InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Monsoon ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: I know it's been a very long time, much apologies for that. I was actually contemplating never finishing this fic because I had simply lost interest. I haven't been able to find any motivation or inspiration at all. But after reading Vorsith's latest review, looking at my last update date, and frankly realizing how close to ending I really am, I relented. So for all of you, especially Vorsith, I extend my apologies and this latest installment to Feudal Weather Witch. I also want to thank you all for your reviews. You'll please pardon me for not responding to you all this time, I want to get to the story while I'm marginally inspired.
Also, I had one lovely flammer that pointed out that the Rogue/Logan relationship was inappropriate due to age factor. I would just like to say this. If that person has ever read the Marvel Comics X-Men, they would see a similar relationship between Rogue and Magneto. Yes, Magneto. So I don't think I did any worse really. The same person also attacked my approach to Kagome's powers, stating that I made her too powerful. This also helped to chase away my inspiration as I gave much thought to the matter. So, I've decided that this fic's end will be something unexpected and more realistic, since I realize that InuYasha should still be 'more powerful'. I think the following song suits the scenario well.

Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Monsoon

The Cheetah Girls - Cinderella

When I was just a little girl
My momma used to tuck me into bed
Then she'd read me a story
It always was about a princess in distress
And how a guy would save her and end up with the glory

I'd lie in bed and think about the person that I wanted to be
Then one day I realized
The fairy tale life wasn't for me

*I don't wanna be like Cinderella
Sitting in a dark, cold, dusty cellar
Waiting for somebody...to come and set me free!
I don't wanna be like someone waiting
For a handsome prince to come and save me
I will survive...unless somebody's on my side
Don't wanna be [no no no one else] I'd rather rescue myself!

Some day I'm gonna find someone that wants somebody's heart, soul and mind
Who's not afraid to show that he loves me
Somebody who will understand I'm happy just the way I am
Don't need nobody taking care of me...
[I will be there..]
I will be there for him, just as strong as he will be there for me
When I give myself then he has got to be an equal pair!

[Chorus]

I can slay, my own dragons
I can dream, my own dreams
My knight in shining armor is me...
So I'm gonna set me free!

[Chorus] x2

Logan and Rogue bade Kagome, InuYasha and Sesshomaru good bye as the trio leapt into the well.
"Logan...where do we go from here?" Rogue asked.
"You mean us?"
"Yeah."
"I dunno, Rogue. I dunno."
"You're regretting it aren't you," she accused.
"Never. I just don't think it's a good idea right now. You're...you still have a full life ahead of ya."
"If that's your way of sayin' I'm too young for ya...," she trailed off, "Look. I don't care what anyone thinks! I want this. Don't you?"
Logan looked down at Rogue and sighed.
"Yeah. Yeah, I do."

Kagome, InuYasha and Sesshomaru exited the well to hear the sounds of a nearby battle. The trio quickly sprang into action. Sesshomaru took to his cloud while InuYasha ran and Kagome flew to the scene. What greeted them did not make them happy in the least. Sango had just caught her boomerang when she noticed them.
"Kagome! InuYasha and Sesshomaru!!" she called.
"Sango!" Kagome called, flying over to the girl, "Something's different about you."
"I'll explain later, now we fight!"
"Right!" InuYasha called, joining in to fight off Naraku's tentacles.
Naraku smirked sadistically.
"Lord Sesshomaru. How good of you to make it. I was wondering if you would show to your retainer's funeral."
Sesshomaru raised an elegant eye brow before he turned at a sharp cry. His eyes widened marginally as he beheld the form of Jaken, freshly speared through the chest by a tentacle. Naraku pulled his tentacle out of the toad roughly. He tore more of Jaken's flesh and splashed black blood over the nearby Miroku.
"Lord...Sess...Sesshomaru...forgive this...lowly Jaken," Jaken sputtered as black blood oozed from his beak and he exhaled his last breath.
Sesshomaru clenched his fist and turned back to Naraku.
"This Sesshomaru will show you the meaning of true pain," he vowed.
Naraku's evil laughter filled the clearing.

Kagome flew up into the sky and peppered Naraku with purified hail. The evil half demon snarled in pain and immediately concentrated on spearing through Kagome. She dodged the tentacles and the others sprang into action. Sango hurled her boomerang at Naraku. It was hurled back at her. Where it would have normally hit her midsection, her new demon traits allowed her to flip midair and grab the boomerang, landing on the balls of her feet and immediately throwing it back at Naraku in one smooth motion. InuYasha hacked away at the tentacles that threatened to hurt him or the now defenseless Miroku. Sesshomaru's poison whip crackled and sliced through other tentacles. Shippo and Kirara continued to bite and burn Naraku. Kouga jumps over several attempts on his person, using his katana to slice through tentacles, trying to get ever closer to the evil half demon that had killed his kin.

Naraku was becoming annoyed with the two smaller demons. Kirara was soon knocked out against a tree with a deep gash on her side. Shippo barely dodged a blow and landed on his side, a growl upon his lips. His lack of energy was not conductive to his demon form and he changed back to his humanoid form shortly. It was a bit of a shock to InuYasha.
"Shippo?!"
"InuYasha! Watch out!" Kagome called as a tentacle managed to get through the shocked half demon's defenses.
InuYasha grunted as the tentacle ripped through the flesh of his forearm.

The battle continued, Miroku was eventually placed next to Kaede and joined in on her and the other monks' efforts to contain Naraku. However, whenever a tentacle flew at a monk and he dodged, it would break his concentration and the chant would have to begin anew. They were making little progress in that aspect. Naraku's crimson gaze swept over Kagome, feeling the source of her power.
"She has the Shikkon jewel...the whole jewel," his smile was filled with sadistic glee and dark pleasure.
Before anyone could react, Naraku lunged at Kagome. Kouga tried to intercept him, only to have his upper thigh pierced. He was thrown on top of Sango. Kagome fought against Naraku with all of her jewel enhanced strength. Purified bolts of lightening and strong winds cut at Naraku, but he was determined to have what he deemed was his. A tentacle flew from him, its target was Shippo. Kagome saw this and unconscious dropped her guard.
"Shippo!!" she screamed.
Sesshomaru intercepted the tentacle, slicing through it with his poisonous claws. Unfortunately, that provided just the opening Naraku had been waiting for. His claw dug into Kagome's side, tearing flesh and spilling crimson blood. Kagome's scream seemed to echo through the clearing. All action seemed to stop and all eyes were focused on a single spot.

Kagome fell to the earth, blood seeping from her wound. Naraku laughed in triumph, holding the bloodied jewel in his grasp. The purity of the jewel was being tainted. The pearlesque pink was becoming a deliciously dark amethyst, swirling with clouds of black. Naraku licked the blood off of the jewel and then swallowed it whole. He spread his arms as the human Onigumo was purged from him forever. His ears became pointed, his claws sharper and longer. His muscles bulged from the power, ripping his haori in half due to the sheer size difference. He gained fangs and jagged black markings adorned his cheeks, wrists, ribs and biceps. His eyes became a blood red color, the pupils slitted and a shade of burgundy. His onyx hair grew down to the length of his calves and straightened. His skin became pale and smooth. The spider mark was no longer on his back.

Kagome struggled to stand as Naraku neared her. He tilted her chin so her eyes met his. He smirked at her and chuckled at her harmless glare.
"My dear, Kagome. I must thank you for bringing the jewel back to me," he smoothly said.
With no warning, he flung her at InuYasha. Kagome cried out in pain and InuYasha had his breath knocked out of him.
"You are all peons compared to me now! My power is beyond your comprehension!!"
"Bastard," InuYasha growled.
Sesshomaru faced Naraku and calmly drew the Tokijin from its sheath.
"You think to defeat me with a sword made from the fang of one of my detachments, Sesshomaru? What a fool," Naraku sneered.
He extended his hand and the Tokijin was wrenched from Sesshomaru's hold and flew to Naraku's waiting hand.
"Only I could ever be Tokijin's master, since it is quite literally a part of me," Naraku smirked.
InuYasha left Kagome with Kaede and jumped between Sesshomaru and Naraku, holding the Tetsusaiga before him.
"Naraku, you will pay for everything," InuYasha promised in a low growl.
Naraku merely laughed before allowing the power of Tokijin to taste the blood of the half demon that dared to defy his power. InuYasha managed to barely dodge the power of the Tokijin, landing next to Sango. Sesshomaru landed in the opposite side, next to Kouga. Shippo fled to Kagome's side to see if she was all right.
"None of you stand a chance against me, even if you could combine your powers and abilities."

Kagome's tears alerted Kaede to her consciousness.
"I can't let this happen, Kaede. There must be something I can do. I can't sit by like a powerless weak girl," Kagome whispered.
"Kagome, you should rest!" Shippo exclaimed.
"Yes, I believe Shippo is correct, Lady Kagome. Let InuYasha, Kouga, Sango and Sesshomaru take care of Naraku. With their combined power, they cannot possibly lose. We must have faith."
"Aye. Ye should just rest now Kagome. Ye have not the strength to go on."
"I don't have the strength...No! I can't just sit how like I would have in the past! I won't let them get hurt again! I made the mistake of turning my attention away during battle. I allowed Naraku to take the jewel from me. It's my fault and I'll fix it!" she thought.
Kagome struggled and stood on shaky legs.
"Kagome?" Kaede asked as she, Shippo, and Miroku watched.
"No, Kaede," Kagome whispered harshly, "I can't just sit by anymore. I was given a gift, one I'm going to use to help fix my mistake and maybe help save the future. Please...forgive me."
Kaede's eyes widened in understanding while Shippo and Miroku looked confused for a moment. Kagome closed her eyes and her body became outlined in pure energy. Lightening bolts full of purity hit her form, she refused to scream from the pain. Her body glowed pure white.

Kouga was sent flying into a tree, splintering it in half. Sango landed on top of him, her boomerang digging a trench into the dirt beside them.
"Damn," Kouga murmured, "He's stronger than before."
Sango groaned and struggled to get up, finding that her energy was lacking. Kouga laid her down against the part of the tree that's still standing.
"Stay here," he ordered.
Sango nodded, gasping for breath. Kouga dove back into the battle joining Sesshomaru and InuYasha in their attempts to get close enough to the evil demon. However, Naraku's power was enough to keep them at a good distance away. No longer were his attacks based on the tentacles of his old half demon body. They were now made with powerful orbs of blood red energy and his sharp claws along with the power of the Tokijin.

InuYasha landed on his back, digging a trench in the dirt from the impact. He groaned and picked himself up, using the Tetsusaiga as a sort of crutch until he could stand. Sesshomaru's poison whip rebounded off Naraku's shield. He was then met with the full power of the Tokijin. His eyes bled red as the power of the Tokijin ravaged his body, tearing off his armor and haori as well as parts of his hakamas. Lines of blood appeared on his smooth chest, sizzling from the residual power of the Tokijin.
"I see you have regained your arm, Sesshomaru. I think I preferred you without it," Naraku smirked darkly.
He lunged with lightening speed at Sesshomaru, his claws ripped through flesh, muscle, tendons, and bone with a sweet, wet crunch. Sesshomaru howled in pain as his left arm was once again removed from him.
"Sesshomaru!" InuYasha called.

Kagome's tears spilled over her cheeks like liquid silver. She closed her blue eyes and reopened them to reveal pure silver light. Her entire body became pure energy.
"Kagome...," Miroku breathed, "Surely there must be another way!"
"No, Kagome! Don't leave me!"
"God be with ye, Lady Kagome."
"I'm sorry...I won't be coming back," she whispered, "Tell InuYasha...that I will always love him."
With that final thought, Kagome flew toward Naraku. She struggled against his barrier as the demon's eyes widened in recognition of her and her power. The barrier finally broke and she plunged into Naraku's chest. Naraku gasped and screamed in pain as pure light spilled from his body, tearing his flesh from the inside out and burning him with its purifying properties. He fell to his knees, his energy falling rapidly. He panted to regain his breath; his body was coated in his dark ruby blood.
"Kagome...," InuYasha whispered, he closed his eyes tightly to stop the tears and screams in pain.
The Tetsusaiga glowed fiercely and sparkled in its power. InuYasha raised the sword and brought in down in an arc, shouting the final words that Naraku would ever hear.
"Kaze no Kizu!!"
The quartet of blazing vertical energies tore into Naraku, burning the remainder of his flesh and obliterating every last living molecule of his being.

A calm wind ruffled his hair as he fell to his knees, crying softly.
"No...Kagome, you can't leave me," he whispered, "You promised...to be with me forever."
"InuYasha," came a whisper.
InuYasha looked up to see the transparent form of Kagome before him.
"I'm sorry, InuYasha. I couldn't just stand by and do nothing while he hurt all of you. I had to help."
"You stupid bitch," he growled half heartedly, "Always getting in trouble."
Kagome smiled at him softly.
"Don't mourn over me. I lived and died as was my destiny."
"Kagome," InuYasha choked, "You-you can't. Please, don't leave me. Not again!"
Kagome's ghostly hand wiped away his tears.
"I can't stay. I'm sorry, InuYasha. I will always love you."
"And I will always love you, Kagome," he vowed.
"You will find someone for you, InuYasha. A good, strong mate with whom you'll have a beautiful family."
"No!" he harshly screamed, "I will only love you! I won't betray you!"
"Live your life and find love, InuYasha. Honor me by loving again. Good bye, InuYasha...Shippo, Sango, Miroku, Kouga, Sesshomaru, Kaede...," she smiled as her spirit disappeared, leaving behind a distraught half demon, a young fox, and a wolf prince, and dear friends.
"No, Kagome!" Shippo cried.
"Kagome," Kouga whispered in shock.

The small group of shard hunters cried over the loss of their companion, the priestess from the future, Kagome. Shippo sought refuge in InuYasha's arms. The older half demon did not refuse him the comfort, hugging Shippo to his chest as the two cried silently over Kagome's death. Miroku tore off the gauntlet on his right arm and stared at the smooth flesh on his palm. He screamed in pain at the price of his freedom from the curse. Sango comforted the monk with a warm embrace, even as her own tears spilled for her best friend. Kaede's wrinkled eyes shed silent tears for the reincarnation of her dear sister. She bowed her head and respectfully recited a prayer for the dead. Kouga clenched his fists and his eyes, he howled into the air. The sound was so heart wrenching and soul tearing that no one could mistake the expression for anything but deep mourning. Sesshomaru realized he would not be able to revive her with his sword because no body was left to revive. She was lost to them, forever. He closed his own eyes in a moment of silence and respect for the priestess.

Sesshomaru stood, pulling taut the piece of his hakamas he used to staunch the flow of blood from the stub on his left arm. He walked toward Jaken and pulled Tensaiga from its sheath. He brought his loyal retainer back to life.
"Lord Sesshomaru! Oh, thank you milord! This Jaken is not worthy," he croaked.
"Jaken. We will return home now."
Sesshomaru and Jaken turned toward the west and walked several yards when Sesshomaru stopped.
"InuYasha," he said, calmly.
InuYasha stood with Shippo in his arms and turned to follow his brother back to the Western Lands. Sango, Miroku and Kouga watched them go. Kouga turned toward the east. Sango stood to follow him, limping a little from her injuries.
"Sango," Miroku called, his hand outstretched.
She turned back to him.
"Let me come with you," the monk pleaded, "Please...I love you, Sango."
Sango spilled more tears and nodded, wordlessly. Miroku limped after her, both following the leader of their new family.

"Rest in peace, Kagome. Your duty has been fulfilled," Kaede whispered as she walked back to the village.
The monks she had called for help all followed her, each one paying respects to the powerful priestess that had given her life to help defeat the great evil. As for the Shikkon Jewel? Its story is not yet finished since the soul of Kikyou and Kagome are bound to it forever.



It's not over yet, people! So review! And stay tuned for the Epilog of this fic!!!