InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ What is He Doing Here? ❯ Chapter Two: Into the Meiji Era ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What is He Doing Here?

Chapter Two: Into the Meiji Era

Disclaimer: Sadly I do not own Inuyasha, but if I did, then a lot of things would be different, mostly in the whole Kagome and Sesshoumaru department. Though I do enjoy how it is now.

Summary: Kagome and crew finally destroy Naraku, though things didn't come out to what they were planed to. Kagome is sent in time away from her family and friends in both times, a time in-between. She meets new people and someone from her past, but will he be friend or foe, or maybe even a lover? Sess x Kag (Okay I know this might be strange but this story is going to be a cross-over of Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin. Weird I know, just read!)



Melody55: Hey! Guess what! I finally got around to typing this up! Sorry for the wait! Anyways…. I decided to try to new writing styles out… so I’ll be having an additional two new stories out soon. One’s an AU, I’ve never done one before so I’m not sure, but my friends seem to like it…

Sess: Can we get on with the story?

Kag: Oh, don’t be so impatient and rude!

Sess: Hn!

Melody55: Seems you have him on a short leash.

Kag: Yup!

Sess: *Goes to sulk*





“Kenshin, what is it?” Kaoru asked, she was the assistant master of the Kamiya Dojo. Kaoru and Kenshin were out getting some tofu when Kenshin suddenly stopped. Usually when this happens, some kind of trouble is around, or shows up, but Kaoru couldn’t see anything to go on that theory.

“Something’s coming fast, it’s headed towards the river from the sky, that it is.” Kenshin replied to Kaoru, they were standing on the bridge over the so-called river. Though Kenshin thought it was quite odd for someone to be falling from the sky. “The person might be in trouble or injured, that they might.”

“I hope they’re alright…” Kaoru replied worriedly. ‘Whoever it is, how did they end up being in danger. Even though these times should be peaceful, they’re still people causing trouble and harming people…’

While Kaoru was thinking, Kenshin could finally make out whom it was, that was coming from the sky. ‘Finally I can really make it out. All I could make out was a blur, that I could.’

** Kagome **

‘What’s happening to me? … Am I falling? … Why am I so cold? ...’ With that last thought Kagome lost the battle to stay awake and passed out.

Kagome had just been teleported in time away from her friends and family. It was the last act of evil that Naraku had dealt to her friend and her. Now she was free falling from the sky, passed out, and heading straight down into the river that was below her.

Kenshin arrived just in time to see a young girl in strange clothing, fall into the raging river after falling from the sky. Of coarse before he got there, he had to run off a bridge and across the shoreline to get to where he was now. He immediately jumped into the water to save her from drowning, for how could she save herself if she was passed out.

“Kenshin!” Kaoru yelled she was beginning to become worried because Kenshin had yet to surface. Kaoru looked fractionally around the surface of the water. Though she couldn’t see a thing, considering that the wind had picked up and was creating high waves in the river. It seemed as though a storm was coming, a very large storm. With the idea of a storm coming in mind, Kaoru because increasingly worried about her friend, Kenshin. Then, once the rain started, Kaoru could see Kenshin holding a young girl on his back.

“Miss Kaoru, please throw some rope.” Kenshin stated in a very hoarse voice, Kaoru thought that maybe he in took some water… Kenshin knew though that he wouldn’t be able to swim to shore, the current was to strong now that he was tired from trying to retrieve the young girl.

Kaoru spotted some rope under the bridge that was over the river. Though at the time she thought nothing of it…

Kenshin grabbed the rope that Kaoru had momentarily before thrown to him and started get pulled into shore. ‘I didn’t know that Kaoru has such good aim, though I’m surprised about her strength, she is a swordsman, in a matter of speaking.’ Kenshin thought as he was helping Kaoru by climbing up the rope to get back to shore. At last with the efforts of Kenshin and Kaoru, all three of them were not only soaked to the bone, but also safe on solid ground.

“Kenshin, do you know who she is, she’s wearing a very odd clothing.” Kaoru asked never in her life had she seen clothing like hers. “Maybe she’s a foreigner?” They decided to go with that; it would stir up less trouble in the town.

“I’m not sure who she is, Miss Kaoru, that I’m not. Though we should get her into something warm so she doesn’t get sick. We should also do the same thing that we should.” Kenshin replied, though there were a couple things that were bothering him.

‘I feel like I know her, yet don’t. It’s like she was described in a story to me. Why did that rope suddenly appear as well? I don’t remember it being there before. The other thing that’s bothering me is how did she come to fall from so far in the sky?’ Kenshin thought about this seriously, there was something going on, and it did not bold well to him, he would just have to ask the girl some questions when she woke up.



Melody55: That’s it for chapter two! Please review!

Sess: When am I going to be in the story?

Kag: Oh relax.

Sess: Seriously I want to know!

Melody55: Couple chapter maybe, depending on how you behave…

Sess: … you are a cruel, cruel, woman …

Kag: Anyways! Please review, Melody55 will be very happy, if you do!

Sess: Have any questions just ask…

Kag and Mel: O_O

Sess: What!?!? I’m behaving!