InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Hurricane Part 1 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Hurricane Part 1

Again by Lenny Kravitz

I've been searching for you
I heard a cry within my soul
I've never had a yearning quite like this before
Know that you are walking right through my door

All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again

A sacred gift of heaven
For better worse, wherever
And I would never let somebody break you down
Until you cried, never

All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again

At every time I've always known
That you where there, upon your throne
A lonely queen without her king
I longed for you, my love forever

All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again

All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again

I wonder if I'll ever see you again
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
I wonder if I'll ever see you again...

It was mid afternoon and Sesshomaru sat at a desk in the room he had been given. He had long since donned what were termed "normal" clothes in this time period. He currently wore a long sleeved, white dress shirt that had the top two buttons undone. Along with that, he wore a pair of loose black slacks and his long silver hair had been pulled back into a loose ponytail. The demon lord still managed to wear both the Tokijin and Tensaiga on his left hip. He was absently digging grooves into the polished desk with his sharp claws. His thoughts were turbulent and focused solely on the ebony skinned goddess that he had been enraptured by not so long ago. Her abduction, for he could never confirm that she had truly been killed, was upsetting to him.

Sesshomaru suddenly clenched his fist, his claws almost slicing through the desk from the movement. Chips of wood fell to the carpet as he stood and walked to the balcony. He remembered the first time he had seen Ororo. She and Kagome had focused their powers together against Naraku. Her silver hair had flown around her like a halo, her skin was exotically dark and made her all the more mysterious. Her eyes were a vivid blue and her voice was melodic to his ears. She held a majestic air about her that simply drew Sesshomaru to her. She was an angel, and he a demon. Complete opposites and yet, he wanted her more than anything.

They were both alike in their control over their emotions and their apparent loneliness. She was regal, powerful, and breathtakingly beautiful. She exuded confidence and control. She seemed almost untouchable. She would be the perfect Lady of the Western Lands. Her spirit and drive were also something the demon lord found quite attractive about the human female. For any other human, he would not have felt thus. However, Ororo was different. She was a mutant, therefore, more powerful and fitting to be his mate.

He was unsure what emotions he was feeling toward the wind rider, but he knew that it pained his heart when he thought of her possible demise. He yearned to hold her in his arms and feel her lips upon his own. His anger began to build as his thoughts continued to linger on her. He would make Apocalypse pay for taking her from him. With those closing vows of slow death, Sesshomaru cracked his knuckles and headed to the Danger Room. It was his turn to train the students and he had much anger and stress to work out. Woe to the poor mutants at the Xavier Institute.

IceMan stretched beside Rogue, Jubilee, Multiple and Nightcrawler. Shadowcat, Deluge, Cyclops, Berzerker, Magma and Jean were stretching as well. Even InuYasha, Wolverine, and Beast were present. The only one missing was the supposed leader of this training session, Sesshomaru. They had little time to wait as a stoic Sesshomaru stepped into the danger room, dressed in skin tight black spandex as were most of them, even InuYasha. And yet, Sesshomaru still insisted on wearing his swords on his hip, thus he had a red sash as an accessory on the spandex uniform. His fur boa had been left behind in his room for the moment. This being the first time Sesshomaru had ever worn anything besides a loose, long sleeved anything, the students were shocked to find that the powerful demon lord had only one arm.

Jubilee and Multiple whispered about it to Berzerker and Magma. Sesshomaru frowned in their direction.
"Do not let this apparent handicap fool you, humans," Sesshomaru spat, "I am still far more of a match for any of you."
The kids ducked their heads sheepishly, having forgotten his excellent hearing. They were rather embarrassed and were dreading what Sesshomaru would make them do now. The demon lord wasted no time and voice activated the simulation. He then activated his poison whip and joined in to attack the students whenever there was a break from the mechanical attacks. There were no chances for slip ups with Sesshomaru. If you weren't careful, you would leave with a scathing mark from his whip. He was kind enough to not infuse so much poison into it, but still. The damned thing hurt!

IceMan dove and ducked beneath incoming projectiles and lasers, using his powers to freeze the offending machinery. His eyes were quick to look around and spot a shadow zooming in toward him. He turned and let the ice fly. Sesshomaru quickly dodged and smirked, nodding at him and moving onto the next victim. Jubilee and Magma were back to back, guarding each other while fighting off the machines. Sesshomaru nodded in approval, they were fighting intelligently, for now. His golden eyes drifted over to the similar strategy that InuYasha and Wolverine had adopted. He had to admit that Wolverine did indeed fight like a demon.

Jean and Cyclops worked together to take out many of the lasers. Deluge and Beast were paired together, Deluge's lightning and Beast's sharp blows taking out many a machine. Rogue and Shadowcat worked together to short circuit a lot of the machinery. Rogue had gently zapped some of Shadowcat's power and the two girls were phasing through everything like ghosts. Rogue finally ran out of Shadowcat's power and had to rely on her own physical strength. She was rolling and dodging and leaping out of range rapidly. Sesshomaru chose her to attack next. Rogue leapt out of the way of a powerful laser and turned only to see Sesshomaru closing in rapidly. Her eyes widened and she reacted before any logical thought made it to her brain. Her glove was off just as she finished her roll away from him and her hand came up, locking around Sesshomaru's bare wrist.

Sesshomaru cried out in surprise as did Rogue. All activity stopped as the demon lord fell to the ground unconscious. Rogue screamed in pain as she clutched at her head. The power from the demon lord was far too much for her, she was struggling with it. The rage, the emotions that were so carefully locked away, the burdens, it was all consuming her, smothering her in their own inescapable wrath.

Rogue's hair lengthened, her ears became pointed, her nails became claws and her canines became fangs. Her eyes became slitted and sharp, lined in lavender. Her forehead was adorned by a navy crescent moon and her cheeks by dual lavender stripes. Her eyes bled a deep crimson and her fangs lengthened even more. She turned toward all the other students and roared, attacking them with demon speed and agility that rightfully belonged to Sesshomaru.
"Shit!" InuYasha cursed as he dodged Rogue's attack.
Deluge, aka Kagome, concentrated her power and shot a bolt of purifying lightning at Rogue. The young woman screamed in pain as the demon was purified from her. She fell unconscious instantly.
"Well, I think that's enough training for today," Wolverine spoke up.
The younger students just nodded dumbly and quickly left.
"Oh, man. That was intense!" IceMan breathed, leaning against the wall outside the Danger Room.
"You got that right," Jubilee replied, "But did you see the look on Sesshomaru's face when Rogue absorbed him?"
"Priceless," Berzerker agreed.
"I never thought I'd see that guy have any sort of expression on his face," Magma said, shaking her head.

Rogue and Sesshomaru awoke roughly at the same time. Sesshomaru growled and held his aching head. He glared at Rogue from the corner of his eye and Rogue glared right back.
"It wasn't my fault," she said, "You attacked me."
"Fair enough," Sesshomaru replied, "Consider yourself fortunate. Few humans are privileged enough to have been gifted with demon power once, let alone twice."
"I dunno if I'd consider myself fortunate," Rogue grumbled, "This is more a curse than anything."
"It is a curse, if you allow it to be," Sesshomaru responded, wisely.
Rogue looked at him then, curiously. Was Sesshomaru actually being nice?
"Hey. Sesshomaru?"
Sesshomaru raised a brow at her.
"You...love Storm don't you?" Rogue asked, quietly.
Sesshomaru felt a pang in his heart, but his stoic mask held perfectly. However, Rogue could tell. She could see through his mask because she knew him from the inside out now. She nodded.
"I know you believe she's alive. I believe she is too. We'll get her back and we'll win against Apocalypse," Rogue stated.
Sesshomaru smirked lightly.
"It seems that you have inadvertently become what you humans call a friend," Sesshomaru stated before leaving the medical bay.
Rogue sat on the bed, her mouth agape.

Wolverine passed by Sesshomaru and looked in to see Rogue in a state of shock.
"You all right, kid?"
"Huh? Y-Yeah," Rogue replied, shaking herself out of it.
"So...going for the long haired look again?" Logan teased, flicking a long lock of Rogue's hair.
The young teen blushed and blew a long bang out of her face.
"At least this time I don't have to shave my legs again," she said, referring to the incident with Sabertooth.
Logan laughed heartily.
"Come on, dinner is ready. You don't want InuYasha to eat it all, right?"
Rogue laughed a bit as Logan helped her to stand. She ended up losing her balance and falling against him. Her face flushed red and she looked up at him.

There was something in his eyes that she couldn't quite place, but it made her yearn for the ability to be touched. Logan sighed and pressed his forehead to hers, her bangs separating them enough to stop any absorption. His muscled arms held her close to him and Rogue merely closes her eyes and relished the embrace. It surprised her that anyone would be willing to be so close to her. But Logan was different, he wasn't afraid. And Rogue needed that.

Kagome sat next to InuYasha at the table when the doorbell rang. She excused herself and got the door, to see a tall man with gray hair and an eye patch. He wore military style clothing and he looked down at her imposingly.
"Can I help you?" Kagome asked.
"The name's Nick Fury. I'm here to see Wolverine," he spoke.
The aforementioned mutant came up behind Kagome.
"Fury," Wolverine growled in acknowledgment, "What brings you here?"
"I'm afraid I have some bad news," the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent replied with a grim look upon his face.
Wolverine nods and he and Fury pass by a confused Kagome. She and the others follow the two men to the main computer as Fury commands Beast to bring up images of the domes.

~*/|\*~

Miroku found himself rudely awakened. A very irate wolf demon held him by the collar of his robes. Green eyes pierced into his violet, demanding to be answered.
"Where's Kagome?! And Inu-korro?!" Kouga demanded, "I haven't picked up either of their scents for many moon cycles. Talk!"
Kagura was inside the hut, caring for Sango when she heard Kouga's voice. It was only a matter of time before he picked up her scent and she shuddered at the thought. She was but a human now, he could easily kill her. She dabbed Sango's forehead with a damp cloth as the girl continued the struggle to hang onto life.

"Kagome and InuYasha along with Sesshomaru have gone to the future to fight a great evil, Kouga," Miroku explained calmly, "We have no idea when they will return."
Kouga growled as Miroku explained everything surrounding Kagome, InuYasha, and Sesshomaru's disappearance.
"You stink of Naraku," Kouga insulted, "Were you stupid enough to try to fight him on your own?"
"We had no choice, he targeted us while we were most vulnerable."
"Well, I suppose I can't let Kagome's friends die. She obviously wants me to protect you for her," Kouga said arrogantly, inwardly thinking of the prize he might receive from Kagome when she returned to find he had helped her friends.
"Obviously," Miroku replied, sarcastically.
"I smell blood. The other woman, what happened to her?"
"Sango was struck down by Naraku," Miroku replied, "She's in the hut."

Miroku quickly realized his mistake as Kouga entered the hut. A bellow of rage echoed through the village as his emerald eyes beheld Kagura.
"You! You, bitch!" Kouga yelled, lunging for her.
Miroku restrained Kouga with his staff.
"No! Kagome purified Kagura and turned her human! She's no longer a threat!" Sango said, weakly.
Kouga growled, tensely. His eyes glared with hatred at Kagura who merely looked to the ground.
"Let him go, Miroku," she whispered, "I deserve to die for what I did to his kin."
Miroku looked from Kagura to the confused Kouga and let him go.

Kouga snarled in disbelief after a few seconds.
"No way! I don't believe your little innocent act for one second! You're a conniving bitch and you'll die for your crimes!" he said, lunging at her with his fist raised.
Kagura closed her eyes and waited for the blow. When it didn't come, she opened her eyes to see Kouga's fist a mere inch away from her face. His visage held barely restrained rage and he was heaving hard.
"Stop acting like some submissive human, Kagura! It won't save you!"
"I don't expect it to. I'm ready to forfeit my life for the wrongs I've done," she replied, looking him in the eyes.
Kouga could sense nothing but honesty in her gaze. He lowered his fist and growled in frustration, leaving the hut. Miroku quickly followed. Shippo had woken up to all the commotion and quickly followed them both outside.

Kagura turned back to Sango.
"Are you all right?"
"I'm doing fine," Sango lied, her eyes betraying her fatigue.
"Rest, Sango," Kagura said, continuing to wipe the sweat from the other girl's brow.
Outside, Shippo watched as Miroku and Kouga spoke of what had occurred with Kagura in great detail. Kouga frowned and clenched his fists. It seemed as if his revenge on Kagura would no longer do. She had a new life now, a clean slate. No matter, he could still take his revenge on Naraku.

"Kouga," Shippo asked.
"Yeah, kid?"
"S-Sango is dying...I know there's a spell or ritual that can save her...but I'm too young to do it."
"You want me to...?" Kouga started in shock.
It was then that Ginta and Hakkaku made their presence's known.
"It would be my honor to help our sister's sister," Ginta said.
"Ginta, think carefully about what you are doing," Kouga growled lightly.
"Sister Kagome would be saddened if this woman were to die. I know she cares for her as her sister," Hakkaku replied instead.
"Yes. So I must help her so that Kagome will not have reason to mourn," Ginta added.
"Fine. Do what you want," Kouga replied.

Ginta gulped and walked into the hut of the demon exterminator. Sango tensed when she saw the unknown demon enter the hut. Kagura stayed by her side, protectively.
"I came to help you," Ginta said, "You are sister Kagome's sister. I would be honored if you would let me help you."
"How can you help?" Sango asked warily.
"It is a ritual that is not often performed between demon and human, but it does work. It might be painful for you, however, but it will let you live."
"What do I have to do?" she asked with distrust.
"I would make you my blood sister. By sharing my blood with you, you would pick up my demon healing ability and become stronger."
"No," Sango replied, firmly, "I will not have the blood of a demon running through my veins."
Ginta looked down at the floor of the hut.
"Please. I know it would pain sister Kagome if you were to die. I just want to help. Would it really be so bad? You would become stronger to fight Naraku better."
Kagura looked to Sango.
"I know you hate demons, Sango. But aren't InuYasha and Shippo demons? Wasn't I a demon? Give him a chance to help you. I know of this ritual, there would be no visible changes to you at all. It requires very little blood," Kagura said.

Sango clenched her fists weakly. She could already feel her remaining strength slipping. How could she give up when there was a way for her to remain alive? Could she turn her back on everything her father had taught her, just to live? Would he disapprove of her?
"Sango...," Miroku said from the doorway, looking at her longingly.
She closed her eyes. Could she give up her budding feeling for the monk and die simply because her pride would not allow it? It was not the time to be selfish. But what was the proper choice? She opened her eyes once more to stare at the wall in the hut. Everyone, save Kaede who had left earlier that morning to another village, were crowded into the small hut. They all waited for her decision.

If she took this chance, she would gain power. She could be of greater help in fighting Naraku. Without her, their numbers would be down by one. And sometimes, one could be the key in a battle. Her father had taught her that. What would her father do in this situation? No. Better not to think of father, he would adamantly refuse she was sure. But what of Kohaku? She had to avenge him, had to avenge her family. Sango looked at Ginta straight in the eyes.
"Do it," she commanded, grimly.
Ginta nodded and pierced his wrist with his fangs. He gave Sango an apologetic look before he did the same to her. Sango winced as his fangs broke skin. She felt light headed as she lost even more blood. But that was soon the last thing on her mind. Fires of hell burned through her wrist, sliding up her veins and arteries and freezing her heart in incredible pain. She couldn't even breath to expel the scream that wanted to tear from her throat. Ginta held her wrist to his firmly, his own eyes tightly shut to keep from seeing her pain.

Kouga held Miroku back as Kagura held Shippo.
"What's he doing to her?! Why is she in pain?!" Miroku demanded.
"Calm down, monk. She'll be fine. The pain is only temporary, but if she continues to fight the demon blood...," Kouga trailed off.
"Sango!" Miroku called to her desperately, "Sango, please! Don't fight it! SANGO!"
At last a scream of incredible torture issued from Sango's lips as her eyes flew open.
"Once a stranger, now my sister. I seal this pact with my blood and my heart," Ginta recited, "Sango, you must repeat it."
Sango struggled to breath. She gasped in pain, tears falling from her eyes as the fire seemed to consume her very being. Yet she heard Ginta and she opened her lips to say something, anything.
"Sango!" Miroku called.
"O-Once a stranger...," Sango began, "No-now my brother. I seal this pact...with my blood...."
She stopped. Do she really mean this with her heart? He was doing all he could to save her...could she accept him as a brother? Can she sincerely mean this? Yes, she could, she realized.
"...and my heart," she ended, sincerely.

The pain instantly went away with her acceptance of him. Her wound and his healed instantly. Ginta smiled and kissed her brow.
"Sister Sango, sleep well."
Sango smiled and drifted into unconsciousness. She could feel a strange sort of warmth through her, weaving the broken skin into perfection, strengthening her muscles, feeding her newfound power. The last thing she was aware of was Miroku kneeling beside her and taking her hand in his.

Miroku turned to Kouga.
"What will this do to her?"
"She will be stronger and faster, but no where near demon power. Her wounds will also heal quickly. There will not be any demon traits," he replied, "She is now a member of my tribe by blood. It binds her to aid us when we are in need and we to her when she is in need. My tribe and I will help you against Naraku."
"We thank you," Miroku said, in relief.
Shippo cuddled up next to Sango whispered a thank you to Ginta and Kouga. Kouga nodded and Ginta smiled. Hakkaku sat down next to Ginta. Both wolves warily regarded Kagura, who resumed wiping Sango's forehead and face.