InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Cool Breeze ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I will say this only once for this fic, I don't own InuYasha or X-Men: Evolution.

Summary: After having the Shikkon shards stolen by Kikyo, Kagome finds herself at a demon's mercy and a power long hidden rises forth. Now Kagome must head to the Xavier Institute to learn to control her powers.


Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Cool Breeze

Kagome lathered her hair thoroughly. There was nothing quite like washing your hair while soaking in a natural hot spring. She sighed deeply. How could she just let Kikyo get away with the Shikkon shards? Well, it's not like she could really do anything about it. Kikyo had used the vines to trap her defenseless. And now she simply could not get the image of InuYasha and Kikyo kissing out of her head. She dunked her head beneath the surface and rinsed her hair out.
"Kagome! Are you almost done?!" InuYasha's impatient voice filtered through the trees.
"Yes, InuYasha! I'll be out in a minute!"
She quickly got out and dried off with a towel she had in her pack. She then got dressed in a spare school uniform while the other dried on a tree branch. She figured she could leave the uniform there until it was dry, so she headed off. The camp was not too far from there. InuYasha was waiting for her a few yards ahead on the path with a frown on his face.
"Hurry it up, Kagome. I want to eat my dinner before it gets cold!"
"Well, why didn't you just stay at the camp and eat?"
"Sango wouldn't feed me unless I made sure you were all right."
Kagome sighed and nodded her head. The two walked back to the camp in silence.
The following morning, Kagome awoke to the feel of a warm caress on her behind. Her morning fuzziness didn't comprehend the feeling until a few seconds later. The others woke up to her screams and Miroku's howl of pain. Kagome was panting in rage and Miroku now held a very red cheek that would, no doubt, be sporting quite a bruise come afternoon.
"I see Miroku was the first to wake up," Sango says with a bit of ire in her voice.
"Stupid pervert...," Kagome mumbles.
"I swear, Lady Kagome! I had no idea my hand had found its way to your lovely behind!"
"Save it, monk!" InuYasha growled, "And don't be touching Kagome like that again, or I'll find another way to rid you of that wind tunnel."
Miroku chuckled nervously, sweating. This was the point that Shippo decided to wake up.
"Huh? What did I miss?"
A few hours and several whines from Shippo later, and the group was heading toward a supposed village where a Shikkon shard resided. It was said to be protected by the village's priestess, a woman named Suiren (water lily). Sango rode Kirara with Shippo by her side. Kagome was on InuYasha's back and Miroku followed on foot. They soon arrived at the village to a rather cold welcome. The priestess, Suiren, was at the village limits staring coldly at them. Her gaze landed upon InuYasha and her eyes narrowed.
"We do not tolerate demons of any kind to enter our village," she spoke, "Nor do we tolerate those with whom they associate. Be gone from here! You are not welcome!" she voiced.
"But, wait! You are Suiren, the priestess?" Miroku asked, "I am Miroku..."
"Introductions are not necessary. I said it before and I'll say it again, you are not welcome. This is your last warning!" she said before pulling out a few metal spikes that surged with purification energy.
"Look lady, I don't care who you are, but you have a Shikkon shard and we're going to get it!" InuYasha declared.
"So the half demon wants our Shikkon shard," Suiren said, "Then we have more reason to protect it! I will purify your soul!"
Suiren threw the spikes at InuYasha. He dodged them all, and they exploded on impact with the ground.
"Please! We're only trying to restore the broken Shikkon jewel so that it can be purified!" Kagome said.
Suiren glared at Kagome, only to step back in surprise.
"You hold the aura of a priestess! Sister, why do you travel with such a being?!"
"It was my fault the jewel shattered. InuYasha, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo are helping me on my journey to piece it together."
"I see. You and your human friends are welcome to stay the night. The demons will remain outside the village," Suiren replied with finality.
"Feh. Like I would want to go inside your stinkin' village! The whole place reeks!"
"You mean I have to spend the night with InuYasha?! But he'll beat me up!"
"Quiet, you!" InuYasha said, bonking Shippo on the head.
"Ahh! Kagomeee!!!" he whined.
"InuYasha, behave! Or I'll 's' you!"
"Grrr...stupid wench."
Suiren glared at the two demons and turned swiftly toward the village. Kagome, Sango, and Miroku followed quietly. The villagers murmured and whispered amongst themselves about the strangely dressed and supposed priestess their revered Suiren had allowed to enter their village.
Suiren lead them to a hut and motioned for Sango and Miroku to make themselves comfortable. She lead Kagome to her own hut and sat on the floor, cross legged.
"Tell me, what is your name, sister?"
"Kagome."
"Lady Kagome, why is it that I sense you have the aura of a priestess and yet your powers are not fully trained?"
"Ah well..that's a long story. But to make it short, I was never taught."
"I see. Well, perhaps while you are here I can be of some help. I have years of experience in training priestesses. Please accept my proposal."
"Oh, well,...I guess it would help in my journey if I knew how to tap into my power...," Kagome said, in thought.
"Of course, Lady Kagome. We can begin as soon as you'd like. In return for allowing me this honor, I will hand over the Shikkon shard I have been protecting," Suiren smiled.
"Alright, you've got a deal," Kagome smiled in return.
The training began that very night with meditation and concentration techniques. Suiren was a tough trainer indeed. Kagome was exhausted by the night's end and in sore need of a soothing bath. Suiren gave her directions to a nearby stream where she could bathe. Kagome thanked her and walked off with her toiletries in hand and white and green priestess robes that Suiren gave her.
"Oi, Kagome, where ya goin'?" InuYasha asked from his perch on a nearby tree as she passed.
"InuYasha! You scared me!"
"You should be paying more attention to your surroundings..."
"Keh, I'm going to take a bath."
"You just had one last night! What is it with you and bathing?!"
"Well, excuse me for liking to be clean! I'm surprised you can stand your own scent! I'm human and I can smell you from here!" she said, hotly.
Kagome left with her nose up in the air as she walked off, having won their verbal argument. Meanwhile, InuYasha looked around before carefully sniffing beneath his arm. His faced turned slightly green and he decided it was high time for his weekly bath.
Kagome arrived at the stream and set aside her things and looked around to be sure she was alone and safe. After giving the place a once over, she decided she was fine and stripped of her clothing. She began to bathe quickly, shivering from the cold of the stream. Once she was done, she rinsed off a final time and began to towel off. She heard a noise to her left and turned that way, freezing. She strained her ears to hear anything at all, but there was no further noise. She let go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding and turned back around only to face a giant demon beetle. She shrieked and it dove at her, ready to snap her in half with it's pinchers. She quickly dodged it.
"InuYasha!!" she called out.
"Kagome!" the distant reply was as InuYasha ran toward her.
The demon beetle was upon her again and she had a difficult time dodging its assault while trying to hold the towel over herself. InuYasha soon dove into the clearing and fell upon the beetle's back, the Tetsusaiga buried deep in its back. The beetle shrieked and bucked, trying to dislodge the half demon from its back. It succeeded when it slammed its back against a tree. InuYasha was momentarily stunned and that was all the time the beetle needed to advance on Kagome.
Kagome screamed as it dove at her, its skinny foot pinning her to a tree as it's pinchers began to slowly close, ready to pierce her neck.
"No! Some help me! NO!" she screamed powerfully, something within her snapping free and flooding her with power.
Her eyes glowed silver and her hair flowed in electrical currents as the heavens thundered and clouded over. The beetle stopped its assault to look up at the unnatural weather. It looked back at Kagome, knowing that somehow she was the source. Before it had time to ponder more on the issue, a bolt of lightening struck it and sent it flying back from Kagome and into a tree. It shrieked as the half demon it had forgotten about sliced through it with the Tetsusaiga.
Kagome's eyes returned to normal and she fell to her knees, panting.
"What was that?!" she thought, "Those didn't feel like my priestess powers. It was...different."
"Kagome, are you alright?!" InuYasha asked her.
"Yes. Thank you, InuYasha."
"Feh. Stupid wench. I told you that you should be more aware of your surroundings. Good thing your priestess powers managed to show up when they did."
"Those were not the powers of a priestess," came the angered voice of Suiren, "Those were the powers of a demon! You have deceived me, Kagome! You and your group will leave my village!"
"No! I'm not a demon! I'm a human! Please!"
"Leave, or I will be forced to kill you!"
Kagome's eyes widened and she quickly picked up her things as Suiren left the clearing. She dressed quickly in the priestess clothing and ran back to the village, only to see her bag outside the village. She picked it up and stared at the cold hatred on Suiren's face.
"I will tell your human friends to meet you here in the morning."
Suiren left and Kagome swayed a bit. InuYasha was by her side and steadied her.
"Kagome, what was that power?" he asked.
"I have no idea," she whispered.

Next »