InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ Hikaru's Awakening! ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY
 
 
“Exodia the Forbidden One!” cried Omaru, “I remember… Kikyo told us all about him!”
 
 
The most powerful of all duel-monsters to ever exist, even before the Gods were created.
 
As powerful as the Egyptian God monsters were, Exodia was said to be even stronger.
 
And from the looks of it…he was!
 
“For Five-Thousand long years, I have been sealed in the Dark void of The Shadow-Realm!” said Exodia.
 
“I was the King the of all Duel-monsters, but even the monsters themselves could not stand me!”
 
“Most of them had thought my powers alone had become too powerfulToo Evil!”
 
“They said that I wanted the world… only for myself! Perhaps they were right about that!”
 
Exodia hopped off the mountain, and began walking down the slope with a look of evil in his eyes, which made the other backtrack.
 
“Now that Hikaru has done all that I required, I no longer have any use for him!”
 
“When you all knocked him out cold, it gave a perfect chance to erase all the blackness from his body and return it to my own!”
 
“As a result… I have returned, and the world is now once again as it was meant to be… MY DOMAIN!!”
 
Inu Yasha whipped out his Sword, “Well, well… so all this time it was really you who we were up against… not Hikaru!”
 
Exodia sniggered, “Very precise, Inu Yasha!” he said.
 
“I was able to control Hikaru with the Dark energy I was able to seal into his body after I destroyed his left eye!”
 
“It was actually I who laid the EYE-of-TRUTH for Hikaru to find and use… but then again, when one is dying, who wouldn't take the chance!”
 
“It all makes sense now!” said Miroku…
 
Exodia was weakened from spending 5 millenniums in Darkness, and couldn't face them himself while he was weak.
 
So he had Hikaru do all his evil bidding for him under mind control to help him escape and restore his power.
 
 
“Now that we all understand each other, I will give you all a choice, and will say this only once!” said Exodia.
 
“You can spare yourselves the agony, by working for me, and being my obedient slaves!”
 
“Are you in, or are you out?”
 
“It is you who are out Exodia!” snapped Mitsu, “Out of your mind!”
 
“We would rather die 1000 deaths over, than join forces with you!” added Omaru!
 
“WRONG ANSWER!!!” snapped Exodia, and he leaped down the slop dragging everyone with him.
 
“You all had your chance!” he growled, “But once again, you choose the way of the fool!”
 
“Now, who wants to die first!”
 
“This guy is really starting to bother me!” grumbled Kagome! “We shall go first!” said Sango Taking Miroku's hand!
 
Kirara charged forward.
 
She breathed her fire… Miroku threw ancient charms… and Sango threw her Boomerang.
 
Miroku's charms burned up before even getting near Exodia.
 
Kirara's fire didn't even tickle him, and he used his chains to send the Boomerang back to them.
 
Hit at full force, Kirara tumbled into the bushes nearby along with Miroku and Sango.
 
“My word! He is rather powerful!” said Omaru. “Brother, we shall go next?” said Mitsu, Omaru nodded.
 
The Ninja's rushed forward with their weapons at the ready, but Exodia evaded them both, and kicked the Ninjas down hard.
 
Just two hits already, and Exodia already seemed to be on the verge of victory.
 
Kagome, and Inu Yasha stared at each other… “You Next!!”… they both said at the same time.
 
* * *
 
Back in the village…Kikyo had fallen asleep during her watch over me, and was laying quietly with her head on my bare chest.
 
 
As for me… I was beginning to see things in my mind… things from the past.
 
* * *
 
I was still locked n the Shadow-Realm, and it was the Day I met Exodia the forbidden one.
 
“Those fools thought you were a adversary!” he said to me, “But I… I see you as a valuable partner!”
 
“Partner?” I asked.
 
“With your new-found capabilities, and my resources… I can help you escape this world a help you take revenge on those who imprisoned you!”
 
“I Do Not Need Your Help For That!” I snapped.
 
“A wild fire destroys everything in it's path!” said Exodia. “It will be the same with your powers unless you learn to control them!”
 
“I can help you!”
 
“How?” I asked.
 
“Trust me…” said Exodia, “And I shall show you a way to focus your powers that will make you Virtually Invincible.”
 
* * *
 
For one entire year I trained as Exodia's apprentice, learning how to channel my powers so they may grow stronger as my strength increased!
 
Before I knew it… I started to use my Ninja skills less and less as if I never studied the art at all.
 
My personality exchanged too. I started acting wickedly, and hurting innocent creatures just to entertain myself.
 
But when I asked Exodia what I was fighting for…
 
“To serve your master!” said Exodia, “I was training you to fight for me; to do my bidding!”
 
I couldn't believe what I just heard! “That Cannot be!” I growled, “You said we were equals!”
 
“HAH… You, like all others, are and will always be weaker than I am… you can never match my power!”
 
I felt as though I was going to explode. “The strong may have trained me… BUT THEY WILL NEVER CONTROL ME!!!”
 
“I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS!!!”
 
Before I knew what I was doing, I began attacking Exodia with all that had in me, but it hardly even scratched him.
 
Like most dark ones, Exodia had penalties for betrayal; He Used his chains of Darkness and pierced out my left eye!
 
After that, he threw me a great distance out into the Darkness… knowing full well I would find the eye of truth.
 
* * *
 
I snapped Awake, which startled Kikyo! “Hikaru… you have awakened!” she cried.
 
However, she noted the anger blazing through my eyes as I felt along my body. “Kikyo…tell me it is not true!” I cried.
 
Kikyo told me everything of the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear, including how she was forced to send me to the Shadow-Realm when she never really intended to.
 
She also told about all the crimes I had committed, and when I looked outside… I felt as though I had died and gone to Hell.
 
“No…it cannot be?!” I cried. “He… Betrayed me and used me… I'LL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!”
 
Clenching my fists ever so tight, I looked up towards the sky and screamed with all my might…
 
 
“EXODIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”