muttering*

Vorsith2002: Why does this punch taste funny?

Shippo: *poofs onto Vorsith's shoulder* Rin and I made it!

Sesshomaru: *eyes Shippo suspiciously*

Rin: *runs over to him* Shippo-chan!

Vorsith2002: This tastes kinda like Kool-aid...with radishes in it? Shippou!! Are you a stray youkai?

Rin: *smiles proudly* Yup! Kagome says vegetables make little girls grow up strong!

Shippou: No! I'm adopted! *puffs his chest out proudly* Kagome's my momma now!

Kagome: *walks over and takes Shippo off of Vorsith's shoulder* Sorry about that, I think I gave him too much chocolate today...

*BANG BANG SHOUTING*

InuYasha: NO WAY!

Ginta: Yeah...sure, InuYasha.

InuYasha: Grr...I am NOT overcompensating for anything!!!

Kouga: Then why do you have to have such a big sword, huh?

InuYasha: *red from anger* Kaze no...

Kagome: InuYasha, sit!

InuYasha: Oof! Wench!!!

Vorsith2002: *Walks over to Inu Yasha* Say Inu.... tell me where to find some stray youkai and I'll remove the necklace...

InuYasha: Feh! Nice try. Kagome's the only one that can remove this damn thing cuz she's the one who said the subduing spell! *grumbles*

Storm: *enters and spots Sesshomaru*

Sesshomaru: *glides over his mate and proceeds to take her to a secluded corner for an impromptu make out session*

Rogue: Ugh! Get a room!!

Jaken: If you promise not to molest this Jaken again I can tell you where to find a stray youkai...

Vorsith2002: You know what? Im going to go back to my old hobby. Wait a minute...where? I didnt molest you!!! I'll have you know Im not that kind of psycho!!

Jaken: *ignores Vorsith* In the forest of darkness beyond the chasm of despair, deep in the heart of the eastern provinces. There are a band of strays there...gypsies! You can have the lot of those low class youkai!

Vorsith2002: I have gypsies on my planet....I want something unique! *Stomps of to the bar and sits. Kouga's wolves cluster around looking for steaks* Here guys, I didnt forget you...

Sesshomaru: *approaches Vorsith* This Sesshomaru has had enough of your incessant rantings for strays. *gestures to a tall purple ogre* I have brought Goshinki back to life for you.

InuYasha: Goshinki! *growls*

Kagome: *screams* He...he...has no head!!

Vorsith2002: I put a roof over your head and this is how you repay me!?!?

Storm: Sesshomaru is there something you aren't telling me?

Vorsith2002: Storm, it was entirely platonic!! Nothing happened! I swear!! *Hides behind Goshinki's headless body*

Storm: Hmn...*small crackle of lightening outside* Stay away from my man. *smirks and walks off with Sesshomaru*

Vorsith2002: Try to do something nice for someone... *Wolves howl sympathetically* Did anyone see where shippou and rin went? this punch is starting to grow on me...

Two blurs run past at that moment.

Rin & Shippo: Sugar! Sugar! Sugar! Sugar! Sugar!

Kouga: Oh great. The brats are sugar high.

Vorsith2002: Oh...I dont think thats a good thing...Shippou had a monkey wrench in one hand...

InuYasha: *screams out in pain* Shippo!!!

Shippo: *runs past Vorsith again* Ahhhh!!!

Vorsith2002: Nope, not a good thing...I think I'll go outside and see if Inu catches him...

InuYasha: Come back here, you little runt! *catches up to Shippo and bops him on the head several time*

Shippo: Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! *growls and eyes go read*

Vorsith2002: Really not a good thing...

InuYasha: *runs back into the party* Ahhh!!

Shippo: *runs after him and bites him on the butt*

InuYasha: *painfilled scream, running around with the transformed Shippo attached to his butt*

Kagome: *sweat drops*

Vorsith2002: I didnt bring a freakin' camcorder! What is wrong with me!! This could have been blackmail material for years to come!

Elysian: This is getting out of hand! *laughs*

Vorsith2002: Ive always wanted to see the X-jet. Wanders outside to admire the jet neatly parked in Elysian's back yard. Uh-oh... I think I know what Shippou was doing with the monkey wrench before he came in...

Elysian: Oh boy...Logan's not going to like this...And look what he did to my yard!!! This isn't going to be pretty so let's just let the readers use their imaginations...good bye, everyone! Thanks again for your reviews and all your support!!!