InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Winds of Change ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Winds of Change

InuYasha stole quietly through the village. He had told the others to be ready to leave quickly. Kagome did not approve of his actions, but she really had no choice in the matter. Miroku and Sango had joined them at their makeshift camp after Suiren had told them of what had occurred. They wouldn't stay in such a village. And, thus, InuYasha was stealthily sneaking toward the location of the shikkon shard. He found it with little difficulty, slipping past the sleeping priestess.
Suiren's eyes opened and she had her bow in hand within a heartbeat. However, the presence she had detected was long gone. She looked to the small altar in the room and her eyes narrowed. The Shikkon shard had been stolen, no doubt by that deceitful demon woman and her companions. No matter, the shard was tainted in their hands. The evil in them will lead to their corruption and death, she thought.
"I got the shard. Let's go before someone notices it's gone," InuYasha said, as he came upon his companions.
"Quickly then," Miroku nodded.



Three days later found the group back at Kaede's village. Kagome and Sango sent the boys off somewhere so they could talk with Kaede about what had happened. Kaede sat and listened to Kagome's tale of her new found powers. The wise old priestess frowned and hummed in thought.
"I know not what powers these be child. If I did not know ye better, I would have agreed with Suiren myself. Perhaps the answer lies in your own time, Kagome," Kaede said at last.
"Maybe...It was so strange though, Kaede. It felt like something in me just snapped suddenly and now I feel like a hole that I didn't even know existed has been filled."
"Is there a way to test Kagome for demon blood?" Sango suggested.
"Nay child. There is none. Yet I know that if Kagome were a demon, I would be able to sense it. She is as human as you or I. Although, her aura has become more powerful and unstable," Kaede said in worry, "Perhaps ye should take a journey to calm your spirit, Kagome. Bring this new power under your control."
"Well, I do have to go home soon for supplies. I guess I can stay there a little longer this time."
"That sounds like a good idea," Sango replied, "I'll do my best to keep InuYasha from going after you."
"Like hell you will!" came InuYasha's outraged reply from the doorway.
He had walked in on the last minute of conversation.
"We have shards to find, Kagome! It's already bad enough as it is that you have to leave all the time to take your stupid tests and go to school!"
"Well that's just too bad, InuYasha! Deal with it! I'm going home and don't you dare try to stop me!"
"Feh! Fine! Go home! See if I care!"
"Fine!"
"Fine! Go already!"
"Maybe I will!"
She stomped passed InuYasha in a huff, backpack slung over her shoulder, and stomped all the way to the well. She jumped in and soon enough she was in her own time.
Kagome walked into her house, not noticing that the front door was unusually left open. She didn't notice the broken glass in the family room, or the huddle of people tied together. All she could think about was how angry with InuYasha she was. In fact, she didn't realize what she had walked in on, until she was knocked flat on her face.
"Well look what we have here, a young girl. What a cutie this one is. Eh, Mizuno?" a burly middle aged man in a mask asked his associate.
"She is delectable, Gohei. Now I'm definitely glad we decided to rob this place. She'll make a nice trophy to take back to the guild," the younger man said, leering at her.
Kagome scrambled to get up and backed up to the stairs. Her eyes darted wildly around the room and located her family, tied and gagged, on the couch. She looked back at the advancing thieves and took a step back, her heel connecting with the first step on the stairwell. What could she do? These men were obviously stronger than her and if she turned her back to run, she would be exposing herself to attack.
Before she had much more time to ponder her situation, Gohei lunged at her. With a squeak, Kagome dodged, being used to such maneuvers from her adventures with demons in the past. She quickly made up her mind and ran up the stairs. It a very bad move. She soon found herself pinned down to the steps beneath a heavy body. Mizuno had tackled her down and was holding her down with his weight.
"And who said you could leave, my little flower?" he drawled in her ear, "Don't you think it would be more fun to stay and 'play' with us?"
Kagome struggled and screamed in desperation to get away. InuYasha wasn't here to protect her. And Sango would be making sure he wouldn't come! She was in a mess of trouble. She stiffened as she felt Mizuno's hand slip up the back of her thighs and between them. The hand was going higher and higher and there was nothing she could do about it. She started to cry and suddenly she felt that rush of heated power flow through her. Her eyes became narrowed slits of silver illumination, and her hair flowed with electric current.
To everyone's disbelief, a strong wind seemed to be Kagome's savior. She stood up as if possessed by the power she now held. A sudden confidence surrounded her very self and her anger grew at what these men had done to her family, her home, and herself. The ground began to shake and, defying all logic, winds began to pick up in the house.
Mizuno and Gohei backed up from her, their eyes wide. Gohei ran, screaming about a demon and not wanting to die. Mizuno spat and glared at her in hatred.
"You're a mutant! Filthy abomination!! You used your powers to seduce me and now you're going to try to kill me! I won't let you!" Mizuno pulled out a gun and fired.
Kagome's mother gasped, despite her gag, and screamed for her daughter. Mizuno ran, leaving Kagome sprawled in the stairs, bleeding heavily. A mutant, was that what she was? She vaguely remembered talk about the new mutant phenomenon spreading around the globe. Was she a part of that? Was that her new power? Kagome had no more time to ponder these thoughts as unconsciousness claimed her.
Hours later, using team work, the Higurashi family had managed to free themselves and were now taking care of Kagome's wound, since their phone lines had been severed and no ambulance could be called. Her grandfather frowned and came forth with a heated knife.
"Forgive me, Kagome. But the bullet must come out," he whispered, digging the blade into her shoulder.
Kagome screamed and whimpered, gripping her mother's hand tightly. Sota could only watch in horror and pain as this occurred. Where was his hero? Where was InuYasha?! If he had been here, then this wouldn't have happened! Unbeknownst to him, Kagome was thinking the same thing. Except she knew why InuYasha wasn't here. It was her own fault. Maybe this time she should have listened and stayed with him in the Sengoku Jidai.

Elsewhere, a large computer came to life, calling it's master to it. A man in a wheel chair pressed a button on the control and the computer began to "talk."
"New mutant signature detected. First time in this location. Extrapolation complete. Identity confirmed. Higurashi Kagome, age 15, location: Tokyo, Japan."
"Looks like we've got a little field trip coming up," came a gruff voice from the shadows.
"Indeed. Logan, prep the X-Jet. I'll get Storm, Scott and Jean. I sensed a great deal of instability in this Kagome Higurashi, using Cerebro. The sooner we leave, the better."
"Understood."
Professor Xavier closed his eyes and put his hands to his temples as he spoke telepathically.
*Scott, Storm, Jean. I need you to suit up and go to the X-Jet. We have a new recruit we'll be contacting. I'll explain all the details on the way there.*
The three nodded and quickly prepared for the mission.
Logan had just finished starting up the X-Jet as the four others arrived. Professor Xavier took his place as co-pilot beside Logan as the others merely sat in their chairs. Within minutes they were on their way to Tokyo, Japan, top speed.