InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ Arise Exodia te Forbidden one. ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
 
Sesshomaru must have slipped away after the battle with me, but to where he was now did not matter.
 
* * *
 
I was lying on the floor in Kaede's hut back in the village; still in my total black out.
 
Kagome even went back to her era, and brought back some medicine and rubbing alcohol for my wounds.
 
Since I was separated from my staff, and I wasn't conscious, My Dian Keto spell did not work as effectively.
 
Everyone walked outside to give me so space, “Well, how is he?” asked Mitsu, “Tell us… Will our brother be fine!”
 
“Have no fear!” said Kaede, “His wounds are very deep, and he has taken quite a beating!”
 
“But, the worst seems to be over. He merely requires some rest, and he shall recover!”
 
“Agreed!” said Miroku, “And until we work out what to do with him, we must keep him at a far distance from his Staff!”
 
 
As long as the Staff was not in my hand, I was considered to be practically harmless.
 
However…because only I could lift up the staff, as it was made of the same material as the Sword of Shadows… there was no way to get it off the Forbidden-Mountain.
 
It was also noted that I could wake up at any time, and make an attempt to go after it.
 
Therefore, the team was divided into two groups.
 
 
Inu yasha, Kagome, Sango, and Kirara took turns watching over my staff at the top of the mountain.
 
Without me, or my dark forces there anymore, all the traps had vanished, and the mountain was revised back to normal.
 
 
Meanwhile… Omaru, Mitsu, Kikyo, Miroku, and Kaede kept a watch over me in the village.
 
Still…with me under a tight watch, it made no difference. With all the damage I had done to the lands around…
 
The once proud Feudal-Japan… was now no more than a wasteland filled what little survivors left.
 
* * *
 
That night…Up on the mountain, Kagome and Shipo were taking their turn watching over the staff.
 
“Y-Y-YIKES!!!” cried Shipo, “What was that… I saw something move!”
 
“Relax Shipo! It was only your shadow.” Said Kagome. “Oh…right… I knew that.” Said Shipo as he blushed red.
 
It was getting close to midnight, and Shipo had already drifted of to sleep before he'd have to take over the watch again.
 
“Poor little guy.” Kagome thought as she stroked his head. “He's still so young, and yet he's trying to be brave.”
 
* * *
 
The next morning, Kagome and Shipo woke up, but when they looked behind them…the staff was gone!
 
They quickly flew back to the village, and got there just before Inu Yasha, Sango, and Kirara left.
 
“What? The Staff is gone!” snapped Inu Yasha.
 
“It cannot be!” cried Omaru, “I was with Hikaru all night, and he is still out cold!”
 
 
“GAHH!!” cried Shipo, “Uh… I hate to interrupt but… LOOK THERE!!!” he cried pointing at the mountain.
 
Everyone looked up and saw a dark cloud forming at the top, and spreading throughout the land.
 
Soon, it was as Dark as night!
 
“We better check this out!” said Inu Yasha. “But Inu Yasha, what about our brother?” asked Mitsu. “We cannot just leave him!”
 
“Fear not!” said Kikyo, “I shall keep watch over Hikaru. I will not let him out of my sight for a instant!”
 
“Kikyo?” whispered Inu Yasha know full well what she meant. It had finally become clear that Kikyo still had feelings for me, and was willing to put her Second-life on the line to save mine.
 
Everyone nodded, and headed off towards the mountain, leaving Kiyko to tend to me once again.
 
 
She sprinkled a special herb over my wounds to help the swelling go down, and wiped the blood from my face.
 
“Hikaru,” she cried, “I'm ever so sorry!”
 
Just because I wasn't awake, and couldn't see or respond… it didn't mean I still could Hear her.
 
“All this has been my doing! I never really intended to lock you into the Shadow-Realm, changing your personality!”
 
 
 
“All I wanted was for us both o be happy… even if it meant we may never had Married!”
 
“I promise, Hikaru… I will never let any such disasters happen to you again… with all my heart and soul… I promise you!”
 
Ever so slowly, Kikyo bent down and gently pressed her lips against mine…
 
The same way she once did for Inu Yasha, while her memory was still in a blank about me.
 
* * *
 
The others got closer and closer to the mountain top, and as soon as the reached it, the saw what appeared to be gigantic mount in the center of it in the air.
 
“Whoa, now that's what I call A Big Mouth!” said Kagome.
 
 
“I've been looking forward to this day!” the mouth hissed in a strong snake like voice.
 
“To when I would once again walk the Earth, and conquer all that my eyes can see!”
 
“Who exactly are you!” snapped Inu Yasha, “Don't tell me your another Demonic version of Naraku!”
 
“Hee…hee…hee! Naraku? I have never know such a name; nonetheless the being!” said the Mouth.
 
“But I will tell you… That I am indeed the very source of the Evil that was used by Hikaru!”
 
“You…are the one who has been controlling our brother this whole time?” shouted Omaru.
 
“Of course!” hissed the mouth.
 
“I merely needed someone to gather me the energy I required to escape from the depths of The Shadow-Realm.”
 
“I could sense a great ordeal from the power your brother possessed, he even tried to challenge me on!”
 
 
“Hikaru challenged you?” asked Miroku, “Then why is it he never used your powers?”
 
“Heh…heh…heh, because Hikaru, like all others, had tried but failed in battling against me!”
 
Just then… the mouth descended to the ground, and began it take the shape of a huge beast.
 
His muscles were even bigger than that of Obelisk's, and he had manacles and chains on each of his arms and legs.
 
His head seemed to be covered in a Egyptian crown like a Sphinx with a giant cobra at the top of it.
 
And there, in the middle of his chest, was my staff all black as it seemed to have lost it's powers.
 
“Behold myself!” said the beast. “I am… EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE!!!” he roared.
 
Just the very thunder of his roar caused the Earth around them to quake in fear.
 
“EXODIA!!!” cried Omaru and Mitsu, “It cannot be!!!”