InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ A Blast from the Past: The Ninjas revived! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
Inu Yasha and Kagome told Kaede everything, about the tomb, the smoke…Everything.
 
Kaede seemed amazed at such a tale. “So ye both have discovered the tomb of the Shadow-realm.” She said.
 
“The Shadow-Realm, what's that?” asked Shipo. Kaede made some tea, and told everyone everything.
 
* * *
 
Five-thousand years ago, Feudal-Japan was inhabited by Demons like no other… THE DUEL-MONSTERS!!!
 
These monsters, were said to have been the very first beasts ever to set foot on the Earth.
 
So powerful, that anyone who faced these mighty creatures ended up dead as dust.
 
And as they were the first and foremost creatures on the Earth, even ten Sacred-Jewels could not stop them.
 
Nobody lived if these beast were to strike. For they all came in different shapes and forums.
 
Luckily there was a Warlock powerful enough to conquer these beasts… and he managed to destroy them all.
 
Imprisoning them in a place that even Hell-itself fears of… THE SHADOW-REALM!!
 
A dreadful fighting place that, if you saw it, you might wish you were never born to die.
 
Such a terrible place, that for ages, the warlock and his descendents are charged with the duty of guarding the tomb in the woods.
 
* * *
 
“My sister, Kikyo, must have been the only remaining Descendent of that Warlock, but she did not ever tell me that it was true.”
 
“For it was only believed to be a mere legend!”
 
Everyone seemed to be in a state of shock, and here they thought Kikyo's only duty was protecting the Sacred-Jewel.
 
Now they learn that she was in charge of guarding some sort of Dark-tomb as well.
 
It was hard to believe, but nothing else would explain them finding a Sacred-Seal with Kikyo's symbol on it.
 
“LADY KAEDE!!!” yelled a village-man, “Trouble in the Village of the Forbidden mountain!”
 
Kaede and Kagome grabbed the bows and arrows. Inu Yasha leapt up, and they were out the door in a flash.
 
Sango really wished she could join the party, but right now she had to concentrate on keeping Her and Miroku's baby healthy.
 
Luckily Miroku and Shipo decided to remain behind to watch over her. “I wish I knew what was going on.” Said Sango.
 
“We all do, Sango! We all do!” said Miroku.
 
“Kohaku… why brother… why?”
 
* * *
 
Inu Yasha and his gang arrived on the scene way too late. The village was already gone, and instead, the villagers were all being treated like slaves.
 
They were being pushed around, and forced to carry huge stones all over, and in the center of it was a large monster.
 
He looked as though he was a Green-Cyclops. He was ordering the villagers around yelling. “Put your weak backs into it!”
 
The gang hid behind the trees. “What sort of Demon is that?” asked Kagome, “I though you would know.” Said Inu Yasha.
 
“What ever he is, he is being rather harsh to those villagers.” Said Kagome, “Why don't they just run away.”
 
“Hmm….?” Kaede was observing the villagers odd movement, and the fact that their bodies looked all cold and nasty.
 
 
The monster's nose perked up. “I smell something!” he said, “It's coming from there in those shrubs!”
 
He started moving towards the gang, and seeing as how they would get spotted if they ran… Inu Yasha jumped for it.
 
He changed into his Demon-Forum and punched the Monster right into the gut.
 
The monster did fly backwards, but he got right back up as if was only being tickled by the blow.
 
“Ha…ha…ha! So you are whom I've been smelling out!” said the monster. “A mere little half-Demon!”
 
Inu Yasha growled, “I am so sick of hearing people say that to me!!!” he said as he withdrew the Tetsusaiga.
 
“If your looking for a fight, you've found it!”
 
“Ha…ha…ha…ha! Silly creature. I don't fight, I annihilate!” said the monster. “But if you insist.”
 
He snapped his fingers, and the eyes of all the villagers were glowing red. “ATTACK!!!” yelled the beast.
 
The Villagers went crazy, raising their weapons for the attack. Did dodge them, but did not strike back.
 
 
“Ah… now I see!” said Kaede, “Those villagers are but of not in their right mind!”
 
“You mean, they' re just puppets?” asked Kagome. “Only half-correct Kagome.” Said Kaede.
 
“They are under a hypnotic spell. For each of them does not possess a soul of their own.”
 
No Soul? That's impossible.
 
The only ones who had the necessary power to manipulate souls were Naraku and Kikyo.
 
But Naraku was dead, and his powers all gone. Also, Kikyo had recently been fully restored to life thanks to the Jewel, and she no longer had to borrow any souls.
 
“Uh…Excuse me! I could use some help here!” yelled Inu Yasha. Kagome and Kaede sprang into action.
 
Kaede used a special powder she had brought along, and sprinkled it all on the soulless villagers knocking them out colder.
 
Soon, nothing was standing in between them and the monster. “Well… isn't this a pleasure?” he sniggered.
 
“Instead of just one meal, I get three full courses… Ha… ha… ha… ha… ha!!!”
 
Inu Yasha swung his sword fast, but the monster just blocked it…with his knee, and punched him hard in the gut.
 
Kaede and Kagome fired their arrows at the monster, but he was even able to repel Kagome's Sacred-arrow.
 
“I don't believe it!” cried Kagome, “This guy's as hard as a rock!”
 
* * *
 
From up on top of the mountain, in my castle. I was sitting on my throne while I watched the fight through a magic ball.
 
“Heh…heh…heh!”
 
“My Hitotsu-mi Giant he has an attack power of 1200, While you all of you don't even come close to 1000!”
 
“And with all the souls that I keep on gathering, there's no limit to how powerful I can become!”
 
“It'll take more than that to beat the power of the Shadow-Realm… HA…HA…HA…HA…HA!!!”
 
* * *
 
“WIND-SCAR!!!”
 
The enormous wave of energy headed straight at the Giant, but when the smoke cleared…he was still standing.
 
“Please tell me that was not your best… Come on; I'm just getting warmed up here!” he said.
 
He charged forward, and knocked Inu Yahsa off his feet. Kagome was next, and then Kaede.
 
They had used up all their best shots and still the monster was barely even scratched.
 
“What's wrong… Has your incredible strength died out?” mocked the monster. He moved in closer and raised his fist ready for the kill.
 
When suddenly… he was attacked by two flying blades, which actually did some damage. “Huh? Who did that?” roared the monster.
 
He turned around and saw two figures dressed in Ninja-outfits. One was a female dressed in a pink-outfit. Also the one who threw the blades.
 
The other was a male, shorter than his partner wearing yellow, and carrying two pairs of Nun-Chucks.
 
“You monster, your power is staggering!” said the male. “Now we shall sow you true power.” Said the female.
 
“You… pathetic little Urchins!” said the giant. “Heh… heh… ha… ha…ha! You believe you are a match for me, you and you little toys?”
 
“We do believe it!” said the male. “Now enough chatter…NOW WE FIGHT!!!” said his partner.
 
They withdrew their weapons and the battle was on. This time, it was the giant who seemed to be losing.”
 
* * *
 
The giant threw a punch, but the pink-Ninja evaded it as if it was coming to her in slow-motion.
 
He threw another at the yellow-Ninja, but his twirled his Nun-Chucks, and tied his arm up
 
Next. The Yellow Ninja began whirling his Nun-Chucks around, and around. Faster and Faster.
 
He seemed to have created an energy attack that he sent directly at the monster full-force.
 
Then the Pink-Ninja removed the blades from her wrists, and threw them into the air.
 
The blades encircled and cut at the monster several times over, and then flew back to the Ninja like a boomerang.
 
The Giant put up a valiant effort, but he was no match for imposing power of these two Ninjas.
 
“That's strange!” said Kagome. “I think I've seen those two Ninjas somewhere before!”
 
By the end of the battle, the giant was so weak, he hardly had enough strength to keep his balance.
 
“This…can…not…be… I'm an elite!” he cried.
 
The bad news was, the two Ninjas were also running low on strength. The girl took one look at Inu Yasha and said…
 
“You there… use your sword, and finish him off!” she said sternly. “DO IT NOW!!!”
 
Inu Yasha wasted no time in leaping up with his sword at the ready!
 
“WIND-SCAR!!!”
 
The monster was hit full force and he was gone in a big bang. It was thanks to those two Ninja's that day was saved.
 
Suddenly, Kagome got a good look at their faces, “You two… You're the statues from the shrine!” she cried.
 
Inu Yasha looked at them, and she was right, But how was it possible?
 
* * *
 
From up in my castle….
 
The card in my hand disappeared, and the souls I had collected were released back out into the world.
 
“What?... The Hitotsu-mi Giant was destroyed? And my souls are being released?” I growled. “Someone will pay dearly for this!”
 
“Master…” came Kohaku's voice. “I know who's responsible for this, My lord!” he said.
 
* * *
 
The Ninja's came back to the village, as they did not have anywhere else to go.
 
Upon arriving back in the village, Kagome asked Shipo to go check the shrine again.
 
Upon his return, it was confirmed that the two statues were missing from the shrine… So it was final… the two Ninjas were really those statues.
 
But before getting to know each other, the Ninjas told them something very disturbing.
 
“There is a time for us to celebrate Victory… but this is not it!” said the Pink-Ninja.
 
“You see… Now; Hikaru knows that we are here to stop him!” said her brother. “If you think this fight was tough… Just wait!!”
 
Everyone exchanged confused looks. “But wait… didn't we just destroy Hikaru?” asked Kagome.
 
The Ninjas shook their heads. “No… That was just the Hitotsu-mi Giant. Only one of his many monsters!” said the Pink.
 
“If you want to defeat him, then we have so much to do!” said the Yellow!
 
* * *
 
That night, The Villagers all went home, and the Ninja's were ivited to stay with Kaede.
 
It was strange to know that Kaede actually knew these two from long ago, but never imagined they would meet again under these conditions.
 
“My name is Mitsu Migotsu… and my brother's is Omaru!” said the Pink Ninja.
 
“This may come as a shock to you, but Hikaru is actually our Older-brother.” Said Omaru.
 
This made the team sweat-drop. It meant that there was a new enemy in town… and one who is completely human to be exact.
 
The Ninja's went on…
 
* * *
 
For 50 years now… we were but those two figurines of stone in Shrine of Shadows.
 
But ten years before that time… we and our brother lived with our father, Yoshi!
 
Taking us as his students, we all learned to master the secret art of Ninja!
 
We lost our father and our village in a Demon-onslaught, which only our brother was able to stop as he was fully trained.
 
For ten long years we wandered across Japan, struggling to survive… hunting down wild-demonsfor refuge.
 
During that time, our brother, Hikaru, finished our training. He taught us everything father had taught him.
 
But when we met Kikyo, things took a turn for the worse. For she had fallen in love with our brother.
 
She tried to extend her hand in marriage to him, but he insisted on not taking it.
 
For all those years he had taken such good care of us, that he could not just leave us like that.
 
And after refusing her offer several times over, Kikyo grew angry and vengeful toward us.
 
She ambushed us, and brought us into the shrine. After that, she banished our brother into the Shadow-Realm….he was gone!
 
Then it go worse. Using her powers, Kikyo transformed the two of us into stone, as punishment for our interference in her plans for our brother.
 
Only if the shadow-Tomb was to be opened, and our brother released… would we be set free.
 
But Kikyo had used a sacred-charm on the door, blocking the way to all but herself… then she died, and all hope seemed lost.
 
* * *
 
Now it was all starting to make sense. But if this was true… Hikaru being in limbo… and his siblings were solid-rock…
 
“Then that would mean neither one of you have aged in over Fifty years!” said Miroku. “Yes…it is true.” Said Omaru.
 
“However, in the midst of that time we were in captivated, we seem to have acquired new found powers.” Said Mitsu.
 
“However, we are unsure, but it seems Hikaru himself has acquired new found strengths that even our power cannot beat.”
 
“Oh no… please no!” cried Sango. The Ninjas looked at her in pity. “We are very sorry…Sango was it?”
 
“But be warned… the boy you knew as your brother now works for our bother under his power.”
 
“He will only do as our bother commands, and he will be sent here only to destroy us all.”
 
So it was true. Kohaku was once again being manipulated by evil. Hikaru was using him to lure Kagome into the tomb and open it.
 
“Fear not everyone.” Said Mitsu. “We will see to it that Kohaku and Hikaru are brought home safely.”
 
“But how are we to do that!” asked Kaede. “We barely managed to defeat his first minion!”
 
“Do not worry…we have a plan!”
 
“But it must wait!”
 
“NO!!” cried Sango near tears. “I lost Kohaku once before, I will not lose him again!”
 
Suddenly her stomach gave a jolt, forcing her to lay back down. “You are expecting in a few days Sango.” Said Omaru.
 
“We must wait until you give birth to your child.” Said Mitsu. “I agree with them Sango!” said Miroku.
 
“Nothing would please me more than to bring Kohaku back, but first we must see our child born first so you may regain your strength!”
 
Sango had to agree, but she was still scared. Who knew what her little brother had to put up with this time.
 
“What if Hikaru… decides to…to…!” she buried her face in Miroku's chest and let out her emotion.
 
* * *
 
From up in my castle…
 
“Ah… so Kohaku is actually Your little brother!” I thought as I looked over to where Kohaku was meditating.
 
“Fear not, Sango! You'll see him again…very soon!!! …Hm…m…m…m…m…m!!!”