InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Hurricane Part 2 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Hurricane Part 2

"Hero" - Chad Kroeger

I am so high, I can hear heaven
I am so high, I can hear heaven
Oh, but heaven, no heaven, don't hear me

And they say that a hero can save us
I'm not gonna stand here and wait
I hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

Someone told me, love will not save us
But how can that be?
Look what love gave us
A world full of killing
And blood spilling
That world never came

And they say that a hero can save us
I'm not gonna stand here and wait
I hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

Now that the world isn't ending
It's love that I'm sending to you
It isn't the love of a hero
And that's why I fear it won't do

And they say that a hero can save us
I'm not gonna stand here and wait
I hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away
And they're watching us
They're watching us
As we all fly away
And they're watching us
They're watching us
As we all fly away
They're watching us
They're watching us
As we all fly away

Beast flipped the screen to show the news. As they all watched, sentinels began to attack the different domes while three were sent to distract Apocalypse. The advanced mutant made quick work of the sentinels sent to attack him. Once that was done, he realized the plot of the inferior humans. He frowned and summoned forth his horseman. In a dark area of the Sphinx, 4 sarcophagus' opened and let out three men and one woman. The shadows moved until they came out into the starlit night.

The X-men and Inu-gumi all gasped in various degrees as they were revealed. On each figure were glowing blue wiring, their eyes glowed the same color of blue and their clothing was torn and ripped in places. Most astonishing was that one that would normally not be walking, was indeed able to for the moment. The horsemen were none other than Charles Xavier, Ororo Munroe, Eric Lensher, and Mesmero. It was all too apparent what Apocalypse had done now. He had not killed them, he had made them into his mind slaves.

The horsemen climb onto steeds made of pink energy and ride on toward their destination, Mesmero staying behind to guard the Sphinx. Storm headed toward the other pyramid in Egypt, while Charles headed toward China, and Magneto to Mexico. Their mission was to stop the attack of the sentinels, which was weakening the domes around the pyramids.

Wolverine turned to the special agent from SHIELD and frowned.
"You let them bring back the Sentinels?!" he growled.
"I had no choice. It was the only way, Wolverine."
"He seems protective of those pyramids," Sesshomaru spoke, "Perhaps we should aid those mechanical beings in destroying them."
"I agree," Scott said, "But we'll need some help."
"Right," Wolverine replied, "Everyone, try to recruit whoever ya can. We're going on a little road trip. Rogue."
"Yeah?"
"I need you to stay behind for a special project," he said, laying his hands on her shoulders.
"Alright," she nodded.
"I know you won't like this, kid, but you should take Mystique with you to help."
"No way!"
"Rogue..."
Rogue pouted and crossed her arms.
"Fine."
"Good girl. Keep in contact with me."
"Alright, everyone! Suit up!" Cyclops commanded.
The X-Men, including Kagome, immediately left to change into their spandex suits. InuYasha and Sesshomaru shared a look and dressed in their usual hoari and hakama sets.

~*/|\*~

Naraku paced in his castle. He had made an error in leaving the monk and demon slayer. Apparently, they now held a blood bond with the wolf clan. This would prove to be most troublesome. However, he was confidant that it wouldn't pose that much of a threat. It was time, if he struck now they would be unprepared. A sinister smirk crossed over his lips as his irises bled from a deep chocolate to a brilliant and evil red. His skin became even more pallid, if possible. His throaty chortles echoed through the dark halls of the castle. Oh yes, he would destroy them all! But first, he needed a boost in power.
"Kanna!"
The young, white haired demon appeared before him. She said nothing. Her black eyes widened and a small shriek issued from her lips as tentacles wrapped around her and pulled her into his being once again. The power coursed through him and renewed his depleted strength. With his decision made, Naraku flew toward the band of wolves and humans.

Sango awoke with a groan. She felt so strange. A fire was going in the middle of the hut and she could see a sleeping Miroku at her side. She smiled softly at him, lifting a hand to brush away his sweat damped bangs from his forehead.
"You're awake," came Kouga's voice.
"Yes," she replied, "Where is he?"
"Ginta? He's outside."
"I want to thank him," she replied, standing up and leaving.

Ginta and Hakkaku were asleep on the porch of the hut when Sango exited. She gently shook Ginta who looked up at her in confusion.
"Thank you, Ginta."
The wolf demon smiled and nodded.
"Like I said, I couldn't just let sister Kagome's sister die."
"Well, I'm your sister now right?"
"Yes, sister Sango."
"Why don't you and Hakkaku come inside where it's warmer?"
"We have our duty to protect this hut," Hakkaku mumbled in half sleep.
"And some job you're doing," Kouga's voice came from the doorway, "Come inside, I'll guard the hut."
Ginta and Hakkaku entered the hut sheepishly as Kouga took their place outside. Sango turned to Kouga and nodded respectfully, he returned the gesture.

It was nearing morning when Kouga's sensitive ears picked up a light buzzing sound. Over the dawning horizon, a cloud of blackness was sweeping toward them. He stood hurriedly and called into the hut.
"Miroku!"
Said monk awoke and blearily walked out of the hut.
"Yes, Kouga?"
"It's Naraku," Kouga hissed, "Get everyone up!"
Miroku's eyes widened and he rushed back into the hut, waking everyone. Kagura was told to run and hide with Shippo. The young fox protested, but was swayed when he was told he was to protect Kagura from possible revenge by Naraku. Sango donned her armor and mask, Ginta and Hakkaku did the same. Miroku simply stood with his staff braced. Kouga led them all to the outskirts of the village, knowing innocent humans would be killed if they didn't move toward Naraku first. He cracked his knuckles.
"It's about time, Naraku. Now you will pay for the death of my comrades!" Kouga vowed.

The poisonous insects were soon upon them, effectively preventing Miroku from opening his wind tunnel since he had just recently recovered from the last time. Naraku himself walked forward, having left his baboon pelt in favor of showing his true face. His crimson gaze swept over his opponents and a cruel smirk graced his pallid lips.
"Die," was the simple word he spoke before a legion of demons came crashing upon them all.
Kouga, Ginta, and Hakkaku fought off the demons with their bare hands. Sango lacked the aid of Kirara, who was still recovering from her injuries, and thus had to fight on foot with just her boomerang and sword. Miroku only had his staff. Still, the two humans fought valiantly. More and more demons poured into the battlefield and the poisonous insects made a cloud of buzzing death for Miroku. No matter how much he wanted to unleash kazaana, he could not.

Ginta cried out as a demon pierced the flesh of his upper arm. Hakkaku ran to help him. The battle was turning into a melee of epic proportions. It was all too obvious what the lack of InuYasha, Kagome, and Sesshomaru would cost them. Miroku cried out as a demon's tentacle pierced through the flesh of his abdomen and clear through to his back. Blood poured from the wound and Miroku fell to his knees.

Sango saw the same demon about to strike the final blow. Something within her snapped. A surging of fire through her veins was the last thing she felt as her body went numb to everything. Before anyone could blink, Sango had blocked the demon's attack with her boomerang and punched clear through the demon's heart and back. She pulled her hand out of it's chest and shook off the dark blood, turning to Miroku.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes, Sango," Miroku replied, awed at her new power.
She nodded and turned back to fight more demons.

Naraku watched the demon slayer with interest. Something was different about her. Yes, he could see it now. She had taken a blood oath with a demon. She was now protected under the wolf tribe, and much stronger for it. He smirked. Foolish girl, did she honestly think such a minuscule power increase would defeat him? She had to have been desperate to have made such a pact.

Elsewhere, a short green toad received word of the battle. He had been caring for his lord's young ward and felt that he should do something. Should Naraku win this battle, it wouldn't be long before he tried to usurp Lord Sesshomaru's power. And with Lord Sesshomaru gone, there was no one left to protect the Western Lands. He paced nervously, sweat trickling down his bald little head. He could always perform the rite of heir on Rin to name her the new Lady of the land, and then call the other neighboring lords for help. By himself, he didn't have that power. But if he could just...no, it was too risky. Who knew if the girl could handle such a ritual? No, there had to be something else he could do to help!

His mind made up, Jaken tottered to Rin's room. He knocked on the door and stepped in. Rin looked up from her drawing.
"Jaken?"
"Rin, come with me."
"What is it, Master Jaken?"
"Naraku has attacked the village of InuYasha. Without Lord Sesshomaru here, we could be next. I want you to promise me to stay hidden, Rin. Lord Sesshomaru should be back soon, I hope. And I must keep you safe until he returns."
Jaken led Rin to Sesshomaru's bedroom and pulled a torch on the wall. A slab of wall slid open and Jaken ushered Rin inside.
"There are provisions in there to keep you safe for at least a month. The room is protected by ancient magic. You should be fine."
"But what about you, Jaken?"
"I'm...I'm going to help the humans and the wolf tribe. I know Lord Sesshomaru might not approve. But as his retainer, I must make decisions that will ensure the safety of the Western Lands in his absence."
"Be careful, Jaken," Rin said, hugging the surprised toad.
"You too, Rin. You know, when you're not trying to annoy me. You can be a sweet child."
With that, Jaken closed the wall in front of Rin, sealing her in the room.

Rin walked down the dark corridor and into a room. A blue barrier immediately set up behind her to keep anything from coming in. There were several smaller rooms that branched from the main room. And a strange box that held food that seemed to never spoil or age. She sat down in a fluffy chair and hugged a fur pillow to herself.
"I hope that Jaken will be alright. Where are you, Lord Sesshomaru?"

Sango's hiraikotsu beheaded several demons as it flew away and back toward her. She caught it with ease and leapt forward with her sword, cleaving off several more heads. Her strength, stamina and speed was equivalent to that of Ginta. It was nowhere near Kouga's power, but good enough to help. Miroku's injury prevented him from moving much, but he was able to use sealing spells and his spiritual power to incinerate any demons that came close to him. He held a grim smile on his face, finding his situation ironic somehow.
"Miroku! How are you hanging on?!" Sango called.
"I'll survive, Lady Sango!" he replied.

Naraku frowned and decided it was time. His body became enlarged and sprouted forth many different parts from the demons he had absorbed. He became a large chimera from the waist down. His pallid complexion became even more ghostly as his fangs made themselves apparent, his eyes became a glowing ruby and miasma began to spread through the battlefield. Sango came to Miroku's side, soon joined by Kouga, Ginta, and Hakkaku. They were all a little tired, but it was finally time to face Naraku himself. The army of demons he had sent had been completely eradicated by two humans and three wolf demons. Naraku's evil bellows echoed through the forest.

Back in the village, Kagura shivered and Shippo looked torn. Kaede tried to soothe the young fox, but was finding it increasingly difficult since she was also shaken up. She felt she had to do something, but what? After all, she was an old woman, well beyond her physically useful years. Yet, she could not stand by and do nothing.

~*/|\*~

The X-Men and others arrived at their destinations after much preparation and recruiting activities. It was finally time for the fight against Apocalypse. All had heavy hearts as they realized whom they would be fighting against, but determination poured through their very veins at the same time. Sesshomaru steeled himself, Beast had wanted him to fight against the one called Magneto, but he had insisted on trying to bring his future mate back to her senses. And thus, the teams made their debuts on the three dome sites.

In Egypt, the Velocity let out Sesshomaru, Spike, Beast, IceMan, and Berzerker to fight against Storm. In China, the Blackbird brought forth Boomboom, Multiple, Jean, InuYasha, and Collosus to fight against Professor Xavier. In Mexico, the team of Scarlet Witch, Angel, Havoc, Magma, Sunspot, and Shadowcat arrived by SHIELD transport to oppose Magneto. They all stood before their transportation and readied themselves for a fight that none of them would soon forget.

Meanwhile, the brotherhood was trying to make it to the scene in Mexico.
"Where are we?!" Quicksilver asked.
"I dunno," Blob answered, "this map is kooky."
"Gimme that! Ah, Blob!! You had the map upside down!" he replied.
"Oh, oops."
"Ugh!" Avalanche said, dragging a hand down his forehead and face.
"Man, we're never gonna get there at this rate," Toad spoke.
"I woulda been there already!" Quicksilver snapped.
"Shut up!" the others said in unison.

The battle for mankind would rest on the shoulders of those whom were hated, reviled, and deemed outcasts. Those who were treated with so much hatred by humanity were its chosen champions. In the end, would it be worth it? Would the X-Men, demon lord, half demon, and priestess be enough to save the world from Apocalypse? Those were the questions racing through the heads of all that were involved. And even in the Feudal Era, the importance of this day was felt and made an impact in the hearts of the people.