InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Walking Forward ❯ Bitter ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Auroua: Chapter 3 of Walking Forward is up! Enjoy!

ALSO, note:
In this chapter, I am introducing the last anime I shall put in this. This anime won't play a main role, per-say, but it will hold important factors in the plot-line. So once more, I shall say this:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, Shugo Chara, or YuuYuu Hakusho.
-
Chapter 3: Bitter.
-
Kagome blanched, staring at the dainty Chara floating in front of her face. She was so... adorable! Snapping back to reality, Kagome mused, it was crunch time!

"Was that you?" She spoke quietly and the Chara, Hex, nodded.

Kagome's face went pale. Unbelievable! "But you're so cute and seem so adorable."

Hex giggled, "I'm a fighter spirit, the part of you who refuses to be walked over." Her eyes grew dark, "Being cute and adorable is how I trick people."

Kagome sweat-dropped at the deviousness. "W-well then."

Turning she started walking once more, Saya and Hex talking softly on her shoulder.

"Ne, Kagome-chan." Saya giggled softly.

"Hm?"

"I so totally got you earlier with that button!"

Kagome gapped and crossed her arms, sticking her nose in the air, "You did not." Kagome said stubbornly, "I just let you think that."

"Yeah right." Saya and Hex giggled, "You're just telling yourself that so you don't feel like you lost."

Kagome's eyebrow twitched, she did hate losing. A lot.

"Eh," Kagome giggled, "Okay, sure, you got me."

"Nynh!" Saya stuck her tongue out before looking to Hex, "See. Told you."

Hex just giggled.
-
Kagome sighed as she opened the front door, tactfully tossing her bag into the corner and re-locking the door, all-the-while removing her shoes and taking her blazer off.

Shutting the door, Kagome face-planted onto the couch, what had taken place earlier still present in her mind. She felt horrible, why though, she had no clue why. That guy deserved it!

"Tired?" Kagome heard an amused voice come from the doorway. It was her brother's.

Trying to say 'Shut up', she failed. Her words ended up being, "Murmph ruh!"

Hearing her brother's laughter, she jerked up and tossed a couch pillow at his head.

She moped and face-planted, however, once more when he merely caught it in his hand.

"Why so worn out?" He sat beside her and she sat up to glare at him.

"The people at that school gave me a label." Kagome hissed, "That school is tougher than fighting demons!"

Chuckling, Kurama brushed some of her hair from her face, "I have a feeling that's not all."

Kagome crossed her arms, debating on discussing the incident earlier, "Nothing really." She sighed, "I'm still my paranoid-self I guess."

He cocked a eyebrow, "Paranoid?"

"Yeah. I guess I'm still adjusting to being back here where demons are less common. It's difficult to say the least." Kagome placed her chin in her palm and looked forward, "I'm just not used to being able to relax so much."

Kurama smiled lightly towards her, "Don't worry. You'll get used to it eventually."

Kagome sighed, "Whatever." She stood, "I'm going to get a bath. I don't feel to well."

Kurama frowned, "What's wrong?"

"I had another fit on the way home." Kagome mumbled softly and Kurama moved to stand in front of her.

"Are you better now?" He felt her forehead and her pulse, "You have a slight fever."

Nodding, she moved out of his grasp, "I'm just hurting a little; It got hard to see and I fell down a hill."

"Come here." Kurama motioned for her to follow him into the kitchen. Filling a small glass with water and handing it to her, he pulled a small seed from his hair. Cracking it open, he sprinkled a blue powder into the the glass. It turned the clear liquid into a foggy blue color.

"Drink."

Kagome sighed, musing that by now she should be used to it. Taking a tiny sip, she gagged. It seemed every time she drank it, it kept getting more bitter that the last. Pinching her nose, she quickly drank the rest of the bitter drink. Gagging once more, she realized that pinching her nose wasn't helping anymore. Time to find a new solution.

"Can't you make that taste any better?" Kagome whined.

"Use your imagination." Kurama took the glass from her and carefully washed it out, being sure to remove any remains of the powder.

"That doesn't work anymore either." Kagome sighed and her brother laughed.

"Sorry, nothing I can do." He pushed some of her hair from her face, "So, what happened that resulted in another of your Chara being born?"

Kagome felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up, not wanting to share what exactly had happened, "Well," She began, "You see..."
-
Kagome sighed before falling to lay on the plush of her bed. Looking at her clock, it was almost nine-thirty. Sitting up, she pulled at semi-dry hair into a low ponytail. She had finally gotten her, what would-of been bath, but apparently she was destined to get a shower.

Yes; her original plan was to get a relaxing bath, but that all changed when Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Hiei showed up. To say, when that happened, her plan fell downward.
-
*Flashback(Five-Thirty PM)*
-
Kagome sighed, unsure what to do now, seeing as her brother was just staring at her blankly.

She had explain what happened, leaving out certain parts, of course and her brother has yet to react. Reaching out, she poked his cheek lightly, only to jump when his hand grasped her wrist, a smirk on his face.

"You're upset that you aren't fighting demons anymore so you beat some guy up." He thumped her forehead, "Anger issues?"

Kagome jumped up, "Oi!" She fumed, "He deserved it!"

Kurama laughed and patted her head gently, "You'd say that even if you insulted someone."

Kagome huffed, "Okay sure, I would, but-"

"Told you."

"Shut up!"

Kurama shook his head and stood when someone knocked on the door and Kagome turned to head upstairs so she could take her well deserved bath, only to stop when her name was called.

"Yo, Kagome! Where do you think you're going?"

She sweat-dropped; Of course, Yusuke would get in the way of her focus. Turning, she replied, "Upstairs."

"No you're not." Yusuke walked towards her and wound an arm around her shoulder before the could take another step and lead her back down the stairs.

Kagome groaned, "What do you want?

"Oh, nothing," Yusuke smiled, "It's been a little while since we've seen you, and plus Yukina* wanted us to tell you something.

Kagome smiled lightly, walking outside. It was such a beautiful day, a shame if they all stayed inside while talking.

Falling to lay on the ground, she listened as Yusuke and Kuwabara relayed Yukina's message to her.

After they finished, Kagome had a huge smile on her face, "Tell her I miss her to, if you will. I plan to visit her this weekend. Maybe we can go shopping again, Boton too!"

They nodded, Kuwabara standing up, professing that he was going to tell his love, Yukina, Kagome's message promptly. That itself resulted in Hiei getting up, a scowl presented firmly on his face. He left before Kuwabara, saying that he had no desire to waste his time on such feeble things... Well, something along those lines.

Kurama, deciding to go back inside to tea after the semi-friends had left, both most-likely going to the same location.

Kagome sighed, closing her eyes. She hadn't realized she was so tired. Yawing, she slowly fell asleep.
-
'Zzz...' Kagome rolled over peacefully. Everything so nice and sweet until...

"Ah!" Kagome jumped up, shivering, to glare at the innocent-looking male staring at her. Hands going to her hair, she pulled a small cube of ice from her her bangs. Standing up, she chucked it at his head.

"Ye-ow!" Yusuke cried, rubbing a reddening square mark on his head. "So worth it!"

Kurama, who had been in the kitchen this whole time, ran outside after hearing Kagome's scream and sighed quietly at what he saw.

"Yusuke," He began, "What on earth possessed you to pour a glass of ice water on my sister?"

"She was going to sleep and it was so worth it." Yusuke laughed and Kurama shook his head, thankful that Kuwabara and Hiei had went to Genkai's temple already to give Yukina Kagome's message.

Kagome fumed and stalked away, "You, Yusuke, can go eat a rock!" Slamming the door shut, she stalked angrily up the stairs. Since her hair was now wet, it seemed that she needed to take a shower now instead of a bath so her hair wouldn't tangle.
-
*End Flashback*
-
Sighing once more, Kagome closed her eyes, allowing herself to fall into a dreamless sleep.
-
*Time Lapse (Two Hours)*
-
Kagome rolled over, groaning, hearing tapping at her window. Maybe if she ignored it, it would go away.

...

'Tap, tap,'... 'Tap.'

No such luck, apparently.

Rolling over, she cautiously stepped onto the carpeted floor, being careful of her brother's extra-impressive hearing. Walking over to her window, she slowly peeked out; spotting the blue eyed male from before.

Yelping silently, she fell over. How did he get on the balcony outside her window? Her room was on the second floor and there were no trees outside her window.

He tapped on the glass once more before sighing, "Are you going to open the window or not?" He spoke quietly from the other side.

Cautiously, she unlatched the locks and slid the glass to the side, allowing him the space to walk into her room.

Sitting on her bed, she stared at him. "Why are you here?" She asked, "How did you even get here?"

He sighed and sat beside her on the bed before falling to lay down, "I came to apologize, about earlier." He looked at her, "As for how I got here, I followed the birth scent."

"O-oh." Kagome's mouth formed an 'O' shape as she stared at him, "I'm sorry too." She looked down, "You know, for kicking you. That was all Hex, not me."

He smirked, "So, what's your name anyway? I'm Ikuto."

"Kagome." She smiled as she fell backwards.

"Wonderful name."

Kagome sighed, "Not if you knew why it's my name."

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow.

She sighed, "Are you familiar with the song The Gift?"

He shook his head and Kagome stood and grabbed her iPod and headphones. Walking back to sit on the bed, she handed him one of the ear-buds and waited until they both were situated before she pressed play;
-
'A poor orphan girl named Maria
Was walking the market one day
She stopped for to rest by the roadside
Where a bird with a broken wing lay
A few moments passed till she saw it
For its feathers were covered with sand
And soon cleaned and wrapped it was traveling
In the warmth of Maria's small hand.'

'She happily gave her last peso
On a cage made of brushes and twine
She fed it loose corn from the market
And watched it grow stronger with time.'

'Now the gift-giving service was coming
And the church shone with tinsel and light
And all of the townsfolk brought presents
To lay by the manger that night.'

'There where diamonds, incense and perfumes
And packages fit for a king
But for one ragged bird in a small cage
Maria had nothing to bring.'

'She waited till just before midnight
So no one would see her go in
And crying she knelt by the manger
For her gift was unworthy of him.'

'Then a voice spoke to her through the darkness
Maria, what brings you to me?
If the bird in the cage is your offering
Open the door, let me see.'

'So she trembled, she did as he asked her
And out of the cage the bird flew
Soaring up into the rafters
On a wing that had healed good as new.'

'Just then the midnight bells rang out
And the little bird started to sing
A song that no words could recapture
For its beauty was fit for a king.'

'Now Maria felt blessed just to listen
To that cascade of notes sweet and long
As her offering was lifted to heaven
By the very first nightingales song.'
-
Kagome removed the headphones and placed her iPod on her desk once more before sitting beside Ikuto once more.

"Your name means caged bird, correct?"

Kagome sweat-dropped, "Is that all you got from everything?"

Ikuto deadpanned. "No. I was merely asking."

Kagome sighed, "Yes, my name means caged bird." She fell back to lay down, "My mother chose that name for me because when I was born, I was very unhealthy. When I was born, I was not conscious. For the first five years of my life, I wasn't even conscious and I had to stay in the hospital." Kagome closed her eyes.

"My mother named me Kagome because, like the bird in the song, I had a broken wing in a way. She held onto hope that I would get better, and I did." Kagome opened her eyes once more, "Granted, my health still isn't the best, but she still holds to the hope I will get better one day, and when I do, one of two things will happen."

"What are those two things?" Ikuto looked at her eyes.

"I'll either have my health and live a long life or I shall pass and be lifted into heaven." Kagome sighed softly, her eyes going to the Shikon No Tama on it's stand on her desk, "It all depends on if my broken wing will heal."

"Hm." Ikuto looked towards the ceiling and the two of them laid in peaceful silence.

Almost fifteen minutes passed and Kagome looked towards the older male, he was snoring softly. Eyebrow ticking in annoyance, she moved his body so his head was on her pillow and she covered him with a sheet before laying down on top of the sheet and pulling her comforter over the both of them.

"Goodnight Ikuto" Kagome whispered quietly and glanced at her clock.

It was one-fifteen in the morning.
-
*I spelled Yukina's name correct, right?

Also, the song I used in this is now different too, and I must say, I like it better. I recently heard this song once more on the radio and I was shocked. This song is a Christmas song that works with this story, so I'm happy! Anyway, The Gift has always been a favored song of mine and so hearing it after a good three or so years made me really excited, as you probably can see! If you haven't heard it before, I greatly suggest you look it up on Youtube or something. It is an amazing song.

Song:The Gift by: Aselin Debison