InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Mystery lady ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

The days passed quickly and summer rapidly turned into winter. When snow came, everyone was cheerful. Every day, the boys would do snow fights or drink hot cocoa. The snow made them feel young again. Not Yukiko though.

"Hey! Tonight is parent's night! I get to see parents around here! It's been soooo long since I've seen some…" Yahiko blabbed on about parents. Everyone, Soujiro, Yahiko, Kenji, Ryuken, Kenohono, and Yukiko, were in Ryuken's room.

Kenji said excitedly," Can't wait to see my dad. My mom is a little exception. I don't like her bokken." He shivered when he said bokken.

"Such a little boy. *cough Momma's boy *cough"

"What!!! Say that to my face shrimpy." The bickering went on with Soujiro and Kenji. Ryuken just shook her head and faced Kenohono. "Are your parents coming Ken?" Kenohono shook his head mournfully.

"No. Business calls."

"That's too bad. Same thing with my parents, but my mom can come. She does anything to help me improve my grades." Ryuken looked at Yukiko briefly. Yukiko slightly raised her eyebrows to show her slight amazement. So…her mom knows she's in a boy's element school. Wonder if she knows she's a half demon.

"Is your parents coming Yukio," asked Kenohono.

"No," Yukiko snapped," they can't." She looked away and felt her eyes stinging.

"Oh my god. Is it just me or is Yukio crying," said Yahiko unbelievably.

"SHUT UP!!!" Yahiko sweat dropped when he saw flames erupting around her.

"Uhhh…I think its time to go," suggested Kenji.

"See ya," said Soujiro. The three walked out of the door as fast as they could.

"Yukio," asked Kenohono with concern," are you okay? You want to talk about it?" Yukiko looked at him with heartbreaking eyes.

"No."

"I think you should go," whispered Ryuken.

"Yah. I think so too. Bye you guys. See you tonight." He walked out the door, but looked at Yukio briefly with anxiety before he was gone.

"Are you okay?"

"Yah. I'm fine."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it."

"Yes. I can't tell you all my secrets you know." Yukiko chuckled softly.

"All right. Be that way. I gotta go to the library to research on that huge report that the history teacher gave us about the American Revolution. Do you need to come?"

"No, I finished that two days ago."

"Ehhh?! No Way! Baka! Oh well. See ya later porcupine!" She picked up her jacket and book bag and walked out the door. Yukiko ignored her and stared of in space. Father. Why did you have to die. You have such a warm heart. You practically couldn't kill anything. That's probably why you didn't kill that human boy. Because you were so soft hearted, you got yourself killed. How could you do this to me! It's bad enough I remember how mom died. Seeing you die also is killing me. Or, it might have been that boy's fault. He was a good fighter. DAMN HIM!!! Why did my father do this to me. It's all his fault. Because of him, I'm always cold, bitter, angry...

Yukiko woke up from her trance and looked at the clock in Ryuken's room. It was 5:30 p.m. Everyone would be with their parents, having a fun time. Gloom seeped into her bones. She wandered around the house and when she got in her room, she looked at the trunk at the foot of her bed. She walked up to it. Yukiko hesitated. Maybe it should be left alone. I shouldn't think about the past. I should just dump it… She shook her head to get the negative thoughts out of her mind and she opened it. The trunk was full of old memories. From photos to baby clothes, it was all in there. She rummaged through the memoirs and took out a long, wooden, hand-carved box. She slowly opened it and girl kimonos she used to wear were in there. She chose the one that was white with blue snow swirling around the sleeves and the hem of the kimono. She donned it on and took out a silk shawl that lay in the box. She untied her hair, letting it fall down to her waist. Yukiko walked out of the house, into the forest.

I remember. I remember everything. It was the very day when I wore this kimono. I knew my dad would come back from his daily workout and normally I would just wear a boy's yukata, but today was special. It was his birthday. I arranged everything from cakes to presents. Everything was prepared. When I saw him walking toward the house. I ran out to greet him when I noticed he was standing rigid still. I stopped and looked at where the directions of his eyes went and saw a boy, around the age of 15. I couldn't see how he looked like because he wore a black mask and his clothes were all black. He took out a long, yet broad sword and he attacked my father. I couldn't watch it. I couldn't bear the fact he was unarmed. Plus, he can't show people that he was a demon, but the boy's sword told me he was on a mission to kill demons, to kill my fath… Yukiko looked at the distance and saw a shadowy person walking toward her. Father?! Her eyes blurred. She wiped her eyes with her sleeves and looked again. Kenohono? Aieeeee!!! It's Kenohono!!! I'm in a girl's kimono! What am I going to do?! Help me! Anyone! Save me! She looked around for any escape routes and just when she was about to make her getaway, he spots her. Great! He saw me! NOW I CAN'T RUN AWAY!!! STUPID!!! BAKA!!! Okay. Relax. Breathe Yukiko. Breathe. He wouldn't know who you are. My hair is down and I'm in a kimono. That boy isn't bright so I'll be safe, hopefully. She waited with apprehension.

________________________________________________________

Kenohono's POV

I just wandered around the forest and when it got too cold for me, I started toward the direction I went. I was in my own thoughts when someone in the distance broke my thoughts. It's a girl. Strange. A girl. In our school? She looks pretty, even from the distance. Strangely, it seems as if I know her in a way. That same feeling I get when I'm around with Yukio. Who is this girl?

________________________________________________________

Kenohono walks to Yukiko. "Hi! You must be new around here. Are you lost?"

"Ummm…ummm…no. I think."

"Well, the only girl element school is half way across the world. Why are you here?"

"Hehe…I guess…I just wandered around…and…and…fell into a ditch or something…and landed here…yeah."

"Well, since you are technically lost, I should…do I know you?"

"Uhhhh…no? No…not at all…you definitely don't know me since I don't know you…you get the point. Right?" There's something fishy about her thought Kenohono.

"I guess I don't know you (Yukiko nervously flattened her bangs), but what's your name?"

"Uhhh…my name…well, I have a name…and it's a girl's name too. It's…Yuki…ko. Yeah! My name is Yukiko. Nice to meet you…"

"Oh. My name is Kenohono. You could just call me Ken."

"Nice to meet ya Ken." Silence took place making them uncomfortable when a recognizable voice shattered it.

"YUKIKO!!! WHY ARE YOU OUT IN THE FOREST WITH A KI…uhhh…hi?"

"That's Ryu. He's one of my friends (she catches up to Kenohono and is staring at Yukiko with a I can't believe it expression) at this school. Ryu, meet Yukiko."

"I already know…oh…hi."

"You've met? Are you…ya know."

"NO," and Yukiko shouted in unison.

"I just came here to…take her back to her mother.
"Yeah, I gotta go. See ya…Kenohono."

"Bye…Yukiko." They stared for a brief moment. With a beet red face, she walked away from Kenohono while she dragged Ryuken by the collar, making her choke. I think I'm falling for her. Why?

-------------------------------------

This is the part when they meet as a girl and boy. Could have been better, but I've never been in these situations before, so I had to imagine it. Don't make fun of me!!! (Don't mind what I saying SilverDemon87 and Animeangel007).