InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Love Has No Boundaries ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Has No Boundaries

Chapter 5: Arrival

InuYasha walked over to the well and glanced inside of it. It was a tempting offer, but he really wanted to see Kagome. But why on earth did he have to wear those silly clothes to do so? He glanced over at Miroku, who was now sporting his new look. "Man, he looks silly. They expect me to dress like that also? What are they going to make me do next, put my hair in pig tails?" He thought.

"Are you sure that people wear this stuff in your time? I feel silly." Miroku glanced down at his bare legs, then up at his arms. He couldn't help but wonder whether girls would find him attractive. He smiled at that thought. This might work in his favor if he played his cards right.

"Yes, I'm sure. You look fine. It may take some getting used to, but you'll be a babe magnet. Can we get rid of that wrap on your hand?" Grandfather said.

"Babe magnet, eh?" Miroku smiled. "Sounds good to me. This wrap has to stay there. It keeps my wind tunnel from swallowing up everything in sight."

"Oh, that's ok. It doesn't match, but who cares. Most young people don't care about that sort of thing anyway."

"Why did you have to go and encourage him?" InuYasha said as he walked up to Kagome's grandfather. He wanted to hit him in the head, but decided against it. Instead, he grabbed a red tank top from Grandfather's arm, walked to the other side of the hut, and started changing.

Grandfather looked at InuYasha with surprise. He knew the demon usually didn't give in so quickly. He figured that it must mean that he really does like his granddaughter.

After a few minutes, InuYasha was sporting his new outfit. "I feel stupid. This sucks."

"Calm down InuYasha. It's not that bad. I like it." Miroku looked over at Kagome's grandfather. "Do you have something we could put over his ears?"

"Oh, yeah I almost forgot about that." He dug threw the box and pulled out a red baseball cap and a pair of sunglasses. He held them out towards InuYasha. "Here these should do just fine."

InuYasha walked over and grabbed the hat, which he put on his head. He then grabbed the sunglasses and looked at them curiously. "What the hell are these?"

Kagome's grandfather watched InuYasha sniff the sunglasses. When the demon put his finger up to the glass and tried to scratch it, he grabbed the glasses from him. "Don't scratch them. These are sunglasses. You put them on your eyes, like this." He dawned the glasses to demonstrate his point, then took them off, and handed them back to InuYasha.

InuYasha looked at them again, then mimicked what grandfather had done. He looked around the room. "Everything looks dark. Is it supposed to be like this?"

Miroku looked at InuYasha. He thought the sunglasses looked cool. He noted that he couldn't tell where the demon was looking, but could see his own reflection in the glass. "Those are cool. The up side is that no one will be able to tell that you have demon eyes."

"It's fine. You're inside a building, so it's going to be darker. It will shield your eyes from the sun when you go outside. Leave that sword here; people don't walk around with swords in this time," Grandfather said.

InuYasha put his hand on his sword, but before he could say anything Miroku stepped in front of him. "Um, it may not be normal to walk around with a sword in this time but please allow him to keep it. I will not go into details, just believe me when I say that he can't be without it." He turned around, looked at InuYasha, and winked his right eye. InuYasha stared at him in disbelief.

"Ok, I guess. Sounds like the sword is important to him."

Miroku turned towards Grandfather. "It is. How are we going to get to Kagome?"

"Ah yes." Grandfather reached into his shirt and pulled out a piece of paper, which he handed to Miroku. "I've taken the liberty of drawing you a detailed map. I will drive you to the park limits, but the map is in case you wish to get back here. I have also reserved a camping spot for both of you and have camping equipment waiting for you in the car. We should get going. Oh, leave your other clothes here. I will wash them and leave them here for you." He walked towards the door of the hut, opened the door, and disappeared into the courtyard.

InuYasha and Miroku watched as Sota followed his grandfather into the courtyard. Once they were out of hearing range, InuYasha stepped beside Miroku. "Why did you tell him that? He didn't need an explanation you know."

Miroku glanced at InuYasha. "I didn't give him an explanation. If I hadn't said something he would have insisted that you leave your sword here. We can't have that and you know it. I doubt anything bad is going to happen but we can't take that chance. I'm here to look out for you remember!"

InuYasha looked at Miroku and a slight smile creased his lips. "Didn't think about it like that." He glanced back out the door. "Let's go before he gets impatient."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Gene and Domon silently sat in their campsite. Neither could believe what Kagome had done, much less the other two girls. How were they expected to kidnap four girls, three of whom had some sort of powers, by themselves?

"Domon," Gene finally got up the courage to ask a question that had been driving him crazy, "do you suppose the other girl has power's also?"

"I don't know. I think it would be best if we assumed that she does. This is going to be harder than we expected." Domon glanced at Gene. "I'm a good fighter, but not good enough to take on three girls with unusual powers."

Gene glanced at Domon. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We're going to need back up. I hate to do this, but we need to call Masaru and ask for assistance."

"Your right. Guess who gets to make the call!"

"Damn."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Ayeka and Ryoko were alone in the woods.

"Ok Ryoko, no one is around."

Ryoko held out her arm and pressed a button on her watch. A light jumped out from a point and focused on the ground. A picture began to form within the light.

"Hello you two! Have you found out anything more about our friend?" Washu's form asked.

"She has unusual powers just like you said. By the way, two guys intersected us today. We think they're up to something. Do you have any ideas?" Ryoko said.

"Hum, very interesting." Washu put her right hand up to her chin and started thinking. "Interesting indeed. Two men you say? Not a clue, who are they?"

Ayeka and Ryoko looked at Washu in disbelief. "You mean, you don't know?" Ayeka asked.

"Am I supposed to?"

"You're the genius," Ryoko said. "Besides you told us that someone might try to kill Kagome, so we figured that you knew something about the people that want to kill her."

"I am a genius! I have some more research to do. Try to get some information about those two men." With that Washu's form disappeared and the light retracted back into the watch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

It took all the strength Miroku could muster to keep InuYasha from running off to find Kagome. He currently had the demon in a strangle hold. "Stop it InuYasha. You heard what her grandfather told us. Lets get settled and come up with a plan before we go charging off to find her."

InuYasha balled his fist and pounded Miroku on the head. "Plan? What for you idiot? Let me go!"

"Remember that she is with three friends who don't know that she travels back in time. I think we should go over there and pretend that we don't know her. You know, act like we are there to pick up some girls."

"You twit. Kagome will recognize us. You know that! Besides, I'm not here to pick up girls. I just want to talk to Kagome."

"You're here to pick her up." At that comment, InuYasha's fist connected with Miroku's head once again. "Ow, would you stop that?"

"I'm not here to pick her up," InuYasha had a sarcastic look as he glanced at Miroku. "I just want to talk to her. Would you let me go? I won't go anywhere, but I insist that we come up with a plan fast. I'm loosing my patients with you."

Miroku took his arms off of the demon and took a couple steps back. "Ok, I say we walk into their campsite, tell them that we spotted them earlier today, and ask them to join us for dinner."

"Nice plan," InuYasha said with a sarcastic tone. "Come on, lets go." He turned around and sniffed the air.

"You can smell her, can't you?"

"Yes you idiot. She's this way." He ran off towards the west without indicating the direction to Miroku, who ran to catch up with him.

"Stop InuYasha."

InuYasha stopped at an unoccupied campsite just to the left of the one that Kagome was occupying. Miroku caught up and noticed that InuYasha was staring at Kagome. "Ok, we're going to casually walk over. Let me do the talking."

InuYasha looked at Miroku. "Yeah, I can hear you now. You will go up to one of those girls and ask them to bear your child. Please! I'll just go grab Kagome and drag her off somewhere to talk."

Miroku narrowed his eyes at InuYasha. "You do that and she may never forgive you. I promise not to do anything stupid, at least until you and Kagome get a chance to talk. Does that please you?"

"Feh, we shall see about that."

Sitting by the fire, Kagome felt the cold shiver of a demon and promptly looked around her. Noticing Ryoko and Ayeka walking into the campsite, she calmed down. For a moment she thought that InuYasha had come to give her a piece of his mind. She noticed movement on the left side of the campsite and stood up to get a better view.

Two dark shadowy figures walked into the campsite. The darkness quickly evaporated as they walked into the light of the fire. Kagome stared at the men. Upon seeing the silver hair, her jaw dropped. She sat down and buried her face in her hands. "He is here. I'm in for it. Maybe I can talk him out of yelling at me. Wait a minute, who is the other guy?" She thought.

She slowly lifted her head and studied the other guy closely. Her eyes fell upon a purple wrap and prayer beads on his right hand. She buried her face in her hands once again. "MIROKU? Why did he bring him? This is not good." She thought.

Ryoko studied the new comers with growing unease. One of them was a demon, she was sure of it. She decided to remain calm and watch them, but if they started anything then she would be ready.

"Hi ladies," Miroku greeted. "We noticed you earlier today and were wondering if you would join us for dinner." He glanced around and spotted Kagome, but kept scanning their campsite. "Looks like you already have dinner going. Mind if we stay and chat?"