InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Walking Forward ❯ A Wonderful Walk Home ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Auroua: Whelp, here's the second chapter of Walking Forward[Revised and edited] Hope you all enjoy~
-
Previously:
-
Shaking her head, Kagome calmed her giggles and felt something hit her forehead. Looking down, she saw a single button laying discarded on her desk. Eyes glancing up, she saw Saya giggle and dart away from sight.

Hearing chuckled coming from beside her, Kagome's eyes darted to her right and saw the purple-haired boy laughing quietly and realization hit her. Hard.

He could see Saya.
-
Chapter 2: A Wonderful Walk Home.
-
Looking at him nervously, Kagome started pondering.

How could he see Saya? Did he have a Chara or was it a different matter all together?

Glancing back at him, she looked at him curiously. 'It can be a different matter, he doesn't look like a regular boy.' Kagome noted his unusual shading of hair and eyes.

Wait... how did she know his eyes were unusual. She hadn't seen them yet. Snapping out of her inner musings once again, Kagome realized that she had been staring at him. All creeper-like, and he had noticed.

'Oh, Kami, can this get any worse?' Kagome questioned quietly.

"Kagome-chan? Is something wrong?"

Apparently, it could.

"Hai. Everything is alright, Fujisaki-kun. I'm afraid I just zoned out a little." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously, "It happens often, no worries."

"Oh, okay then." He smiled brightly back towards her before turning his attention back to the front of the room but silently glancing at her from the corner of his eye, while Kagome lost herself in her world once again.

'Okay, maybe it's not bad that he can see Saya, maybe he does have a Chara.' That left another question swirling in her mind, If he had a Chara, where was he?

Kagome sighed silently. How should she go about it? Ignore it and wait for him to ask about it, if he would, or go straight forward and ask?

She shook her head slightly, she shouldn't even be stressing over this! It was probably nothing to worry about, she started a new school to get away, move on from the irregular themes of her life. Granted, she had Charas', but that didn't count!

She should just wait and count her hours; hold her tongue, if you will. It would surface to be no problem.

'Hopefully it's nothing to worry for...' Kagome thought and immediately started to panic, 'What if he isn't a normal human boy? What if he knows about the Jewel? What if-'

No! She needed to stop over thinking things. That always got her in a panic and made jump to the wrong conclusions.

'But there could be a win to it if he's not a normal child, an allay, if you would. It could really work out in the long run.' Kagome sighed in her head, 'Then again, he could also just be a very strange and feminine boy, couldn't he? How could she question if he was human to his face without coming of as a weirdo? Maybe if she-'

"Minamino-chan. Seeing as you are so lost in thought, maybe you were pondering the answer to the equation on the board?" Yuu spoke, annoyance clear in his voice.

"Huh?" Her eyes darted towards the board, scanning the problem quickly before an answer processed in her mind. "It would be 32.11, round it to a whole number, making it 32 even. Divide it by 8, you get 4. Divide by 2 and the answer is 2."

People stared at her, shock evident on their faces.

"What?" Kagome asked, "I said I had a eidetic memory, did I not? You shouldn't be very shocked."

"Correct, Minamino-chan!" Yuu smiled, "You have learned this before?"

"Not at my old school, no. I was out due to illness a lot, so my older brother took it upon himself to teach me several things while I was out and this is just one of the things he taught me before I changed schools."

"Hm, so I take it that your brother is also has a high intelligence?" Yuu looked at her.

"Yeah, he is the top of his class actually." Kagome smiled.

"Alright then, I suppose the worksheet you are to do will be extremely easy for you. Correct?"

Kagome sweat-dropped, "Uh, most likely."

"Good." Yuu smiled, "Everyone, get to work. This is to be taken up by the bell."
-
Kagome looked down at the sheet of paper. It was all simple math equations. Adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, and simplification. Easy work.

Speeding through the worksheet, she finished with plenty of time to spare.

Sighing, Kagome looked forward. With nothing to do, she delved deeply into her thoughts once more. Letting her eyes stray over to the long haired boy beside her, she once again found herself pondering if he was human.

'He could just be different. Trying to make a statement, right? Yeah! That sounds reasonable.'

Looking at him out of the corner of her eye once more, she saw him taking his time on the work even though he obviously knew the correct answers and she faintly recalled her brother explaining something about how demons behave.

'"Majority that live in the human world prefer to blend in, but they will have characteristics that make them stand out slightly. Whether it is their hair, eyes, stance, attitude, or something else entirely."'

Kagome huffed in irritation. This was too difficult!

Almost everything about him made him stand out as an un-normal human!

Leaning back in her seat, Kagome looked at him. He was finished with the sheet and was now calmly playing with the ends of his hair.

Narrowing her eyes, she mentally screamed. Tearing her eyes away from him, she looked forward.

'Maybe he's just a simple human. He could just have a Chara, it's just not hatched as of yet.'
-
Nagihiko looked towards the girl beside him. All day, she had been looking towards him with confusion in her eyes. Was she pondering why he could see her Chara, or was it something else?

All day, her posture would change from relaxed, to tense, to fearful, to relieved. Repeating the circle every five minutes. He was beginning to worry slightly.

Nagihiko removed his hands from his hair and stole a quick glance at her. She looked pretty aggravated.

She could just be paranoid, or even bipolar for that matter.

He sighed, he shouldn't pry in her life. He didn't even know her.
-
Kagome snapped out of her inner musings to jump as the bell rang loudly, signalling that the school day was over and they were free to leave and go where ever they were to go.

Collecting her books into her bag, she stood and slug it causally over her shoulder. Walking towards the door, handing Yuu her paper on the way out, Kagome hummed as Saya moved to sit on her unoccupied shoulder.

"Ne, Kag-chan, what are you gonna do?" Saya asked, looking up at the girl who looked worried.

"About what, Saya?"

"About that boy."

Kagome huffed under her breath, "There is nothing I can do. I can't just assume he is human or if he is not." She ran a hand over the back of her neck before a new idea struck to life in her head, "Say, Saya, did you feel the presence of a Shugo Chara with him?"

"Partially. He has two with him, just not hatched yet."

Kagome hummed cheerfully, "I guess that's that then, huh?"

"Huh?"

"Well, look at it like this: He has Chara eggs, that is why he could see you. I don't have to worry about thinking the wrong thing about him, now do I?"

Saya tapped her chin lightly, "I guess not."

"Correct!" Kagome smiled cheerfully, "Now, let's get home. No doubt Kurama-nii is curious as to how today went."
-
Walking through a vacant park, Kagome was singing softly to herself.

Walking up a rather steep hill, she felt a sharp pain and a wave of nausea wash over her; She groaned. Not this again.

Clutching onto her stomach, she slowly fell to rest on her knees, the pain in her side becoming almost unbearable. Closing her eyes tightly, she attempted to rid her vision of the black dots clouding it, only to no avail.

Sucking it up, she stood up; She used to be able to stop the pain herself, then again, that was until her powers had vanished from her body- the same day she had found her Chara eggs in her bed. Apparently, the Kami wanted to get rid of one thing and replace it with another. Seemed legit to her at least.

Continuing her pace forward, she closed her eyes once more in a last attempt to remove the black. Stepping on a root that grew above ground, she lost her footing and tumbled down the hill.

Yelping, she braced herself to land on the cold ground below her, only to be shocked when she landed on something warm and slightly soft. She opened her eyes, relieved that her vision was almost back to normal, and she looked up from the some-what soft body she had landed on; her eyes meeting dazzling blue.

Jerking back, she quickly stood, embarrassment flooding her.

"Go-Gomenasai." Kagome bowed her head to the older male laying confused on the ground. "I had a incident and I tripped. It was an accident." She quickly rambled out.

He snorted and stood before he opened his eyes once more and looked her over.

Kagome, who only came up to his elbow, took a step back and almost fell once more. A hand wrapping around her arm prevented it although. She looked up once more, noticing the lack of distance between the male and herself, and quickly felt uncomfortable.

Taking another step backwards did nothing, seeing as he took another step with her.

"Well, I'll be leaving now." Kagome tried to move her are free and leave but couldn't. His hand holding her arm tightened. Not to the point of hurting, just enough to stop her from leaving.

"You can leave." He took another step closer, "When I get what I want from you."

Kagome started to silently fume, "What do I have that you could possibly want?" She asked before realization clicked slowly in her head and she spotted a small cat Chara floating beside him.

"I believe you do." He smirked, "So be a good girl and give it to me."

That was it. Something inside her snapped after those words.

A white flower clip appeared in her hair and she shoved the male away from her. "Never call me good girl!" Punching him hard in the chest and he started to cough roughly.

Kicking him in the groin, she took off running. Not bothering to look back at him as he fell to the ground, she solely focused on putting as much space between them as possible.

Pausing in her her run after she was only ten minutes away from her house before pieces of what happened clicked together in her mind.

She had been terribly violent. She was never violent.

Slowly, she turned to look at a small Chara behind her. She was wearing a white kimono with pink and light purple flowers decorating the sleeves and the hem. She had coal black eyes and white hair. Her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail with a white floral pin holding it up.

Looking at Kagome, the Chara smiled brightly, "Hiya. I'm Hex."
-
Auroua: Sorry for the long wait! When I was able to get back on the internet, I completely forgot about this.

My bad!

Also, I'm sorry if there are any spelling errors in this. If there are any, please let me know.

Thanks!

Also, again! Before I forget, My sister should get her first few chapters of her first story uploaded today. After I get off the computer. Her name is ShugoYasha, you should definitely read her story and give her some feedback. I've read over the chapters and they are really good.

Way better than when I first started writing. Lol

Anyway, review if you will. I'll update this again probably next weekend.