InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Love Has No Boundaries ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Has No Boundaries

Chapter 8: Trouble

A figure materialized in front of Domon and Gene. "We have captured the girl. Return to the castle and we shall handle the rest."

"What?" Gene looked at the creature, studying him. The creature was short and had pointed ears, but that wasn't what caught Gene's attention. There was a big white fluffy thing wiggling behind the creature. Gene walked around the creature and grabbed it. "What is this?"

"Let that go." The creature yanked his tail from Gene's grip. "That is my tail."

"Tail? What kind of creature are you?"

"I am a kitsune. My name is Jutaro."

Domon walked over and grabbed Gene's cape. "He said they captured the girl. Weren't you paying attention?"

"Huh?" Gene looked at Domon. "I heard the guy." He returned his attention to the kitsune. "Which girl did you get?"

"Kagome, I believe. We will get the rest of them, don't worry about it." With that he dissolved.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Ryoko twisted her head around, searching the campsite. Something wasn't right, but she couldn't put a finger on it. She went over to Ayeka and whispered. "Ayeka, something's wrong. Be on your guard."

Miroku had been trying to cheer Huca up when he noticed the stillness in the air. He stood up and looked around. At that moment, ten kitsune materialized in front of him. He placed his left hand on his prayer beads and glanced at Ryoko, noticing that she was powering up.

Ryoko rose off the ground and stopped just out of arms reach. Red balls began to form in her hands. "What do you want?"

The leader of the group spoke up. "We want all of you."

"Ha, don't think that we won't put up a fight." She watched as they spread out. A quick glance at Ayeka confirmed that the logs were back. She then glanced at Miroku who had shoved Huca behind him and was standing in a fighting stance with his staff in front of him.

Three kitsune had positioned themselves in front of Ayeka, three more positioned themselves in front of Miroku, and the other four had their eyes on Ryoko. The four forms below Ryoko took to the air and spread out around her. She grinned. "This is going to be fun."

InuYasha shifted against the tree. He sniffed the air and turned his head in the direction of Kagome's camp.

"Ah hell."

He jumped out of the tree and ran towards the campsite.

The attack came from all sides. Ryoko was shooting fireballs at her attackers. They seemed to dodge all of her attacks, which made her mad. She stopped shooting fireballs, put her hands to her sides, and sighed. The kitsune circled around her once again and got ready to attack. Ryoko clasped her hands in front of her chest then slowly moved her left hand away from her right hand. A blue light formed between her hands. She clasped her hands together, spread her feet, and glared at the kitsune in front of her.

In an instant Ryoko disappeared then reappeared behind the kitsune. She slid the light blade into the kitsune, which was in front of her, back before he knew what hit him. The kitsune fell to the ground, clinching the hole in his chest. Ryoko returned her attention to the three other kitsune who rushed her upon seeing their fallen comrade. Ryoko managed to fire one fireball before the kitsune jumped her, but it went flying off into the distance.

"Ryoko, hold on! Get behind me if you can." Ryoko glanced at Miroku and was about to protest when she saw him raise his right hand. She disappeared and reappeared in the air just behind Miroku. She watched as Miroku unwrapped the beads and opened his right hand up. All of a sudden, the wind shifted and started pulling in the direction of his hand. She noticed that the three kitsune that had attacked Miroku and the wounded kitsune were being drawn in. Once they disappeared into Miroku's hand, he closed it, wrapped the beads around it, glanced around, and ran over to Ayeka.

Ryoko's attackers had stopped once the wind had picked up. They watched as their comrades were sucked into the Miroku's hand. They returned their attention to Ryoko, surrounding her once again. "Huca, get out of here now!" The kitsune on Ryoko's left side screamed and fell to the ground. He had four long gashes in his back. The other kitsune watched him fall, but quickly returned their attention to Ryoko who started shooting fireballs once again. Ryoko heard a gasp and turned her head to her right side. The kitsune had an arrow threw his heart and in an instant he disintegrated. Ryoko returned her attention to the remaining kitsune.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Down below, Miroku was hitting his attackers with his staff. He noticed a kitsune fall to the ground clinching a hole in his chest. He returned his attention to his attackers. "Huca," he whispered to the girl at his back. "Don't move from there. I'm going to try something and I don't want you in the way." She quickly agreed with him and he glanced around the campsite. He figured that Ayeka was far enough away, but Ryoko might be at risk. "Ryoko, hold on! Get behind me if you can." He yelled.

He noticed that Ryoko looked like she was going to protest his request. He raised his right hand and put his left hand on the prayer beads. He watched Ryoko disappear. He waited a few moments before he releasing the beads on his right hand. He pointed his hand at his attackers. A powerful wind swept into the hole in his hand and swallowed up his three attackers and the wounded kitsune. He replaced the beads on his right hand and ran to help Ayeka.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

InuYasha burst through the woods just in time to see Miroku close his wind tunnel. He surveyed the scene, jumped in the air and dug his claws into the back of the closest of Ryoko's attacking kitsune. The kitsune picked itself off of the ground and launched himself on InuYasha. InuYasha looked at the blood on his claws. Returning his gaze to the kitsune, he grinned and flexed his claws. An arrow flew threw the air and hit another kitsune in the back. The kitsune dissolved. InuYasha glanced in the direction in which the arrow had come, thinking that Kagome had returned. He saw Huca with Kagome's bow.

Before InuYasha could register what had just occurred, the kitsune he wounded jumped him. InuYasha dodged the attack and dug his claws into the kitsune's stomach. The kitsune fell to the ground in a bloody heap. InuYasha unsheathed his sword. Once in his hands the tetsuiga's blade doubled in size. InuYasha brought the sword above his head and brought it down in a sweeping motion.

"If you wish to see your girlfriend alive again, you won't kill me."

InuYasha stopped the blade just above the kitsune's face. He growled, showed his fangs, re-sheathed his sword, and grabbed the kitsune by the shirt. He dragged the kitsune up till they were face to face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Huca watched as four kitsune disappeared into Miroku's hand, then watched as he ran over to help Ayeka. "Huca, get out of here now!" Huca glanced at Ryoko and watched as the kitsune on the demon's right side dropped to the ground and noticed InuYasha staring at the blood on his hand. She glanced around and spotted Kagome's bow and arrows. She ran over, picked the bow up, put an arrow in the string, and aimed at the kitsune on Ryoko's right side. She cocked the bow back and let the arrow fly. She was surprised when the arrow hit the kitsune in the back, dissolving him. InuYasha glanced at her disbelievingly for a second before the wounded kitsune pounced on him.

She strung another arrow and aimed at a kitsune that was fighting Ayeka and Miroku. She heard a voice in her head. "He's going to disappear. Fire!" She let the arrow fly. The arrow hit the kitsune in the back just as he started to disappear. He too dissolved. She strung another arrow, cocked it back, and stood ready to fire.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Miroku got in front of Ayeka, raised his right hand, and started to unwrap the beads sealing his wind tunnel. He noticed one of the kitsune starting to disappear. An arrow flew threw the air and hit the kitsune in the back. The kitsune dissolved under the arrows power. Miroku glanced in the direction the arrow had come, hoping to see Kagome. Instead his gaze fell upon Huca. He shook his head and returned his attention to the remaining two kitsune. He wrapped the beads back around his hand and bought his staff in front of him. He felt Ayeka's power rising, but kept his attention on his attackers.

Ayeka had called forth her logs before the battle had begun. They surrounded her like a shield. Every attack that the kitsune threw at her was easily deflected. She started laughing as the kitsune launched themselves at her. The kitsune bounced off of her shield and rolled onto the ground. She felt a gush of wind rush past her and glanced up. She watched as the four kitsune were sucked into a hole in Miroku's hand. He closed his hand, wrapped the beads around it, and ran over to her, getting in front of her.

"Good, just the distraction that I need." She thought.

She started to gather energy, keeping her eyes on her attackers. She noticed one of them start to disappear. An arrow flew threw the air hitting the kitsune in the back dissolving it. She raised her arms in front of her, opened her hands, and watched as balls of green light circled around them. She released a fireball and caught one kitsune between the eyes. He fell to the ground. The remaining kitsune watched his comrade fall, ran over to him, and started to disappear. Miroku's staff came down on his head and an arrow stuck in his side, dissolving him instantly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Ryoko's last attacker disappeared but not before getting hit in the face by Ryoko's fist. Ryoko floated to the ground. Miroku looked over the kitsune that Ayeka had struck and confirmed that he was dead. Ayeka recalled her logs and ran over to InuYasha. Miroku joined them after a few seconds. Huca had restrung an arrow and had it trained on the remaining kitsune.

"My girlfriend? What are you talking about?" InuYasha barked.

"You heard me. We took her and it won't be easy getting her back."

"Grr, who are you talking about?"

"Your girlfriend, Kagome. We took her to our master. He will have his way with her." He began to laugh.

"W... what did you say?" InuYasha released him and brought his sword up again, but before he could finish the sweeping motion Miroku grabbed the kitsune by the neck and dragged him to his feet.

"You kidnapped Kagome?" Miroku was surprisingly calm, but he kept the death grip on the kitsune's neck.

"Yes, it was surprisingly easy considering how much power she's reported to have. She's such a weakling."

Ayeka found some rope, went over to Miroku, got behind the kitsune, and wrapped him tightly. Once he was securely wrapped, Miroku released him and let him fall on the ground.

"Watch out, he can get out of that easily." Ryoko said as she got behind the kitsune. "You try anything and I'll follow you."

The kitsune looked up at her, "Right!"

"Don't worry. If he moves I'll kill him." Huca said.

Everyone looked at her. Ryoko spoke up. "That won't help if he disappears."

"I caught two of them just as they were disappearing. I can stop him also."

"How did you do that?" Miroku said as he walked over to Huca.

"I don't know. I just did it. Something told me that he was going to disappear and that I should fire and I did. You should talk, what's with that air current black hole thingy?"

"Shut up, that's not important right now." InuYasha returned his icy gaze back to the kitsune. "Start talking. You said you kidnapped Kagome. Where is she?" InuYasha barked out. He snarled showing his fangs.

"Geez, if she means that much to you, why did you let her out of your sight?"

"She needed to be alone. Don't change the subject."

"InuYasha, calm down." Miroku held up his left hand. "Getting mad isn't going to get us anywhere."

"Grr, easy for you to say. She doesn't mean anything to you."

Miroku shot him a nasty look. "She is my friend. As her friends we have an obligation to her. I know you're in love with her, but try to clear your head for a moment and think straight."

"Lo... love? You have got to be kidding."

"InuYasha, this is not the time to get into this. We need to help Kagome." Miroku returned his attention to the kitsune. "What is your boss planning on doing to her?"

Before the kitsune could answer, a buzzing noise broke through the silence. Ryoko grabbed the watch on her hand, trying to silence the noise. When it refused to stop, she turned to Ayeka. Ayeka nodded her head and watched as Ryoko pushed a button on the side of the watch. A light sprang out from a point on the watch and a form began to materialize in the light. Everyone watched in mild amusement as a woman's form took shape.

"Well, hello." Washu looked over the crowd staring at her.

"Washu, you could have picked a better time," Ryoko said.

"Nonsense, this is the perfect time. Kagome has been kidnapped, I see."

"How on earth did you know that?" InuYasha went over to the Washu's figure and sliced his hands threw the light.

Ryoko grabbed his wrists, which earned her a growl. He yanked his arms out of her grip and hit her on the head. "Don't touch me bitch!"

A red fire ball hit InuYasha square in the chest throwing him to the ground a few feet away. InuYasha glanced up at Ryoko. "Don't touch me either!"

Miroku got in front of InuYasha. "That's enough. We have more important things to attend to right now." He turned to Washu's figure. "Who are you? How do you know that Kagome was kidnapped? What do you want with her? How do we find her?"

"Me? I am the scientific genius Washu. I know she was kidnapped because she is not with you. Besides, I knew something was going to happen to her. That's why I sent those two," she pointed at Ryoko and Ayeka, "to stop it from happening."

"Washu it's not our fault. She was off with that demon," Ayeka pointed at InuYasha. "He should have protected her."

"Don't pin this on me bitch. How was I supposed to know that she was going to get kidnapped?" InuYasha crossed his arms on his chest and stared at Washu's figure.

"They would have kidnapped her anyway. They would have found a way no matter who was protecting her. Let me see that guy you captured," Washu said while trying to look through the crowd to get a glimpse of the kitsune.

InuYasha grabbed the kitsune and threw him in front of Washu. "Well, what an interesting specimen. Where did you take Kagome?"

"Humph, you think I'm going to tell you? I will tell you that you won't recognize her once he's done with her. She is his now." The kitsune started laughing but quickly stopped when InuYasha kicked him in the stomach, forcing him to vomit blood.

InuYasha crouched down and grabbed the kitsune's shirt, yanking the kitsune up to his face. "Who is he? What is he going to do with my Kagome? Where is she? Start talking fox."