InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ How to Stop Exodia ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
 
 
Back at the Mountain site, Exodia was in combat with Inu Yasha… so far the battle appeared to be a stalemate.
 
Exodia remembered the Sword of Shadows, and how was able to lock him away in the Shadow Realm…
 
But now he was stronger. It was cutting him badly, but hardly enough to even make him bleed
 
Inu Yasha slashed at Exodia's arm, and Exodia flipped his chain knocking Inu Yasha aside.
 
Exodia growled in pain, as he held the gash on his left are. “I'm most surprised!” he sniggered. “That somebody as strong as you isn't a Duel-Monster.”
 
“But unlike your powers… Mine never decreases!”
 
“He could be right!” cried Kagome as she struggled to her feet. “I can't sense if you've done any Damage, Inu Yasha!”
 
Inu Yasha did seem weak, but not beaten. “NO!!” he snapped, “Every monster has a weakness…even You!!”
 
“Grr… Do I?” mocked Exodia.
 
Inu Yasha Fired his Super Wind-Scarbut it looked as though he didn't suffer any Damage at all.
 
“Heh…heh…heh!”
 
“You tried before”,
“and you tried it again”
“but never at all”
“did you ever teach me about pain!”
 
“Which is a lesson I shall now teach you!!!”
 
Exodia brought his huge hands together and instantly summoned up a huge ball of hot energy.
 
“Quickly… We must Flee!!” cried Mitsu. “Why…what is happening?!” cried Sango.
 
“No time to explain!” cried Omaru, “HURRY… BEFORE HE ATTACKS!!!”
 
Even Inu Yasha saw that this was no place to be, he quickly sheathed his sword and began to run with the others.
 
Exodia's entire body began to glow… “You can run, but you cannot escape from ME!!!” he growled.
 
“EXODIA… OBLITERATE!!!!!”
 
He swung his arms back, and then in front of him, REALISING THE BIGGEST, HOTTEST WAVE OF ENERGY ANYONE HAD EVER SEEN!!!
 
The energy was flying right behind everyone, horribly burning everything it touched.
 
“DON'T LOOK BACK!!!” screamed Omaru.
 
But no matter how hard they tried, they all did look back, and saw the blast was nearly at them.
 
Suddenly they felt the ground below them give away like a trap door, and they all disappeared under the ground…JUST IN TIME!!!
 
The last of the energy died out, and Exodia was heard huffing and puffing, as he looked like he was going to drop.
 
“They got away!” he growled. “For now… But I shall gather up my strength and strike them again… they haven't heard the last of me!”
 
“Soon I shall destroy them all, leaving the whole world to suffer the wrath of Exodia the Forbidden One!!”
 
“AH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!”
 
* * *
 
Everyone awoke to find themselves inside a hidden Underground-Cavern… “Have we died on gone to Heaven?” thought Kagome.
 
“Wait a minute… In heaven, we're supposed to feel like A MILLION DOLLARS...”
 
“…but we look like Turkey's with the stuffing beat out of us!”
 
“Fear not everyone.” Said a familiar voice, “You are all still very much alive, just badly injured!”
 
“Who's there?” called Miroku, “Show yourself at once!”
 
The figure stepped forward… “Hikaru?” cried Mitsu. “Big Brother? Is it really you?” added Omaru.
 
I nodded my head. “Yes my siblings… I have returned to my normal self… and I am ever so sorry!”
 
I looked as though I was near tears, “Can you ever forgive me for putting you through these horrible feats?” I sobbed.
 
My Siblings had tears in their eyes too, and they ran over an hugged my tightly. “Oh, Hikaru!” cried Mitsu.
 
“We never thought we'd see you again, Big Brother!” cried Omaru. “My siblings… I love you both so dearly!” I sobbed.
 
What do you know? Even Inu Yasha had a tear of happiness in his eyes for the Ninjas.
 
 
* * *
 
It turned out that this cave was actually one of the many places my siblings and I used as shelter on our adventures 50 years ago.
 
When we traveled the world, and fended for ourselves… It was one of the only places unbeknownst to Exodia.
 
Making it safe to hide down here, along with Kikyo, and Kaede, who brought Baby Sanga away from the village.
 
Everyone sat down by the fire and chilled down on their tea. “Brother… can you please tell us about Exodia?” asked Omaru.
 
I sat up on the rock I used for my seat and told them everything I knew about Exodia.
 
* * *
 
Yes… it is true that Exodia is indeed the most powerful monster that ever walked the Earth, far longer before the Gods did!
 
He was the only Duel-Monster that I was unable to defeat in the Shadow-Realm, and the one responsible for everything.
 
Poisoning Kikyo to banishing me there!
Piercing out my left eye and giving me the eye of truth.
Manipulating me to doing his bidding.
 
And now he was free again, and he had even more than he had before, even if were to retrieve my staff from his chest… it would do no good.
 
For the attack Exodia just used… EXODIA OBLITERATE… is the ultimate power of all Duel-monsters.
 
By using this cosmic force, a fighter can increase his battling capabilities to INFINITY!!!
 
* * *
 
“Wow…Infinite Power!” cried Inu Yasha. “But wait, Hikaru?” asked Kaede, “Then why after the blast did Exodia seem to be weakening?”
 
“The Exodia-Obliterate can only be used for an instant!” I said.
 
“It focuses all the Energy, and power of the fighter into one gigantic concentrated burst of energy!”
 
“After Exodia used his attack, it left him drained of all power! He had nothing left inside of him to strike again!”
 
 
“So, then…how exactly do we defeat him?” asked Kikyo, “I'm afraid that impossible!” I answered.
 
“Because he has been completely restored, there is no possible way for even a Miracle to stop him!”
 
Everyone began to look in dismay, “So, does that mean… the world is doomed?” asked Shipo.
 
“Perhaps.” I said, which made everyone look confused. “I am aware of what I said… but if you will just hear me out… There may be one way!”
 
 
 
It was true that Exodia was free now, as he was once before Five-Thousand Years ago.
 
That was the key…the Shadow-Realm. For All these Millenniums, Exodia was sealed there, waiting to be set free again.
 
The answer was obvious, “We may not be able to destroy Exodia, but we do not have to!”
 
“We merely just need to send him back to the Shadow-Realm, and make it so he can never return again!”
 
We continued to discuss all the battle plans long into the night.
It would be easy to seal Exodia away again, but first came the hard part… Luring him into the trap!