InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Hurricane Part 3 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Hurricane Part 3

The X-Men, InuYasha's group, and the recruits were split up into teams to take on Apocalypse's horsemen. The teams were: Sesshomaru, Spike, Beast, IceMan, and Berzerker to fight against Storm in Egypt; Boomboom, Multiple, Jean, InuYasha, and Colossus to fight against Professor Xavier in China; Scarlet Witch, Angel, Havoc, Magma, Sunspot, and Shadowcat to oppose Magneto in Mexico; and finally Scott, Kagome, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler to face off against Mesmero at the Sphinx.

Storm flew over head, her eyes glowing an unnatural blue as her power raged at her opponents. She knew not who these people were, only that they opposed her master and, thus, they would pay. Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed. He realized this was not the Ororo that he knew. He resolved himself to defeat her by any means necessary, short of killing her. He would bring back his intended and not let his emotions control his actions. Spike observed his aunt and found it difficult to think of her as the enemy, but he had to. He tried to reach her by calling out to her, but she seemed not to recognize him. The others were busy dodging her power and might. Beast and IceMan teamed up to try to subdue Storm. Berzerker joined up with Spike and Sesshomaru flew solo. The battle over the Egyptian pyramid had begun.

Sesshomaru dodged a bolt of angry lightening on his way toward the weather witch. His claws extended and eyes narrowed. He pierced through Storm's defenses and managed to cut her shoulder. The regal mutant retaliated with a powerful cyclone that roughly slammed Sesshomaru to the ground. His body left a deep imprint in the earth. Peeling his face out of the ground, Sesshomaru spat dirt out and growled. He would not be made out a fool! At this point, IceMan had given Beast a boost and Beast had tackled Storm out of the skies. She sent him hurling toward Spike with an amplification of electricity. Berzerker quickly engaged her, electricity to electricity in a stalemate for mere seconds before Storm overpowered him. It was in vain as she was quickly assaulted by Sesshomaru's poison whip.
"I cannot allow you to help our enemy, Ororo. Even if you do not know yourself at this moment," Sesshomaru declares.
"I do not matter, Apocalypse is all," she replies.
It was then that Apocalypse activated the global net that would bring about evolution and mankind's end.

Jean's eyes widened as she beheld the now flying Professor Xavier. InuYasha didn't waste time and transformed the Tetsusaiga. Boomboom created several bombs that Multiple's seven selves immediately pelted the professor with. Colossus took it upon himself to try to damage the dome, InuYasha soon joined him with the Tetsusaiga.
"Kaze no Kizu!!" InuYasha yelled as he directed a wind scar attack at the barrier, however it would not budge.
Colossus tried punching his way in, but neither method worked. Meanwhile, Jean and the professor battled as BoomBoom and Multiple continued their efforts.
"Professor you have to fight this!" Jean exclaims as she blocks a hit from his scythe.
Xavier and Jean were soon fighting an all out battle in the astral plane. Strangely enough Jean's astral shield took on the form of a phoenix.

In Mexico, Magneto had resurrected one of the destroyed Sentinels. It was not causing trouble for Scarlet Witch, Angel, Havoc, Magma, Sunspot, and Shadowcat. Angel flew overhead to try to escape the Sentinel's path and confront Magneto. Shadowcat helped Magma to phase with her though the earth. Sunspot tried his best to defeat the mechanical menace with Havoc as backup. Scarlet Witch was startled at the sudden change in her father. Her memories, fake though they were, showed him as such a loving father. She had a split second fear in the pit of her stomach, however, she would not let that deter her. She used her powers to disable the dome around the pyramid.

Meanwhile, SHIELD was sending Sentinels to disable the global network. The Sentinels succeeded in destroying part of the global net. It is then that the Brotherhood show up.
"After jacking a plane, and getting lost we still managed to get here," Toad declares.
They continue to work together to disable the dome when Magneto is called to stop the Sentinel attack against the global net. Not wasting time, they all pool their efforts to disable the dome.

Magneto arrives to destroy the Sentinels and repair the global net even as Rogue and a little boy named Dorian are on their way toward the Sphinx. Mystique watches Rogue's determined face and smiles to herself. She had grown so much in Xavier's care. Perhaps it was best that she remain there for a while longer.

The battle at the Sphinx, however, has not been going as well as they had hoped. Wolverine and Deluge team up to keep Mesmero busy. However, his power is hard to resist, especially now that the jewel has been given back to him. Cyclops and Nightcrawler are now under his power and hindering Deluge and Wolverine from their task. Deluge cringes ahead of time for poor Nightcrawler and Cyclops, but she sucks it up and lets them feel the wrath of her purifying lightning. The two are knocked unconscious. Wolverine nods to her and they both lunge toward Mesmero. The latter uses the power of the jewel to create a shield around himself.
"Kagome! You gotta get that jewel away from him!"
"I'm working on it," she replies, concentrating all of her priestess powers on calling the jewel.
Mesmero's golden staff breaks, releasing the jewel that floats to Deluge's waiting hand. She smiles in relief, exhausted. However, there is still more work to be done.
"I have to purify it," she tells Wolverine.
He nods and knocks Mesmero unconscious just as Cyclops and Nightcrawler recover.
"Did you have to hit us so hard, Kagome?!" Nightcrawler complains, "I'll be feeling this for weeks!"
"Enough chatter, come on!" Wolverine commands.
The trio charge forward while Kagome stays behind to purify the jewel.

The battles all rage until at last, the SHIELD helicopter lands.
"Alright, are you ready?" Rogue asks Dorian, "I'm just going to borrow your powers for a little bit."
The young boy nods as his mother holds him. Rogue takes a small breath and strips off her glove, touching the boy and rendering him unconscious even as she absorbs his power.
"Good luck, Rogue," Mystique calls out.
"...Thanks," she responds, running toward the Sphinx.
She quickly makes it inside, Deluge getting up with the purified jewel and following her. The two arrive to see Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops at the entrance to where Apocalypse is in the device. They make way for Rogue. She uses her temporary power to cut the energy in the room. Apocalypse's eyes open wide. Rogue and Deluge quickly close the flaps around him and Rogue allows the power to resume. The small pyramid shaped sarcophagus spins rapidly and begins to glow white.

Kagome feels the jewel call to her. She hears the serene voice of a young woman in her mind.
"Kagome, maiden of the jewel. You are called to stop this evil from returning to the earth. If you do not use your full power, he may yet return and cause much chaos to the world. Use the power of the Shikkon Kagome, let it merge with you as it was meant to be."
Kagome's eyes refocus to realize it has been but seconds. She looks to the glowing jewel in her hand.
"This is what Kaede meant," she whispers.
Wolverine turns to her to see her lift her arms up with the jewel cupped in her hands. She closes her eyes and the jewel begins to glow brilliantly. The light intensifies and wraps around the spinning pyramid like a bubble. Sweat trickles down her temples and her arms shake. Her brow furrows as the power is sucked from her very being. The jewel shoots out of her hands and into her side, where it came. Her body glows the same pink as the bubble around the pyramid and both energies explode in a brilliant show of light.
"KAGOME!" Rogue calls out in horror.

InuYasha clutches his heart as a sudden coldness envelopes his soul.
"Kagome...," he whispers, then screams, "KAGOME!!!"
Distraught, he shoves Tetsusaiga up to the professor's throat.
"No, InuYasha!" Jean says, staying his hand with her telekinetic powers.
By now Xavier, Storm, Magneto, and Mesmero have been freed of Apocalypse's hold. Sesshomaru holds an unconscious Storm in his good arm. Beast takes her bridle style as they board their transportation home. Wanda supports her father with his arm over her shoulder as they and the Brotherhood prepare to head home.

InuYasha forces Colossus to fly them toward the Sphinx immediately as Xavier recovers with Jean at his side. Multiple and Boomboom watch with scared faces as the distraught half demon barks out his orders and waves around his impossibly large sword.
"Can't this thing go any faster?!"
"It is as fast as it will go, InuYasha," Piotr replies.
"Please be all right, Kagome," he thinks, "Please...."

~*/|\*~

Kaede's eyes snap open and tears leak from them, highlighting her wrinkled cheeks. She closes them again in anguish.
"I had wished that sending InuYasha would stop my vision from coming true...but it seems I doomed ye myself, Kagome," she whispers to the empty hut.
Determination dawns in the old woman's eyes as she stands.
"If ye be so willing to die doing a duty that was not yours, child, then this old woman can be just as willing doing a duty that is hers."
She leaves the hut in search of those that can aid her new quest, joining the battle against Naraku.