InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ If We Could Go Further Away ❯ Under The Stars ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If We Could Get Further Away

Recommended Reading: Two Swords: The Tangled Web-Missteya, For The Love of An Enemy-Emerald Night, "America?"-Vedelle, and my other stories! ^.^ (Fox has been really good on reading and reviewing my stories! Thanks gurl!)

Chapter Three: Under The Stars

"Talking"

`Thinking'

(Me asking questions or telling you stuff I forgot)

*Me telling you non-important stuff about myself or something*

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin or Inuyasha. Blah blah blah.

Last Time:

They walked out of their house and started heading into town, getting more aquatinted with Sanosuke and Kenshin.

This Time:

After only God knows how many hours of walking and shopping, four overly exhausted people came back to the dojo. Sanosuke and Kenshin had insisted they carry the food instead of Kagome and Sango, and so, grudgingly, in the end, they gave in and let them carry the food.

"Why don't you guys rest? Me and Sango can cook dinner tonight. Just take a bath and relax till its ready okay!" Kagome informed the two lumps on the ground, or Sanosuke and Kenshin I should say.

"Thank you Miss Kagome and Miss Sango!" Kenshin managed to sigh/thank.

"It's no problem. Just go relax," Sango said as she and Kagome went off to go cook dinner.

Dinner that night was amazing! There was oden, Sushi, fried fish, and *insert favorite dessert here*. Yahiko, Kenshin, and Sanosuke thanks Sango and Kagome over and over, making the girls blush.

After dinner, Kagome and Sango took turns taking a bath. Sango took hers first and told Kagome that she would be in the room afterwards. Kagome sighed and sank into the hot and steamy water. Her thoughts drifted back to Kenshin. `I bet that was his girlfriend. Poor guy. I know how he feels to have loved and lost. Damn you Inuyasha! Why? Why would you choose death over life? When all Kikyo wants is to bring you to Hell with her, and all I want is for your happiness. Are you really that stupid to throw away you whole life?' "Why?!" Kagome sobbed the last part.

Kagome slapped herself. "I'm so stupid! Crying over something I knew was bound to happen. Well, that's it! If Inuyasha can just go on and forget about what we had then so can I! My heart will be broken no longer. If that's what that baka wants, then so be it. I was such a fool," Kagome berated herself.

Kagome's bath lasted for about 10 minutes, and then she finally got out. She dried off on with the towel that Yahiko had given her and slipped into the pink kimono that he had also offered her to change into till they washed their clothes.

Kagome walked out into the open air. She loved being outside. She placed her towel in the bin that Yahiko had shown them and she looked around the grounds. There was a beautiful cherry tree by itself a little ways off. Kagome made her way slowly to it. There was a little bench beneath it and she sat down and gazed up at the stars, like she had done with Inuyasha so many times before. Memories flashed thru her mind of all the times they had together and all the times he hurt her.

Tears slid down her cheeks, and her eyes were very bright and looked glassy. Her nose and cheeks had turned pink, making her look even more beautiful.

"Excuse me, Miss Kagome. Sorry, I didn't know anyone else would be out here. Do you mind if I join you?" Kenshin asked her.

"Oh! I'm sorry Kenshin-sama! Of course you may," Kagome said, wiping her face with her sleeve, as Kenshin sat down next to her.

"I love it out here, that I do. Me and Miss Kaoru would come out here every night and gaze at the stars. It was nice to get away from all the noise of the others, that it was," Kenshin told her, looking at the stars, mesmerized by them.

"Kenshin-sama," Kagome hesitated a little. "Do you mind if I ask you about Miss Kaoru?"

"Well, Miss Kaoru was…she was always cheerful. The light of my life. She was always kind to everyone, but she could have a fiery temper too, that she did. She and Yahiko would always fight like brothers and sisters would. I think she saw him as her little brother, and that is why she gave him the dojo, that I do. You sort of remind me of her Miss Kagome, that you do. You both seemed very thoughtful and were always cheerful, yet would always protect your friends, no matter what the cost." Kenshin looked at Kagome and saw she was blushing, yet looked as though her tears would fall again.

"I'm sorry Kenshin-sama. I didn't mean to-"Kagome said, but was cut off.

"Its okay, Miss Kagome. I miss Miss Kaoru a lot, that I do, but I know that she would want me to continue living and not be saddened by her death. I know that she's watching over all of us," Kenshin reassured Kagome.

`Oh Gods! If only Kikyo could be like that! I only wish for Inuyasha's happiness and Kaoru only for Kenshin's. Seems some of us are all alike…demo, some of us are too selfish. Like Kikyo. Why couldn't she be happy for me and Inuyasha? Why?!' Kagome's tears finally fell as she indulged into the release her tears demanded.

Kagome wept silently, staring up at the stars. Kenshin turned to look at Kagome and saw her crying again. This sort of scared Kenshin. "Miss Kagome, are you okay? What's wrong?" Kenshin asked the sobbing girl.

Kagome tried to speak, she really did, nut all she could do was nod her head in a "no" fashion, and bury her head in her hands. Kenshin wrapped his arms around the weeping girl and she cried into his chest.

When the tears were all gone, Kagome wiggled out of his grasp. "I'm so sorry Kenshin-sama. I didn't mean to-demo. Inuyasha…"Kagome tried to form sentences.

Kagome suddenly felt incredibly tired. As they both stood up to leave, Kagome swayed and fell. Luckily, Kenshin caught her and sat her back down on the bench. Kagome snuggled into his warm embrace and was soon dead to the world.

Kenshin blushed and sighed. It was going to be a peaceful sleep, sure. But he's never hear the end of it from Sanosuke tomorrow. It didn't matter though. He was happy and content to just be here, holding Kagome in his arms and sleeping….under the stars.

Word(s) I used that you nay or may not know:

Wakaru: I understand. Used last, last chapter

Demo: But. Just incase any new readers didn't know what that meant! No shame!

A/N: Well, there ya have it! Some fluff in there! I know this whole Kagome crying over Inuyasha thing is SO over used, but ya gotta understand that it set up for the whole fluff in this chapter! Well, I hope ya enjoyed it, and there are other wonderful stories out there, just waiting to be read, like "America?" by Vedelle! Thanks again all!

Fox: Hey! Thanks for the review! Well, I hope this chapter answers your first question, and I am thinking of putting Sano/Sango together! Just gotta see with time! And I ALMOST got it! Messed up on number 4! *mutters incoherent things* Hope ya liked this chapter!

Vedelle: Why thank you! I feel loved! And you story is very good too! I REALLY hope you update soon! Please please please do! Hope ya liked this chapter! Leave me a line if ya did aite!

Hellagoood#1: Hey! Thanks for the love! Makes me happy and motivated! Well, yes, this IS going to be a Kenshin/Kagome fic okay! I just had to have one, so, here it is! Hehe, thanks for the review and I hope this chapter suits ya!

Next Chapter: What News Megumi Brought

(That's how you spell her name right?) *OH! And also, I might change the name of the chapter, cause I still have to think of the base for next chapter tonight okay!)