InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Strong Winds ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Strong Winds

"Dreaming" - Selena

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star that somewhere you are
Thinking of me too

Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Wonder if you ever see me
And I wonder if you know I'm there
If you looked in my eyes
Would you see what's inside
Would you even care?

I just wanna hold you close
But so far all I have a dreams of you
So I wait for the day
And the courage to say how much I love you
Yes I do!

I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Corazón
I can't stop dreaming of you
No puedo dejar de pensar en ti
I can't stop dreaming
Cómo te necesito
I can't stop dreaming of you
Mi amor, cómo te extraño

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can't believe
That you came up to me and said "I love you"
I love you too!

Now I'm dreaming with you tonight
Till tomorrow and for all of my life
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming of you endlessly

Dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room
I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Endlessly
And I'll be holding you tight
Dreaming...with you...tonight!

InuYasha arrived at the Sphinx to find Kagome's body lying perfectly still on the cold stone ground. Logan, Scott, and Kurt stood a respectful distance away, all saddened. Rogue was kneeled beside her, crying. InuYasha rushed to Kagome's side and held her in his arms.
"Kagome," he whispered, "You can't leave me, please. KAGOME!"
He let his own tears fall to splash upon her angelic face. How could this happen? Why was fate so cruel as to take his love from him again. Flashes of him and Kagome together bombarded his mind and heart.
"I-Inu...yasha," was the soft whisper, "Inu...?"
"Kagome?" his eyes widened, watery in their tears.
He looked down to see a soft smile on her tired face. Her eyes were part way opened.
"Oh, Kagome!" he crushed her to him.
Kagome held onto him with her right hand clenched on the material of his haori. Her final vestiges of energy left her and she slipped unconscious. InuYasha realized this and gently picked her up bridal style.
"I'm so glad she's all right," Rogue sniffled.
"We all are," Logan replied.

Three days later and Kagome still had not woken up. InuYasha had stayed by her side since the day of their return to the mansion. Her current quarters was the institute's medical bay. Under the watchful eye of Hank, she had been recovering nicely. However, her priestess energies were another matter and were taking their time in replenishing themselves, thus keeping her in the coma. InuYasha squeezed her hand before he left the room at Sesshomaru's call.
"She is still asleep," Sesshomaru stated, instead of asking.
"Yeah."
"She is strong. She will come back to you, brother," he replied.
InuYasha smiled.
"Thanks, Sesshomaru."
Sesshomaru nodded and left. InuYasha turned back to Kagome and sighed. He walked back to her side and gently pushed her bangs out of her face, trailing a finger down her cheek and to her lips, mindful of his claws. He leaned down and kissed her, gently caressing her cheek with the back of his fingers.
"Kagome...come back to me...," he whispered, leaning his forehead against hers.

Sesshomaru had one destination in mind. He had given her enough time to think this over and he would not be denied. Ororo tended to her garden, watering the plants and inhaling the sweet fragrance of the roses and lilies. She was sufficiently surprised when she felt a a warm hand on her shoulder. She turned and blue eyes met gold.
"Sesshomaru," she exclaimed, "You startled me."
Sesshomaru smirked and gently cupped her cheek.
"Ororo. I have come for your decision," he stated.
"Sesshomaru, you know I cannot. I have my duties in this time."
"And I have my duties in my own time. I am willing to wait for you, Ororo, 500 years would be worth it. Allow me the honor of being your mate," he responded, leaning down to kiss her gently, yet passionately.
Ororo's eyes closed and Sesshomaru's became half lidded. He pulled back to see her lightly flushed cheeks and gently caressed her full lower lip with his thumb.

Ororo opened her eyes and looked up at him, longingly. She wanted to be with him more than anything. Would it be possible? It would be so selfish to ask him to wait for her, though. What was she to do?
"It is a selfish thing for me to ask you to wait so long, Sesshomaru," she replied.
"It is not selfish if I choose to do so, Ororo. I have fallen for you. Do not make the mistake of thinking I will choose another when you are everything I could ever want in a mate."
His eyes searched her, waiting for her answer. Ororo could feel her heart pounding in her chest, she was certain he could hear it. She wanted this more than anything. Her hand came up and she twined her fingers with his.
"Yes," she whispered.
Sesshomaru smiled then, kissing her deeply, pulling her close with his only arm. In seconds, he had her slung over his right shoulder.

Ororo's eyes widened and she struggled, pounding on his back.
"Put me down!" she demanded.
"No," Sesshomaru replied, calmly, making his way toward the mansion.
"Put me down this instant, Sesshomaru!" she continued, her eyes glowing white and the skies becoming dark with clouds and brilliant with lightning.
Sesshomaru said nothing as he entered the mansion, her fists barely phasing him. They passed by Logan, who had both eyebrows raised.
"Logan, help me!" Ororo pleaded.
"Sorry, 'Ro. I'm not gonna stand between a demon and his mate. You're on your own," he chuckled.
"LOGAN!" she screamed in outrage, "Sesshomaru, put me down!!"
Sesshomaru merely smirked to himself and continued by ascending the stairs as his mate struggled. This would definitely be enjoyable.

In the medical bay, Kagome stirred at last. InuYasha was immediately by her side, holding her hand in his. Her eyes fluttered open and everything seemed a blur. She moaned and closed her eyes again. The next time she opened them, the world seemed more focused and she recognized InuYasha as the one holding her hand. She smiled softly.
"InuYasha," she whispered.
"Kagome," he sighed in relief, hugging her close and kissing her.
Kagome smiled and snuggled into his warm chest. He was worried. InuYasha was worried about her. He really did love her, she was awed by that. Tears escaped her eyes. InuYasha noticed and dried them with his thumbs.
"What's wrong, Kagome?"
"Nothing. I'm just so happy, InuYasha," she replied.
"Keh. Silly girl," he said, fondly, kissing her once more.
She giggled and hugged him close.
"I love you, InuYasha."
"I love you too, Kagome."

Logan turned from the sight of a struggling Ororo over Sesshomaru's shoulder. It was obvious what the demon lord had planned considering where he was taking her. Logan shook his head and his eyes met Rogue's. She had been watching them too, and a look of longing was in her emerald eyes. She turned from him and walked back into the kitchen. He followed and found her just standing there, her hands supporting her on the counter. He laid his hands on her shoulders, startling her.
"What's wrong, Rogue?"
"Nothin'," she lied.
"Don't lie to me, kid. I can tell something's wrong."
Rogue stiffened as he called her kid. She laughed lightly to herself. Of course, to him she would just be a kid. No matter how close he and she became, he was probably so much older than her. She stiffened even further when he spun her around to face him and lifted her face up with a finger under her chin.

The contact didn't phase either of them. It turned out that Kagome's purification had given Rogue some control over her powers and unless she specifically thought of absorbing someone, it wouldn't happen. Still, it was hard to stop thinking of herself as untouchable. She shifted her eyes to look at the floor.
"Rogue, look at me," Logan demanded.
Hesitantly, emerald met chocolate.
"I...I just wish I could have what Sesshomaru and Storm have. What InuYasha and Kagome have..."
Logan's eyes softened and he hugged her. Rogue cried into his warm, muscled chest, clutching the fabric of his shirt on his back.
"How could anyone love someone like me? I'm nothing like Kagome, Storm, or even Jean."
"No, you're not. But that's what makes you who you are, Rogue," Logan replied, looking into her eyes, "Don't feel like you have to change for anyone. If you do, they don't deserve you."

He softly wiped her tears with his thumbs and looked deep into her widening emerald eyes. What he was feeling was something he never thought he would express to her. And he hoped he wasn't making a mistake that would cost them their friendship, he knew how important that was to Rogue. Yet, all other thoughts fled from him as he closed the gap between them.
"Let me be the one," he whispered, gruffly.
"Wha...?"
She didn't have another chance to say more as his lips descended upon her own, claiming her in a way that made her knees weak. Never had she felt a kiss in her life, and yet she somehow knew if she had this one would be the best. The way his lips moved against her own was like a carefully woven spell. She melted into his embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck. She smiled in the kiss, truly happy. She knew now that her secret feelings for him were reciprocated and nothing could bring her down.

~*/|\*~

Naraku had revealed himself, even through the miasma. A desperate struggle for victory had ensued. Ginta and Hakkaku tried their best against Naraku. Kouga eventually ordered them to retreat, Sango joined in with Kouga's pleas. It was obvious, that while strong, the two lacked the ability to keep up. Ginta found this a bit ironic, considering Sango had a copy of his own physical abilities, but then realized that she had also been trained as a demon slayer. He shivered, realizing just how formidable Sango had become.

Miroku waited for the perfect opportunity to strike. His spells and scrolls wouldn't work against a powerful demon such as Naraku, and he couldn't even move much due to his injury. However, as a tentacle came close to him, he struck with his staff, infusing it with his spiritual powers and burning the tentacle. He was fading rapidly, he could tell. The wells of his power were draining just as the crimson fluid of life traversed his body to stain the earth below him. Sweat drenched his brow, as he drew ragged breaths into his burning lungs. Soon he would be defenseless, forced to use his kazaana despite the ever present buzzing cloud of his death.

It was at this moment that Miroku used his last spiritual powers to fend off another tentacle. This was it, there was no more he could do. He resigned himself to die, the deep regret of never fulfilling his duty to be rid of the curse weighed upon his soul. Yet another tentacle sped toward him, intent on finishing him off. It never reached its goal as a burst of fire incinerated it. Miroku looked up and toward the source of the flames.
"Stupid human," Jaken declared, "Can't even fight off a filthy half demon!"
"Jaken!" Miroku exclaimed in shock.
"I've come to aid you in Lord Sesshomaru's place."
"Thank you, Jaken. We appreciate the help."
"Hmph! Of course you would," the little green toad replied.
Miroku sweat dropped, but nodded. Jaken took a position near the exhausted human. He could smell the blood and see that this one wouldn't last long, so he would take this position in the battle himself.

Naraku raised a brow at the unexpected guest. Lord Sesshomaru's retainer was in over his little green head. No matter. Perhaps at this unworthy demon's death, Lord Sesshomaru would be angered into distraction, providing Naraku the perfect opportunity to absorb him into his being. That would be if Lord Sesshomaru would return at the right moment. He frowned as the old priestess made her appearance, joined by several monks and one kitsune cub. The monks and Kaede took up positions and began chanting to create a bubble around Naraku that would restrict his movements. He growled in outrage and lashed out at them all. They dodged his tentacles, however, Kaede was too slow. Her old eyes widened as the tentacle came ever closer. They widened even more when she felt a pair of strong arms encircle her waist and pull her to safety. The owner of the arms then jumped back into the fray with a warning.
"You better keep out of sight, old woman! I can't keep leaving the battle to protect you!" Kouga commanded.
"Thank ye, Kouga," Kaede whispered, before adding her chants to those of the monks.
She was in a good position where she could not immediately be seen, she was somewhat safe there.

Shippo dodged tentacles and used fox fire as much as he could. He felt he was in over his head, but he couldn't stop now. He was in this battle, and he would show Naraku not to mess with his family! The young fox began his transformation then, his eyes glowing red and his fur standing on end. Kouga did a double take and grinned, the kit needed to learn a little more control, but this suited the battle just fine. Shippo soon joined Kirara, the two biting and tearing apart Naraku's tentacles; Shippo adding an extra spice by using fox fire up close.

~*/|\*~

After her waking, Kagome had sought out Sesshomaru and used her powers to speed up the regeneration of his missing arm. The demon lord had thanked her and mysteriously slipped back into his bedroom. Kagome had blushed after hearing the gasp of Ororo from within. She hadn't realized she had interrupted something. She blushed more as she walked off, still hearing Sesshomaru's playful growls.

It was soon time for InuYasha, Kagome and Sesshomaru to return to Feudal Japan. They had left them long enough and were worried about Naraku's plans, even without the Shikkon. Kagome had taken the time to explain to everyone that she had used the power of the jewel to seal Apocalypse forever. Only one of her bloodline could ever release him, and only through the power of the jewel. Professor Xavier thanked them all for their help and welcomed them whenever they would like to visit. Tearful hugs were dispersed amongst the women of the mansion. The men merely shook hands and said a few words.

Ororo stood in Sesshomaru's arms, holding him close. She would miss him greatly. Sesshomaru kissed her softly and pulled back.
"I promise to find you again, Ororo. You are my mate and 500 years is not enough to separate me from you."
"I will wait for you as well," she replied.
Sesshomaru smirked and kissed her once more. The three, plus Logan and Rogue, set off in the Blackbird at high speed. They would be at the shrine in only a few hours.