InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ Part 1... The fate of Kohaku and Sango! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
That night...
 
Sango didn't get a wink of sleep. For when she heard of what the Ninjas said about Kohaku, she didn't know what to think!
 
Her little brother was once again being controlled by a creature of Darkness… and a Human to be exact.
 
As everybody slept peacefully, Sango changed into her armor, and set off with Kirara into the night.
 
“I will find you, Kohaku, and Will save you from evil's bane!”
 
* * *
 
In the Castle of Dark-illusions…I watched Sango as my servants and I were enjoying our dinner.
 
“Ohh… isn't that sweet!” I chuckled while sipping my tea. “Searching for your lost sibling, though in vain!”
 
I reached into my robes and pulled out Kohaku's soul-card. “As long as I hold Kohaku's soul, Sango will never be able to get him back!”
 
“Heh…Heh…Heh!”
 
Then I turned to Kohaku. “Go… find your sister, and lure her me at once!” I said. “As you wish, My-lord!” said Kohaku.
 
Then he vanished, and was gone! “Hm…M…M…M…! I do so love it when I'm nasty!” I chuckled.
 
* * *
 
Sango searched all over, but didn't find Kohaku anywhere. Suddenly, she was felt something being slipped into her belt from behind.
 
Obviously it wasn't Miroku being a lecture. He was back at the village. Sango turned round, but saw no one.
 
What she did find in her belt was a small note, which read…
 
Meet me at midnight
At the base of your home-village!
 
It might be a trap sent by Hikaru, but as it might have been a lead, Sango took it anyways.
 
* * *
 
At Midnight… Kirara and Sango touched down in Sango's village, which was still empty and quiet these days.
 
“I AM HERE!!!” she called out. “SHOW YOURSELF!!!!”
 
The wind started to pick up, and swirl around in an area in front of Sango, and the POOF… there I was!
 
“Are you, Hikaru?” Sango asked nervously. “I am the one you seek, and the one who requested your presence tonight!” I said.
 
“Tell me… What have you done to Kohaku!!” she cried. “Fear not Sango!” I said as I summoned Kohaku to the area.
 
“Kohaku!”
 
“As you can see Sango, your brother is perfectly safe!” then I showed her his soul-card, “…but how long he remains that way is entirely up to you!”
 
“YOU…YOU MONSTER!!!” Cried Sango as tears of pain dripped from her eyes. “Just why have you called me here?”
 
“Hm…M…M…M…M! I propose to make a deal with you Sango!” I said Wickedly” “A Deal?”
 
“Yes…You want to have Kohaku back, do you not?” Sango nodded her head. “The I challenge you to a battle!”
 
A Battle? Was I serious? Sango never even saw me in a fight before, and I was challenging her!!
 
“Listen…I do not want any trouble!” she cried. “All I want is my brother back!”
 
“Hm…M…M…M… but Sango…that is very source of the deal!” I said. “If you win this battle… I will gladly release Kohaku!”
 
Release Kohaku? That was exactly what Sango was aiming for. “It's my only choice!” she said. “I accept your challenge!”
 
“SANGO!!!” cam Kagome's voice. Everybody was there, even Miroku. “Sango…What are you doing?” he called.
 
“Your wife has agreed to face me off in a battle!” I said. “If she wins, Kohaku here will go free…However!!!”
 
Everyone's spines chilled when I said that word. “…If you fail, Sango! Not only will Kohaku's soul remain in-captivity… But yours will join it!”
 
“WHAT!!!!!!!!” Everyone cried. If Sango lost to me, I would capture her soul too, and make her another one of my slaves!
 
“Brother, you cannot do this!” cried Mitsu! “I swear to you, Hikaru!!” roared Miroku. :Lay so much as a finger on my wife and I'll…!!”
 
“You will do no such thing, Monk!” I roared back. “If you dare threaten me a second time… You shall meet the same fate as your wife!!!”
 
“NIGHTMARE-STEEL-CAGE!!!”
 
From out of my staff came a gigantic dome-like cage which encircled me and Sango, and shoved Kirara aside. “Wait… What are you doing?” she cried.
 
“Relax…I am merely setting up a battle-zone for us.” I answered. “This cage is so strong, Nothing and no one can get in or out!”
 
Kagome fired a Sacred Arrow, Inu Yasha tried the Wind-Scar, Shipo mixed his Fox-fire with Kirara's fire, Miroku threw his sacred-charms, and the Ninjas tried their moves.
 
All that fire-power, and when the dust cleared, the cage didn't have a single ash on it.
 
“I told you, Fools. Only I can bring down this cage, and I shall only do so when the battle has concluded!”
 
Sango was on her own. I placed the Soul-card on my waist-band.
 
“Your objective, is to take the card form me, while and at the same time, I shall battle you!”
 
“Finally …As you have no powers yourself, I will not use any of my own during the match!”
 
That seemed fair, accept for one thing. “Uh…Sango, I think there's something you should know!” cried Kagome.
 
I knew what she was getting at. She was going to tell Sango of y Eye-of-truth! I had to think fast.
 
“I'd keep my mouth shut if I were you!” I bellowed. “If any of you revel any information to aid Sango in this fight…!!!”
 
“I SHALL TEAR KOHAKU'S CARD TO PIECES!!!”
 
Everyone sweat-dropped. “Yes, and If I do that. Not even I will be able bring Kohaku back from the Shadow-Realm!!!”
 
Sango's heart skipped a beat. She didn't know what she was up against, and she was forbidden from outside aid, or it would cost Kohaku his life.
 
“Well don't worry!” said Sango, “You won't have that card for much longer in any case!”
 
I wrapped my cape around my neck like a scarf so it would not interfere with the battle. “Then let's being…shall we?”
 
“Hm…M…M…M…Sango may be very brave, but little does she know of my skills!” I said in my head.
 
“Without me, Kohaku can not be released. So I have nothing to lose, and all to gain! She will soon discover, there's a lot more to me than meets the eye”
 
“Heh…heh…heh!!!”
 
Sango charged forward and threw her giant Boomerang, which I dodged perfectly, and again as it returned.
 
She threw it again, and came at me with her Fighters-chain, but once again I had dodged it, and Sango caught her Boomerang with her chest instead of her hands.
 
“Why bother attack, when you do it for me!” I chuckled. “I…I don't understand!” She thought. “He dodges my attacks as if he expected them!”
 
* * *
 
“Poor Sango! We have to tell her the truth!” cried Shipo, “YOU DARE AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT FOR HER BROTHER!!!” I roared back.
 
“Shipo please… just don't do it!” cried Kagome. “Oh Man! I've never seen Sango get so creamed before!”
 
* * *
 
As the battle continued, Sango still hardly managed to even get close to me without me evading her.
 
“Give it up, Sango!” I said. “There is no one who can save you this time, and when I'm through with you, your child Sagna, will be short of a mother!”
 
Slightly injured, Sango stood up laughing. “Now it all makes sense!” she chuckled. “You know a lot about me…because you posses the legendary EYE-OF-TRUH!!!”
 
I gasped in shocked, and removed my mask, revealing the magic eye on my face! “This is impossible!!!” I bellowed. “How do you know of the Eye-of-truth?”
 
Sango explained everything…
 
* * *
 
One of Sango's ancient-ancestors was the creator of the Eye-of truth, and it's power sealed in it by a dark curse.
 
This curse not only allowed its beholder to sense Spiritual-energies…but also to see exactly what it was in anyone's mind.
 
This proved to be quite essential in battle, for the beholder would be able to sense his opponents moves before they even made it!
 
It would even serve as a sick sense that warns the beholder when they are in danger…from behind or by surprise.
 
However, the creator discovered that if the eye were used for evil, uncertain disasters would befall the world.
 
So using one last ounce of magic, he destroyed the eye, and it was sent to the Shadow-Realm… where it was hoped to be gone for good!
 
* * *
 
“Tell me, Hikaru… What reason would you have to possess such a powerful item?” she asked.
I told them everything…
 
* * *
 
While imprisoned in the Shadow-Realm, I faced a gigantic monster by the name of EXODIA-THE FORBIDDEN ONE!!
 
He was said to have been the most powerful monster to ever have existed… and I learned it the hard way by trying to absorb him.
 
Even with all the power I possessed, I was no match for this gigantic monster!
 
Exodia pierced my left eye right out of my head and destroyed it… then he was gone leaving me dyingof blood draining from my eye-socket!
 
I was a very lucky young man, for had I not have found the Eye-of-Truth right at that moment… I would have surely perished!
 
* * *
 
“But it makes no difference of what you now know!” I thundered. “I can still read your mind and stay one step ahead of you!”
 
The battle resumed, but this time Sango had managed to get so close that I had to defend with my staff.
 
“You may be able to read minds, Hikaru, but I know how to read that of your breath!” she said.
 
* * *
 
My siblings had anticipated that I might have sneaky powers as so, therefore they trained everyone to read breaths!
 
That was by far the best way to outsmart a mind-reader!
 
* * *
Sango seemed to have turned the tables on the battle. Now She was the one who stayed one step ahead.
 
As the battle wound down to the finish Sango slashed at me with her sword, and hit me!
 
Sango attacked me again, and again, until she was about to collapse from exhaustion. “Give…up, Hikaru!” she said wearily. “I have won!”
 
But surprisingly I stood up and revealed a shocking surprise. “Look!” said Shipo, “His wounds…they're healing!”
 
“Hey, Hikaru…That's not fair!” snapped Inu Yasha, “You said you wouldn't use any of your powers!”
 
My wounds had healed completely and I looked out at everyone. “Hm…M…M…M! I did promise not use my natural-powers!” I said.
 
“But this spell is equipped to me… It's called the DIAN-KETO CURE MASTER It's a healing-spell!”
 
“It has been equipped to me since I was in the Shadow-realm, and it cannot ever be ceased!”
 
“And how it works is quite… as long as I don't take any more than 1000 points of Damage… my body is able to heal even a fatal wound!”
 
“Brother… you did not tell us of this!” snapped Omaru. “You forced Sango into a fight you knew she could not win!”
 
“I did?” I asked, “I merely gave Sango the privilege of battling me for her brother… She could have walked away safely… but she did otherwise!”
 
“And that makes her the real guilty one!”
 
Sango knew she was trapped, but she wasn't going to let that stop her. Kohaku's life was on the line.
 
However…because the Dian-Keto Cure master healed all my injuries, my body was fresh, while Sango's was read to cave in!
 
Finally…Sango was so tired she could hardly stand up. “You are completely unable to battle me anymore!” I said. “Therefore…You lose, Sango!”
 
I snapped my fingers, and the Nightmare steel-cage vanished. “Not only have you lost this battle… You've lost any hopes in saving your brother!”
 
“But fear not!” I said grabbing an empty card from my robes. “I will make certain that Kohaku will not be alone in captivity anymore!”
 
Sango's eyes widened. “What are you going to do?” she asked wearily. “We had a deal remember!” I replied.
 
“You have lost this match… and that entitles me to steal your soul for the Shadow Realm!!!”
 
I raised my staff and aimed it at her body…“ECTO-PLASMIC-MORTIFICATION!!!!”
 
Sango was too weary to move out of the beam's path…it seemed to be all over for her until…Miroku had jumped out from behind to shield his wife from the blast.
 
Everyone gasped, even me! Miroku had taken the blast from my staff…BUT THAT MEANT…!!!!
 
As the pain of the beam began shooting though his body, Miroku took one last look at his wife and shouted…
 
“DON'T LOSE THE FAITH, SANGO!!!! KEEP YOUR CHIN UP… WE WILL SAVE KOHAKUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
Then…the light had vanished, and Miroku's empty-body collapsed to the ground. Inu Yasha and the gang couldn't believe it.
 
“Did you just see that?” cried Inu Yasha, “Miroku took the hit for Sango!” cried Kagome… “But…that…means!!!” cried Shipo.
 
They turned to the Ninjas, who nodded their heads. “Miroku's soul…now belongs to, Hikaru!”
 
With her strength slowly returning, Sango moved towards Miroku's body…he had no pulse… and was as cold as death.
 
Tears starting drizzling down her face. “No….NO…NO!!!!”
 
“MIROKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!”
 
 
To Be Continued….