InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Reincarnation of Naraku ❯ Chapter 9 Friend from the past ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

Friend from the past

The next day Usagi and the others were gathered at Hikawa Shrine while Setsuna was telling the girls about the messiah. "If a just person touches the Sacred Cup the light of justice will fill the world and strike out all evil. However, if an evil person touches it evil will dominate the world and the age of darkness will begin. If that happens, our future will change." Setsuna explained.

"Then, that dream is." Rei was thought to herself as she recalled the dream she had.

"Setsuna, you came from the future to tell us, right?" Ami asked.

"Yes. I have to go now." Setsuna said as she got up to leave.

"Oh? Why is that?" Usagi asked the guardian of time gates.

"I'm meeting with Sailor Uranus and Neptune to find the Messiah." Setsuna answered.

"Oh... W... Wait!" Usagi said to stop Setsuna from leaving. But Setsuna was gone before Usagi had a chance.

"Why just the three of them?" Makoto asked.

"Oh... I wish they told us more." Usagi companied.

"Don't be so demanding!" Luna told the blonde while Artemis sat next to the cat.

"I think they have some reason." Artemis said to the group hoping to figure out a reason why Setsuna and the outer Sailor Senshi wouldn't tell them everything.

"Even so." Usagi muttered.

"But it's a little unfortunate that you're not the Messiah." Makoto said with a glum expression on her face.

"Anyway, we have to think about finding the Messiah." Ami suggested.

"But where should we look?" Makoto asked.

"Oh! Why don't we focus on restaurants? Since it's a Messiah, the place we can find it is like... Ura-Meshiya!" Minako suggested to the others, the other's only reply was a sigh because they couldn't believe that Minako would suggest something that dumb.

"Oh God." Usagi muttered at the thought of Minako's suggestion.

"What about this Naraku character you told us about yesterday. What are you going to do about him? He sent a powerful demon to get the cup and he came too close to getting it." Artemis asked. A few of the girls were worried about Naraku.

"Naraku is very dangerous. He set Usagi, Michiru and Haruka up so they would fight to the death and kill each other. Then Tsunami was to eliminate whoever survived and leave with the two talismans. If Usagi hadn't called us and told us about what might have happened at the Cathedral I think the situation would have ended differently. Whoever this Naraku is he or she is a clever and crafty." Ami said to the others.

"What troubles me that in order for Naraku to set a trap like was if he had known a lot about Usagi and the rest of us? How his plan was carried out, it was almost like he was expecting you." Luna said to speak about her worries about this new foe.

"He's right. If Naraku has servants as tough as Tsunami then there is no telling what kind of other tricks he has up his sleeves, but what is with those spider marks on the backs of those guys like the ones Akuma and Tsunami had? " Minako asked.

"Maybe it is some kind emblem or cult mark or something?" Minako suggested.

"I don't think that is the case, but I am going use what information we have so far and try to figure out what we might be dealing with." Ami suggested. Suddenly Chibi-usa entered the room.

"Hello! Oh? Where is Pu?" Chibi-usa said as she scanned the room for Setsuna.

"Setsuna left to do some errands." Usagi answered.

"Damn! I wanted to play in the park." Chibi shouted in disappointment.

"No, I can't! I have something to do right now!" Usagi replied sadly to the small child. "Damn!" Chibi-usa shouted.

"Chibi-usa, which park were you planning to visit?" Makoto asked the child.

"The Tenth Street Nature Park." Chibi-usa answered.

"Wow! I'll take you there!" Minako told Chibi-usa with a smile on her face. "Really?" Chibi-usa asked happily.

"Come on!" Minako said cheerfully to the young pink haired little girl. However some of the others suspected that Minako had another motive.

"Minako, aren't we in an important meeting?" Usagi reminded Minako.

"Usagi, please don't talk like Ami!" Minako told Usagi.

"Minako, what's going on in that park?" Ami asked with a curious look.

"Minako!" Usagi said as she shot Minako a suspicious glaze.

Minako had a nervous smile on her face, but then she deiced to confess her true motive to the others. "Okay! I will tell you the truth! The fact is... today, Yousaku Eda's movie is going to be on location there." Minako confessed to the other girls.

"Yousaku Eda's movie is on location?" Usagi said with stars in her eyes. "Chibi-usa, I'll take you there!" Usagi changing her mind about what she said earlier. Usagi wanted to go so she could see the actor.

"Hey, you!" Chibi-usa said when she realized that Usagi was only going to take her so she could see the actor at the park.

"Yousaku Eda he's cool, he looks a bit like my Senpai." Makoto said as she drifted into a daydream like trance.

"Right! Right! You guys want to see a real star, don't you?" Minako suggested as she looked at Makoto with a look on her face that just said "yeah right."

"All right, done! Rei, you're coming too, right?" Usagi announced to the gang hoping they would all go so she could go. "What? Well... if you insist." Rei answered with a blank expression.

"How about it, Ami?" Usagi asked the serious member of the group.

"Usagi, what about the Messiah?" Ami asked Usagi with a serious look on her face. Usagi quickly thought up an excuse.

"Oh, please... maybe, you can find the Messiah there." Usagi suggested hoping that would get Ami to come with them. One of Ami's eyebrows tilled slightly as she asked Usagi "Why?" Ami was too sharp to use an excuse against that easily, so Usagi had to come up with a good one.

"Why it's my intuition! That's right it's my intuition!" Usagi answered while she had a slightly humiliated expression on her face.

"Okay, let's go!" Ami agreed. Ami had just decided to go along with it since everyone else was obviously going to go despite her rejections. Besides she figured all that has been happing in the past few days she thought maybe having a day off would help everyone.

"You too, Ami?" Luna said with a surprised expression on her face.

"Aren't you guys being lazy?" Artemis asked the so called serious member of the group.

"Sometimes, we need to relax! It's better than wandering around doing nothing." Ami answered. Her answer was better that Usagi's excuse she was using on her.

"That's right! We might be able to study more effectively when surrounded by nature!" Minako said to support Ami's answer.

"Come on! We're going there to have fun, aren't we?" Ami said to her friends.

"All right! To the Tenth Street Nature Park! Let's go!" Usagi shouted as the others shouted "Yeah!" All of the girls turned and they left the shrine to hurry to the park.

"Oh, dear." Luna said with a sigh as the girls ran off, but none of them noticed a signal Saimyoushou was flying over the shrine spying on the girls.

Meanwhile at Naraku's castle, the half demon Naraku was no where to be found. Before he left he placed something inside a cabinet and he sealed it with a powerful protection spell so no one but him could open it. Akuma was looking around for his master, but the only person he found was Arael. Tentai was missing as well, but the new demon was out in the courtyard eating some cows Tentai brought for it last night.

"Arael where is Naraku?" Akuma asked the small boy.

"He left to go and prepare to leave for the Feudal era. Don't worry with the time key he can return from the Feudal era like he had never even left." Arael reassured Akuma.

"What about big tall and ugly." Akuma said referring to his little brother the new demon.

"He has been ordered to stay here until Naraku sends him his orders. We wait until he returns. He has also taken Tentai with him as well just so you know." Arael informed him.

"I see, well I guess we can rest then." Akuma said as he went back into one of the other room inside the castle.

Meanwhile at the park Mimeto was about trying to get the actor to try some of her handmade cake while at the same time Usagi and the others arrived at the park to see Yousaku's performance. While Chibi-usa had gone off to go and retrieve her hat Usagi and the others were trying to find a good spot to watch the filming. Meanwhile a young man about sixteen years of age with short black hair and dark blue eyes was sitting on a bench near. While the girls were walking along Ami noticed the boy and started looking at him.

Usagi noticed Ami was looking at the boy on the bench. "Hey Ami what are you doing?" Usagi asked with a curious look.

"I think I know that boy from somewhere. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can seem to remember." Ami answered.

"I am sure it will hit you soon." Usagi said as she patted Ami's shoulder.

"That's it. I remember who he is now. I was wondering what happened to him." Ami said as she walked up to him. The young man was wearing a black school uniform and he was looking at an old history book. "Excuse me is your name Hitomi by any chance?" Ami asked the boy.

"Why yes it is?" Hitomi answered.

"Then do you remember me?" Ami asked with a warm smile.

"Ami Mizuno is that you?" Hitomi asked with a curious glaze. "It nice to see you again how long has it been almost two years now?" Hitomi asked his old friend.

"You know this guy Ami?" Usagi asked as the others were beginning to notice Ami with the boy.

"Yes...Hitomi use to go to the same Academy with me before I came to Juuban Junior High School. He was one of the few people I could talk to there. Everyone else never did talk to me. But they didn't talk to Hitomi very often ether." Ami said to the others.

"Yes it has been a while since I last saw you Ami." Hitomi said with a smile.

"But what happened to you. It was like you just dropped out of existence." Ami asked Hitomi with a curious glaze.

"Well I had to go somewhere else for a while, but now I am back in town you could say." Hitomi answered with a confident smile.

"Well that is good you have returned. So which school do you go to now?" Ami asked her friend another question.

"Mugan Academy." Hitomi answered smoothly.

"Isn't that the place where only gifted and talented people go, from nursery school to college?" Minako asked Ami's friend.

"That's correct I heard about it and it's a good school." Rei said adding to the subject.

"Wow I guess you have done quite well for yourself." Ami complemented Hitomi on his success.

"Thank, but enough about me. What about you Ami; I see you have more friends so I guess that means everything has been working out great for you." Hitomi said to Ami with a kind smile.

"Well thank you. It's good to see that you have been doing alright." Ami replied.

"Well I hate to cut this chat short, but I must get going. I have an appointment I must attend to, but I would like to meet with you again Ami so I could catch up on things with you." Hitomi offered.

"Sure…why not you meet me at the Crown video game center in day after tomorrow at four pm." Ami suggested.

"Alright, I will see you then." Hitomi answered as he turned around and he walked away.

"He seems like a nice guy. So Ami was he you're boyfriend or something?" Makoto asked while giving Ami an interrogating glance.

"No he was a friend of mines that all. We meet when my mom was seeing one of her old high school friends. My mom's friend had a son named Hitomi. I found him reading a history book sitting under the shade of a tree." Ami said as she started to remember the first day they met.

=== (Flashback…twelve years ago) ===

A young eight year old Ami walks up to a young eight year old Hitomi who is sitting under the shade of a tree reading a history book. "Hi what are you reading?" Ami asked while standing in front of Hitomi.

"I am reading a history book about the medieval era." Hitomi answered quietly.

"Wow that's interesting. Would mind if I joined you?" Ami asked cheerfully.

"Sure why not." Hitomi answered as Ami sat down next to him and they started looking at the book together.

=== (end of flashback) ==

"After that day we became friends. He was usual quiet, but he did take his studies seriously just like me. We ended up going to the same schools for a while. I learned a lot about history from him. He knew a lot about history, especially the Sengoku Jidai era. But he just vanished suddenly about two years ago. " Ami answered promptly.

"Well that's good to know that you had some friends before I came along." Usagi thought to her-self as the others went walking to find a spot. Meanwhile Mimeto had just spotted Yousaku with another woman. It was one of the other actresses in the movie. The thought of them being together made Mimeto very angry, so she called Daimon out to attack him. Another fight with the Death Busters was about to ensure for the Sailor Senshi, but that was one battle Naraku wasn't planning on interfering in. However a Saimyoushou was watching them.

A/N: I figured since the battle with Mimeto and the Sailor Senshi is just going to turn out the same as it did in the series I saw no actual need to writing it in. In the next chapter you'll get to see what kind of damage Naraku is going to do in the past.