InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Yukiko? Who's she? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5

Ryuken had some minor difficulties of bringing Yukiko back to the house, but other then that, everything was safe. She slammed the door and looked at Yukiko with a weird expression on her face. "What?!"

"You…in a kimono. That's so not you."

"I have my reasons missie."

"Really? I thought it was for Kenohono." Yukiko growled. The chair that Ryuken was sitting on turned into a pure block of ice. "Aieeee!!!!!!!" She jumped into the air and jumped around the room to defrost her butt.

"Don't meddle with my business." Ryuken finally calmed down once she was back to normal.

"If you don't tell me, I'll bug you until you kill me."

"You know, you're right. Maybe I should."

"Hehe. Did I just say that, I didn't mean that you know." She kneeled next to Yukiko. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

"Maybe later. Not now. It's too soon." Ryuken skeptically looked at her.

"Well, what do you want to do?" An awkward silence followed. Someone knocked on the door.

"AIEEEE!!!!" Yukiko and Ryuken panicked. Yukiko just ran around the house while Ryuken chased her to tackle her. Ryuken finally managed, just managed, to trip her.

"Relax," Ryuken hissed," they won't recognize you. One suggestion though, act happy, not crabby." She walked toward the door and opened. Yukiko flattened her bangs. Kenji, Soujiro, Yahiko, and Kenohono came through the door. When she saw them, her faced turned into a milky white. She slinked into the shadows, blending with the background.

"Today wasn't that bad," said Kenji," well, at least my mom left her bokken."

"Scared of just a bokken. Sheesh, what a baby."

"Soujiro, have you met my mom with her faithful bokken."

"No, why?"

"Trust me you won't like it." Yahiko and Kenji shuddered. Kenohono was just staring out in space. Ryuken broke their conversation.

"Hey, I want you to meet someone (Ryuken was dragging Yukiko out the shadows). Everyone, this is Yukiko, Yukio's…fourth…cousin. That's right! His fourth cousin. They look a lot alike."

Everyone greeted her with warmth and Kenohono was looking at her intently. She glared at Ryuken.

"So, what's his cousin doing out here?" asked Kenji.

"Uhhhh," pondered Yukiko," I just…came out here…to meet my…cousin." WHAT! mentally Kenohono shouted She said she was lost. I knew it! There IS something fishy about her.

"I never knew he even had relatives," said Soujiro.

"I wonder why," replied Yahiko.

"Yukiko," asked Kenji," do you know why Yukio is so cold?" Yukiko's eyes went faraway for a moment, but she came back to earth.

"No," she said softly. She looks like that girl. That girl was there on the same day when I killed the demon Hiroshi. Could this girl, be Yukiko?

"Oh well, guess we'll never know."

"Not like it's important, but it would be an improvement if he was a bit more loose." She glared at Kenji with blue eyes.

"He probably has his reasons," she snapped. Someone knocked on the door. Yukiko gets up to escape the discussion and opens the door. Kenshin and Kaoru were standing. Yukiko silently allowed them in. She made sure Kenshin couldn't see her face.

"Hello. Is Kenji here?" asked Kaoru.

"Yes," Yukiko murmured," right this way." She led them to Ryuken's room. Everyone looked at the doorway and was surprised to see Kenji's parents.

"Uhhh…hi mom, hi dad."

"Kenji," Kaoru said in a fake, sweet voice," I must talk to you for just a moment. Outside." Kenji gulped and wobbling, walked outside with his mother. Everyone, with question mark eyes, looked at Kenshin.

"She just wanted to talk *cough * about his grades and citizenship."

"The bokken," someone whispered. Kenshin nodded. Yukiko looked at the floor. Isn't this the person, who was with the man, who killed my father?

"So, who is this girl you're manipulating?" Everyone blushed.

"We are NOT manipulating her," shouted Ryuken. Yukiko glared at him with cold, green eyes. Kenshin's socks were turned into a thin sheet of ice. He was hopping around the house to melt it. Yukiko looked at him with golden-red eyes and she melted it for him. Luckily, she did not toast his feet. Ehhh thought Kenohono doesn't Yukio have the same abilities as her? They must be really related to each other.

"Is she cold-blooded?" Kenshin asked.

"Hehehe…ummm…no?" Ryuken sighed.

"You just got on my nerves. That's all. If I was really angry, you'd be crispy by now." Everybody sweat dropped when Yukiko said that. Kenji came back into the room, with pain-filled eyes, his mom right behind him. She was carrying bokken with pride.

"Guess I'll go." Kenshin got up and directed Kaoru and Kenji out the door.

"Guess we'll go too." Yahiko, Soujiro followed Kenji, not wanting to desert their friend.

"I'll go too." Kenohono got up and paused. He looked at Yukiko with a confused look. "You really are like Yukio. I would never be able to tell the difference between you too. You are so much alike." He walked out the door. Ryuken looked at Yukiko with a frustrated look. Ohh great. Whoopdedoo. It's another argument about my coldness and why I nearly gave myself away as Yukio NOT as a demon.

------------------------

Everyone meets girl Yukiko. ~.~