InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Love Has No Boundaries ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Has No Boundaries

Chapter 7: Alone

"Kagome?" InuYasha couldn't believe that she had declared him as her boyfriend. He grinned from ear to ear and a blush touched his cheeks. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and give her a long kiss. He shook his head but continued to stare at her back.

Huca dropped InuYasha's hand, stood up, and went over to Kagome. "Kagome are you feeling ok? We just met this guy. How can he be your boyfriend?"

Miroku, Ayeka, and Ryoko had walked over to the others and were contently watching the show. Kagome kept her gaze on the ground and slowly walked away from them. "Uh, I'm fine. I'm going for a walk. I need to be alone to think." Just loud enough for InuYasha's superior hearing to pick up, she added, "Follow me."

InuYasha heard the last thing she had said and knew it was directed at him. He stood up and watched her walk away. He was still perplexed by what she had declared moments before. He wanted to know more particularly whether her declaration was true or not. He waited till she was out of view and started moving in the direction she went. Huca stepped in front of him, grabbing his arms.

"Hey cutie, she wants to be alone. She's not your girlfriend, is she? I've never seen you before, so how could you be her boyfriend?"

"Uh..." He looked at her. How was he supposed to answer that? "Yes... I mean no... uh... I want... I love... no I like... ARGH!"

Huca was puzzled, as were Ayeka and Ryoko. Miroku smiled as he realized that InuYasha was thoroughly confused. Ryoko glided over to InuYasha and stepped behind Huca. "You're a demon, aren't you?"

InuYasha's thoughts faded and he stared at Ryoko. How did she know that? He sniffed the air and for the first time that evening he picked up her demonic scent. He pushed Huca out of the way cursing himself for letting his guard down. He squared off with Ryoko. "Heh, I'm not the only demon here. What do you want with Kagome?"

Miroku straightened up and braced for a fight. He noticed that Ayeka was tensing up and had moved away from him. "What have we gotten ourselves into this time? Don't tell me that she has powers also! I don't want to use my wind tunnel if I don't have to." He thought as he glanced at InuYasha. He had his hand on the handle of his sword.

"Ha, I was just about to ask you the same question. Seeing as how your Kagome's boyfriend, I'll leave you alone. Be warned, if you try anything with her then I will kill you." Ryoko stepped out of his way.

"Feh, you think I would hurt her? Be warned, if you try anything with her then I will kill you!" InuYasha snarled as he walked past her then broke into a run.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

"Domon this may be more trouble then its worth. Are you listening to this?"

"Yes I'm listening to it. Look, Masaru said that he was sending back up, right? We have nothing to worry about."

"But there are two guys there now. One of which is a demon. I don't know who the other man is but I bet he has powers also."

"Don't worry. If they get in the way, we'll have to eliminate them."

"Kill them?"

"No, just immobilize them temporarily. The girls are our only targets. Don't worry so much."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Kagome walked around for a few minutes wrapped in her thoughts. Why had she just declared InuYasha as her boyfriend? He didn't want her or did he? Wait, he didn't complain or yell at her. Then again, he may be waiting till they are alone. 'Oh man, he's going to give me hell over this. I can hear him now, Kagome you bitch I'm not your boyfriend. How dare you tell your friends that we are dating? I've never been so embarrassed in my life. Ah, why did I tell him to follow me? I'm so stupid.'

Before she realized it, she had walked into an empty campsite and sat down at a picnic table. She laid her arms on the table and placed her chin on them. She gave a sigh and closed her eyes.

"Kagome?"

"Huh?" She opened her eyes. Picking her head up, she saw InuYasha squatting on the table. She ran her eyes up his body till they met his eyes. How come he didn't look angry?

"Uh. thank you."

"Huh? What for?"

"Well, for getting Huca off of me for one thing. I was about to loose the battle with my patients. Uh, Kagome, did you... mean what you... uh... said?"

"Oh, yeah I didn't want you hurting her." She looked away from him. "What do you mean? I said a lot of things."

"Don't be stupid. You know what I'm talking about. The boyfriend thing you just declared to the world!"

She kept her gaze turned away from him. "Oh yeah, that. Uh..."

"Kagome, look at me please." When she refused to turn her gaze to him, he placed his hand under her chin nudging till she gave in and returned her gaze to him. He looked into her eyes lovingly. "Tell me honestly, did you mean what you said?"

She looked deep into his eyes. Why was he looking at her like that? Did he like the thought of being her boyfriend? "Well... uh..."

"Kagome? Look, I won't get mad at you. Just tell me, please."

She could hear the sincerity in his voice. "Look, I just said it on a whim."

"Oh," he was a little disappointed, "but did you mean it? I mean, is that what you want?"

She heard the hurt that he was trying to conceal. She sighed and tried to look away, but he refused to let her. Is that what she wanted? Of course it was. But should she tell him? He looks like he wants to know, but how will he take it? Better tell him before he bugs me about it. "Uh... yes, I meant it."

"Really?" She did want him. He resisted grinning like the happy puppy he was. Instead he glared at her with a blank expression.

"Don't look at me like that. If you don't like it, then yell at me and tell me what a stupid bitch I am." She huffed, put her right hand on his and tried yanking it away from her chin. It was useless. His hand refused to budge. She took her hand away making a fist and slammed it onto the table. "Damn it InuYasha, say something."

He looked on in amusement. She was getting angry and it made her look beautiful. A smile slowly crept across his lips. She looked startled by his smile, but he kept his mouth closed. He was still trying to figure out what to say, how to word it so that she wouldn't sit him. 'Kagome, I want you too. No not good, she'll slap me and say that I'm just like that lecherous priest. You've been mine since the day I first laid my eyes on you. I'm glad you've finally admitted that you're mine. No, she'll sit me a hundred times for that one. I think I can handle being sat, just to see her reaction.'

"Arg, InuYasha take your hand off of me this instant. I don't know why you are smiling, but this isn't funny. I was being serious." She grabbed his hand again and was surprised when he released his grip on her chin. She threw him a surprised look before getting up from the table. She turned away from him and stormed off toward the woods. In an instant he was in front of her, both hands on her shoulders. "InuYasha, leave me alone."

"No," he said softly as he looked into her eyes. She looked startled. "I didn't think it was funny. I just didn't know how to react."

"Well, you can start by telling me what your feeling."

He lowered his voice, afraid of her reaction. "I... don't know. I was hoping that it was true. I mean," he glanced at the ground, "that you want me to be your boyfriend." He glanced back at her, carefully watching her reaction.

Her jaw dropped as she stared at him in disbelief. 'He wants to be my boyfriend? Wait a minute, you mean he likes me?' She quickly pulled herself together and stared into his eyes.

He was surprised at her reaction but kept from showing it to her. He put his left hand to her face and trailed a claw gently down the outline of her cheek to her neck. He stopped just above the collar of her shirt and placed his hand back on her shoulder. He slowly pulled her close to his body wrapping his arms around her. The daydream, from the day before, filled his mind. He wondered if she would push him away if he tried to kiss her again. He shook that thought from his mind as her body pressed against his.

His claw gently trailed down her cheek and neck sending a shiver down her spine. As he placed his hand on her shoulder and started pulling her close to him she couldn't help but wonder if he would try to kiss her again. She made a mental note not push him away, no matter how awkward she felt. She really did want him to kiss her and if he tried he would get his way. When her body reached his, she wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled her head against his chest.

His hands wrapped tighter around her as he felt her arms circle around him and her head rest on his chest. After a few moments he released his left hand and placed it on the back of her head running his fingers threw her hair. Why couldn't he do this more often? Maybe it was because they were alone at the moment. He looked down at her still form and took a deep breath. The smell of jasmine flowers lifted off of her and entwined in his nostrils. This was just like his daydream, and he couldn't help smiling. He released his grip on her and so did she. Her head lifted to meet his gaze. He pulled her back slightly. "Is that what you truly want?"

She looked at him curiously. "Only if that's what you want. I don't want to get in the way of you and Kikyo."

He glanced at the ground. "I..."

She looked at him and clenched her heart. It felt like someone shot an arrow threw it. "I see." She wiggled out of his embrace, turned around, and started walking away. "Forget what I said. I was being stupid. I'll never make you choose between us. It's not fair to you."

"Kagome...."

"What would you want with a girl from another time? She staked her claim over you years before I was born." She felt tears forming in her eyes. She shook her head and tried to calm down. She was still walking away from him and she hoped that he wasn't hearing her words. But she knew that he would hear everything because of his superior hearing.

He couldn't move. He just stared at her retreating figure. She was right, Kikyo had staked her claim years ago. But Kagome was different then Kikyo. Kagome was more understanding, not to mention that she seemed to like him no matter what form he was in. Kikyo wanted him to become a human for her, but he hadn't once asked Kagome if that was what she wanted. He watched her until she was no longer visible. Figuring that she wanted to be alone, he jumped into a nearby tree.

Kagome continued walking. She was disappointed that InuYasha hadn't caught her, but she shook it off as she realized that it was probably for the best. After wandering for thirty minutes, she found another empty campsite, sat down at the picnic table, laid her hands on the table, and laid her head on her hands. She closed her eyes and sighed, tears flowed down both sides of her face.

"Now's our chance. She's alone. Doesn't look like that demon is anywhere near here. Let's grab her now."

"Be careful remember what Gene said about her having powers."

"Relax, we're both going to grab her and transmit her faster then she can think."

"Right."

Kagome felt a pair of arms grab her, pulling her off of the table with a jerking motion. She didn't open her eyes. She thought that InuYasha had come and she didn't want to see him. She felt the arms wrap around her as another set of arms grabbed her arms pinning them to her sides. When she opened her eyes, she was in a dark room. There were no signs of whoever had grabbed her and it was eerily chilly. She sat down to wait for her eyes to adjust to her new surroundings.