InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Meeting ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silver: We no own so you no sue! Just to get it over with
Hikari: It feels so much better
Hiei: Baka onnas, you finally had enough sense to put me in the story
Silver: I told you, you were always in it, you just don't talk much
Hiei: Onna, you only mentioned me once before
Hikari: So…this is OUR story…WE are the ones writing it
Hikari/Hiei: glaring contest
Silver: looks on calmly
Kurama: sweatdrop Since both authoresses seemed preoccupied, I shall assist them in introducing the fourth chapter. Enjoy!
 
Chapter 4: The Legend
The dreaded hours had finally come to an end. Sakura and Hoshiko quickly grabbed their stuff and flew out the door. “I couldn't be able to stand any of that,” Hoshiko complained. “Hn.” “Is that all you could say!” “No.” Sakura decided to stick with the short answers. “Are we going there tonight?” “Yes.”
“You're an idiot!” Akira yelled at his twin. “If I'm an idiot then what are you? A bigger idiot! That's what.” “Oh please…I'm way smarter than you,” argued Akira. What an exciting conversation.
“Why do all shrines have to have so many steps?” “It's exercise Urameshi!” “I am fit enough.” With that he turned around and started up the steps, missing the smile that Kurama tried to cover, and Hiei smirked. Just as they got to the top, a little boy showed up. “Who are you?” The question was meant to be polite, but it didn't come out that way. It was clear that something was bothering the boy. Getting no response from the four detectives, Souta got annoyed. He asked the question again, this time there was clear frustration in it. Realizing their mistake, also being the first to recover, Kurama answered, “We were merely passing by, and your shrine managed to catch our attention so we decided to pay a visit. I apologize for disturbing you.” Everyone else nodded. “Oh…ok,” Souta said, not really understanding what he meant.
“Wow…that was close.” “Yeah I know. I thought he would never let us pass.” The four detectives made their way to the boy, who was leading them into the main part of the shrine. “Mom, gramps, we have visitors!” After making sure that he was heard, he ran off. “How polite.” Yusuke watched as the boy left without another word. “Don't mind him,” cam a voice from behind them. Yusuke and Kuwabara jumped. Kurama quickly recovered and bowed down to the woman behind them. “You don't have to be so polite. I'm Mrs. Higurashi, on of the owners of this shrine,” she smiled at them. “Hello Mrs. Higurashi. My name is Kurama, this is Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara,” said Kurama as he introduced each one of them. “You all look so young! We rarely see visitors you age around here,” exclaimed Mrs. Higurashi. (A/N Hikari: She never seems to have a name does she?) “Oh…ummm, well…we were….-“ “Merely passing by.” Kurama finished for Yusuke seeing as he was stuttering. “Well, would you young gentlemen like a tour of the shrine?” Mrs. Higurashi was impressed. She hasn't seen teenagers so eager to learn for a long time. Telling them to follow her, she started towards the Goshinboku. The detectives were thanking anyone who would listen to how the mission was going so well. “I usually don't give tours, but my father is not here so I will be your guide.” Then she began her, “This is the Goshinboku, also known as the God Tree. It has been here in the shrine since it was built and even before that. It dates back to the Sengoku Jidai, as part of a famous legend.
Legend+
500 years ago, there were many youkai roaming this land. Not only were there youkai, but also half-demons or hanyou. Among them was a hanyou named Inuyasha. Even though it was forbidden at that time, he had fallen in love a miko named Kikyou but was soon betrayed when he tried to steal the Shikon no Tama or also known as the Sacred Jewel. The powerful miko shot him with one of her sacred arrows and sealed him to this tree, where he would sleep for eternity. Indeed he was supposed o sleep forever, but fate had other plans. The hanyou slept for 50 years before a mysterious girl released him. But that's a whole different story.
Back with the group+
Smiling as she finished her tale, she signaled them to follow her again. Yusuke and Kuwabara were busily trying to process this information, Hiei just `hn'ed but inside he was doing his part of thinking as well. Kurama, on the other hand, was amazed at hos this woman could tell the story so well, as it she had experienced it first hand. He did not have any idea how close he was to the truth. All the detectives were too busy thinking that when she stopped, they all bumped into each other. When they got themselves organized again, they took a look at their surroundings and found themselves in front of a shed, or well-house. `Is this what we were sent to investigate?' thought 3 out of 4 of the Reikai Tantei. (A/N Silver: I am sure you know who. Hikari: I DON”T! Everyone: sweatdrop) “Hey Kurama, do you think this is the well that Koenma was talking about?” whispered Yusuke. “I don't know. Maybe.”
“Would you like to see the well?” asked Mrs. Higurashi. All 4 of them nodded furiously, wanting to know what was so special about it that they had to investigate it. Mrs. Higurashi slid open the door and led them in. it was dark and cold in there.
 
Silver: Kurama is laughing at my poor attempt at trying to be intelligent like him points at laughing Kurama
Hikari: Don't feel that bad….at least you tried.
Silver: What is that supposed to mean? …o well…w/e
Kurama: I apologize for making you feel bad Miss Silver trying to cover his laugh
Silver: …sweatdrop I am not blind but o well sits down
OCs: What was that pathetic excuse of two paragraphs about us?
Silver: School is boring, unless you really want us to write more about it
Hikari: Stop complaining, we'll write more next chapter whacks the guy ocs on the head
Akito/Akira: OW! Why us?
Hikari: Because you were closer
Akito/Akira: YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!
Hikari: I am one of the authoresses and WE created you. In other words, WE OWN YOU!
Silver: Okay…it's that time again. R&R (no flames plz but constructive criticism allowed though) Okay guys, that's enough fighting breaks up fight Until next time! Bye!
Everyone else: stops what they're doing BYE! continues what they're doing