InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ The Heart of the Soul ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
Inu Yasha and the Strike-Ninja stood ready for battle.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha! Inu Yasha, you are very lucky that a super-elite like myself is going to give you a fighting chance!!” said the Ninja.
 
“Humph!!!” snorted Inu Yasha. “No thanks! I'd prefer it if you came at me with all you got!”
 
“Be careful, Inu Yasha!” called Mitsu. “He may not be strong but he is awfully fast!!” added Omaru.
 
The Monkey-Warrior saw this as his chance… “BANANA-BLASTER!!!” And shot at the Ninjas which they barely dodged.
 
“Your fight is with me!” he snorted. “I'll take all of you on at once to make it interesting!!!”
 
“I shall help you.” Said Sango leaping onto the field. “I will do anything to get My Miroku back; including destroying you!!”
 
Kagome, Kirara, and Shipo volunteered to watch over Princess Tsuyu and keep her safe from the battle. “Kagome!” cried Tsuyu, “I wish Nobunaga was here!”
 
“Enough chattering! It's time for battle!!” bellowed the Strike-Ninja. “Fine by me!” said Inu Yasha.
 
* * *
 
The Monkey-Warrior gave Sango the first shot in the battle. “You will all soon find that your puny weapons are no match for my Armour!!”
 
Sango threw her Boomerang straight for him. It was able to hit the large primate, but it did hardly any damage at all.
 
“Silly Fool!” He snorted. “You'll have to do better than that!”
 
* * *
 
Inu Yasha dove straight for the Strike-Ninja, but right at the last second, he dodged the blow, and hit Inu Yasha himself.
 
“You just got lucky!” snapped Inu Yasha. “That can't happen again!” He dove for the Ninja, and he dodged it again.
 
“What you have in power, you lack in speed!” hissed the Ninja.
 
* * *
 
The Monkey-Warrior had taken hits from the Ninjas and Sango long enough. “You had your shares, now it's my turn!”
 
He attacked them all with huge punches knocking them all down to the ground hard.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Even monkey's that were bounded and gagged were more of a challenge than you three!!!” he sniggered.
 
* * *
 
Back in my castle…
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!! Excellent!!!” I laughed. “The energy is piling up faster than ever!!!”
 
“If only I add few more large bursts energy. I can unleash my ultimate weapon!!!”
 
Miroku and Rin bowed before me! “We are most grateful to you, Master Hikaru!” said Kohaku who stayed behind.
 
“But I should warn you about the Strike Ninja. “It seems that sooner or later he may escape your spell!” added Rin.
 
“Let him!” I said. “It matters not, either way; in the end I will rein Supreme in this world…Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!
 
* * *
 
Inu Yasha had hardly been able to hit the Strike-Ninja. “He keeps moving!!!” he cried.
 
“Every time I get him in my sights, he jumps somewhere else!! He's just too fast for me!!!”
 
The Ninja may have been winning the battle, but he was getting rather tired, and was breathing heavily now.
 
“You fight… rather well… to have last this long!” he panted. “But now the fight shall end!!”
 
He withdrew a familiar looking Katana from the sheath on his back. “Hey… that sword… could it be?” thought Inu Yasha.
 
Even Kagome and Princess Tsuyu thought that blade looked somewhat familiar.
 
If only Inu Yasha would be able to get close enough, maybe he could unmask the Ninja and expose his true identity.
 
Suddenly, he had an Idea. He remembered what Sango used while she faced off against me, and the same lessons the Ninjas had explained.
 
“Concentrate…and learn to predict our movements! Learn our thoughts…by reading our breath!!!”
 
“That's it!” though Inu Yasha.
 
The Strike-Ninja dove right at him, but Inu Yasha quickly dodged and hit him hard in the side with his fist.
 
The battle waged on, and the Ninja was losing badly. By the end of it all, the Ninja looked as though he was going to pass out!
 
“This…this is ridiculous! I cannot accept this!”
 
“YOU'RE A HALF-DEMON!!! I WON'T BE BEATEN BY SOMETHING INFERIOR TO ME!!!”
 
He lunged straight for Inu Yasha. “Inferior, am I?” he snorted “YOU DARE TO MOCK ME!!!”
 
He raised his foot, and made full contact with the Ninja's gut. The Ninja howled in pain, and then he collapsed.
 
“MASTER!!!” cried the Monkey-Warrior. He tried to walk over to his fallen comrade, but was ambushed by the other Ninjas and Sango.
 
They jumped all over his body trying to hold him down, and in the midst of it… he dropped his Banana-Blaster.
 
* * *
 
Kagome, Shipo, Kirara, and the Princess walked out of the shrubs and over to Inu Yasha cautiously, for Kagome sensed that the Ninja was not really dead.
 
“Well…in that case!” said Inu Yasha as he raised his sword up high. “Let's hack off that mask and see who he really is!!!”
 
He took one swipe of the Tetsusaiga, and hacked the Strike-Ninja's mask to pieces… Revealing his face!!!
 
“WHAT THE…?!” cried Inu Yasha... “NO, WAY!!!” cried Kagome…
 
“No…no it can't be!” cried Tsuyu… “NOBUNAGA….ohhh!!!” she fainted into Shipo's arms. “Princess!!” cried Kagome.
 
Quickly she and Shipo carried the Princess near the palace, and Inu Yasha hopped over to help fight the Monkey-warrior, which they already guessed was Nobunaga's pet monkey. Hiyoshimaru
 
* * *
 
After the Princess awoke, she Kagome and Shipo walked over to Nobunaga and tried to wake him up.
Nobunaga slowly opened his eyes, but walked outside to see his beloved pet monkey being ambushed four against one.
 
“Hiyoshimaru!!” cried Nobunaga! The others just stayed behind him. The Princess wondered what this was all about?
 
* * *
 
Up in my Castle…
 
“You three… go down there now and cause more trouble!” I said. Kohaku, Rin and, Miroku bowed and left.
 
Then I used special powers to talk with Nobunaga in the winds. “they are right where we want them!” I said.
 
“Nobunaga… DESTROY THEM ALL NOW!!”
 
* * *
 
“Huh?” The Banana-Blaster flew into his arms, and was aimed at all five fighters in front of him.
 
“I can't!” cried Nobunaga. “Hiyoshimaru will also be destroyed if I shoot now!”
 
* * *
 
“DO AS YOU'RE TOLD!!!”
 
* * *
 
“I WON'T!” yelled Nobunaga, “He is not just my pet, he is my comrade. We are not pawns in your twisted game!”
 
* * *
 
“Oh, but you are! And If you will not do as I say, then I SHALL MAKE YOU…
 
BRAIN-CONTROL!!!”
 
* * *
 
Nobunaga suddenly felt his body slipping out of control as he gripped the gun with force and took aim.
 
“WHAT…NO…. HIYOSHIMARU, LOOK OUT!!!” he cried, but Hiyoshimaru was too caught up in the battle to notice, and so were the others.
 
The Princess tried to run out to Nobunaga's aid, but I had set up a magical barrier preventing outside interference.
 
Even Kagome's sacred Arrow could get through it. “what are we going to do?” she cried.
 
* * *
 
“Destroy them…DESTROY THEM NOW!!!” I bellowed.
 
* * *
 
“That's Hikaru's voice! Cried Shipo. “SANGO, NINJAS, INU YASHA!!!”
 
Nobunaga felt his fingers reaching for the trigger. “HIYOSHIMARU… OUT OF THE WAY!!!” he cried
 
“I CAN'T STOP HIM!!!!”
 
* * *
 
FIRE!!!!”< /div>
 
* * *
 
“NO!!!!”
 
Nobunaga pressed on the Trigger against his will, and the blaster fired, hitting all the fighters.
 
All of the others fell down like dominoes… “SANGO, INU YASHA, NINJAS!!!” cried Kagome and Shipo.
“NOBUNAGA!!” cried the Princess as she ran over to him now that barrier was gone, but Nobunaga just looked forward.
 
Kagome also noticed that his eyes weren't red anymore, which must've meant that his soul had returned to his body.
 
* * *
 
Apparently… I was able to capture souls… but not hearts! Nobunaga's heart must've gained enough strength to break off my shadow magic!!”
 
* * *
 
When the dust cleared…. Inu Yasha and the others managed to struggle to their feet… but Hiyoshimaru lay perfectly still on the ground.
 
He dropped the gun and ran over to his fallen friend. “No…NO!!” he cried. “Hiyoshimaru… are you alright!!!”
 
The weakened monkey could barley even speak. “W…w…why would our master do this?” he asked. “He has no heart!” cried Nobunaga.
 
“Ugh… All I ever wanted to do….was serve him faithfully… so I could look out for you Nobunaga!!!” cried Hiyoshimaru.
 
“Ever since… you began lamenting…the loss of hope in winning… the heart of our Princess… I couldn't stand to see you suffer!”
 
Tsuyu walked over to the two friends, and asked. “What are you saying?”
 
Hiyoshimaru told her everything… about how much Nobunaga longed for her love, but never was able to earn it.
 
Nobunaga even admitted that it was true. “I did love you, Princess Tsuyu, and I still do!” he said.
 
“That is why… we joined up with Hikaru!” cried Hiyoshimaru. “We may not have been the smartest of his minions… but none were ever more loyal!!”
 
“Now…it seems…it was all a…big waste!” He looked up at his friend. “It's too late for me…but… not for you…Nobunaga!”
 
“Please…conserve your strength my friend!” cried Nobunaga. “Ugh… Good…bye…ugh!!!”
His eyes snapped shut, and his body rose into the air… AND EXPLODED into nothing!!!
 
“HIYOSHIMARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” cried Nobunaga! “Look… he's gone!” cried Omaru.
 
Nobunaga fell to his knees, and began to sob softly at the ground. “Nobunaga!” cried Tsuyu, “I am so sorry…this is all my fault!” Nobunaga looked up at her. “No, Princess… I am the one to blame!”
 
“If only I had told you of my feelings toward you… I never would have met Hikaru, and this never would've happened!”
 
The Princess wiped the tears from her eyes. “What shall you do now?” she asked sadly.
 
“Good-Bye, Hiyoshimaru…my friend!” he cried. “I shall avenge your destruction… I SWEAR IT!!!”
 
Nobunaga then looked straight up to the sky. “Hikaru Migotsu… I Curse Your Name!!!” he growled. “I Will Never Again Lift A Finger For You!!!”
 
“I AM NO LONGER YOUR WARRIOR!!!”
 
 
* * *
 
“You cannot walk away from Me!” I snarled.“You are mine… and mine alone… FOREVER!!!”
 
“Hiyoshimaru may be gone, but you still have the powers of my STRIKE-NINJA… and like it or not, I will use those powers as I see fit to unleash my greatest power yet!!!”
 
* * *
 
“Is he serious!” asked Shipo. “There is no doubt…Our brother has gone completely mad!” said Mitsu.
 
“Nobunaga… are you going to take that from him or what?” asked Inu Yasha. Nobunaga flexed his fists and turned back toward the sky.
 
“I Will Never Give My Powers Back TO THE LIKES OF YOU, HIKARU!!!” he shouted.
 
Suddenly, Kohaku and I appeared in a cloud of smoke on the field. “Of course you will not give them… Which is why I'll just take them!!” I growled.
 
“But first!” I said Eying the Princess, “You… shall make a nice addition to my collection!”
 
The Princess, who had always had been frightened of battle, Stood perfectly still. I raised my staff and fired… “ECTO-PLASMIC-MORTIFICATION!!!!”
 
But Nobunaga reacted quickly, and scooped the Princess up in his arms, and carried her to safety.
 
I had missed my shot, and Nobunaga ran off the Princess! “Don't worry about us!” he cried in the distance.
 
“He got away… he got away!” cried Kagome. “Which is more than you ever will!!” I snorted.
 
“I am going to have to unleash some of my best minions by far.” I took out threes special cards.
 
“Master…those are all the monsters you have left!” cried Kohaku. “Are they really worth the gamble!”
 
I stared at Kohaku with Angry eyes. “You dare Question me in my presence again, and you will suffer the same fate as those fools!”
 
“Master… I apologize!”
 
I turned back towards the others, and I threw the cards into the air. What Diabolical creatures did I summon now?