InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ Omari Nobunaga's Last stand! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
 
Sesshomaru dove straight at Inu Yasha, but he parried the attack with the Tetsusaiga.
 
Regardless of how many times Inu Yasha tried to return the attack, it never quite reached it's target.
 
Finally, Sesshomaru managed to Knock the Tetsusaiga out of his brother's hand, but Inu Yasha wasn't down yet.
 
Quickly he withdrew his newly acquired Sword Of Shadows, “You wanted to see the sword for yourself, well here it comes!”
 
 
Meanwhile, Kikyo's barrier was getting weaker by the minute as the monsters tried to force their way in.
 
“Gate-Keeper, the barrier will not hold much longer.” Cried Kikyo. “Somehow we must get Inu Yasha to realize he's fighting a worthless battle!” thought Gate-Keeper.
 
 
Sure enough the Sword of Shadows did prove to be a lot stronger than the Tetsusaiga.
 
It was so light in weight, making it great for quick attacks, and it was able to repel Sesshomaru's Sword-blast right back to him.
 
Sesshomaru weak, but not defeated, just lay there in the purple sand. “I've been waiting for this moment for a long time!” he said.
 
He poised the sword directly over Sesshomaru's heart. “You may be my brother, but you certainly don't act like it!”
 
“Good-bye, Sesshomaru!”
 
He raised the sword high ready to pierce through Sesshomaru's heart, but before he could bring it down, Sesshomaru forced his claws straight into Inu Yasha's heart!
 
“INU YAHSA!!!” cried Kikyo, as Inu Yasha's body slammed hard on the ground, dead as dust.
 
“Still the same half-wit you always were!” said Sesshomaru. He walked over towards the sword. “The Sword of Shadows is all mine!”
 
But strangely, when he tried to pick it up the sword didn't budge an inch. He tried again, with the same result.
 
Suddenly, the sword began glowing with a mysterious dark glow, and raised into the air.
 
Poising itself over Inu Yasha's dead body, it healed all of his injuries, and returned him back to his normal state.
 
When the Duel monsters saw Inu Yasha come back to life, they all ran off like cowards. “Hey, what happened?” asked Inu Yasha, “Aren't I supposed to be dead?”
 
Kikyo dissolved the Barrier, and Gate-Keeper said. “The Sword of Shadows has chosen you, Inu Yasha!”
 
“It will not only increase your stamina in battle, but it will heal you instantly whenever you use it in battle.”
 
Gate-Keeper then cast a angry look at Sesshomaru, “As for you!” he snapped. “Are you wondering why you could not lift the Sword?”
 
“The sword has chosen Inu Yasha, therefore, Only Inu Yasha has the power to wield the mighty blade!”
 
“To all others, the sword weighs the exact same amount as a mountain. No other can even lift the sword.”
 
“So it is clear now.” said Sesshomaru, “It seems that the sword will not obey me, and never shall!”
He sheathed his Battle-sword. “For once Inu Yasha, I will admit defeat, but don't think for once this resolves our differences!”
 
 
Before everyone left through the Gate, Sesshomaru used his Tensagia, and healed Jaken.
 
“Lord-Sesshomaru!” he cried, “You saved my life again, how can I ever repay you?”
 
“You can hurry up, and come with us before you are left behind!” said Sesshomaru. Jaken hastily jumped through the gate as it closed.
 
If it wasn't for Sesshomaru telling them he was just trying to save Rin, they would've have left him in Shadow-Realm as well.
 
 
Gate-Keeper had to stay behind, for it was his job to guard the gate. “Good luck my friends!” he said under his breath.
 
* * *
 
Back on the forbidden mountain, the team was losing ever so badly to Nobunaga, and Miroku.
 
Even the Ninjas themselves were not strong enough to over power Nobunaga while he was being controlled by Miroku.
 
 
Form in the floating cage.
 
“Please Nobunaga, stop this!” cried Princess Tsuyu, “It's no use Princess!” cried her husband. “He cannot hear you!”
 
 
Nobunaga had just kicked Sango and Kirara to the ground, and now was holing Kagome by the neck.
 
“Nobunaga…!” Kagome squeaked, “You have to remember…. Hikaru Betrayed you!!”
 
“He lied to you about getting the Princess back, and then he made you Destroy Hiyoshimaru!”
 
“Think back!”
 
Nobunaga stared into Kagome's eyes, and focused on what she had just said… it was all becoming clear.
 
* * *
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
Hikaru…(Me): Destroy them… DESTROY THEM NOW!!!
 
 
Nobunaga: *Struggling with the blaster*… Hiyoshimaru… GET OUT OF THE WAY… I CAN'T STOP HIM!!!
 
 
Hikaru: FIRE!!!
 
 
(Nobunaga fires, and Hiyoshimaru was hit)
 
 
Hiyoshimaru…(Monkey-Warrior): It's… too late for me… but…not for you Nobunaga…Goodbye!
 
Nobunaga: Hiyoshimaru! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
* * *
 
Nobunaga's eye stopped glowing red and became normal again. “I…Remember!!!” he said as he gently put Kagome down.
 
He used one of his Ninja-stars to cut down the cage holding the Princess and her lord. “Nobunaga?” she cried.
 
Nobunaga smiled at her, and then he started towards Miroku with his eye filled with furry.
 
“What are you doing?” snapped Miroku. “Destroy them!”
 
“No, I'll destroy YOU!!!” snapped Nobunaga.
 
“You are mine! I command you to stop!!!” but Miroku was already going head on with Nobunaga.
 
 
Kagome and friends walked over to the Princess and her husband. “Are you okay?” she asked, but the Princess was string frightfully at the battle.
 
Sango was even more worried than Tsuyu. It was her husband Nobunaga was battling there.
 
 
Miroku gave Nobunaga a huge kick in the gut sending him fly hard into the rocks, but Nobunaga had also thrown a Ninja bomb at Miroku, which hit him hard as well.
 
“Nobunaga!!” cried Tsuyu running over to him. “Princess, come back here!” cried Kagome, but she already reached him.
 
She helped the new man she loved to her feet. “I am not going let him hurt you anymore, not before we have a chance together!”
 
Nobunaga blushed for the first time in a long time. He had always wanted to hear her say that.
 
“Nobunaga, we can still beat him. Remember what Hikaru has done to you!” she cried.
 
“I've grown to despise Hikaru more than you, my Princess!” said Nobunaga, then he tossed a card to Kagome.
 
“Take that card, it will help you defeat him!” he called. “That is not going to happen!” snapped Miroku as he crawled out of the rocks.
 
He aimed his staff, and fired his most powerful attack towards Nobunaga and the Princess.
 
“PRINCESS…OUT OF THE WAY!!”
 
Nobunaga shoved her out of the blasts path just in time as it hit him with full force.
 
Nobunaga screamed in agony as lightning bolts began spewing out of his body, then he fell over backward, AND EXPLODED!!!
 
He was gone!
 
Everyone stared at the pile of ashes that remained of him. Tsuyu burst into tears… “NOBUNAGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”
 
Kagome's anger boiled up inside. “He…Didn't deserve THAT!!!” she growled. “MIROKU, NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!!”
 
But strange as it was Miroku was gone. “He got away again!” cried Sango. Then she noticed some scratching on the rock where he was.
 
 
“If you want to get me, come to the top of the mountain!”
 
Sango charged further up the mountain, leaving the others to catch up to her.
 
“Kirara, Take the Princess and the her husband to safety.” Said Kagome, “We're going for it!”
 
Kirara changed into her giant-self, and took the Princess and her husband down the mountain.
 
Tsuyu's face was red from crying, and she didn't stop. Nobunaga, the man she really loved all along was dead!
 
“Nobunaga…why!!!” she sobbed. Her husband held her close to him, “People always do crazy things… when they are in love!” he cried.