InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ The First Step!! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
 
“No way!!” snapped Inu Yasha, “It cannot be!!” cried the Ninjas. “The sword is in the Shadow-Realm?” asked Kagome.
 
“Yes, it is.” Said Kikyo. “The Pharaoh himself knew evil ones sought true power, would often purged to recover the sword for evil uses!”
 
“So the Pharaoh locked the Sword in the Shadow-Realm so that one day, it's fated possessor would appear to claim it!”
 
“Fated possessor?” asked Inu Yasha. “Are you saying that it will only be taken by the right type of person?”
 
“Yes… and No!” said Kikyo, “The sword can actually be used by anyone, but only if you are able to find it and claim it.”
 
* * *
 
Kikyo continued long into the night!
 
By morning it was decided. Inu Yasha was going after the sword, while the rest of them try to stop Hikaru!
 
Dangerous, but the only option left to distract him for obtaining anymore energy to release the God monsters.
 
Kikyo and Inu Yasha had moved to the Shadow-Shrine deep in the woods, while the rest of the gang headed in the direction of the Forbidden mountain.
 
* * *
 
Up in my castle…
 
“Ah Ha… so the fools think can out smart me!” I said. “Here I thought I would have to lure them here, and they just come on their own terms.”
 
“Master, what do you wish for us to do?” asked Kohaku. “Keep all the traps activated!” I answered.
 
“Gate-Guardian… if and after they make it across the mountain trail, you shall wait at the bottom in case Inu Yasha should come along!”
 
The Gate-Guardian bowed. “My life is but to serve you, My Lord!” he said and left.
 
“Miroku… you and Nobunaga shall wait at the halfway point should those clowns make it so far!”
 
“And Kohaku and Rin… you both shall guard the entrance! If they manage to make it to the castle… you shall be our only defenses!”
 
“Yes Master, we will not fail you!” said Rin, and she and the others headed off.
 
“It matters not if they succeed or fail!” I thought, “In the end they shall have served their purpose and I shall no longer require them!”
 
“Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh… Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha… WAH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!”
 
* * *
 
Kikyo and Inu Yasha had stepped into the shrine, unbeknownst that they were being followed.
 
“Lord-Sesshoumaru!” cried Jaken, “You can't be serious, following Inu Yasha to the Shadow Realm?”
 
Sesshoumaru ignored him. “For many years, I assumed the legendary sword of Shadows was a myth!” he thought.
 
“Now I know for sure that it exists!”
 
“Jaken… we are going in after them!” he said. “WHAT!!! No, My-Lord, it is a terrible frightening place, the Shadow Realm!”
 
“Enough, Jaken!” snapped Sesshoumaru. “I am not doing this for greedy reasons, I am doing this to save Rin!!”
 
“I will make Hikaru pay dearly for what he has done to her, and for ever defeating me in a duel!”
 
* * *
 
Inside the Shrine, Kikyo and Inu Yasha stopped just before the two stone doors.
 
“Are you certain you wish to do this, Inu Yasha?” she asked. “Once we step through the portal, we will not be able to return unless you get the sword!”
 
“I'm not sure!” said Inu Yasha, “But if it's the only thing that can beat Hikaru… then we have to do this!”
 
Kikyo nodded, and then stepped upward to the tomb, she recited an ancient chant, and the tomb doors opened wide.
 
Purple smoke began puffing out from the door, and a strange duel-monster holding a staff approached them both.
 
He bowed to them both and said. “I am the Gate-Keeper of the Shadow Realm! Do you and Inu Yasha wish to enter my domain, Lady Kikyo?”
 
“Yes, we do!” answered Kikyo, and Inu Yasha nodded. “Then proceed through the portal!” said the Gate-Keeper.
 
The tow travelers followed him into the smoke, and the doors behind sealed up… there was no going back now.
 
Little did either of them realized that Sesshoumaru and Jaken had also entered before the gate closed, and they were trapped inside too.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile…
 
The others had arrived at the remains of the village near the foot of the Forbidden Mountain.
 
Sango really wished she could fly up there on Kirara, but the Air Defensive Traps would sense that immediately.
 
Sango and Kirara would have bee shot down before even taking off… The option was to climb the mountain old fashioned style.
 
However, with so many Booby-Traps guarding the path way to the top of the mountain where my Castle was located in the storm cloud.
 
The climb would be anything but easy, and almost suicidal.
 
But with Sango keeping in mind of Saving her husband and brother, as well as the Ninja's trying to stop their brother before he can cause anymore trouble, the team had no choice.
 
The field had been set for the team's most dangerous part of their quest yet, for they and soon, Inu Yasha are heading deep into the jaws of the enemy.
 
It's time… for a Journey up the Forbidden Mountain!!!
 
* * *
 
Everyone walked closer and closer towards the starting point of the Mountain, proceeding with extreme caution to avoid setting off any of the traps.
 
Shipo however was so wrapped up in his thoughts of beating me up, he didn't realize he was walking ahead without the others.
 
However, his tripping over a fallen log snapped him out of it. “Hey, why are you all still standing there, when we're so near the end?” he asked.
 
“We are standing here, because if we take one more step forward, we could be destroyed!” said Omaru. Shipo's ears perked up. “What do mean… destroyed!”
 
“Shipo, did you forget already of what Kikyo said?” asked Sango. “There are traps near the mountain as well as on it!”
 
“That is correct!” said Mitsu, “You see… according to Kikyo's tale; We are now the area which separates the grounds we stand on from the mountain trail!”
 
“It was mentioned that it has powerful explosives weapons buried beneath the grounds.”
 
“One false step… and even your remains will be destroyed!” Shipo was barely able to keep still.
 
“Shipo!” cried Kagome, “Get up as carefully as you can! Don't let anything move!!”
 
Ever so slowly Shipo got to his feet, and then stepped back to the others following in his foot prints!
 
A small rock fell out of a nearby tree, and exploded form landing on a explosive spot.
 
“How are we supposed to get through this?” asked Shipo. “Well, my sister and I can just jump across.” Said Omaru.
 
“What… you two can't be serious, you'll never make it!” cried Kagome.
 
“Anything is possible for those who were trained by our father, Yoshi!” said Mitsu.
 
The Ninjas backed up a bit, then charged forward and leaped beautifully over the entire section, landing safely on the other side.
 
Since Sango and the others couldn't leap that far, they sat on Kirara's back, and she carried them to the other side.
This way, the air Traps would not be triggered, and now that they were all safely across, it was time to start their climb.
 
Little did they Know, the Gate-Guardian had already taken his position behind a bush near the start of the field.
 
“Heh… heh… heh! Like capturing a mouse with a piece of Poisoned Cheese!” he sniggered.
 
* * *
 
Up in my castle… in the Dungeon!
 
Princess Tsuyu was reunited with her husband once again. She was glad yet sad at same time.
 
Right in the cell opposite from her and her Husband, Nobunaga just sat there so perfectly still.
 
She hadn't forgotten that Nobunaga was in this predicament because of her and her husband.
 
“I swear!” said the Husband, “If only I had known Nobunaga cared this much for you, I would have given him to you long ago!”
 
“Oh, My lord!” cried the Princess, “If only Nobunaga would respond to me… I would tell him that I wish to spend the rest of my life making it up to him!”
 
Her husband smiled, “All I want is for you to be happy, and if it is Nobunaga you wish to be with… I will do all I can to help you!”
 
Tsuyu hugged her Husband, only to have it interrupted by Miroku entering the Dungeon. “Fat chance of that!” he growled.
 
He opened Nobunaga's cell and took him by the shoulder, and since Nobunaga was still in a trance he could not defend himself.
 
“Where are you taking him?” cried Tsuyu. “I won't tell you anything!” snapped Miroku, “I'll show you instead… Hee… hee… hee!!!”
He raised his staff, and all four of them vanished.
 
* * *
 
Up in the throne room, I was watching the whole thing. “Don't forget to de-spell the Traps near the bottom, and halfway points!” I said to Kohaku and Rin.
 
“I wouldn't want the Gate-Guardian, nor My own servant to be hit by the traps!”
 
Kohaku and Rin bowed, and began removing cards from the walls which had maps of the mountain drawn on to them!
 
I looked out the window and sniggered. “So... it has finally begun! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!”