InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ Part 2... Mirrors, Mirrors all around! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
Sango was still crying over Miroku's empty body. Now she lost two of her loved ones.
 
I stared at the Soul card as Miroku's picture appeared on it. “Well… Not exactly what I had planned, but it will do!” I sniggered.
 
“And to think, I won using only an ounce of my strength!”
 
“What… only an ounce of your strength?” asked Kagome. “Yes... for I had used my full power, Sango would have been dead in instant!”
 
Suddenly, Miroku's body began quivering in Sango's arms, and in an instant he stood up… but his eyes were glowing red!”
 
“Miroku?” cried Sango, “Don't give into Hikaru! Don't let him control you!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!”
 
“Nice try, Sango.” I sniggered, “But without his soul for him to hear you, he will only listen to me!”
 
Miroku turned toward me “Master… leave these wretched fools for me to deal with!” he said.
 
“As honorable as that may be, Miroku!” I said raising my staff and transforming him “…Or should I say, ANCIENT ELF!!!”
 
“You are not prepared to take them all on at once yet! This is also a good chance for me to test out my newest monster!”
 
I took out a card with a monster that seemed to be covered in mirrors from head to toe.
 
“REFLECT-BOUNDER, with mirrors all around!”
“Come forth, and kick the enemies to the ground!”
 
In a flash of smoke, the monster appeared. “I am the Reflect bounder… Master of mirrors… Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!”
 
“You are here to do my bidding!” I said to it. “Destroy these pests on my behalf… Spare no one!”
 
After that, Miroku and I vanished from the grounds!
 
* * *
 
With Sango badly injured from the battle, Shipo carried her aside to the bushes, leaving The Ninjas, Inu Yasha, and Kagome to deal with the monster!
 
“Kagome, how strong is it?” asked Omaru. Kagome sensed the monster's power levels form top to bottom.
 
“He has 1700 attack points.” She answered, then she scanned his defense. “And…1000 Defense-points!”
 
“Only 1000!” snapped Inu Yasha, “Too bad, I was hoping for something even tougher!”
 
Inu Yasha withdrew his sword and began chagrining toward the beast. “NO INU YASHA…WAIT!!!!!!!!!!” cried Mitsu.
 
But Inu Yasha had already slashed at the mirror on the monster's chest… and he flew right back as if he was attacked right back.
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha… Silly Fool!” laughed the monster. “You just fell right into my Trap… MIRROR-WALL!!!”
 
“There's a reason I made form Mirrors Fool. You see… by slashing away at me you met an equal match with your own reflection!”
 
“You attacked yourself… and therefore you took half as much of the Damage as I did!”
 
“Of course it did cost me 100 of my defense points, but you take more damage than I do!”
Shipo jumped out from behind the bushes and used his Fox-Fire, only to have the Mirror's bounce it right back at him.
 
“Yet another one of my special powers!” said Reflect-Bounder, “It's called… MIRROR-FORCE!!!”
 
“It allows me to redirect special attacks back to you, and the nice thing is, I don't have to give up my Defense points to use it!”
 
“This is very bad!” cried Mitsu, “We cannot attack with brute strength, or by specialty, Or he will just reflect the attacks back to us!”
 
“Oh that's just swell!” snapped Inu Yasha, “That means if we attack him; We're doomed, and if we don't attack we're doomed!”
 
“Somehow, we are going to have to keep the battle going until we figure out a weakness!” said Omaru.
 
“Be very careful!”
 
* * *
 
As the battle continued, not much progress had been made. The reflect-bounder was able to attack them, but thy were not able to strike back.
 
The best they could do was evade the attacks, but of course they could not keep going forever, they were already getting tired.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! What's the matter? Are you running low on energy!” chuckled the monster. “I'll end the suspense if you wish.!”
 
He poised himself over Shipo, who could hardly dodge anymore. “Mirrors, Mirrors, all around. Smash this fox-boy to the ground…Ha, ha, ha!”
 
“Help me!!!” cried Shipo. Knowing it might not work, Kagome fired a sacred arrow from behind the bush.
 
The Reflect bounder did use his Mirror-Wall to stop the arrow, but in the process he had to give up another 100 of his Defense points.
 
Kagome however, she wasn't hurt at all from attacking the mirrors. “Hey… that's it!!!” she cried.
 
Kagome's strategy worked…
 
* * *
 
As long as her reflection was not seen in the mirrors, she could not get hurt from her arrow attack.
 
However, the Reflect-bounder has to give up 100 defense-points whenever he used his Mirror wall.
 
And If his Defense reaches Zero, he could no longer shield himself from physical attacks.
 
* * *
 
“Why you wretched girl!” yelled the monster. “Save it for the Graveyard!” yelled Mitsu as she threw her blades.
 
Then she jumped up out of the mirror's view, and the blades damaged the monster badly.
 
Kagome and Mitsu's tag-team of quick attacks had succeeded in knocking his Defenses down to nothing. Everyone was now able to go at the monster with brute-force.
 
“IRON-REVER SOUL-STEALER!!!!
 
“NUN-CHUCK STRIKE!!!”
 
The monster was getting weaker by the minute, but not one of their attacks were strong enough to destroy him.
 
The only thing that would work for sure was the Wind-Scar, but the Mirror-Force attack was still active.
Since Reflect-bounder's Mirror-Force didn't require him to sacrifice any points, using the Wind-Scar was known to be foolish!
 
“”I have the upper-hand here!” snapped Reflect-bounder. He stuck out this arms… “MIRROR-WAVE!!!!”
 
He fired a blast of energy which knocked the Ninja's off their feet, and hit the ground hard enough to knock them out cold.
 
“Two down, and only three to go!” laughed the monster. “You're next Inu Yasha!”
 
“Even Kagome doesn't have the power to stop his attacks.!” Inu Yasha thought. “So there's no way I can beat him either…Unless!!”
 
“I get him to zap his own self!” He looked down at the Tetsusaiga, “Hey… that's it!”
 
“YOU'RE DEAD!!!” yelled the monster as he fired his Mirror-Wave. “Afraid not!” snapped Inu Yasha.
 
He raised the Tetsusaiga, as it stared glowing… “BACK-LASH-WAVE!!!”… and he deflected the blast right back to the monster.
 
“WHAT THE…OH NO!!!” The monster could only cry out in pain as all his mirrors began to shatter into pieces.
 
“Well…that's seven years bad-luck for you!” Chuckled Inu Yasha! “Now that you have nothing to shield you from my fire…”
 
“WIND-SCAR!!!”
 
Another job well done as the monster exploded when it was hit, and the card burned out.
 
* * *
 
Once back in the Village the Ninjas wondered how Inu Yasha was able to over come the Mirror-Force.
 
“I just used a little Mirror-Force power of my own!” he said. “But of course!” said Omaru.
 
“The Reflect-Bounder's power enabled him to deflect attacks poised at him, but it wouldn't work against a redirected attack of his own!”
 
The Ninja's were amazed “It appears that we discovered another chink in our brother's defenses!”
 
“Let us just hope that we can pries it open!”
 
* * *
 
As the Ninja's and Inu Yasha talked about plans for Hikaru's next plot, Kagome walked outside to where Sango was sitting.
 
She held Sanga in her arms and sobbed softly. “My son, Your Father's gone!” she sobbed. “He sacrificed himself to save me!”
 
Kagome sat down right by her. “Don't worry, Sango!” she said. “Miroku's not really dead!” She placed a comforting arm around her. “We'll get him back.”
 
“Do you really think so?” asked Sango, “Trust me, the love you and Miroku share is more powerful than anything Hikaru can throw at us!”
 
Sango dried her eyes. “Thank you Kagome!” she sobbed, “I swear, I will not rest until Hikaru pays for taking away my Miroku!”
 
* * *
 
Back in my castle…
 
“Who's dreadful idea was it to destroy those wretches with mirrors?” asked Miroku as he paced around.
 
“Forgive my Tattling…it was Rin's idea!” said Kohaku “RIN!!!” I shouted.
 
“I told you it would not prevail!” said Kohaku. Rin twiddled with her fingers, “It was my idea however…”
 
“SILENCE!!!!” I roared at her. “You Sniveling-Sycophant! You have Failed us Once again!!!”
 
Rin bowed down, “Y-yes My-lord, I suppose that is true!” she stuttered. “Just be thankful I was able to come back with a soul!” I said.
 
“Not quite the soul I was aiming for, but it shall do nicely!” I said looking at Miroku's soul-card.
 
“Mark my words… Those Wretches are History!!!”
 
* * *
 
The Ninjas had begun even more serious training with the team in preparation for more of the up-coming tasks ahead.
 
Over the past few weeks, I launched many of my monsters at the world, and not one of them was successful to destroy my enemies.
 
Even my most powerful beasts.
 
Launcher Spider… Jinzo… Insect-Queen… Blue-Eyes White Dragon… Black luster soldier… Gaia, the fierce knight…. Dark magician…
 
All of them tried, but each and every one of them failed me… Sometimes I even set my servants themselves after the enemies.
 
That seemed to have worked… at least the enemies did not have the heart to destroy them… but it made no difference.
 
My plans were still foiled! And many of the souls I had captured were released… However… It seemed to help me a bit more.
 
In the midst of the chaos I caused, I discovered something that would prove to be quite useful to me… but I still needed time.
 
Just what was it that I was up to?