InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Love Has No Boundaries ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Has No Boundaries

Chapter 4: Encounters

Ryoko had been flying around searching for a few minutes when she spotted two men crouching behind some rocks. She decided to sneak up on them to find out what they were up to. She touched down onto the ground just on the other side of the rocks that hid the two men and dissolved into the ground. After a few moments, her head reappeared at the feet of both men, scaring them out of their wits.

"What do you want?" Ryoko asked the men.

"Hey, aren't you a demon? Where is the rest of you?" Gene had jumped up at the sight of Ryoko's head and was now squatting next to it looking at it very curious.

"Never mind that," Domon said. He had also jumped up at the sight and was now in a fighting stance.

Ryoko seemed to jump out of the ground and was now standing in front of them. She tensed up. "I'll ask again, what do you want with us?"

"Huh, like we're going to tell you," Domon said.

"You know, you're cute," Gene said. He had stood up just after Ryoko emerged from the ground.

Ryoko blushed, looked at the ground, and put her hands on her face. "You think so?"

"Yes, definitely. Say, are you dating any one? A girl as pretty as you shouldn't be alone."

"Uh, well no, but I like this one guy."

"What on earth are you doing? We're not here to play the dating game. Get with the program." Domon was very frustrated, however he did notice that Ryoko seemed to drop her guard.

Gene looked over at Domon, "Oh come on, where are your manners? You need to be polite to a pretty girl." He looked back at Ryoko. "Huh, and he hasn't asked you out yet, what a shame. You should forget about him and go for another guy, like, say me!"

Ryoko put her hands down and looked at him. "Forget about him? Why should I forget about him?"

"Well, because he seems like he doesn't notice your goodness and purity. He must be a jerk."

Ryoko was getting mad and tensed up again, balling her fists.

"An idiot like that doesn't deserve you. Forget about that jerk and go out with me."

"Uh, Gene, shut up she's getting mad." Domon now felt the demon's power rising and saw that she was surrounded by a light blue light.

Gene glanced at Domon. "What? I'm just telling her the truth." He hadn't noticed the light surrounding Ryoko.

Ryoko put her left arm out in front of her, hand opened, palm towards the sky, pointed straight at Gene. A red light began swirling around until it formed a ball, "How dare you talk about Tenchi like that." With that she threw the ball at Gene.

Gene noticed the glowing red ball in Ryoko's hand and barely dodged the attack. "Hey, stop that."

"Why should I? Your insulting Tenchi." She dropped her hand. Both hands were now sporting red energy balls and she started firing them at both men.

Ayeka was looking for Ryoko when she heard blasts coming from close by. She woke the other girls and went to investigate. Running up to the scene, she noticed that Ryoko was firing energy blasts at two men. "Ryoko, what are you doing?"

"Ayeka, they insulted Tenchi. Plus they're up to something."

Meanwhile, Kagome went over to her backpack and was rummaging through it. She pulled out a bow and some arrows. "Good thing I brought these to do some target practice."

"Kagome," Huca was looking over Kagome's shoulder, "I didn't know that you were into archery. That's cool! Can you teach me?"

"Huh," Kagome got up and started off in the direction of the blasts. "I guess I can, but I need to get better myself first."

Kagome broke out in a run and after a few moments, Huca ran to catch up. Arriving at the scene, Huca noticed Ryoko firing some sort of red balls from her hands at two men. Ayeka was trying to calm her down, but it looked like it was making the demon even madder. "Ryoko, stop this now."

"Who's going to make me, Ayeka? You and what army, those logs of yours?"

"Oh, you," Ayeka began powering up as Ryoko started to throw energy balls in her direction. All of the sudden she was surrounded by hundreds of small logs, as if they were a shield.

Kagome watched in amazement. Seeing the logs surrounding Ayeka, she decided to intervene. She grabbed an arrow, placed it in the string, cocked her bow, aimed at the center of the fight, and shot. A white glowing light surrounded the arrow as it flew through the air. It landed in the middle of Ryoko, Ayeka, and the two men, all of whom looked at it and then her. Kagome walked over to the arrow. "Stop it, all of you. You're going to attract a lot of attention that we don't need right now." She looked at the two men, who were still shocked. "What do you want with us? Explain right now!"

"Oh man, Kagome has powers of some nature," Domon thought to himself. "This may be harder then we thought. What on earth were those logs that Ayeka summoned? We better rethink our strategy on this."

"Uh, nothing. We were just minding our own business when that demon attacked us." Gene had his hands up in front of him, waving them.

Kagome looked at Ryoko, "Is that true?"

What you're going to believe them over me? I've felt them following us since we left this morning, so I went to investigate and then they started insulting Tenchi so I attacked."

Kagome didn't know whether to believe her or not, but she figured that she didn't have any reason to doubt her. She returned her attention to the men. "I believe her story, not yours. Now start talking. What do you want with us?"

"Look, we don't mean any harm. We heard rumors that there was a demon among you and thus we wanted to find out if it was true. We're sorry to have caused so much trouble. We will leave you alone now. Come on Gene, let's leave the nice ladies alone." Domon grabbed the sleeve of Gene's shirt and started walking away.

Gene looked confused, but he figured Domon had a good reason for giving up and he followed the other man.

The girls watched them walk away. When they could no longer be seen, Kagome picked up her arrow, turned around, and walked back the way she'd come.

"Uh, Kagome," Ryoko disappeared and reappeared in front of Kagome, "how did you do that? I've never seen that kind of power before."

"Well, its something I picked up one day. Its nothing, really." She hoped that Ryoko wouldn't ask any more questions; she really didn't want to tell them her secret. "I think we should head back to the campsite now. I've had enough excitement for one day, besides I could use a nice refreshing swim."

"Ryoko, stop bothering her." Ayeka was puzzled, but she didn't feel like arguing with Kagome after what the girl had just displayed. "I feel like going for a swim also, lets go get our things and go back."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

InuYasha jumped out of the well to find Sota and his grandfather waiting for him. Grandfather was standing beside a big brown box. Sota peered around InuYasha and stared at the well to find Miroku slowly climbing out. At the site of Miroku, Sota smiled and nodded to his grandfather.

InuYasha went over to the box, opened it up, and threw clothes all over the floor. "What is this stuff for?"

"Ah. InuYasha stop that!" Grandfather had a surprised look on his face. He started picking up the clothes. "These are for the two of you. You can't expect to blend in with the clothes you are wearing. Move and I'll find you something more suitable to wear."

InuYasha stopped and stepped out of his way. "What? You expect me to wear those things? Are you crazy? They don't look like they will cover anything. I'll look stupid."

"Relax InuYasha. You want to see Kagome right? Then go along with this, ok!" Miroku figured that it couldn't hurt to go along with the plan. He thought that some of the clothes looked intriguing and couldn't wait to see if they made him a girl magnet.

InuYasha glanced at Miroku, growled, and showed him his fangs. "Feh, you want to wear those things cause it'll look like you're almost naked. I bet you figure that girls will be all over you. Well, you can wear those things if you wish, but I won't be caught dead in them."

"InuYasha, don't you want Kagome to think you look handsome?" Sota had figured that InuYasha wouldn't want to wear those clothes, so he figured that he would try to reason with him.

InuYasha turned his attention to Sota. "Heh, she doesn't like me in these clothes. What makes you think she's going to like me in those things?"

"You must not know my granddaughter." InuYasha turned his attention to Kagome's grandfather. "I've had my suspicions about the two of you for a while now. I don't understand why you act like you hate each other. Back in my day, when a boy liked a girl he didn't beat around the bush. He would tell her how he felt."

"Grandpa, don't you mean that the guy would club the girl over the head and drag her to his cave?" Sota figured that InuYasha and Miroku didn't want to hear his grandfather's advice.

His grandfather started crying. Rivers of tears ran down his face. "I'm not appreciated. Just because I'm old doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about."

"I find that the straight out method works best," Miroku said.

InuYasha glanced at Miroku. "Yeah right priest. The methods you use makes girls slap you. You can't go up to a girl and ask them to bear your child. It doesn't work like that, not that I'm an expert or anything." He turned his attention to Kagome's grandfather. "Look old man, things don't work the way they used to. Besides, I wouldn't know how to win Kagome over even if I wanted to."

"Just be yourself," Sota said.

"Yeah, that's all anyone can ask of you," Miroku added. He went over to the box and sifted threw some of the clothes. After a few moments, he took out a forest green tank top and a pair of dirty brown shorts. "Hum, this looks good to me. Wonder if it will fit. Only one way to find out." He moved out of the way of the box and commenced changing clothes.

Satisfied that Miroku had found an outfit, grandfather went over and sifted through the box. He threw a pair of black shorts at InuYasha and continued to look though the box. InuYasha looked at the shorts and growled. Grandfather stood back up. He had four different shirts draped over his arm. He held each one up so that InuYasha could see them. "Pick one."

"Feh, didn't you hear me old man? I said I wasn't going to change, didn't I?"

"Fine, go home then. Either you do as I ask or I don't help you to see Kagome. It's your choice."