InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ The Legendary Sword of Shadows. ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
 
The team stared at the Ancient Elf with furry in their eyes. “Miroku!” cried Sango.
 
“Yes, we meet again!” said Miroku, “And I also have a new servant I'd like you all to meet, but think you already know each other.”
 
Miroku Waved his staff, and there right beside appeared Nobunaga, still in his Strike-Ninja suit without the mask!
 
“Nobunaga!” cried Kagome. “How can you work for Hikaru after what he did to you?” asked Shipo.
 
Nobunaga remained where he was. “Go ahead, ask him anything you like!” snapped Miroku, “He can't hear you! His mind maybe gone, but his powers belong to me!”
 
The others exchanged horrified looks. “And while I'm at it, meet my two new Prisoners!”
 
Miroku snapped his fingers, and a cage appeared in midair with the Princess and her husband!
 
“Nobunaga! Please wake up!” cried Tsuyu. “Silence… or I'll have to gag you as well!” snapped Miroku.
 
“Now my Ninja… ATTACK!!!”
 
Nobunaga stood up and charged forward, and of course the team had no choice.
 
They really couldn't just destroy Nobunaga, and all they really had to do was snap him out of his trance, but how?
 
In the meantime, they had to just keep up their defenses while Miroku watch from the sidelines.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile… back in the Shadow Realm!
 
Inu Yasha slowly walked up the steps to the beginning of the long corridor, leaving Kikyo and the Gate-Keeper in back.
 
He was ready to face the first Challenge. “The breath of the Pharaoh!” he mumbled under his breath.
 
“The Penitent man will pass… The penitent man will pass!” as he kept mumbling the clue under his breath. The clue became much more clearer.
 
“The Penitent man is humble before the Pharaoh!” What did that mean, “Humble before the Pharaoh?”
 
Inu Yasha sudden noticed the Spider-webs flying upward. “The Penitent man is Humble…!”
 
Suddenly he got it. “Kneels before the Pharaoh… KNEELS!!!” he ducked down just in time, as two twin blades swung madly from the side of the walls.
 
Inu Yasha stayed low, and crawled right underneath the blades, when he saw the machine used to make the blades work, he jammed it with a rock.
 
This caused both blades to come out of the wall and stop spinning, “I'M THROUGH!!!” he called up the corridor.
 
Kikyo breathed a sign of relief, then she and the Gate-Keeper proceeded slowly up the way themselves.
 
They had to stop at the blades, because it was time for Inu Yasha to face the second challenge.
 
“The Name of the Pharaoh! By back stepping in the footsteps of the Pharaoh will ye proceed!” said Inu Yasha.
 
He stepped up to a big spider-web and brushed it away. There on the floor ahead were many little spaces on the floor each with a letter on it!
 
“Proceed in the footsteps of the…” Suddenly, Inu Yasha got it, “The Name of the Pharaoh… YU-GI-OH!”
 
“But… in back-stepping… Yu-Gi-Oh begins with an `H'! thought Kikyo.
 
Inu Yasha stepped on the `Y' and the panel gave away under his weight leading to a spiked trap hole down below.
 
Luckily he jumped off before it crumbled completely. “DAMN IT!” he growled. “Idiot! It says to do it Backwards!”
 
So he stepped onto each letter spelling the name backwards. `H'...'O'...'I'…'G'…'U'…'Y'!!! Each correct letter did not collapse, and Inu Yasha made it safely across.
 
Kiyko and Gate-Keeper hopped across the panels too, and then, a very large indoor gorge, which was really a bottomless pit was in front of them.
 
Inu Yasha looked above the alcove, and saw what appeared to be a statue of a lion's head… The third, and final challenge!
 
“The Path of the Pharaoh… only in a leap from the lions head, will ye prove your worth?”
 
That couldn't be true at all. The other side was at least 20 yards away, with a pit of eternal nothingness down below.
 
“Impossible! Nobody can jump this!” snapped Inu Yasha. Suddenly he realized… it was “Leap”…not “Jump”.
 
Inu Yasha had to take a leap of faith. That was nuts, he was thinking of quitting when he could swear he heard Kagome and friends crying out for his help.
 
“I've got to believe… I've got to believe!” he slowly raised his bare foot in the air… and leaped off the ledge.
 
Then he stopped… right in midair, he wasn't falling at all, then he looked down at his feet and noticed why.
 
He seemed to be standing on what seemed to be a solid stone bridge that wasn't there before.
 
So that's why it was called the Path of the Pharaoh!
 
 
The moment Inu Yasha had crossed over to the other side of the gorge, the path became invisible again.
 
He threw some dirt all over the path for Kikyo and Gate-Keeper to follow the path.
 
* * *
 
Once they were all safely across, they continued down the tunnel and emerged in a small chamber.
 
Their eyes widened in amazement, there was the sword resting in the pedestal before them.
 
The hilt was black, the blade was black, it even shined a black light. IT truly had to be a powerful weapon to be so dark like that.
 
“Well done, Inu Yasha.” Said Gate-Keeper you have indeed proven yourself worthy of the sword… Take it!”
 
Nervously, Inu Yasha steeped up the pedestal and grabbed hold of the hilt of the sword.
 
The Black blade began glowing white in Inu Yasha's hands, then he gently lifted the sword out of the pedestal.
 
“It's so light, you can hardly feel it!” said Inu Yasha “Yes, to you the Sword will be weightless in matter.” Said Gate-Keeper.
“And remember, the Sword can also be fused into other weapons, as well as used by itself!”
 
The only problem was, Inu Yasha didn't quite know how to fuse the sword into his Tetsusaiga.
 
Never the less, he had the sword, now I would be as good as done for. That was… if Inu Yasha got out of the Shadow-Realm.
 
Gate-Keeper used his magic to transport them outside of the Temple, and back to where they first came in.
 
“I am not permitted to ever leave this realm!” said Gate-Keeper, but I wish you good luck Inu Yasha!”
 
“Thanks, Gate-Keeper… I owe you a lot.” Said Inu Yasha. Kikyo was about to use her powers and summon the gate back to the real world…when suddenly.
 
Gate-Keeper felt something attack him from behind and shattering his staff to pieces. “WHAT!!!” he cried.
 
They all turned around, and saw Sesshomaru with Jaken by his side. “We meet Again Inu Yasha!” he said wickedly.
 
“Sesshomaru!?” snapped Inu Yasha, “How they heck did you get in here?”
 
“That is none of your concern!” snapped Jaken, “Now do as we say, and turn the Sword of Shadows to Lord-Seeshomaru!”
 
Inu Yasha withdrew the Tetsusaiga. “No Way, If you want it so bad, you'll have to take it from me!” he growled.
 
“Really?” said Sesshomaru, “I was hoping we could do this the easy way, but if you insist!”
 
He withdrew his Fighting-Sword and stared his younger brother down, ready for battle.
 
Jaken stepped up to the Gate-Keep and Kikyo, and held his staff of two heads ready to fire.
 
“I wouldn't want My-Lord's battle to be interrupted now, would I?” he said Wickedly.
 
But before he could fire, he was grabbed by another duel-monster from behind, which was joined by more monsters.
 
Soon, Jaken was completely buried in Duel monsters, but as soon as they finished Jaken off, they started moving towards the other two.
 
“Gate-Keeper, what are they doing?” cried Kikyo. “Without my staff, I have no control over them!” cried Gate-Keeper.
 
“Their only purpose is destroy whatever they see, Including Us… More accurately… YOU!!!!”
 
Kikyo was alive, and if the monsters destroyed her, she would never be permitted to leave the Shadow-Realm.
 
Since she couldn't fight them off, the best thing she could do was put up a sacred barrier around her and Gate-Keeper.
 
However, it wouldn't last long, which meant Inu Yasha would have to hurry if they were to escape in one piece.