InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Love Has No Boundaries ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Has No Boundaries

Chapter 3: Devious Plots

A couple of campsites away from Kagome's group, two men were contently watching the girls. They had arrived around an hour after Kagome's group and had quickly set up their tents and equipment. Now, they were sitting in the dark with binoculars.

"That one with the blue spiked hair is cute. I bet she's the demon," said the man with red hair. He was wearing a gold cape and had scars on his face and arms.

According to their data, the group consisted of one demon space pirate, one Jurai princess, and two Earthlings. They had planned on having a hard time with both the princess and the demon, but they figured that the other two girls would be easy to kidnap. Kagome was their target. They thought they had picked out the demon, but they were having trouble picking out the princess. They were going to wait till the girls went to bed, then they were going to sneak over to their campsite and place listening devices in various places.

"She is cute, but she's probably very dangerous. We will have to watch our backs. If we could just figure out which one is the princess then we could narrow down which one is Kagome. Planting the bugs will help us with that. Don't loose sight of our mission because the girls are cute. Remember, we have to kidnap all of them," said the other man, who was wearing a long red cape and black gloves with square holes in the back. His hair was spiked with a red headband that was tied behind his head, the ends hung down his back.

"Oh come on," the other one said, "I never get to have any fun. They're all cute; maybe one will want me."

"Yeah right," Domon thought. "All I want is a Gundam fight with that guy who kidnapped Rain. He's making me kidnap these girls before he'll fight me. This is the only way I can get Rain back, but I don't like to kidnap innocent looking girls. That guy is cunning. I wonder what Gene's story is." He looked at the other man and said, "By the way, why are you here?"

"Oh, uh, well, it's a long story." Gene thought back. He wondered how he ended up on this planet to begin with. "I think I would just make you confused if I told you."

"If you don't want to tell me that's ok. I was just wondering. What I want to know is why these girls are important. None of them look capable of doing anything, other than that demon, maybe. What is so important about that Kagome girl?"

"I don't know. I don't like this kidnapping thing though. If that guy hadn't captured my ship and partners, then I wouldn't be doing this." Gene put the binoculars down, made a fist with his right hand and punched his left hand. "What did that guy do to you?"

Domon watched Gene and suddenly realized that he might have an ally in the other man. It seemed to him that Gene hated that Masaru guy also. "He kidnapped my partner as well. All I want to do is beat him in a Gundam fight."

"Gundam fight?" Gene looked at Domon with a surprised look. He had no idea what Domon was talking about. He thought that he had landed on a very strange planet. He glanced back in the direction of Kagome's camp. "Anyway, it seems as if we are both in the same boat. Both of our partners have been kidnapped. I have a bad feeling about that Masaru character. I say we go along with his plans, but if it seems like he's going to kill or even hurt them, then we should gang together to protect them. What do you say?"

Domon looked back at Kagome's camp and watched the girls for a few moments in silence. He figured that Gene was probably right. He didn't know how good Gene was in a fight, but as long as he got Rain back then it didn't matter. "Ok, sounds good to me. I'm always up for a fight." He glanced at Gene, "You any good?"

Gene glanced at him, "Yeah, I'm pretty good with a gun. How about you?"

"I'm a Gundam fighter. Of course I can fight."

Both men looked back at Kagome's camp. Gene thought about what Domon said for a few moments. He decided he'd better ask what a Gundam was, since he had no idea. "Uh, what is a Gundam? You have to realize that this is my first time on this planet, so I don't know of your customs."

"Oh, I wasn't aware of that. A Gundam is, well essentially a robot, but the person inside makes it move." Domon went on to explain how a Gundam moves and what they were used for.

Gene was thoroughly confused, but he understood the basics of it. "So, you know how to fight?"

"Ha ha, yeah, I'm a martial artist." Domon chuckled then quickly stopped as he wondered what Masaru was doing to Rain. "He better not be hurting her," he thought.

"Cool, then we will have a fighting chance." Gene hoped that meant that Domon was good in a fight, but he figured that he'd have to trust the guy till the time came. He picked the binoculars back up and began looking at the girls again.

After another hour, it looked as if the girls were going to bed, so the men decided to wait a while before they set out to plant bugs in their camp site.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Back in the Warring States era, InuYasha was still up in the same tree as he was in when Miroku and Shippo had left him. It had gotten late and he was mad at himself for not going to Kagome earlier. "I don't know anything about her world." He thought, "I can't go to her tonight. I'd just get lost. I will go first thing in the morning though. I need to see her again. I hope she forgives me." He continued to think about that last moment with her till he fell asleep.

The next morning, Miroku found InuYasha by the well, looking as though he was going to jump in. "I wondered how long it was going to take you."

"Shut up and leave me alone, Miroku." InuYasha looked up at him and noticed that the priest was walking toward him. He really didn't want the priest to get in his way. He was bound and determined to go to Kagome and apologize.

Miroku walked over and stood beside InuYasha. "Look, I'm not trying to stop you. By all means go to her, but did you stop to think that you might not be able to find her? You did say that she went on a family camping trip, right?"

"Yeah, I did say that. I have a feeling that was not what happened. I think she went on a camping trip with a bunch of guys. If she did..."

Miroku finished his sentence, "then you'll pound them and yell at her. Look, Kagome is not that type of girl and you know it. Let me go with you, to keep you in check if nothing else." Miroku hoped that InuYasha would let him go along. He thought about the possibilities. "Kagome is a beautiful girl, I bet that all the women in her time are beautiful. I wonder if I can find one that would be willing to have my child. Only one way to find out; now to convince InuYasha to take me with him."

"Miroku are you crazy? You just want to go there to try to pick up a girl. You know as well as I do that if you did find a girl, you would just have to leave her to come back here. But if you wish to come, then I won't stop you," he jumped up on the side of the well closest to him, "but you better get up here and jump in with me, or I'll leave you behind."

Miroku watched InuYasha jump onto the side of the well and he followed suit. When he was standing beside InuYasha, he grabbed the demons kimono and held onto it with a death grip. "I'm ready when you are."

"Then jump," InuYasha said as he jumped off the side of the well and into the dark abyss. Miroku had caught the hint before InuYasha had told him to jump and had managed to jump in the well at the exact same time as InuYasha.

"Unhand my shirt Miroku, we're here." InuYasha grabbed Miroku's hand and squeezed till the monk let his kimono go. He then jumped out of the well and went over to the door of the hut that housed it.

Miroku climbed out of the well, walked up the stairs, stood behind InuYasha, and looked around the little hut. He then glanced over InuYasha's shoulder and noticed the door was cracked, so he looked into the courtyard of what he perceived was Kagome's home. This was his first time in her world and so far he liked it.

InuYasha was looking through the crack in the door to see if anyone was in the area. Not noticing or smelling anyone, he opened the door, stepping out of the hut and into the courtyard of Kagome's home. He didn't smell Kagome's scent, but he did smell her brother, grandfather, and mother. "Grr, just as I thought, she didn't go on a family vacation. She lied to me."

Miroku had stepped out of the well behind InuYasha and was standing on his left side. "Calm down my good man. Are you sure you aren't just smelling their scent because this is where they live? It should be all over the place!"

InuYasha looked at Miroku and balled his fists. "I don't smell Kagome at all, idiot, which means she's not here. I do smell her mother, brother, and grandfather, though. So what does that tell you, huh?"

"Ok, I'm sorry for doubting you. I should have remembered that if anyone can smell Kagome, it's you."

"InuYasha, is that you?"

Both the time travelers looked around, but couldn't see anyone in the vicinity. Then they noticed the door of the house open up. A little boy came out and ran up to them. "Hi, InuYasha, what brings you here?" Sota pointed at Miroku and added, "Who's he?"

"Oh, that's Miroku. Um, I thought you went on a family vacation with Kagome. Where is she?" InuYasha was now very furious. "Why did she lie to me? She didn't want me to follow her, did she? She must really hate me. I'm such an idiot." He thought and started sulking, noticing this he coughed and straightened his back up, looking into Sota's eyes.

"Family vacation? She went on a camping trip with her friends. She'll be back in a couple of days. I think she said that she would only be gone for three or four days." Sota glanced at the monk. "Miroku? Doesn't sound familiar. Are you from the past also?"

Miroku looked at the little boy. "So this is Kagome's little brother and she hasn't told him about me," he thought. "Yes, I'm one of Kagome's friends. Has she not mentioned me?"

"Forget about that, did she go with guy friends?" Now he was really getting angry. "She went with friends huh, bet they are all guys. I bet she's with that Hoyo character." His thoughts changed into another daydream. This time Kagome was standing by a beautiful lake with Hojo standing in front of her. He imagined that Hojo was a tall, handsome guy with an athletic build. Hojo pulled Kagome close to his body and ran his hands down her back to her butt, where they lingered. He then pulled her closer to him and they kissed for what seemed like forever. When he pulled back, Kagome had a satisfying smile and bright red blush on her face.

"InuYasha.. InuYasha, are you listening to him?" Miroku was waving his hand in front of InuYasha's face.

InuYasha grabbed his hand and threw it to the side and away from him. "Did you say something, Sota?"

"Yeah, I was trying to tell you that she went with her girlfriends. I know one of the girls, but I have never met the other two before. They went to a scenic park about an hour away from here. No guys went with them; at least I don't think any did. I heard her talking on the phone to some guy though; I think she has a date with him on Friday. InuYasha, I thought she was your girl, or have you still not told her how you feel?"

"Grr, she has a date? Wait a minute; she's not my girl. It's not like that, we're just friends and what exactly do you mean by have I told her how I feel?"

Miroku was looking at InuYasha sarcastically. "Oh come on InuYasha, even he can see that you like Kagome. She's as good as yours if you'd only tell her how you feel."

"Shut up Miroku, who asked you?"

"You know he's right. You are all she talks about when she's home. She's crazy about you. I've often wondered why she bothers going on dates with anyone besides you. She calls you all sorts of names though, so I figured that you didn't like her, but I can tell that you do."

"What? How can you tell? I never said that I liked her. What kind of names?"

"It's written all over your face. That's how I know; besides I'm not stupid. She calls you an idiot, jealous, pig headed, non-understanding jerk and that's only some of what she says."

InuYasha was now sporting a very bright blush. He turned away from Sota and glanced at the ground. He thought, "So, she tells everyone that I'm a jerk. If she says all that then how come Sota thinks that she likes me? She hates my guts. Does she even want to see me again?"

"Yeah, Sota's right. She may call you a jerk, but I suspect that is because of the way you treat her." Miroku had noticed that InuYasha was blushing and knew that the demon doubted himself. Miroku figured that his best chance was to find Kagome and talk with her. He looked at Sota. "Could you help us find her? He needs to talk with her."

"I understand; it may be hard however. I figure that neither of you know your way around this town." Both time travelers shook their heads. "Ok, give me a couple of hours to draw up a detailed map and find some clothes for both of you. You can't go charging off in those things; you'll never blend in. I'll get Grandpa to help me. He thinks InuYasha is cool." He pointed at the monk. "Bring him back with you. Sis says he's a lecherous monk, but he looks cool."

At that last comment, Miroku looked surprised and thought, "Kagome told him I'm a lecherous monk, but didn't tell him my name? At least he thinks I look cool." He smiled at that last thought and went over to InuYasha, "Thank you Sota, we shall go and return in a few hours." He laid his hand on InuYasha's right shoulder, but the demon grabbed it and threw it off.

"Don't touch me monk. Thanks Sota," he started walking to the hut that held the well. "I'll bring him back with me." Then he added under his breath, "Although I don't know why I should."

Miroku bowed to Sota and turned around just as InuYasha was disappearing into the hut. Miroku ran to catch up, and they both disappeared into the well.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Kagome and the others had set out to go hiking on what looked like a scenic route past a couple of waterfalls. They walked for a couple hours and decided to stop for lunch. They stopped in a small clearing of trees; around them were big boulders and a small stream just off to the left.

Ryoko looked around. She was positive that she had felt someone following them. She decided to eat lunch and go out to investigate while the others were resting.

Gene and Domon had followed the girls on their hiking trip, being careful not to follow very close. Now that the girls had stopped, they hid themselves behind some rocks about five hundred yards away. Late last night, they had planted listening devices in the girl's campsite and with the busy activity that morning, they had figured out who each of the girls was. Domon kept a steady gaze on Ryoko who had glanced in their direction at various times during the hike. He had a strange feeling that she knew that someone was following them, so he was bracing for trouble.

"Gene," Domon whispered, "keep your guard up. I think that demon is on to us. I know you saw her looking at us earlier; she may try something."

"Yeah, I noticed it. You think she'll try something here?"

"I wouldn't put it past her, just be on your guard."